• Lance Storm

5 20.83%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WCBNAINWOATT Round 1: Curt Hennig vs Lance Storm

WAKE UP

Status

WCBNAINWOATT Round 1: Curt Hennig vs Lance Storm

Daily Motion
    ERROR: If you can see this, then Dailymotion is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Mr. Perfect vs Ric Flair, RAW 25/1/1993

vs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMHm9tnQOQQ

Lance Storm & Chris Jericho vs The Heavenly Bodies, Night Of Legends

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Re: WCBNAINWOATT Round 1: Curt Hennig vs Lance Storm

Another easy one. Perfect isn't perfect, but he is light years ahead of Storm who I don't rate at all.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Basically what Shock said. Hennig is a tad overrated but Storm isn't on any level where he beats him. Hennig has an awesome AWA run that beats any Storm run. And a three month run where his anti-charisma was a part of his charm doesn't change that.

WAKE UP

Status

Storm sucked in ECW, WCW, WWE and Japan. The only bits I've seen where he was good are matches in SMW like the posted match against the Bods, and even there it's clear the Bods are doing most of the work.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Two of the most overrated wrestlers ever, but Hennig does have some matches I like.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

I really don't think Storm is overrated, especially on WC. His biggest flaw is that he's often lumped in with the likes of Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, Malenko, ect when he's just an above average solid wrestler. I'd compare him to Booker T. He was a really reliable hand when it came to being involved in tag teams. His ECW run produced some gems that doesn't receive much attention. Unfortately, his biggest standout match came against Bryan Danielson, so Storm can't take credit for it.

Hennig has had bigger standout matches, but he also had plenty of periods where he flat out sucked. He often gets credited as being this amazing worker, but I sure haven't seen much of it especially when you ignore the Bret matches since everyone has had good matches with Hart. Consistency goes, Storm blows Hennig away.

World Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

Surprised at the negativity towards Storm here. I think Jim probably summed it quite well when saying he certainly isn't in the league of all time greats, but damn is he an amazingly smooth and consistent performer. I did still vote for Hennig, but it was a close call between the two.

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Can't believe my eyes, how dare you say Hennig is overrated
    I have a plan so cunning......

#ShadeWinsLOL

Indy Talent

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peanutbutter View Post
    Surprised at the negativity towards Storm here. I think Jim probably summed it quite well when saying he certainly isn't in the league of all time greats, but damn is he an amazingly smooth and consistent performer. I did still vote for Hennig, but it was a close call between the two.
    I agreed it was a closer call than people give either credit for. Storm just didn't have anything to sink his teeth into. Voted Mr. Perfect

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I really don't think Storm is overrated, especially on WC. His biggest flaw is that he's often lumped in with the likes of Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, Malenko, ect when he's just an above average solid wrestler. I'd compare him to Booker T. He was a really reliable hand when it came to being involved in tag teams. His ECW run produced some gems that doesn't receive much attention. Unfortately, his biggest standout match came against Bryan Danielson, so Storm can't take credit for it.

Hennig has had bigger standout matches, but he also had plenty of periods where he flat out sucked. He often gets credited as being this amazing worker, but I sure haven't seen much of it especially when you ignore the Bret matches since everyone has had good matches with Hart. Consistency goes, Storm blows Hennig away.
    He's overrated by people who think he's a great technical worker because he had a technical worker gimmick. You couldn't point to a match with Lance Storm showing anything on the mat if you tried. I have trolled through a shit tonne of ECW and WCW in the past looking for hidden gems - Lance Storm never shows anything. Atleast Booker had the Benoit series and some fun stuff in the WWE. I think anyone would struggle to find a Lance Storm ECW or WCW match (or WWE) worth talking about. He'd struggle to make a Top 100 guys under contract in modern WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    He's overrated by people who think he's a great technical worker because he had a technical worker gimmick. You couldn't point to a match with Lance Storm showing anything on the mat if you tried. I have trolled through a shit tonne of ECW and WCW in the past looking for hidden gems - Lance Storm never shows anything. Atleast Booker had the Benoit series and some fun stuff in the WWE. I think anyone would struggle to find a Lance Storm ECW or WCW match (or WWE) worth talking about. He'd struggle to make a Top 100 guys under contract in modern WWE.
    As much as I loved Benoit, the Benoit/Booker series is such an overrated series. There were a few solid 3 star range matches and that's it. Storm vs Jerry Lynn from Anarchy Rulz 1999 was better than anything Booker T did in his WCW career.

WAKE UP

Status

We're going to have to agree to disagree on both counts there Jimbo. I did not think Lynn vs Storm was much good at all.

World Champion

Status

im going to echo Lynn vs Storm. i enjoyed the hell out of those matches. I also really enjoyed Storm vs Candido.

Id pick Henning over Storm though
    Wrestling fans need to give Ring of Honor a chance again.

World Champion

Status

I agree that people cling to that Benoit series too much for Booker... and I love Book and nominated him for this. It's become like a reflex for people to bring it up anytime there's a point to be made about Booker. It was a good series that definitely helped shine a light on Book's skill. But, I think its reputation has kind of exceeded the actual quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peanutbutter View Post
    I agree that people cling to that Benoit series too much for Booker... and I love Book and nominated him for this. It's become like a reflex for people to bring it up anytime there's a point to be made about Booker. It was a good series that definitely helped shine a light on Book's skill. But, I think its reputation has kind of exceeded the actual quality.
    The series as a whole makes zero sense. The pair worked seven (Ultimately eight) matches to determine the #1 contender to the TV Title. Meanwhile, during this huge struggle to earn a title shot, the WCW TV Champion, Fit Finlay, was randomly defending the title against the likes of Mike Enos, Brad Armstrong, Eddie Guerrero, Psychosis, Norman Smiley, and The Renegade. The series stands out as something different and for a lot of fans, it was their introduction to "Best of __ Series" matches. It really sums up how lackluster Booker was in WCW when this just good series is herald as this iconic series for him when it's the only thing of value he did from 1993-1999. Meanwhile, Benoit had a better series of matches in just his previous program with Raven and DDP.

WAKE UP

Status

Nah, some of them were great. Doesn't matter though coz Storm's rightfully getting hammered.

At the end of the day, Booker had some good matches with Chris Benoit. Even Kane did that.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I love that Booker gets more discussion in this thread than he does in his massacre from Rey in his own thread

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I love that Booker gets more discussion in this thread than he does in his massacre from Rey in his own thread
    Lance Storm is boring even to talk about

I'm cool with talking Storm. Besides ironically, Booker T, he was probably the standout wrestler from the WCW portion of the Alliance during the Invasion. While he didn't get a push like Booker, Storm was really consistent and produced a good collection of solid matches on the undercard against the likes of Edge and The Hardy Boyz.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information