Thread: Chris Jericho Names Which WWE Star He'd Love To See In AEW

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    England

All Elite Wrestling Chris Jericho Names Which WWE Star He'd Love To See In AEW

Chris Jericho was recently interviewed by Adam Wilbourn of WhatCulture Wrestling. During the interview, Jericho discussed AEW's goal of building stars in their company. He noted that they are trying to build stars in-house as opposed to just signing talent that WWE lets go."Our goal and what wrestling is all about is building new stars," Jericho said. "It's not going to be long before Sammy [Guevara] and MJF and Darby Allin and Scorpio Sky and these other guys are major major headlining stars. We need to build stars, this is not a a place where anybody in WWE can just show up. We're very selective on who we take on."
    In April, WWE announced massive layoffs and talent cuts due to the ongoing global coronavirus pandemic. Jericho admitted that AEW are not interested in any of the released talent.
    "Nothing against anybody involved because they're very talented, but there's nobody on that list that we're looking at," Jericho said. "We're not doing what WCW did in the 90s or what Impact did. We realize that's not how you do it and it becomes a retread, we need to make our own stars.
    "Look at Moxley now, it's a different guy, look at Brodie Lee, they wouldn't even put him on TV for the last eight months and now he's headlining PPVs and kicking ass doing it."
    Jericho continued to say there's one star in WWE that he'd love to see in AEW.
    "We do have a select handful of WWE recruits, but if everybody got released and the company ended tomorrow, we wouldn't take a lot," Jericho said. "I would put Roman Reigns at the top of my wish list for anybody because not only is he a great worker, he's such a cool guy. If they just let him be him, he'd be the biggest star in the industry. That's a guy I'd love to get my hands on for sure, one of the few I'd love to have from WWE."

Source - WhatCulture Wrestling

Any chance of Reigns heading to AEW in a few years? Hear me out..

If you were asking this question 6 months ago, I would have said "Absolutely no chance, he's the new Cena! Far too valuable to WWE". But we've had a pandemic and Reigns' stock has fallen in the WWE. They'll be building new stars and we wait to see how important he'll be once he returns.

If he comes back and is relegated to the midcards, my previous answer of "No way" starts to look more likely.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Re: Chris Jericho Names Which WWE Star He'd Love To See In AEW

Reigns is by all accounts a locker room leader and well liked in the company, plus they have invested a lot of time and money into him. He won't be leaving the company any time soon, nor will he be depushed on his arrival.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Reigns is by all accounts a locker room leader and well liked in the company, plus they have invested a lot of time and money into him. He won't be leaving the company any time soon, nor will he be depushed on his arrival.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk
    There's two clear options. One, he comes back with a World title programme to avenge his lost opportunity to fight Goldberg at Mania. Or secondly he comes back in a main event angle and then gets demoted.

Whatever happens, we'll see..

Comeback King

Status

No way Reigns ends up in AEW. He'll be in WWE for as long as he wants to be and Vince will always pay him good money. He's the Cena of this generation.

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    No way Reigns ends up in AEW. He'll be in WWE for as long as he wants to be and Vince will always pay him good money. He's the Cena of this generation.
    I saw an interesting graphic on Facebook recently that said:
    Bruno's Replacement: Hulk Hogan
    Hulk Hogan's Replacement: Stone Cold
    Stone Cold's Replacement: John Cena
    John Cena's Replacement: ??

Do you think Reigns is the replacement for Cena? It's very different from saying he's the "Cena of this generation".

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

1. Reigns will not get demoted and if he does, I will legitimately post a video of myself cooking and eating a shoe ala Werner Herzog.

2. There doesn’t have to be a John Cena any longer. The brand is what they sell, not the individual performers.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    2. There doesn’t have to be a John Cena any longer. The brand is what they sell, not the individual performers.
    Same could be said for the Attitude Era with Vince, Rock, HHH, Taker, Kane, Mankind, HBK and others but Stone Cold still rose above the rest.

Cult of Fuji

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    1. Reigns will not get demoted and if he does, I will legitimately post a video of myself cooking and eating a shoe ala Werner Herzog.

I would pay to see said shoe eating.

Reigns won't go anywhere

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

TEAM CYRUS

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Same could be said for the Attitude Era with Vince, Rock, HHH, Taker, Kane, Mankind, HBK and others but Stone Cold still rose above the rest.
    It can be argued that the beginnings lie in the AE, but it wasn’t nearly to the same extent that it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung View Post
    I would pay to see said shoe eating.

Reigns won't go anywhere

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    You know, I kind of want Reigns to get demoted now. Maybe I’ll just cook and eat a shoe anyways just for the hell of it.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Could you just imagine the flip-flopping AEW fans would do about Roman Reigns' credentials as a worker and a talker if he joined AEW. I mean if they think Brodie Lee in 2020 is a great wrestler, then Roman would blow their minds.

While it hasn't been a rosy year for Roman, he has every reason to put his health first during this pandemic and as petty as WWE can be, I think they'll overlook that to get a main event level guy back on their roster.

And lets get it right, Brock was the guy who they've tried to replaced Cena as the top star, not Reigns. But Fuji is right, more than ever before the brand is the draw here. This isn't like the attitude era at all.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I saw an interesting graphic on Facebook recently that said:
    Bruno's Replacement: Hulk Hogan
    Hulk Hogan's Replacement: Stone Cold
    Stone Cold's Replacement: John Cena
    John Cena's Replacement: ??

Do you think Reigns is the replacement for Cena? It's very different from saying he's the "Cena of this generation".
    None of those replacements are entirely accurate though.

ABSOLUTE

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Could you just imagine the flip-flopping AEW fans would do about Roman Reigns' credentials as a worker and a talker if he joined AEW. I mean if they think Brodie Lee in 2020 is a great wrestler, then Roman would blow their minds.

While it hasn't been a rosy year for Roman, he has every reason to put his health first during this pandemic and as petty as WWE can be, I think they'll overlook that to get a main event level guy back on their roster.

And lets get it right, Brock was the guy who they've tried to replaced Cena as the top star, not Reigns. But Fuji is right, more than ever before the brand is the draw here. This isn't like the attitude era at all.
    Roman hasn't had a match this year as good as Lee vs. Moxley at DoN.

Just putting that out there.

Edit: But also, maybe they should try to build a draw instead of having the brand be the draw cause things ain't looking real good for the past several years. Draw-wise.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peanutbutter View Post
    Roman hasn't had a match this year as good as Lee vs. Moxley at DoN.

Just putting that out there.
    Roman hasn't wrestled since February and was stuck in a feud with Corbin, hardly had the same opportunities of a world title match against a good wrestler.

And the Rumble match was better than the bang average Moxley/Lee.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

ABSOLUTE

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Roman hasn't wrestled since February and was stuck in a feud with Corbin, hardly had the same opportunities of a world title match against a good wrestler.

And the Rumble match was better than the bang average Moxley/Lee.
    Agree to disagree.

I stand by my statement.

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    None of those replacements are entirely accurate though.
    No, of course not. Bret Hart/Lex was Vince's attempt to replace Hogan in the early 90s, and Brock and/or HHH was his attempt to elevate people after SCSA walked out, Rock was clearly on his way out and Hogan's nostalgia run was coming to a close in 2002/03.

#CR2K21

Status
      Country                    UK

I’m very doubtful that they demote him on his return. As others have said, they’ve invested too much into him over the years just to give all of that up.

Also, the headline of “WWE punishes leukaemia survivor for staying at home for health reasons during global pandemic” won’t do them any favours at all.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Man View Post
    I’m very doubtful that they demote him on his return. As others have said, they’ve invested too much into him over the years just to give all of that up.

Also, the headline of “WWE punishes leukaemia survivor for staying at home for health reasons during global pandemic” won’t do them any favours at all.
    This will become a thing and then they'll book another Saudi show to make themselves feel better...

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Man View Post

In the same way that "WWE Releases 100+ People During Global Pandemic" had little to no reaction from anyone outside the industry? Most non-wrestling fans don't care about stuff like this.. Wrongly imo.

Thread Information