Thread: Tag Team Tournament to Involve Whole Roster

Striving for a B+ in life

Status
      Country                    United States

Tag Team Tournament to Involve Whole Roster

FWA.com:

Following Payback, close to all of the FWA roster will be in a Tag Team Championships tournament, conceptualized, proposed, hosted, and sponsored by The Elite, the reigning champions. The Open Challenge Tournament, according to The Elite, is to prove themselves as not just the best active tag team in the wrestling world, but the best theoretical tag team, no matter the combinations created. The Elite say that The Undisputed Alliance and The Valanders will learn this first hand at Payback. The rest of the roster will learn it in the weeks following.

This is the second ever all-roster, randomized tag team tournament in the FWA's history. It will include the reigning tag team champions, The Elite, along with their Payback title-match challengers, the Undisputed Alliance and The Valanders.

The World Champion, North American co-Champions, and X Champion are all invited to participate. There are no limitations, there are no exclusions.

The tournament will be a randomized event to form unique, unorthodox teams, aside from already-created tag teams such as The Elite, the Undisputed Alliance, and The Valanders. Teams such as Cyrus Truth and Gabrielle, Devin Golden and Michael Garcia, Dave Sullivan and Alyster Black, Nova Diamond and Mike Parr, Krash and Kayden Knox, Gerald Grayson and Michelle von Horrowitz, Kevin Cromwell and Eli Black, all of them are just a few examples of what could emerge.

The winner of the tournament will be the tag team champions. The champs entering the tournament must move through the bracket to the finals just like all other teams.

General manager Lord Vincent will have more details at Payback.

--------------------------------------

OOC: This is a pretty cool idea we thought of, with CK's help, to bring more life to the tag division and possibly make more teams. This angle will subside for a few shows and conclude at the next PPV in the rotation.

If you do not want your character to participate, then let us know either in this thread or privately. I ask for full participation but won't force it. Your character, you do you. But this is a cool concept and could lead to fresh teams or angles for you, or it could lead to a new singles feud/rivalry. Usually, these randomized concepts lead to something unexpectedly, organically cool and memorable.

FWIW, Jason Randall and Orion either won't be in the tournament or will be in kayfabe but written out to prevent the possibility of facing The UA or The Valanders.

This will be a dominant aspect of the FWA for a few weeks and shows, so most if not all singles feuds will either be intertwined with this or ended beforehand (unless two RPers' characters don't participate and fit in a feud).
    Last edited by The Golden One; 05-29-2020 at 06:20 AM.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Re: Tag Team Tournament to Involve Whole Roster

I cant say enough how much I love this idea.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

This idea is very sexy
    Last edited by OMB; 05-28-2020 at 10:45 PM.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    ​Brayden Bridges

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

YES YES YES I LOVE THIS. TAG TEAM WRESTLING. HOOK IT INTO MY VEINS.

I encourage as many people as possible to participate in this with an open mind. Some of my favourite promos have been teaming with someone else, riffing ideas back and forth, and presenting a clash of personalities between two unique characters, forced to stay in the same room without beating the piss out of each other. Give it a whirl, who knows, you might end up liking the idea of writing tag team characters.

Spoiler:

I'm not good at signatures.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

I missed out on this the first time around so I'm happy to see it brought back. Should be all kinds of fun.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

Yeah, this is a great idea and I'm looking forward to it. Writing with AON this week has whet my appetite for more collaboration.

Thread Information