3 18.75%
  • Cody Vs Archer

4 25.00%
  • Inner Circle Vs Elite and Hardy

9 56.25%
  • Something else

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What main events Double or Nothing?

Main Eventer

Status

Re: What main events Double or Nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    $54.99 on fite here in Canada. I'm sure ppv isn't much different.
    WOW thats insanely expensive. During these times too
    ROH 2003 - end of 2008 = best years of wrestling ever

Ichiban

Status
      Country                    United States

See...my gripe with the US price is that you don't get to keep it. At least on Fite, you own the content you pay for. It gets added to your account, and you can watch it over and over. I have quite a few things in my Fite catalog. But...I can't justify spending 60 bucks on something I'm only watching once. If the shows were available on Fite in the US, I'd probably buy them every time. But, I just can't justify the "rental" fee.

Some of the choices that AEW has made in regards to PPV leave me scratching my head. I feel like they'd do much better and make more money if they made the show available on Fite in every territory, and only charged $35 or $40 for it. They'd probably make a lot more money in the long run if they did that.
    Last edited by LigerKing; 05-22-2020 at 11:52 AM.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Assuming it’s on the provider but yeah, I can’t see many folk paying something like that for an empty arena show even if it does have Billy Gunn and his kid shouting as loud and frequently as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Ichiban

Status

I think this is going to be a worthwhile show...even without a crowd. The spectacle of a big empty football stadium is going to be worth the watch. Especially if they have professional grade fireworks and everything else that normally goes with a stadium show. In fact, this might be AEW's best opportunity to do a show like this...because, we aren't really sure if they could fill a stadium like that under normal circumstances. I think it's going to be a very cool experience. Surreal, even. Also, it's possible that they have friends and family in the seats...just spaced really far apart. They certainly have plenty of room to safely spread people out (if they want to take that route). Personally, I don't think they need to. An empty football stadium is a spectacle in itself. I think they're going to do a lot with drone cameras, and it's going to look really cool. I think it's going to be so cinematic with back and forth drone shots, that you won't even miss the fans.

As for the actual topic of the main event. I originally voted Mox/Brody. Not because I want that to main...but because it is still the world title. I'm honestly torn between that line of thinking, and the obvious alternative, which is the fact that the Stadium Stampede match has a ton of talent and will definitely steal the show...so, it definitely should be that. And, actually...the more that I think about it...closing with the reveal of the new television title would probably be the best thing to do...to make an actual "moment". That might be the most memorable way to close. So...yeah, I guess I'd be happy with whatever. Might be leaning more towards the tv belt, though.
    Last edited by LigerKing; 05-22-2020 at 12:19 PM.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

I forgot about Mike Tyson appearing and votes for the World Title match. I think the TNT Championship match should end the show, so the show finishes with something crazy involving Tyson.

King EC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by LigerKing View Post
    See...my gripe with the US price is that you don't get to keep it. At least on Fite, you own the content you pay for. It gets added to your account, and you can watch it over and over. I have quite a few things in my Fite catalog. But...I can't justify spending 60 bucks on something I'm only watching once. If the shows were available on Fite in the US, I'd probably buy them every time. But, I just can't justify the "rental" fee.

Some of the choices that AEW has made in regards to PPV leave me scratching my head. I feel like they'd do much better and make more money if they made the show available on Fite in every territory, and only charged $35 or $40 for it. They'd probably make a lot more money in the long run if they did that.
    If you buy the show on B/R Live you can watch it as many times as you want.

Or did I misunderstand this post?
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information