Thread: Vince Russo Shoots Down Rumors That He Is Working For Impact Wrestling

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    England

Impact Wrestling Vince Russo Shoots Down Rumors That He Is Working For Impact Wrestling

Vince Russo took to Twitter yesterday to shoot down rumors that he is working as a consultant for Impact Wrestling. The rumors have been going around for awhile and largely centered around Russo being part of the TNA: There’s No Place Like Home special that was being planned as part of WrestleCon during WrestleMania 36 weekend. That show, of course, ended up being canceled due to the pandemic.

PWInsider
    noted that officials in Impact told them that they have no plans at all to use Russo in any capacity.

Here is what Russo had to say on Twitter:
    “Years Ago I was Hired by TNA as a consultant. Part of the Terms was to keep it Quiet. I did what my Employer asked me to do. When I accidentally sent an e-mail to the wrong address-it came out. I was labeled a LIAR for keeping the confidentiality my employer asked me to. (1)”
    “At that time I vowed myself to never allow myself to get into that situation again. The Dirt Sheets are stirring up that I’m consulting fort TNA again. Hate to kill their FALSE BS-but-I’m not. http://RussosBrand.com is a FULL-TIME JOB and I wouldn’t trade it in for THE WORLD (2)”
    Source: 411 Mania.

Despite this being a "non story", it completely reminded and shocked me to learn that iMPACT Wrestling are still around in some shape or fashion. How crazy is that?

Does anyone still watch iMPACT? Has the booking progressed since the days of Russo and Hogan/Bischoff?

[be more kind]

Status

Re: Vince Russo Shoots Down Rumors That He Is Working For Impact Wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Source: 411 Mania.

Despite this being a "non story", it completely reminded and shocked me to learn that iMPACT Wrestling are still around in some shape or fashion. How crazy is that?

Does anyone still watch iMPACT? Has the booking progressed since the days of Russo and Hogan/Bischoff?
    Now they've got away from Dixie and JJ, they've actually managed to stabilise quite nicely. They're no longer obsessed with competing with WWE and have got their own house in order.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Now they've got away from Dixie and JJ, they've actually managed to stabilise quite nicely. They're no longer obsessed with competing with WWE and have got their own house in order.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    I remember seeing a few moments from one of their shows earlier this year. The way they portray themselves on TV (Small arena, very bland stage area, low quality production) really separated them with AEW and WWE, and makes them look quite cheap in comparison. I didn't stick around for the wrestling because the vibe it gave off was "Indy".

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I remember seeing a few moments from one of their shows earlier this year. The way they portray themselves on TV (Small arena, very bland stage area, low quality production) really separated them with AEW and WWE, and makes them look quite cheap in comparison. I didn't stick around for the wrestling because the vibe it gave off was "Indy".
    Whats wrong with that?
    I am the Foundation

https://twitter.com/TheJonGresham

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Whats wrong with that?
    Sorry Indyfan!! Absolutely nothing.

As someone who's watched WWE most of their life, and slight bits of TNA and AEW, I watch for the wrestling but expect the production value to be of the same quality. There's nothing wrong with it, I'm just not used to it.

Thread Information