Thread: Which Wrestlers Would You Pick Up?

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Which Wrestlers Would You Pick Up?

I see this topic being discussed in the AEW section so I figured for old times sake when it used to be TNA we would ask this question for why not do it here? So of the recently released folks from WWE, who/if any would you pick up? Alternatively, is there another person on the free market you'd like to see them pick up?

Eric Young and Kurt Angle I would pick up because they have so much footage of both, and a guy like EY could really find himself being recognized as a Hall of Famer and "one of the greats" of Impact. Kurt would just do a "legends contract"/agent. Maybe break him out for one more retirement match since his last one blew.

The Revolt sound like they wanna hop around a bit, including Impact so I figure we will see them come through there at some point. Maybe EC3 is apart of that package.

The Good Brothers would also be cool to see stick around. Maybe they get a third member?

Lio Rush would be an excellent pickup for their already thriving X Division.

Finally, to help out their shallow World Title scene, (along with EY) you can throw Chris Hero in there and the real kicker....Rusev. Rusev is easily the hottest free agent now but to see him go to AEW would be a waste because they already have plenty of stars. Where does he fit in? In Impact, Rusev could really make it his show for a bit.

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Which Wrestlers Would You Pick Up?

I would want The Revival to come through just for the match with The North. That would be a fucking excellent match.

Lio Rush would be amazing for the X Division.

I'd be happy to see EY come back.

Maybe Curt Hawkins can come back for another run as Brian Myers? He'd be a good addition as someone who is recognizable but not someone who is gonna demand a lot of wins and stuff. He'd basically be like a gate keeper type to the upper card, the way I see it.

That's about it. I can't see anyone else I'd want there realistically going to Impact. EC3 would be AMAZING for them but I just get the feeling he's outgrown them or something. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

[Run]

Status
      Country                    England

Eric Young & EC3 are obvious pick ups that would feel important to the company instantly. EY would be an immediate good feud for Moose at the mo.

I'll echo the Lio Rush recommendations. Impact has sorta become a good career rehab place for troubled talent, could be an ideal place for Lio to mature a bit whilst thriving at the top of the X-Division.

I think Rusev would get a betyer chance to run with the ball in Impact that AEW.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    United States

So I agree with most of the comments above, but Impact's main problem for a long time roster wise (obviously changing TV networks, money & ownership issues notwithstanding) was they never really replaced the level of star talent they had after the mass exodus of stars between 2014-2017 (after the GFW debacle). I'm not sure any of the talents that were released and are available can do that but it for sure would be huge step in the right direction and better than anything they currently have. And yes please stop relying on guys like RVD, Johnny Swinger, Rhyno etc. And also as mentioned they need the ability to resign people to longer term extensions get people familiar with names who have stuck around for a while.

Obviously EC3 & EY make tons of sense, and I almost think EY is a shoe in that he goes back just based on him being called out recently by Moose, Sami Callihan and others. EC3 is tough because I'm not sure he wants to go back when his star power would be better used in AEW or elsewhere. I'd also love to see them bring back Mike & Maria, but along the EC3 line starpower would probably be better off in AEW, and they both have some solid connects there.

Rusev is the one that I think needs to be their main priority honestly. If I was in charge he would be my #1. I don't see him being properly utilized elsewhere (AEW), but he would vault to the top of the card and I feel like he is the person they build around. Honestly maybe bring Aiden English along with him.

The person I would prioritize #2 for Impact and would be right behind Rusev is Sarah Logan. Now I'm not quite sure what her status was, there were rumors they would bring her back and obviously her husband is still with WWE, but I mean that's just a talent that was wasted and would be an instant boost to the Knockouts division. I mean a potential Blanchard/Logan matchup is intriguing as hell to me.

Lio Rush is a good shout for the X-Division though that needs a whole proper rebuild anyways, I mean Willie Mack doesn't scream X Division. It's honestly a shame what that division has become.
    And along those lines bring back Drake Maverick, along the lines of EC3 & EY in that it makes sense, but he can also come back to the X-Division and it would make sense and bolster the division.

I'd say The Colons & Curtis Axel could be decent options to pick up as well, though I don't think they matter either way. I just don't see them really making it anywhere else. Hell Impact might be a fresh start someone like Axel needs.

Gallows, Anderson, Ryder, Hawkins, Slater, Rowan, No Way Jose none of those guys screams Impact to me. Some would be valuable pickups (Gallows & Anderson, Ryder) but they're almost shoe ins for other places just due to the connections they have, the rest just don't feel like it would be worth the time.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

So, basically, everyone? That was kind of TNA's problem to begin with; picking up everyone WWE no longer wanted and putting them over the real talent that was already there.

Lio Rush for the X-Division would be a great signing and I think he could definitely follow the Rich Swann blueprint and move up the card and into other Championship hunts in time.

EC3 had a great run with Impact last time, so he would be another good choice and I'd be interested to actually see his arrogance and promo coming up against Tessa. I could totally see EC3 questioning how the rest of the locker room has allowed a women to become World Heavyweight Champion and the fun that could bring.

Revival would be good for any company and I agree a match against the North could be awesome.

[Run]

Status

Bless thinking Bennett and EC3 still have star power after their WWE runs

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Bless thinking Bennett and EC3 still have star power after their WWE runs

You really don't need much star power to stand out or do well in Impact these days, man.

EC3 would do more then fine, I'm sure. Couple of YouTube video's and he's already created a small buzz of excitement.

[Run]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    You really don't need much star power to stand out or do well in Impact these days, man.

EC3 would do more then fine, I'm sure. Couple of YouTube video's and he's already created a small buzz of excitement.
    The comment was more in regards to the line of the two being better suited to AEW due to star power. Neither have a lick of it right now after WWE runs mainly consisting of Main Event appearances.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    The comment was more in regards to the line of the two being better suited to AEW due to star power. Neither have a lick of it right now after WWE runs mainly consisting of Main Event appearances.

Oh my bad dude, didn't see the comment below yours regarding star power and being better suited to AEW.

I kind of agree but really, did Brodie have any star power going into AEW? Not really in my opinion. He was basically a forgotten man until he started asking for his release. Depending on who you are, what you've done before, I don't think it matters that much and I think EC3 will be remembered and likely judged for what he did in Impact previously. WWE, never got a chance.

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Impact View Post
    So I agree with most of the comments above, but Impact's main problem for a long time roster wise (obviously changing TV networks, money & ownership issues notwithstanding) was they never really replaced the level of star talent they had after the mass exodus of stars between 2014-2017 (after the GFW debacle). I'm not sure any of the talents that were released and are available can do that but it for sure would be huge step in the right direction and better than anything they currently have. And yes please stop relying on guys like RVD, Johnny Swinger, Rhyno etc. And also as mentioned they need the ability to resign people to longer term extensions get people familiar with names who have stuck around for a while.

Obviously EC3 & EY make tons of sense, and I almost think EY is a shoe in that he goes back just based on him being called out recently by Moose, Sami Callihan and others. EC3 is tough because I'm not sure he wants to go back when his star power would be better used in AEW or elsewhere. I'd also love to see them bring back Mike & Maria, but along the EC3 line starpower would probably be better off in AEW, and they both have some solid connects there.

Rusev is the one that I think needs to be their main priority honestly. If I was in charge he would be my #1. I don't see him being properly utilized elsewhere (AEW), but he would vault to the top of the card and I feel like he is the person they build around. Honestly maybe bring Aiden English along with him.

The person I would prioritize #2 for Impact and would be right behind Rusev is Sarah Logan. Now I'm not quite sure what her status was, there were rumors they would bring her back and obviously her husband is still with WWE, but I mean that's just a talent that was wasted and would be an instant boost to the Knockouts division. I mean a potential Blanchard/Logan matchup is intriguing as hell to me.

Lio Rush is a good shout for the X-Division though that needs a whole proper rebuild anyways, I mean Willie Mack doesn't scream X Division. It's honestly a shame what that division has become.
    And along those lines bring back Drake Maverick, along the lines of EC3 & EY in that it makes sense, but he can also come back to the X-Division and it would make sense and bolster the division.

I'd say The Colons & Curtis Axel could be decent options to pick up as well, though I don't think they matter either way. I just don't see them really making it anywhere else. Hell Impact might be a fresh start someone like Axel needs.

Gallows, Anderson, Ryder, Hawkins, Slater, Rowan, No Way Jose none of those guys screams Impact to me. Some would be valuable pickups (Gallows & Anderson, Ryder) but they're almost shoe ins for other places just due to the connections they have, the rest just don't feel like it would be worth the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    So, basically, everyone? That was kind of TNA's problem to begin with; picking up everyone WWE no longer wanted and putting them over the real talent that was already there.

Lio Rush for the X-Division would be a great signing and I think he could definitely follow the Rich Swann blueprint and move up the card and into other Championship hunts in time.

EC3 had a great run with Impact last time, so he would be another good choice and I'd be interested to actually see his arrogance and promo coming up against Tessa. I could totally see EC3 questioning how the rest of the locker room has allowed a women to become World Heavyweight Champion and the fun that could bring.

Revival would be good for any company and I agree a match against the North could be awesome.
    If you look at their roster now, they have actually been doing a great job developing "their guys". They really do have a great young roster.

But when you look at their veterans who can give the young guys the rub, they got guys like Tommy Dreamer, Rhyno, Sabu, Ken Shamrock, Joey Ryan, RVD (in this terrible current version of himself) and guys like Johnny Swinger wondering around. There's definitely room for some people who are better and more relevant.

Rusev isn't comparable to Kurt Angle. But he is comparable to Christian Cage. He's something to build on, and some people would definitely tune in to see him that weren't tuning in before.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RobyD View Post
    If you look at their roster now, they have actually been doing a great job developing "their guys". They really do have a great young roster.

But when you look at their veterans who can give the young guys the rub, they got guys like Tommy Dreamer, Rhyno, Sabu, Ken Shamrock, Joey Ryan, RVD (in this terrible current version of himself) and guys like Johnny Swinger wondering around. There's definitely room for some people who are better and more relevant.

Rusev isn't comparable to Kurt Angle. But he is comparable to Christian Cage. He's something to build on, and some people would definitely tune in to see him that weren't tuning in before.
    I don't know if I'd compare Rusev to Christian. I don't think they are comparable in terms of talent, and I think the "Rusev Day" craze isn't at the level that it was. On the other hand, Christian was arguably the most over he'd been with the crowd right before leaving. Christian in 2005 was over as all hell, even as a heel.

I also think Christian was considered a big name so everybody was going crazy for the defection, whereas because Rusev has just been released like everybody else, nobody cares as much where he ends up. It feels like less of a win for TNA and more of a "we're picking up the WWE's sloppy seconds".

Typical of WWE to take one of the best things in TNA (EC3), shit on him until he's nothing and then send him back. Such a Vince move.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Yeah, Christian had been fighting for the WWE Title a month before TNA picked him up, and people were begging for a Cena vs Christian feud. I don't think he's comparable to Rusev at all.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Thread Information