• Low Ki

7 38.89%

Thread: ROUND 3: Christian vs Low Ki

WAKE UP

Status

ROUND 3: Christian vs Low Ki

vs

Re: ROUND 3: Christian vs Low Ki

Sadly, I was hoping to find some obscure TNA match between Cage and Senshi, but apparently the only time these two wrestled was on a random episode of Metal in 2002.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbx3mK91Nqk

Low-Ki had better highs, but Christian was more consistent. It's weird, I had such a tough time deciding between Low-Ki and Dean Malenko, but I'd go with Christian as being better than Malenko. Yet, my immediate instinct is to easily go with Low-Ki here. I think I'll wait a bit to see what the arguments are for both guys before voting.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Did Low Ki ever get great matches out of Randy Orton AND RVD?

I think this is very tough and will fence sit a little here. Ki has higher highs and was pretty consistent. Christian was really consistent and has pretty decent highs.

My instinct is Low Ki because I think Christian had one match (vs Orton at Over the Limit) that I think is comparable quality to Low Ki's best.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

WAKE UP

Status

I don't think I'd agree with Christian being more consistent. Ki nowadays, sure, but Ki throughout the entire 2000s was as consistent as anyone.

I like Christian but this one felt really easy for me. Ki was great for roughly 15 years, only the last half decade or so has he been more 'good' than truly top end. Christian inversely spent most of his career as GOOD and only a few years as GREAT.

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Did Low Ki ever get great matches out of Randy Orton AND RVD?

I think this is very tough and will fence sit a little here. Ki has higher highs and was pretty consistent. Christian was really consistent and has pretty decent highs.

My instinct is Low Ki because I think Christian had one match (vs Orton at Over the Limit) that I think is comparable quality to Low Ki's best.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk
    Low Ki had good matches with wayyyyy worse guys than Orton or RVD. He got good matches out of green Tyler Black, Deranged, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Davey Richards, Tatsuhiro Takaiwa, Sonjay Dutt, and freaking Chuck Taylor. Appreciate you probably may not have seen many of those, but I don't think Christian wins the argument on carrying chumps.

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

I'm going with Ki on longevity.

I think Christian is a nice, good wrestler in his first WWE run, and it's not until he leaves for TNA that I thought we got flashes of greatness, and then his best work comes in the first couple of years back in WWE (2009-2011). As much as I like the dude, you do have to get a bit harsher the deeper we get in the tournament, and there's not that many great years on the clock here to put him over most left in this stage.

Ki was a great wrestler as early as 2002, and even though he had to float around to different companies, he was great wherever he went up until his WWE signing. I'd disagree with Steve about how great he's been in the early 2010s, I don't recall many Ki matches being pimped hard this last decade (I only really saw his Japan work and whenever he popped back into TNA), but he definitely hasn't been bad and has really good matches here and there.

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

It's Christian for me here. I am probably one of the highest guys on Christian, so I won't be surprised or disappointed if Ki takes this because he is great in his own right. My main motivation for giving this one to Christian is consistent greatness or near greatness in whatever role he got put in and isn't as married to one specific style as Low Ki.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I'd disagree with Steve about how great he's been in the early 2010s, I don't recall many Ki matches being pimped hard this last decade (I only really saw his Japan work and whenever he popped back into TNA), but he definitely hasn't been bad and has really good matches here and there.
    I was thinking this too. I remember those NJPW Junior Heavyweight days from 2012 and typically the attitude was that Ki wasn't delivering like people were hoping he would be.

WAKE UP

Status

Maybe my sense of time is off. I remember Ki having some good stuff in early EVOLVE which is like 2012. Ki vs Rey was great which was like 2015 I think. I liked those Ki vs Sami/oVe matches a lot from 2016/2017. Ki vs Fenix. A smattering of other stuff in JAPW and stuff like the tag vs Ringkampf. A definite step down from the 2000s but there's still quality littered around, if a lot more sporadic. Then again I was the high-voter on him in the recent Best of Late 2010s poll.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

I went with Low Ki actually but only by a hair. He was at a high level earlier and was above Christian though they evened out and by around 2010 or so I would probably say Christian was better or at least having more complete in-ring years, but Christian was never as good as Ki early on and Ki is still fine, but pretty unspectacular which is still a graceful aging of someone with his miles whereas Christian has been retired for half a decade. I think peak and longevity both favor Ki though Christian might have more volume if that makes sense. It's not a blowout but I think Ki should have won.

A Ki who wasn't kind of nuts and ruined so many of his own opportunities would have been a #1 contender for this imo.

Thread Information