Thread: Tony Khan: “This Isn’t a Public Company, I’m in 100% Control of Everything”

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    England

All Elite Wrestling Tony Khan: “This Isn’t a Public Company, I’m in 100% Control of Everything”

Tony Khan has a strong team surrounding him in All Elite Wrestling, but the buck stops with him.

It’s no secret that Khan is the President of AEW. He is active on social media about all things AEW, but (mercifully) does not appear on television as an authority figure.Earlier this week, Tony Khan tweeted that he signed Ricky Starts to an AEW contract after an impressive showing on this week’s Dynamite.

Wrestling statistician Craig from Pro Wrestling Musings noted that Tony Khan said “he” personally signed Starks, not “we” – as in, the company or the wrestlers who serve as AEW Executive Vice Presidents.

Craig wrote, “‘I signed’ not ‘We signed’. Be aware of what you are watching. Yes, it’s a great product. Yes, it’s better than WWE morally. But it is not the same product as All In. Be aware of what you are watching. ‘For the wrestlers by the wrestlers’, it is not.”

Tony Khan responded to Craig taking issue with him stating that he personally signed Ricky Starks. AEW’s lineage and genesis are linked to the [independent] All In event, but Khan never claimed it’s the same product.

“I’m transparent on how we work,” he replied. “We have a great group of execs in leadership roles, many are star wrestlers, & I work closely with them, & I’m accessible for all staff & wrestlers. This isn’t a public company, I’m in 100% control of everything."

Source - SEScoops
    I don't think it matters the percentage of AEW that Tony Khan owns. Despite the company being a private one, they still have to adhere to society's values and considered norms.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Re: Tony Khan: “This Isn’t a Public Company, I’m in 100% Control of Everything”

What's the story here?

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    What's the story here?
    That Tony Khan used "He" not "We". Yeah...

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Tony Khan: “This Isn’t a Public Company, I’m in 100% Control of Everything”

Excusing the fact that there’s legitimately no reason for this story to be posted, the article itself is terrible. They spell Starks name wrong and offer their useless opinion on Khan with the “mercifully” comment. If that’s the type of quality article SESScoops is putting out, I’d rather not see them used as a source here going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    That Tony Khan used "He" not "We". Yeah...
    Quality journalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

I read the OP twice thinking I missed something.. Turns out, Naaaah.

Really not sure what you wanted people to discuss here, John.

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Excusing the fact that there’s legitimately no reason for this story to be posted, the article itself is terrible. They spell Starks name wrong and offer their useless opinion on Khan with the “mercifully” comment. If that’s the type of quality article SESScoops is putting out, I’d rather not see them used as a source here going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ding ding ding.

Considering SES isn't an approved news site, and this isn't even news, I think this has served its purpose.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Silk's Miscellaneous Match Reviews
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Shoutbox Diva, #Iconic Hall of Famer
    #BlackLivesMatter
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Thread Information