Thread: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 17/06/2020

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

AEW Dynamite AEW Dynamite On TNT - 17/06/2020

ezgif-4-3d2c472e12ee.jpg

Another action packed episdoe of AEW Dynamite is in store for tonight. In addition to the matches above, Cody offers another open challenge for his AEW TNT championship. There seems to be an underlying tension brewing between the Young Bucks and FTR - what will develop from that and how will Butcher and The Blade be involved? More on Dynamite!

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 17/06/2020

It's an okay looking show tonight, I think the angles are gonna need to carry the matches. We know the champs aren't dropping the straps tonight but hopefully we get a decent tag match and TNT title match respectively since they have some of the higher potential here. It's weird that they've made Cody's opponent a mystery all week but with him probably still building to be Hager's opponent at Fyter Fest you don't think they'd be wasting a big surprise spot on someone who's just doing the job, so I think we're getting a lukewarm surprise instead. At a glance I think the tag title match has the most MOTN potential but at the very least I'm just happy for any excuse to get Hangman back in the ring.

Sex Gods and Best Friends angle is increasingly interesting to me as it stretches the Friends between two factions, the Inner Circle and the tag champs they'll soon be challenging. Obviously seems inevitable that match breaks down at some point when OC and the Circle get involved in their respective roles. Can't say Bucks vs. Fabian/Havoc does anything for me but maybe some FTR teasing will be enough to salvage it, and Billy out there to put over MJF is a whatever match but MJF is one of those guys who's been out of the ring for a while and needs a reason to step back through the ropes so that works for me.

Looks like another week without a Lance Archer match and I ain't about it. No women this week also.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Pathetically Recapping Wrestling's Most Famous Garbage
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic Hall of Famer

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

#BlackLivesMatter

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Archer said something about how Dynamite needs more Archer. Not sure if it'll lead to anything or just a throw away plug for Dynamite.

Moxley doesn't seem to have much planned either but he'll probably show up and cut a promo like he usually does.

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

Britt Baker continues to be the best thing in wrestling right now, even while injured.

She also RTed me, so I like her even more now :P

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

Some AEW thoughts...

I felt like while this show had good matches on paper, the fact that they all had stories to them meant we werent going to be seeing any of them being clean matches.

Bucks vs. Superbad Death Squad had Blade/Butcher to contend with and then FTR, and obviously Superbad's shenanigans. Champs vs. Natural Nightmare had the Allie drama to deal with. Gunn vs. MJF had the Gunns + Wardlow and afterwards Jungle Boy's crew. Arn Anderson of course had to give Cody some slight assistance in his match though less offending. & lastly Sex Gods vs. Best Friends had some Orange Cassidy shit though admittedly this was a lot less interference heavy than I was expecting.

Still a satisfying show to watch & ultimately the reason for these interferences were all to move forward stories. I think some interferences just do rub me the wrong way though. Feel like there should be more "wrestlers" law here with guys at ringside stopping others from unnecessarily intervening plus I just dont see why Jungle Boy/Luchasaurus/Stunt would sit by with all the shit MJF pulled in his match. At first I could rationalize their lack of engagement to not wanting to get hurt/every man for themselves but between the Jericho brawl w/ Tyson & the Jungle Boy/MJF brawl, I think that dispels that since everyone cleared out to stop it.

AEW's got a really huge roster atm, even w/ the quarantine, and I think guys like Mox/Cage getting a quick vignette, the rest of IC not appearing in a tag team centric show, Archer still missing, womens division being an afterthought, etc. kinda expose they dont have nearly enough screentime for all their characters but that may also be a case of having so many guys worthy of screentime as well.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Ricky Starks is now All Elite.

I need to rewatch the match, and other bits, as I was really paying attention (watching it at 2 am doesn't help). I did like his promo before the match.

[Run]

Status

Avoided spoilers, first full show in months. No stand out matches, but good TV as everything served a purpose and moved stuff forward so I enjoyed it. Love heel Britt Baker, although I see she's still focus of the division as she got more screen time than the ONE women's match even though she's injured. Tag division is the complete opposite, division is absolutely stacked to the brim.

Could do without a 10 minute Billy Gunn match in 2020 though.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Avoided spoilers, first full show in months. No stand out matches, but good TV as everything served a purpose and moved stuff forward so I enjoyed it. Love heel Britt Baker, although I see she's still focus of the division as she got more screen time than the ONE women's match even though she's injured. Tag division is the complete opposite, division is absolutely stacked to the brim.

Could do without a 10 minute Billy Gunn match in 2020 though.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Britt has been getting the most screen time of any women since I started watching. She's used every week in a prominent fashion. Shida hasnt really grown at all as a character since winning the belt. It seems they are working on making the rest of the division more interesting though: Monroe with Baker, Shida/Rose, Ford getting a title shot, Abaddon arriving, Ana Jay joining The Dark Order. If they can maintain it would be nice. Though still not enough.

Didnt mind the Billy Gunn match myself. Served its purpose I thought, though I guess it couldve been shorter I understand the kayfabe logic that a veteran who has been wrestling longer than MJF has been alive wouldnt go down that quick & easy.

Thread Information