Thread: Top Prospects

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Top Prospects

Of the people on the Impact Roster now, who do you see as the top prospects/future of the company that they can build around?

Obvious people I see are Michael Elgin, Sami Callihan, Moose and Eddie Edwards. But those guys have already built a name for themselves and are really just Impact bulking up their roster with credible people. And honestly, they are all in there mid 30s at least, and I wouldn't call them "the future". I would say Tessa, but I think she's bound for WWE/AEW when her contract eventually runs up.

If you take a closer look though, you can see they've been slowly fostering people like Willie Mack, Rich Swann, The Rascalz, and more recently Ace Austin. Of those people I really believe in Willie Mack and Ace Austin. I also see them taking their time with Fallah Bahh and I honestly think with the right dance partners, he could be a credible World Champ one day.

Thoughts?

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Top Prospects

To add to the names you said, I'll mention Kylie Rae who should end up being the top babyface in the KO division.

It's a shame Rich Swann picked up that injury because he seemed destined to have a big 2020 for Impact after he impressed so much last year.

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

I don't know about Willie Mack. I think he has a good shot because of Impact's product style but just generally speaking, his talking isn't very good. He has a good personality but when he talks, it's jarring, because he's very quiet and somewhat wooden in his delivery. Like I said, due to the nature of Impact's programming, he might be ok, but that is a weakness in his game.

Impact has a lot if awesome prospects though. Ace Austin should definitely be a superstar. Daga has an awesome look and can go in the ring. I don't know if he has the personality to excel yet though. Josh Alexander is a beast. Ethan Page is the more expressive of The North but Josh Alexander has a great menacing look and is a very solid wrestler to boot, so I think he can do great things as a singles star when this team has run its course. Chris Bey is pretty new but he's already carrying himself like a star. Kylie Rae was an excellent coup for Impact, as Ed has mentioned. She was probably the biggest free agent women's wrestler out there so they need to utilize her to her full capabilities. She can pull off an intergender match just as well as Tessa, too, so that should be helpful for her. And then we can't forget Jordynne Grace. Another superb get for Impact.

I'd want to see all these people get considerable momentum behind them. Impact really need to start elevating these people and phasing out the ECW guys, phasing out the Undead Realm shit, and phasing out Ken Shamrock. I'm sure all that stuff has its supporters but they've milked these acts for all they're worth imo and they are taking up precious time from simply superior talents.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

Backyarder

Status
      Country                    England

I concur with the Kylie Rae shout. Her debut match was the first time I’d seen her and I was impressed straight away. She seems really crisp and fluid, more so than a lot of NA women’s wrestlers. Thinking about the AEW women’s division I’m amazed she didn’t end up there. I can’t think of anyone in there who’s looked better than KR in the few matches I’ve seen of her. Good get for Impact.

Ace Austin and The North are the other acts I’d say qualify for this. Austin has a charisma about him and looks good in the ring. He’s definitely got a bright future. I really like the dynamic of The North. The showman aspect of Page and the in ring machine Alexander make for a really enjoyable duo.

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peanutbutter View Post
    Impact really need to start elevating these people and phasing out the ECW guys, phasing out the Undead Realm shit, and phasing out Ken Shamrock. I'm sure all that stuff has its supporters but they've milked these acts for all they're worth imo and they are taking up precious time from simply superior talents.
    You can say that again. These are my biggest problems with their product these days. The Undead Realm stuff is garbage. I would like just straight women wrestling please. And surely, if they need name power to work with their younger guys there are young more capable, even more relevant people out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilo View Post
    I concur with the Kylie Rae shout. Her debut match was the first time I’d seen her and I was impressed straight away. She seems really crisp and fluid, more so than a lot of NA women’s wrestlers. Thinking about the AEW women’s division I’m amazed she didn’t end up there. I can’t think of anyone in there who’s looked better than KR in the few matches I’ve seen of her. Good get for Impact.

Ace Austin and The North are the other acts I’d say qualify for this. Austin has a charisma about him and looks good in the ring. He’s definitely got a bright future. I really like the dynamic of The North. The showman aspect of Page and the in ring machine Alexander make for a really enjoyable duo.
    Yeah as far as the Knockouts go, I really love Kylie Ray. I'm happy with the signing of Tasha Steelz. Rosemary is an easily marketable star to teens if they just cut out the ott stuff.

The North is also a good shout. As others have said, Page lends his personality but Josh Alexander is awesome. I would love to see a proper Alexander/Elgin match built for the Title.

Thread Information