Thread: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 29/04/2020

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

AEW Dynamite AEW Dynamite On TNT - 29/04/2020

A stacked additon for AEW Dynamite is scheduled. Two Semi Final bouts for the AEW TNT Title Tournament. Firstly, Dustin Rhodes takes of the unbeaten Lance Archer who has been on a roll since making his inital debut. Will Dustin be able use his experience to counter the raw power Archer posseses? Secondly, Darby Allin and Cody are set to battle one v one once again. After their previous encounter at Homecoming set the score between the two at 1-0, who will come out as the winner this time? Brodie Lee, leader of the Dark Order, is set to wrestle once again on AEW Dynamite, this time his opponent will be Marko Stunt. Also on the cards for tonight, the Best Friends (Chuck Taylor & Trent) are set to take on Jimmy Havoc & Kip Sabian in a match where Disqualifications and Count Outs will not be permitted.

Last edited by MC 16; 04-29-2020 at 02:15 PM.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Re: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 29/04/2020

I’ll definitely check out Cody/Darby, but the amount I’m skipping on these empty arena shows is growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

They haven't been anything special tbh. But the semi final matches both look really promising, so I expect a higher quality show than usual.

Classically trained

Status

I've actually found it easier to watch AEW without fans than it is is to watch WWE. Probably has to do with WWE being more of a spectacle, but I find myself watching more and more of AEW each week, and haven't watched WWE since Mania.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Ok I'm gonna have to watch some empty arena wrestling this week if Cody/Darby III is going down. Cody won't have Arn helping him out this time.

I know Cody is gonna win, because Cody Vs Archer was set up a month ago, but how fucking awesome does Archer Vs Darby sound? They have to do that match at some point.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Ok I'm gonna have to watch some empty arena wrestling this week if Cody/Darby III is going down. Cody won't have Arn helping him out this time.

I know Cody is gonna win, because Cody Vs Archer was set up a month ago, but how fucking awesome does Archer Vs Darby sound? They have to do that match at some point.
    I'm hoping it's a swerve to avoid the predictable final and Darby upsets Cody. It only adds fuel to Jake saying Cody's ducking them and he's a coward who took a dive to avoid facing Archer.

You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

I found the Manitoba Melee to be one of the most enjoyable skits of the year. It was so stupid, but just absolutely hilarious

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

That finish of Cody/Darby was so dumb. And are they actually trying to heel Cody for some reason? Between the Brandi thing and the main event sending Dustin to his bloody death I didn't think highly of that.

On the other hand, both the Manitoba segment and Britt's segment were very entertaining. I didn't think much of the show from an in-ring standpoint but I can't say I wasn't entertained and the squash segments accomplished good things.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

Man, Brandi's acting when coming back from the "injury" to give Cody the water bottle...

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Just watched Cody/Darby. Weakest of their three matches together for sure. the nuts and bolts of the match were good, but the key spots were dumb and I'll even throw in Cody doing the coffin drop just came off as silly to me - why is he taking such a dumb risk when that's not in his character at all? Cody with another one of his classic can't tell if he's supposed to be babyface or heel performances. I don't know what those Brandi spots were supposed to be about, but they did not add to the match at all, if Cody's gonna win, just have him win clean because his next opponent is Lance Archer and I see no way Cody can win that match if this is the cheap way he has to win against Darby.

If Brandi HAS to be a big part of this match, have her give Cody some advice that backfires or her getting hit by Darby ends up distraction Cody and he loses. Then you can turn it into a storyline where there's friction between Arn and Brandi and Cody slowly realises that having two managers is too many and he needs to make a choice.
    Last edited by Ed; 05-03-2020 at 07:53 PM.

Status
      Country                    United States

I’m meh on Cody beating Darby the way he did. Lance has to win at this point.

The BFs Kip/Havoc match was way more entertaining than it should have been. As soon as it started, I predicted an awful waffle on a chair and I was not disappointed.

Backyarder

Status

Agreed on the Best Friends/Kip & Havoc tag, I thought that was the most entertaining match on the show and I was not expecting that! I did like all the other matches as well (maybe not the Spears match actually). I would think Archer wins the belt, a loss this early into his run could derail his momentum somewhat.

I’m really enjoying the skits they’re producing at the moment, and this show was no different. The Britt Baker segment and the Manitoba Melee being my personal favourites this week.

Status
      Country                    United States

Britt has easily become my favorite woman in AEW. Her turning heel was the best possible thing. She has been consistently funny and entertaining. I loved her segment.

Thread Information