Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impact Wrestling 2020 - After The Pandemic

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Impact Wrestling 2020 - After The Pandemic

AFTER THE PANDEMIC

Aw shit, here we go again.

For those that weren't around more than 6 years ago (but probably even longer than that) I used to be big contributor to this particular corner of WC. I was the first mod of the section, and I had a couple of projects that did pretty well even if they only lasted about 10% of what I had planned. My final attempt at a thread was a European start up promotion about 4 years ago that was the result of a draft a few of us did - it lasted 1 show. I think I previously said I'd never do BTB again, but who saw this global pandemic hitting quite as hard as it has? I've just finished a 6 year part time university course, and with no current football or wrestling to enjoy because both of these things are nothing without fans, I have a lot of spare time on my hands and I thought dipping my toes back into some writing might help fill some time and celebrate my freedom from writing about Blood and Biomedical Science.

WHY IMPACT?

Couple of reasons really. I wanted to do a modern/future BTB and WWE holds no interest for me to even keep up to date with let alone start writing about, and AEW is on such a roll that there's little I'd change about it at the moment. It came down to ROH Vs Impact for me and I think there's better characters in Impact to write for, a stronger crop of women for sure, and more freedom to change things up to improve the promotion. From 2003-2010, TNA was my favourite promotion as WWE wasn't doing a lot for me at the time, so there's quite a bit of nostalgia and love for them no matter how many name changes and different owners they've had. Also, a couple of my all time favourite threads in this section have been TNA ones such as Natty's and Diablos that are both a decade old at this point, so there's always been part of me that wanted to give it a shot.

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the two hour weekly show, I found my groove doing 1 hour shows with NXT, but I'm going to try and make this format work.

WHAT NEXT?

There's no way I'm writing empty arena shows, so to get around that I'm jumping forward into the future to reach a point where hypothetically fans are allowed into shows in the states again. I'm probably being unrealistic on when that date is, but who really knows at this point. The first update in this thread will be an prologue of sorts catching everyone up with the state of Impact Wrestling during the COVID-19 pandemic and quickly summarising the months I'm skipping past.

I would also like to state early that this will not be a thread where full length matches will be written. I get no enjoyment out of writing matches, so I'll be adopting a summary approach to match writing to keep me sane during this project. At least to start with I won't be covering Xplosion which I was surprised to learn is still a show that exists. Oh and expect no more Undead Realm garbage to be booked.

Mens

Ace Austin
    Acey Romero
    Adam Thornstowe
    Chase Stevens
    Chris Bey
    Chris Hero
    Cody Deaner
    Cousin Jake
    Crazy Steve
    Daga
    Dez
    Eddie Edwards
    Ethan Page
    Fallah Bahh
    Jake Crist
    Josh Alexander
    Johnny Swinger
    Larry D
    Luster 'The Legend'
    Madman Fulton
    Moose
    Raj Singh - Injured
    Rhino
    Rich Swann - Injured
    Rob Van Dam
    Rockstar Spud
    Rohit Raju
    Sami Callihan
    Sheera
    Suicide
    TJP
    Trey
    Wentz

Knockouts

Alisha Edwards
    Deonna Purrazzo
    Havok
    Jordynne Grace
    Katie Forbes
    Kiera Hogan
    Kimber Lee
    Kylie Rae
    Madison Rayne
    Nevaeh
    Rosemary
    Su Yung/Susie
    Tasha Steelz
    Taya Valkyrie
    Tenile Dashwood
    Tessa Blanchard

Managers

John E. Bravo - Manager of Taya Valkyrie
    Katie Forbes - Manager/Girlfriend of Rob Van Dam

Fallah Bahh and TJP
    Kiera Hogan and Tasha Steelz
    Reno Scum - Luster the Legend and Adam Thornstone
    The Killer Death Machines - Havok and Nevaeh
    The North - Ethan Page and Josh Alexander
    The Rascals - Dez, Tre and Wentz
    XXXL - Acey Romero and Larry D

World Championship - Tessa Blanchard since January 12th 2020

Knockouts Championship
    - Jordynne Grace since February 11th 2020

World Tag Team Championship - The North since July 5th 2019

X-Division Championship - Willie Mack since April 21st 2020

Lockdown Lifted:
    Episode 001 - September 1st 2020

Plans Change:
    Episode 002 - September 8th 2020
    Last edited by Ed; 07-02-2020 at 09:20 AM.

R. I. P. Lionheart

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Re: Impact Wrestling 2020 - After The Pandemic

"Oh and expect no more Undead Realm garbage to be booked"

You fucking monster.

Nah man, it's so amazing to see you back! I remember reading your old NXT thread all the time back in the day, so I have no doubt this'll be great stuff!

But c'mon pleeeeeeease just one undead match? Please?

Impact 2014: Re-Branding When It Mattered
    In the BTB Section!

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

*Borat voice* It's very nice!
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

Admin in Lockdown

Status

PROLOGUE

COVID-19, Corona Virus, the 'rona. Whatever you call it it's the biggest thing to ever hit the wrestling industry before because this time everyone's feeling the effects. The independent wrestling scene is effectively suspended at the moment and who knows how many can afford to re-open when this is all over, everyone in Japan but NJPW is running empty arena shows, and in the states a couple of the big boys like WWE and AEW are still forcing talent to tape shows for fear of not getting paid by the TV companies. Some of the small boys are at it too - namely Impact Wrestling who are also still taping their weekly show for AXS.

The tapings have not been without their headaches though - most importantly travel issues with wrestlers. Tessa Blanchard, Jordynne Grace, Daga, Eddie Edwards, Rob Van Dam, Tenille Dashwood and Taya Valkyrie have all been unable to attend the tapings which means Don Callis and Scott D'Amore have had to be creative in getting around the issue of roster absentees. The biggest issue being that Tessa Blanchard is the Impact Wrestling World Champion, and after going 'all in' on the intergender aspect of the promotion and pushing Tessa to the very top of the card, there was a reluctance to strip her of the title even if she'd be missing for months of TV times. The solution was to belt up one of the remaining credible main events, Moose, with the old TNA World Heavyweight Championship based off his then ongoing program of feuding with old TNA wrestlers going into the Wrestlemania TNA reunion show. The belt would not be sanctioned by Impact Wrestling management meaning that only in Moose's deluded head was he the World Champion of the company, but it gave the weekly Impact episodes an angle to run with and Moose and his phoney belt worked as a decent placeholder until Tessa was able to travel back from her home in Mexico with her partner Daga.

A #1 contenders tournament was set up to determine who would face Tessa Blanchard for the first title defence once she's allowed back in America. The tournament was won by Trey from the Rascals who overcame Ace Austin in the final in a battle of the young hotshots in the company. However, with The Corona Virus still rampant in America the prospect of Tessa defending the title in the near future seemed bleak. Moose came to the rescue ready to prove himself to Impact Wrestling management by suggesting Trey fight him at the next Pay-Per-View for the TNA Championship. With no other world title match to put on the bill, the 25-year old wasn't in the mood to wait for his big opportunity, and so Moose Vs Trey was set for Slammiversary. After a valiant effort for over 15 minutes, Moose would see off Trey with a low blow followed up by a spear.

Impact's bad luck also extended into some of their other titles as both Ethan Page and Josh Alexander of The North were not allowed to leave Canada, and Jordynne Grace made the decision to not travel during the pandemic - meaning both the Tag Team and Knockouts Champions couldn't physically be at the tapings. The North found a clever way to get around this travel ban by filming segments in Canada that could air on Impact leading to cinematic matches with Cody Deaner (the Alabama redneck who is actually also from Canada and unable to travel) and various members of his family. During May there wasn't much said about Jordynne Grace's absence at all and Impact focused the Knockout's division more on building up the other stars of the division with feuds between Kylie Rae & Susie and Kiera Hogan & Tasha Steelz, as well as Havok and Kimber Lee, while Deonna Purrazzo made her debut with the company. Grace however did return to the June tapings of Impact and was able to set up a title program with Kylie Rae and Kiera Hogan when the two ladies ended up in a no-contest finish during their #1 contenders match.

The bad blood between Michael Elgin and Ken Shamrock continued throughout June, with the two at each others throats dating back to Elgin attacking Shamrock mid-interview which removed the MMA legend from the #1 contenders tournament. Shamrock got his temporary revenge by being a distraction finish that eliminated Elgin from the tournament against Trey. Their differences were due to be settled at Slammiversary where the two would meet in singles action. Michael Elgin would win the match by countdown when Elgin powerbombed the MMA legend onto the ringapron and he was unable to answer the count of 10. Shamrock had to be stretchered out of the arena and this was later reported to be him being written out of the promotion as the company had no more use for him as Callis and D'Amore looked to lower the average age of the roster.

One of the bigger stories of the lockdown episodes of Impact was the self destruction of the promotion's biggest stable, oVe. During the Rebellion match between Sami Callihan and Ken Shamrock, oVe attempted to help Sami win the match, but Sami instead chose to attack his partners, citing later that he didn't need any help and was livid at the suggestion he did from those closest to him. After he left the group, the stable collapsed like a house of cards; weeks later Madman Fulton also quit the group after losing his first round match in the #1 contenders tournament. Fulton put his run of bad form down to the Crist Brothers, and attacked them after his loss to Hernandez. After constant backstage brawling between all four former members, it was decided by Impact Wrestling management that everyone would be about to work out their frustrations with each other in a 4 way match - Sami Vs Fulton Vs Jake Vs Dave. The match descended into a hardcore, weapons filled walk and brawl match where Sami picked up the win with a baseball bat shot to Dave Crist.

Elsewhere on the PPV card, Jordynne Grace held onto the Knockouts title when she defeated Kiera Hogan and Kylie Rae in a triple threat, Ace Austin picked up a win over Rhino in more of an enhancement match, and The X-Division title stayed in the possession of Willie Mack after he saw of the challenge of Chris Bey who continued to have the services of Johnny Swinger on that night.

Slammiversary XVIII Results:
    Moose defeated Trey to retain the TNA World Championship
    Michael Elgin defeated Ken Shamrock
    Jordynne Grace defeated Kiera Hogan and Kylie Rae to retain the Knockouts Championship
    Sami Callihan defeated Madman Fulton, Dave Crist and Jake Crist
    Havok w/ Nevaeh defeated Kimber Lee
    Willie Mack defeated Chris Bey w/Johnny Swinger to retain the X-Division Championship
    Ace Austin defeated Rhino

---

Heading into August there was finally some light at the end of the Global Pandemic tunnel when President Trump announced that travel restrictions to and from the States would be lifted as of September 1st. It was also announced that it would be a state decision on what the maximum size would be for indoor gatherings for such things as sporting events and music concerts in an attempt to get the entertainment business back on track and generating money again. So now not only could all of Impact's roster return to taping, but now a % of fans were allowed to come back too. When those news items were released, Impact Wrestling was hot on the heels of their own 'project restart' by announcing that Bound For Glory would take place on Sunday October 18th, and they would be allowing some fans into their next set of tapings in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The main angles for Impact in August were mainly treading water waiting for the travel bans to be lifted. Moose was still defending his TNA World title among a host of lower rung talent, and Impact management still refused to acknowledge the belt as a true championship within the company. Other programs in August saw Sami Callihan and Madman Fulton continue their beef in singles competition, Jake Crist tried his hand at becoming X-Division champion again only to fall to Willie Mack, and the Knockouts division saw Havok challenge Jordynne Grace for the title on an episode of Impact, but she came up short to big momma pump.

The road to Bound For Glory was about to begin...

---

Full shows from this point on starting with the first Impact show of September 2020.

Shit username since day 1

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Well colour me surprised.

There was a while back there I was following Impact on a weekly basis, so I’m pretty familiar with a lot of this talent pool, which will make it easier to follow. It’s a pretty diverse talent roster too, and for all the flack the company takes, I’d say their women’s division is as good - or at least as well treated - as any other company. Situation with the title sure will be interesting, especially the inter-gender aspect of the title and Tessas contract status too.

Devastated there’s no more undead realm. As shit and hokey as it is, I’d have loved to see that show up here.

But hopefully you can undead realm Joey Ryan out of Impact too.

Charismatic Enigma

Status

This is probably my favorite Impact roster in awhile right now. The North are a great consistent tag team act, the knockouts division is flooded with great talent, and the overall use of younger rising stars has been a real great point for Impact right now. I don't mind guys like Shamrock, Rhino, RVD, and Dreamer hanging out here because I think they add to the company rather than come off as hurting the integrity overall.

You caught me off guard with Trey winning that tournament then going on to face Moose rather than wait to face Tessa. But I think you have lined up a 'true champion' feud between Tessa and Moose which will be a lot fun to go through. Your other Slammiversary matches seemed good on paper. I am curious what you decide to do with the likes of Havok and Neveah as well as Sami Callihan now that oVe is over.

Really excited and can't wait for the weekly shows Ed!
    Now Writing
    WWE 2016: Claim Your Throne

Global Saturation

Status

I’ll be honest, I haven’t seen an episode of Impact, or watched a TNA pay per view since 2015? 14? Just lost complete interest and honestly felt everything was garbage. I’ve kept up with who superstars are and such, but never watch it anymore. So from someone who hasn’t read much of your past stuff (being a relative newbie here, and still looking at old BTB’s) I will be interested to see where this goes! I definitely like the prologue and I’m always a fan of summary based matches with emphasis more on the booking and other. Count me as a watcher and reader!!
    It’s a weapon. It’s really powerful, especially against living things.

Puts the extra "p" in Nappa Valley since Day 1.

The Flow

Status
      Country                    Canada

Ed I'm pretty stoked to see you back doing a BTB, I'll be watching this closely

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang
    [06:01 PM]Dakstang
    :
    Yeah I guess you are right. And I only want to be Daddy to my own kids. Sorry.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Good luck with this, Ed. Obviously great to see a legend return and I'm excited to read your creativity for the first time

Don’t make me Chang this

Status
      Country                    UK

Good luck with this thread, mate. It is only a good thing that you are back in the section. Your NXT BTB is one of my favourite ever threads, so I have very high hopes for this one.

RIC FLAIR AND THE NEW HORSEMEN: THE NATURE BOY'S LAST RIDE
    NOW PLAYING IN THE BTB SECTION

WC's Favourite Video Games of the 2010's - The Countdown | The Pokemon Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke Challenge

I won some BTB awards a while ago...

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Impact Wrestling on AXS - September 1st 2020
    Episode 001 - Lockdown Lifted

Location - Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall, Las Vegas Nevada
    Commentary: Josh Matthews and Don Callis

The show opens up with Josh Matthews and Don Callis bantering with each other as they celebrate their reunion now Don is allowed back into the United States. A quick scan of the arena shows close to about 200 fans are present for the taping, spread out with an empty chair in-between each person to keep social distancing a precaution on advice of Nevada state officials. Don makes a quick jibe about how Josh can pay him back later for giving him a break from working so closely with his wife. Josh retorts that if he smiles or even acknowledges that remark he's a dead man so quickly changes the subject onto running down a few matches for tonight including a non-title Slammiversary rematch where Willie Mack takes on Chris Bey once again, and in the main event there's another non-sanctioned TNA World Championship match where Moose will defend against Rhino. Don says to be serious for a moment, Moose even though he isn't a recognised champion should be commended for how he's stepped up and tried to make the best of the situation the company was in. However, he predicts Moose is going to find life a bit tougher for him now because the end of the travel restrictions means everyone and anyone can come back to work, even people who have been gone for a really, REALLY long time, and he didn't just spend his time at home watching reruns of Jeopardy. He winks at Josh before some familiar music plays to long time Impact fans.

Well, well, well, the man formerly known as Drake Maverick walks out on stage and looks a little emotional at the reception he's getting as he makes his comeback to Impact Wrestling. He slaps the hands of the fans in the front row, and makes his way into the ring. A spud chant breaks out as he begins to talk

Rockstar Spud - Wow, thank you. This means so much guys, honestly.

Spud takes a moment to compose himself and touch the corners of his eyes, removing a couple of tears that had been building up.

Rockstar Spud - I haven't said this for about 3 years, but Rockstar Spud has entered the building~!

crowd cheers.

Rockstar Spud
    - It's been a mad, mad year guys and I'm not just talking about the Corona virus. I started 2020 with ambitions of evolving my role at my old job and wrestling for championships, I got into the best shape of my career to give me every opportunity of doing that, and then, just when I thought I was making some progress and was getting excited about my future, i got fired. Totally out of the blue, didn't see it coming.

Some sympathetic boos can be heard.

Rockstar Spud - To have a childhood dream be crushed so suddenly is tough enough to take, but to have the uncertainty around being unemployed during a global pandemic when I've got a family to provide for is scary stuff, that's a different level guys. I'm not ashamed to say there were some rough days mentally and a few tears shed worrying about my future. Cards, on the table here folks I only had a visa to live in this country through my former employers, and the clock was ticking down on me finding a new job otherwise I faced the very scenario of having to be deported back home to England. Don't get me wrong I love my roots back in England, but I love America, and I love professional wrestling and I....

Spud momentarily stops to soak in the USA chants.

Rockstar Spud
    - I did everything in my power to keep my name out there, create a buzz and see if anyone was willing to give me a lifeline. Some of you bless your hearts helped me with that, you retweeted my tweets, you shared my videos, you bought my merchandise and I thank you for that from the bottom of my heart - but one man was taking notice and was ready to throw me that lifeline.

Spud points up to the commentary table.

Rockstar Spud - Don Callis was watching. And when I got a call from him saying he loves my work and he wants me to come home and work for Impact Wrestling........I was elated. This giant weight had been lifted off my back. My prayers were answered, so Don, I want to thank you publicly for taking a chance on me, and I won't let you or the fans down.

Callis on commentary says he knows he won't.

Rockstar Spud - Rockstar Spud is back in Impact Wrestling, and now that the ink is dry on my contract here and my visa situation is sorted, some people in my position might then take their foot off the gas, take it easy, and coast paycheck to paycheck. Well, I've never been one to phone it in, and I never will be - no-one puts in more effort than me. That's the way it has to be in this industry when you're the size I am. My mantra has always been to work twice as hard as anyone else, and while my dreams are coming true, why not keep dreaming? Why not dream big? Why the hell not? I'm dreaming big guys and I want you to dream big with me

They're rallying behind him for encouragement.

Rockstar Spud - I'm not here to be a manager for other wrestlers. I'm not here to the general manager of the show and wear brash suits and book other stars in matches. I'm not here to be the court jester, and be the butt of everyone's jokes, and to be the sidekick and the fall guy of other, bigger, tougher, stronger wrestlers. And I'm certainly not here to piss myself on pay-per-view.

oooooooooooooooo

Rockstar Spud - I'm here to be as serious as the next man or woman in this company. I'm here to wrestle and fight with everything I've got. I'm here to become a World Champion for the first time in my career. I've faced Kurt Angle for the Impact World Championship before and it was the highlight of my wrestling career and I want to taste those days again. I don't care if I have to go through Tessa Blanchard, or Moose, but I promise the wrestling fans across the world this much - I won't stop fighting to make my dreams come true.

Not so fast...

The ICU graphic comes up on the tron and the progress bar reaches 100% meaning only one thing - Sami Callihan has arrived on the scene. Most fans were right in Spud's corner during his promo, but the scowl on Sami's face lets everyone know he's no fan of what he's just heard. He walks all the way into the ring, and then gets in the face of Spud trying to intimidate him. Spud, not being one to back down, has a pop back.

Rockstar Spud - Come on then Sami, spit it out, what's your problem today?

Sami continues to stare at Spud, and after about 10 seconds of pausing, puts the microphone to his mouth.

Sami Callihan
    - shut it, boy

The crowd boo while Drake does the ironic 'good one' laugh

Sami Callihan - Our paths haven't crossed before, I came to this company not long after you left, and look at the legacy I've built up in that time. I'm a former Impact World Champion and the biggest star of this company. So let me just give you an important lesson on how things are done around here. If you want to be World Champion, you don't go through Tessa, you don't go through Moose - you go through the draw, Sami Callihan.

Heat. The Las Vegas crowd are not fans of the self appointed draw.

Sami Callihan - and if you think that you can just walk into this company, fresh off the unemployment line with your fancy male model clothes and pompous slicked back hair and your pandering words sucking up to these parasites (booooooo) and jump the queue to get a world title shot, then you've got another thing coming. I have unfinished business with Tessa Blanchard, and now that I've got those three morons from oVe out of my life, I can focus all my time and energy on becoming the Champion of this promotion again.

Sami is experienced enough to let the negative reaction from the crowd sink in.

Sami Callihan - So my advice to you Spud is to go back home, go into the attic, dust off the boxes labelled clown suits and dickie-bows and come back here next week dressed for the only job you're good for - Getting laughs. And you leave the wrestlers and the adults to do the real fighting, because you will never, ever be World Champion of this company while I'm around.

Sami is saying all of this with a pointed finger at a deliberate downward angle that emphasises Sami talking down to Drake.

Sami Callihan
    - Oh I almost forgot, your welcoming present.

BAM!! Just like that Sami headbutts Spud by surprise and the returning superstar drops down to the mat. Sami's not done with just one shot though, he mounts Spud and fires off with repeated punches to the forehead, just above the right eyebrow where the headbutt landed. As there was no match ongoing, it takes a while for a handful of referees to come down to the ring to try and put a stop to the attack. As the referees and talent agents reason with Sami that he's done enough, the camera pans back onto Spud who is now struggling to get back to his feet and has blood oozing from a gash above his right eyebrow. He's a mess. Sami feign that he's done with his attack and motions to leave the ring, before racing back to Spud and nailing him with a package piledriver!! Now a few security guards have hit the ring and Sami decides enough is enough and it's time to duck out. Sami laughs as he walks up the stage, soaking in the boos from the Las Vegas crowd, and we go to a commercial break on the image of a lifeless Spud on the canvas. His big return ruined in the most heinous way by Sami Callihan by surprise and starts the attack.

WILLIE MACK VS CHRIS BEY

The opening contest for this first episode of Impact with fans in attendance is well in tune with the history of this company, starting the show with X-Division action. The X-Division Champion Mack, and 'The Ultimate Finesse' Chris Bey have had their differences over the past few months, most notably coming to a head at Slammiversary where the X-Division championship was on the line.

This one had all the athleticism and excitement we've come to expect from these two men. While there were certainly moments in the match where Mack was basing for Bey's rope assisted moves, Mack would return the favour when he started busting out topes and kip ups into moonsaults to show off his surprisingly agility. When Willie broke out the coast to coast on a rope hung Bey, that's when the crowd came unglued at what they were watching. Willie then managed to put a 1-2 punch together that Bey couldn't handle; firstly a stunner that sent him bouncing above the top ropes of the ring, and then the 6 star frog splash to end it on 14:02. A great way to start the action tonight.

---

A graphic is shown saying next week The North are having a delayed celebration for their one year anniversary of being the Impact World Tag Team Champions. Don Callis says he can only imagine what the brilliant mind of Ethan Page has come up with for his first live appearance in 5 months.

MICHAEL ELGIN VS TOMMY DREAMER

No prizes for guessing that Elgin would be the dominant wrestler in this one. It would of been a difficult task for Tommy Dreamer on any day of the week here facing a man of Elgin's size given Dreamer's age, but he had next to no chance with the attitude Big Mike was displaying. The Canadian started the match aggressive and didn't let up for one moment, rag-dolling Dreamer around the ring, almost Brock Lesnar like formula where Dreamer was vertical suplexed 8 times in a row, the final time a delayed one as he held Dreamer aloft for 35 seconds until the crowd stopped finding it fun to count along and the uncomfortable vibe to the match kicked in. Elgin had the match won at several points but kept breaking up the pin himself.

The match spilled to the outside as Elgin watched Dreamer roll out of the ring to catch some fleeting moments of recovery with some heavy breathing. Elgin feigned rolling Dreamer back into the ring, only to stick him between his legs and lift him up for an apron powerbomb - the very same move that took out Ken Shamrock at Slammiversary. After a quick check from the referee, there was no hesitation in calling the match off at 6:28 and giving it to Elgin via referee stoppage. Dreamer, just like Shamrock, is stretchered out of the area while Elgin walks right up the entrance ramp, not even acknowledging the heartless act he just executed. Josh Matthews asks what has gotten into Michael Elgin recently, and Don Callis says he's no psychologist but Elgin is very clearly trying to send out a message of intent to anyone that gets in his way.

---

Requiem for a dream plays in the background as the camera pans around a large, experienced gentleman sitting down on a chair as if giving a sit down interview to the press. Fans of NXT and independent wrestling will recognise him as Chris Hero/Kassius Ohno.

Chris Hero - My name is Chris Hero, from Dayton Ohio....no affiliation with those OvE guys (Hero smiles), and I've been a professional wrestler for 22 years.

Interspersed with Hero's narration are slow motion clips of him in the ring with what appears to be an unnamed wrestling trainee - he has a pretty tight cravet hold on him in this clip.

Chris Hero - I've been called many things in my career, the young knockout kid, the knockout artist, a king of wrestling, but right now I'm pretty happy being the Wrestling Genius just like the shirt says.

Hero points to his yellow 'Wrestling Genius - Chris Hero' T-Shirt and smiles to himself. The camera cuts to a slow motion clip of him doing a big boot to the student.

Chris Hero - I'd say my wrestling IQ is very high, I have an encyclopedic knowledge of this business that I've been absorbing for almost 40 years now. I know we're not here for trivia contests, but I've watched and mastered all the possible styles of wrestling from the British world of sport style to Puroresu to lucha libre...

Clip of Hero doing the Misawa tribute flip over the top rope to land on the apron, and then a clip of him diving into the ring with a forward roll like a luchador

Chris Hero - I can do it all..............I have done it it. Matter of fact the only thing I haven't done is come to Impact Wrestling and proven my dominance here. I wanna change that.

Clip of Hero doing a jumping elbow to the back of the students neck

Chris Hero - I've competed in 17 countries, I've won 37 titles across the world, and all those experiences make me a complete package in this business with a unique skillset. When I put my mind to it there's no-one in this business that can stop me.

Clip of Chris Hero in real life footage now of him competing in Revolution Pro Wrestling in England and Pro Wrestling NOAH in Japan.

Chris Hero - I am the best wrestler in the world, but we live in a marketable world and I've worked for companies that have rewarded talentless yes men so opportunities I deserved have not always come my way. If I wrestled in the 1980s I don't think there'd quite be so much talk and reverence for Ric Flair as the greatest wrestler of all time

the music cuts and the interviewer asks him if he really believes that.

Chris Hero - 100%. You think I don't know how to counter a figure four leglock? He'd of been lucky to win 1 world title if I was born 20 years earlier.

the music starts back up, even louder this time, and the clips of him in the ring are at full speed rather than slow motion. Cyclone Kicks, Release Suplexes, Release Gory Specials, you name it.

Chris Hero - Next week I make my debut for Impact Wrestling, yet another company that has the honour of watching me in the ring be a master of my craft. I'm looking forward to writing another chapter in my legacy here when I win championship after championship after championship and prove yet again why I am the wrestling genius.

Closing shot of a rolling elbow knocking out the student as the music fades out.

---

JORDYNNE GRACE VS TASHA STEELZ

Tasha is joined at ringside by her tag partner/mentor/possible friend Kiera Hogan who these days is sporting a bright blue haircut to represent her firey attitude and just like that I'm transported back to Year 8 Science class learning about the hottest setting on a bunsen burner. Tasha is somewhat of a newcomer to Impact debuting back in May and she's still finding her feet in the Knockouts division. Her challenge tonight doesn't come much tougher than facing off one on one with the Knockouts Champion Jordynne Grace, a woman twice her size and possess more strength than most of the male roster.

Grace does dominant this match, but there's a couple of fleeting moments of offence for Steelz including a crossbody off the top rope, the only time she manages to get the champ off her feet. Grace manages to duck under a high kick attempt and catch Steelz with her guard down, transitioning into a Grace Driver which crumples up Tasha like an accordion and renders her motionless for the count, ending this one at 7:42

After the match, Grace has her hand raised by the referee, only for Kiera Hogan to attack the champion from behind with a forearm. She stomps away at Grace, while Steelz, clutching her neck, begins to attack her as well with just a little less vigour. It's a 2 on 1 ambush with no end in sight until Kylie Rae runs down to the ring to make the save. 'Smiley Kylie' doesn't even need to swing a punch in anger as the two cowards run away at the prospect of a fair fight. Kylie checks in on Grace who responds that she's alright although a thank-you is never picked up on camera.

---

JAKE SOMETHING VS LOCAL TALENT

The haunting, marching sound of 'Damn The Sky' by Beast Wars blares out while Jake is announced as Jake Something as he comes to the ring rather than his usual title in Impact of 'Cousin Jake'. That redneck gimmick appears to be dead. Jake overpowers his local talent opponent with a string of vicious offence - ending this one in quick fashion at 2:08 with the giant sitout powerbomb. After the match which was more warm-up than work-out, Impact's latest backstage interviewer, Gia Miller, has climbed into the ring to grab a word.

Gia Miller - Jake congratulations on the win and a dominant one at that, but what's more on my mind right now and I'm sure the mind of lots of Impact Wrestling fans is the new look, the new name, the new attitude, can you let us know what that's all about?

Jake Something - Gia I wasn't happy with the way things were working out for me here in Impact Wrestling, it doesn't take a statistician to see I don't have a win/loss record to be proud of, but quite frankly I wasn't being true to myself and I think that's been effecting my performances.

Jake runs his hand through his long hair to keep it away from his eye line.

Jake Something - The global pandemic gave me some time away from Cody to think, to restock and reevaluate where I am in my career.

Jake shakes his head disapprovingly.

Jake Something - And my overriding thought.....is that Cody Deaner is a loser, I'm sick of carrying his sorry ass around this company and I'm done playing a redneck for a paycheck.

boos.

Jake Something - I've had enough of it, so I hooked up with my union rep and ironed some things out with Impact management. And I know, I know....a Union is a dirty word in wrestling, but there's nothing bad about someone that fights for and protects my best interests. The way I see it, it's the progressive way forward for professional wrestling. And because of him, my terms here at Impact Wrestling have improved. I got new music, I got to use my real name, and I got the promises of more booking opportunities as a singles wrestler.

Jake for the first time since he's been onscreen tonight lets out a smile, even if it isn't the biggest one.

Jake Something - The sky is the limit for me here in this company. I want everything, everything you can possibly think of to achieve in this business, I want it, and tonight was the start of me taking it. I used to be nothing, but now I'm Jake Something.

Jake looks pleased with himself for that closing pun and as he walks away, Impact cuts to a commercial break.

---

TNA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

MOOSE (c) VS RHINO

An all animal affair. These two have battled plenty of times in the last year, mainly because someone thought Spear vs spear was a good tagline, but this time there's stakes involved....somewhat.....with Moose's fake world title on the line. It's a stiff and unrelenting affair, which is about as good as you could hope based on the matches these two have had previously. It's not too dissimilar to the match Moose had with Hernandez at Slammiversary; a good back and forth match which sees both men have their share of offence, but Moose never really looks in trouble of losing. Rhino attempts a gore, but Moose side steps it and comes off the ropes with his own Spear to pick up the win at 9:35. Moose actually won a match fair and square for a change, but his night isn't over.

'I want it all' plays on Impact for the first time since April and there's no signs of lingering fan backlash for her past mistakes as everyone in the arena is on their feet reacting positively to the return of Tessa Blanchard, the Impact Wrestling World Champion. She does her usual poses and winks as she makes her way into the ring with a microphone in her hand. Moose's eyes light up and he puts his TNA World title on his shoulder as he watches her make her entrance.

Tessa Blanchard - Moose, I'm gonna get to you in a minute don't you you worry.

Moose yells, 'that's the world champ to you'

Tessa Blanchard - Guys I am so excited to be back on Impact, it has been like a prison sentence being forced away from this place, being unable to do what I do best and what I love more than anything in the world. I've been chomping at the bit to defend this title and begging Impact management not to strip me of this title - and I've gotta thank Don Callis and Scott D'Amore they've stood firm where other companies probably wouldn't. Perhaps it's showing a belief in myself, but I think it's more about have a belief in this..............the Impact World Championship

Tessa takes the title off from around her waist and raises it in the air proudly.

Tessa Blanchard - I think Impact Wrestling management take pride in what this championship represents and how it should only change hands because of something that happens in this ring, not because of governmental policies on travel restrictions. They know this is the most prestigious championship in the company, and the one....true.....world title

As she slowed down her cadence on those last few words, she shot a glance at Moose who has slumped into the corner of the ring and been signalling with his hand that she's talking too much.

Tessa Blanchard
    - And that brings me on to you Moose, because as frustrating as it has been to stay at home for 4 months in Mexico and miss out on being apart of this company, what has made those 4 months miserable and infuriating is watching you parade around in my spot and claim yourself to be the world champion of the company because you stole the title from archives of a dead promotion. The only way I could release those frustrations was to close my eyes, and picture myself shutting you up with a magnum and doing everyone here a favour by ending this Moose circus.

Crowds are cheering for that while Moose shoots them dirty looks for their disrespect.

Tessa Blanchard - That title is a prop in every sense of the word, it is a relic of yesterday that belongs in a museum or a wrestling Hall of Fame. It has no place in 2020 being 'defended' in matches that aren't even sanctioned to be title matches. This nonsense needs to end and I'm going to be the one to do it. I've had to wait 4 months to be here and I'm not in the mood to wait much longer. So here's what I'm proposing.

Moose yells at her that he's all ears, he's ready to hear her offer.

Tessa Blanchard
    - Seeing as you love booking your own title matches, why can't I do the same for my title. Next week, I'll defend my Impact Wrestling World title...... against you. You don't have to qualify as #1 contender or anything like that, I'm feeling charitable.

Moose says 'alright, alright....I like the sound of that'

Tessa Blanchard - However, if I win, that TNA World title must be returned to wherever it came from and you have to drop this charade of being a World Champion.

Moose this time doesn't say a word and starts walking a little bit inside the ring as he thinks this over.

Tessa Blanchard - There's two choices here Moose. You either keep up this deluded act that you're #1 around here even though the real world champ is back now, or you back yourself and take the gamble that you can beat me and become a world champion in a way that no-one can deny.

Moose has had enough of listening, and asks for a microphone from ring announcer, David Penzer.

Moose - You think you're the only one feeling frustrated, Tessa? I'm on a 7 month undefeated streak here in Impact Wrestling and I can't get no respect for that

Tessa reluctantly has to nod her head in approval at that. By hook or by crook, Moose has gone through the majority of 2020 unbeaten.

Moose - It ain't my fault you weren't here for 4 months, and I'm not gonna apologise for stepping into your spot before someone else did. Nothing personal against you, it's just business.

Moose pauses for a moment and looks at TNA World title that he holds in his left hand.

Moose - I know I've had my fun with this title, and I know people have labelled me a fake champion, but don't get it twisted, I'm as legit as it gets. I'm 6 foot 5, almost 300 pounds of pure muscle and I'm on the roll of my life. I feel like a champion, I look like a champion, I win like a champion. I am a GOD. DAMN. CHAMPION.

Moose emphatically pushes his TNA world title forward in Tessa's direction as he motions with his hands while talking passionately.

Moose - I knew this day was coming, and I always knew what my answer would be if you had the guts to challenge me title for title. So seeing as I'm never going to be respected until I hold your title belt, and seeing as I'm on such a hot streak, and seeing as how there's no way in hell a woman half my size is going to end my streak, I accept your challenge......I'll see you next week.....champ!

Moose raises the TNA World title high above Tessa's head

Tessa Blanchard - In my experience........the bigger they are, the harder they fall. See you next week......Moose.

And with that refusal to call Moose a champ in return, Tessa raises her Impact World title belt as high as she can as Impact goes off the air with an intense staredown between two champions. Tessa Vs Moose, next week on Impact~!

---

Writers notes: First full show in 4 years I think, so a not so welcome return to BTB show formatting! Shoutout to Natty for inspiration on the layout/graphics.

Thanks for all the kind and excited messages about the project. I'm out of practice and haven't been around as much as I should have, but my fondness for the section has stayed with me these last 10 years. The initial aim is to at least reach show 2 so I go one better than my last project.

When I planned this BTB, I just assumed that WWE wouldn't be so low as to release a superstar and then turn it into an angle, so I just planned as if Spud would be a free agent. I was in a race against time to get this show up before this week's NXT episode where Drake might become the interim Cruiserweight champion just so it doesn't look too unrealistic that I'm using him in my thread. I did think of just scrapping his role when I saw he won his tournament matches, but I like what I've got planned for him so he's staying put.

In the meantime before episode 2, I better do some reading and familiarise myself with the section again.
    Last edited by Ed; 06-02-2020 at 12:35 AM.

TUFF

Status

First of all, I’m excited to read your project, Ed. You’re a legend around these parts so I have no doubt in my mind that this is gonna be good. Plus, this is a really good time period to choose from as Impact is truly on the rise.

Drake Mav- I mean, Rockstar Spud! A welcome addition to the roster indeed. After all that Spud has done to remain relevant, I think it’s a great idea to bring him in. The promo he cut was certainly in his voice. What better person to change the entire mood with Sami Callihan. I’m down for a Callihan/Spud feud, bring it on.

Mack is one of my favorites on Impact and Bey has been solid since his debut. The two seem done with Mack going up 2-0 on Bey but if not, sign me up for more of this feud as these guys can really go in the ring.

Celebration for The North? I expect some shenanigans. Probably a new tag team to come and challenge them as well.

Elgin fits the the aggressive style here. Poor Dreamer being stretchered out of the ring. I’m guessing that’s it for Dreamer on any show as he moves to a backstage role maybe? Either way, good characterization here with Elgin taking out someone.

Oooh Chris Hero. I love it. Coining him as the “Wrestling Genius” is brilliant as it fits him so well. Hero is a wrestler you can plug in at any spot on the card so I’d be interested in seeing what title he goes after first.

Jordynne Grace is one of my favorites on Impact. Her getting some new challenges will be good for her. Steelz and Hogan will be solid enough opponents but hopefully down the road you have better challengers for Jordynne. Possibly Kylie Rae vs. Jordynne Grace?

Unfortunately, I’m not familiar with Jake Something and his outside work. I quite liked the Deaners actually but this seems to be an improvement for Jake to be doing his own thing. Can’t help but feel that the tag team division is taking a hit here but I’m sure you’ve planned for that.

Oh my. Really good exchange between Tessa and Moose here. The line Tessa said about the bigger they are, the harder they fall? SO GOOOOD. I expect next week to end in a pinball in their match but that won’t be the end of the feud for this two. This can easily go up to three more PPVs.

Overall, there’s very little that I can complain about. The formatting could be better but what you have going on here is more than good enough. I’m eager to see your plans for the tag team division as there seemed to be an absence of them. Also, I’m guessing there’s gotta be more acquisitions for Impact here. The tag team division needs more teams and you could always add more people to the X-Division. I know you said you’ve been out of touch but man, this was a really good show. Looking forward to the next one.

Tough times don't last, tough people do.

R. I. P. Lionheart

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Thought I'd leave at least a few comments on the first Impact

Fucking YES. I love me some Rockstar Spud, I think people really underestimate how over he was round about 2014-2015, he was great as a snivelling henchman who got his ass beat, but his babyface fire was incredible, so I'm loving seeing him back. Usually I don't like seeing potshots at WWE by people who've just been released, mainly because I feel it's tacky, but with Spud it works because of how fucking shit he was, especially with AOP, at the beginning of his run. Making him piss himself on PPV and all that bollocks. Sami vs Spud should be a great feud, Callihan is a really good bully and Spud is great at getting battered, should be a good time.

Okay, full disclosure, I have no clue who Chris Bey is. Willie Mack is fuckin class though so I'm glad he won.

Thank fuck, I never want to see Tommy Dreamer on TV ever ever EVER again, thank you for killing him. Elgin looks like a monster and if you're using him to destroy all Impact's past it wrestlers, I welcome it with open arms!

Chris Hero package does what it's supposed to do. Can't wait to see him batter everycunt and hold all the belts Kurt Angle-2007 style!

Jordynne Grace is by far one of my favourite wrestlers atm, I think she's awesome so I'm happy she's got the win here. It'll be interesting how you actually handle the Knockouts division actually, with Tessa as champ we could see more women, when they get over enough, go up and challenge for the world title.

First of all, this better not be the end of Cody Deaner damnit! Guy is amazing and I refuse to hear otherwise! Second, Jake Something? Jesus christ that is an awful name. Like, that might be my new worst wrestler name ever. Loving the union bit though, David Starr would approve. That pun at the end though was top notch

Moose beating Rhino was expected, as was Tessa's return to Impact. Loved the exchange between the two, and despite not feeling particularly hot on either of them, they should put on a entertaining match next week.

Overall, damn good show. Only thing I didn't like was Jake Something's name. Everything else though, especially Elgin, I was vibing with, will be reading show 2 my guy

Impact 2014: Re-Branding When It Mattered
    In the BTB Section!

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Lockdown is lifted, and we're back at the iMPACT Zone! Here we go, I'm looking forward to giving this a read.

- I liked the opening. The detail of the crowd still being socially distanced and such was a nice touch. It's good that you didn't just completely gloss over the pandemic and the reminders made it all the better that we're heading back to normallity and a better future for Impact Wrestling once again; Hopefully.

- Spud returning was cool. So, I see the social distancing is still in effect but touching hands with the crowd is okay? Haha! Have a feeling that's an oversight but it's no big deal of course. The promo was really good. I could certainly feel the emotion as I was reading it. Sami interrupting and his cutting words were PERFECT! I loved him calling himself the draw and that people have to got through him to make a name for themselves here on Impact and the way he shot down Spuds legitimacy as a wrestler and his credentials being now more then a class-clown to entertain and provide comedy essentially. The attack was nice too.

- Not too familiar with Chris Bey. The 6-Star Frog Splash gave me a giggle Haha! Sounded like a great opening contest and no better match to open Impact Wrestling with than an X-Division Match. All good with me! Excited to see how you book the X-Division. I have a feeling it will be a major draw.

- Fan of the North. A red hot tag team. Celebration sounds like a great chance for some fuckery or a debut. I'm down for either! :D

- I liked the Elgin dominance. in 2020, we don't need Tommy Dreamer victories, especially over someone that could be a big part of Impact's future but he's got a name to use in stories and putting people over and this worked well for me. The fact the apron power-bomb has now been used to take out Shamrock and now Dreamer is great! Adds danger to Elgin and could totally become his signature if it's not already. Good booking.

- Chris Hero, the Wrestling Genius! I liked this. I feel it maybe could have been shorter and got some the impact but it made Hero shine and look good. Seems like a great capture for Impact Wrestling and hopefully you do him justice dude. I'm sure you will.

- Grace picks up the win, but Hogan turns, Brother! Is this 'Smiley's' debut? It's not, right? Pretty sure she's already at Impact. Not sure now Haha!

- Jake.. Something? Ehh.. Okay. Not sure about this segment. I think it's a wait and see kind of situation.

- So I've only recently become aware of Moose and this 'fake' champion angle. I actually like it Haha! It's creative. Decent match and he picks up the win against Rhino as expect but of course all attention is on the post match situation with the returning.. Champion, Tessa Blanchard. LOL! At Moose yelling.. "That's the World Champ to you" - Great Haha! I really liked how both Moose and Tessa came across in this promo and it's a BIG match made! I'm down!

Overall; I enjoyed this, Ed. I think you've already got some clear directions where you're going with a few things and feuds. Some good returns as well. Nothing I didn't like, one or two things just got to wait and see how it plays out, which is totally fine and how it should be. I'll be here for the second episode and hopefully many more to come. Good job and once again, welcome back! :D

Charismatic Enigma

Status

First show, let's go.

I'm into the return of Rockstar Spud. Even if he stays around WWE, I wouldn't call this unrealistic. Like you said who would have thought WWE would be so low to make an angle out of releasing a superstar... BUT. Spud is a great, underrated underdog that can go over really well. His Hair vs Hair Match with EC3 is probably one of my favorite matches in recent history for the emotion Spud gave alone. And I think someone like Sami is a kind of perfect foil for Spud. Easily the most hated guy there. I thought there was some strong heel dialogue here from Sami and you captured him really well.

I kind of wish Bey and Mack would have went differently. I'm big on both men and don't know if Bey needed another loss even if it was non-title. Sounds like it was competitive though and Bey came out looking pretty strong.

Then you make Elgin look like an absolute beast. I personally think his run has slowed down some initially, so I like taking out guys like Shamrock and Dreamer here. Easy way to gain momentum and heat overall. Not sure what's next but it has an appealing story.

So I'm really excited for Chris Hero. I love his work, think he helped elevate the NXT UK brand a lot. But my one thing is I feel like this promo was pretty babyface with lots of remarks that can come off as a heel? Maybe you wanted that for the intrigue of his debut but the dialogue was just kind of off to me really.

Gonna say here that I like the emphasis on wrestling right now. I think that's so huge to being different from WWE - focus more so on the wrestling. Grace beating Tasha was the right call and it seems Kylie isn't done with her feud there. I like the segment and it seems you're going to use your knockout talent to your advantage. However, I do wish we some more from the ladies of Impact here.

Jack Something, not really familar with him besides as the Cousin Jake character. But I really enjoyed his promo after the match. I think he will be a character to watch here and could be built nicely in this booker.

I don't mind the Moose versus Rhino match either and I think it's funny that these are technically unsanctioned matches. These matches should be hardcore then! But it seems you're going with the real champion story now between Tessa and Moose and I think they can work really well together. Non-wrestling issues aside, Blanchard is such a star on Impact and I hope you chose to keep her around and keep the belt on her. But next week sounds stacked with that match and you did a good job hyping me up for what's to come. Can't wait!
    Now Writing
    WWE 2016: Claim Your Throne

Fight The Power

Status

Nicely done Ed. I look forward to reading more. The Spud/Sami bit intrigued me the most and I'm looking forward to seeing where you go from there.

Black Lives Matter.
    Trans Rights are Human Rights.
    FUCK THE POLICE.

Global Saturation

Status

Review Time!!

Love the opening, and absolutely LOVE the addition of Drake/Rockstar. Like you mentioned, before WWE brought him back, I thought it was a huge loss to them, I hope you have big plans for him, and it reads like you do. Looking forward to this! As many before me have wrote, the highlight of the entire show is the Chris Hero spot. Beyond interested to see where this goes and what is going to happen with the “wrestling genius”
    Not a fan of Tessa myself, but loved seeing the exchange between her and Moose. I can see it being something great despite my not liking of her

The only part, I wasn’t a fan of was the loss of the Deaners.. if that is where it’s going... other than that, fantastic first show, and can’t wait for more!
    It’s a weapon. It’s really powerful, especially against living things.

Puts the extra "p" in Nappa Valley since Day 1.

Shit username since day 1

Status
      Country                    Ireland

So, I think this is a first…

Off the bat, I think you nailed that dynamic between Josh and Callis. I’ve enjoyed most of their work together, though I tend to find there’s a few eye-rolling insider wink-wink barbs between them, which you had here with the discussion of Madison Rayne and Callis not spending his down time watching TV. That’s a hook right there too, because it naturally suggests to expect some new faces.

And right away, there’s one. I don’t fault you for taking the release of Spud at face value. Who would’ve thought the WWE would use such a serious issue and turn it into an angle. But if Spud isn’t here to piss on Pay-Per-View, then I’m out. Nah, in all seriousness, the guy comes across as genuinely likeable, and there’ll be many people – especially in a post-Covid world – that’ll be able to relate to the situation he was in, and isn’t that a pretty big part of being a babyface?

I’ll be honest, I’m no fan of Sami Callihan, and when he won the belt was around the time I stopped paying regular attention to Impact last year. That said, you really got him across as a proper piece of shit, ruining a nice moment for Spud, and he’s an excellent choice to put up against him right off the bat upon his return.

Makes sense for the first match to be an X-Division contest. I’m not familiar with Chris Bey (I don’t think), but Willie Mack is decent, and giving them 14 minutes at least tells the audience that there’s plenty of focus on the in-ring still in Impact. Good to see promotion going into the tag champs appearance next week, and them getting a celebration for a year as champions.

Of course Tommy Dreamer is still around! Elgin putting people on the shelf is a good direction to keep him going in, and something they seemed to be doing at the start of his run with Cage, then sort of dropped the ball on it. He should know that Tommy is like a damn cockroach though; that guy will still be wrestling (in his House of Hardcore t-shirt) when Covid-50 hits the planet.

Ohhhh shit. Hero. Huge pick up.

Is talking about settings on a Bunsen Burner your party trick? Not really a party trick, though, is it? Knowledge? (Had to paraphrase The Office in here somewhere) Do Hogan and Madison still have their pseudo-friends/enemies relationship going on here too? Or has Keira moved on to a partnership with Tasha solely? Grace not even thanking Kylie for the save is something to bank in the memory for later down the road, I’m sure.

That is amazing music for a pro-wrestling entrance theme. I’m not thrilled with the name, and it instantly gave me visions of Just Joe from way back, but I see that’s one of the names he’s actually used and not one you’ve given him. A UNION REP!? Blacklist that man at once. Feels like by breaking him loose from the Deaners, he could be someone you plan on pushing pretty hard, so I’ll be interested in seeing how you develop him.

Moose vs. Rhino. An all animal affair. Mauro, is that you? Lmao. How did they not market that match like that instead of the lame Spear vs. Spear moniker irl?? Solid main event, as I’ve always dug Rhino, so having him in this kind of role to help put a guy over in competitive matches is good for me. Moose winning clean is a good thing too every once in a while.

Getting past my own predilection against inter-gender matches, the actual content of what Tessa said was excellent, and she pretty much eviscerated Moose here for carrying around an old title belt, and the prospect of a champion vs. (kinda)champion feud is pretty mouth watering, imo. Moose’s comeback was great too, and you conveyed his belief in himself, and his reasons for why he calls himself champion. Even though it’s not a legit belt, his belief in himself legitimises it to an extent.

It’s going to be tough for me to believe Tessa going toe to toe with a guy the size of Moose, so I’m at least glad he’s flagging it up, and Tessa’s retort to close on was good too. Pretty surprised the match is happening right away, and not being held off for Bound for Glory, so next week should show what’s up with that. If it was a WWE booked angle, I’d immediately expect a non-finish to set up a rematch, but here? Not so sure.

King EC

Status

I'm definitely into the additions of Spud and Hero. Spud is a great mic worker and his story lends itself to good television. He's someone I can see you having a very thorough plan for and starting off against Callihan, the company's top heel for all intents and purposes, is a great re-introduction. Hero is just great all around. One of the finest workers of this generation of course and a man who knows how to play his role. I believe he'll fit in perfectly with the rest of Impact's top stars, especially Michael Elgin, Eddie Edwards and Willie Mack. There are quite a lot of possibilities there for him.

Love that you've changed Jake into... well... himself. I'm not the Deaners fan that some of these people seem to be. Cody has been around a long time and never made much of a mark, and so far, Jake has been stuck in that same spot. I like switching him to his indie name and giving him this new attitude. Where's his ceiling? Hard to see him being a main eventer but nothing wrong with being a good midcard heel.

I quite liked your use of Elgin, Blanchard and Moose. Elgin is destined to be Impact World Champion. He seems like the logical next in line now that Sami and Tessa have got their runs. Destroying fan favorites and legends while Tessa handled things with Moose is a great use for him. And God do I hope Tessa is gonna beat Moose...

I'm really curious for the next installments. Wondering how you're going to use some of the people not featured on this show. The North deserve nothing but the best, I'm sure you'll do them justice. TJP and Fallah Bahh is interesting. Both bring some great stuff to the table, interested to see if you keep that team together or break them up. Also interested in your booking of Cancel Culture, Eddie Edwards, Kylie Rae and The Desi Hit Squad. Lots of stuff that I'm interested in seeing your spins on.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

Curtain Jerker

Status

This is a really cool concept for a thread, as I haven't seen anyone tackle the current (or future) situation in their threads. Impact is in an interesting place at the moment and I'm excited to see what you continue to put out.

Nice rapport between Josh Mathews and Don Callis. I really like the pairing in real life, so it's nice to see them continue as a commentary team.

Big return here with Rockstar Spud coming out, slapping hands (SOCIAL DISTANCING!). This was a raw, authentic promo from Rockstar Spud and was one of the show's biggest highlights. You can really feel his passion throughout the promo and his "dreaming big" part of the promo was great babyface stuff. Normally, I wouldn't be a fan of the shots fired at WWE, but it works with Spud, especially considering all of the stupid stuff they've had him do.

Okay, so I'm really not a fan of Sami Callihan in real life, but this part of the segment was solid. I love the shoot headbutt, reminiscent of Joe and Angle. It sets up Sami to continue to play the bully, which he plays to perfection.

I haven't seen Chris Bey wrestle before but I've heard good things. Mack is really good though! It's nice to see a TV match get 14 minutes. I wonder who Mack will face for the belt next!

Elgin killing Dreamer is a good use of the veteran. Dreamer lost the vast majority of his big matches in his prime, so in 2020, he's perfect at putting over younger, better wrestlers with gusto. Elgin looks like an absolute killer here.

The Chris Hero promo may have been the highlight of the show for me. Excellent promo that shows off his credentials and success around the world. The Flair line was gold! I love the idea of the Wrestling Genius character and I think you'll have a lot of fun with his character.

I've never seen Tasha Steelz but Grace is great! Nice to see her get a win. Kylie Rae is really talented so I'm looking forward to her vs. Grace in the future.

I'm not familiar with Jake Something at all. I'm not a fan of the name but I really enjoyed his "nothing into Jake Something" line.

Lol at "all animal affair." This match would have been bowling shoe ugly, but the right guy went over here. Tessa coming out after is where business picks up. I really like the fake title storyline and Moose as an illegitimate champion is fun. It felt like the beginning of Tessa's promo sounded similar to Spud's promo, thanking management and whatnot. Very good line from Tessa about Moose's title belonging in a museum. Tbh, I thought Moose outshone Tessa here. Not that Tessa was bad, but Moose was really good. Tessa refusing to call Moose "champ" was a nice way to end the promo.

Overall, this was a fun first show! My highlights were Spud and Hero's promos, but it was consistently booked well throughout and was easy to read. I'll be reading
    WWE 2006: The Thrill of the Race
    Now available in BTB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information