Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shade reviews The Ultimate Fighter!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    England

Shade reviews The Ultimate Fighter!

Oh Lord help me with this one haha!

I know it has been a while since I've contributed to this section but this has been something I've been wanting to do for a while now I'm not going to lie. Even before everything that has been going on with the world. I have been an MMA fan for many years now and in that time I have seen the sport grow and as we have heard countlessly one of the main reasons for this growth has been due to the Ultimate Fighter. So in this thread I am going to watch each season episode by episode which in some cases as we know will be a lot of fun while in others I'm going to be needing a lot of booze myself to get through haha. I won't be going in order with this as truthfully while I have the first 15 seasons on DVD. I caved and watched a few which worked recently only to find others didn't. Thankfully I have fight pass so I've got the means to check them all out. What I'm gonna try and do with this as well. Is just not only watch it with a fresh perspective but talk about who impressed me, who didn't, who if I was watching it for the first time I'd have picked to win and if I was in that situation whose team would I rather be on. I hope you guys enjoy this journey with me.. So let's get it on!

Upcoming Reviews
    TUF Smashes
    TUF 17
    TUF 18
    Last edited by Shade; 05-12-2020 at 06:45 PM.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: Shade reviews The Ultimate Fighter!

Is this going to be episode by episode or more of a season by season breakdown postwise?

Down to contribute of course. TUF 1 was so good.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    Is this going to be episode by episode or more of a season by season breakdown postwise?

Down to contribute of course. TUF 1 was so good.
    I'm going to just do a bulk post on the season overall one at a time. Might change the format up as it goes but definitely seems to be easier especially when it comes to the more disappointing seasons.

Heel Champion

Status

Shade's TUF Reviews #1

Team Penn vs Team Pulver

So straight up this is probably my favorite season of the Ultimate Fighter and for me one of if not it's best season. I would honestly say for most part that I feel some of The Ultimate Fighter's Strongest seasons have been when they have introduced new weight classes. Looking back at this season it was really fun to see just how many well known fighters had come from this. I'd say going in especially at the time everyone expected BJ Penn to be this amazing coach as he was one of the best fighters in the world and is definitely one of the greatest of all time in that weight class. Jens meanwhile was being written off from the beginning which was shown by BJ's epic move of asking who wants to be with him and who wants fuck all to do with Pulver . The truth was however over the course of the season that Jens' was in fact the better coach overall. The more I watched the show while I found BJ at times entertaining. I thought to myself if I was there, one hundred percent I would want to be on Jen's team. Because he was a great coach who truly supported his fighters. If you want proof of that one moment in particular which stood out to me was his dogged defense that Manny Gamburyan was one of the best fighters on the show despite both BJ and Dana writing him off. Now personally I've never been impressed with Manny and in truth I'd still class Nate, Lauzon, Gray and possibly Matt Wiman as being above him despite Manny beating two of that list on the show.

Onto the fighters brought in this season. I think as we've seen in a lot of seasons there was a huge skill difference between the very best of the bunch which was definitely a young Nate Diaz and the worst who in my eyes would be a very overmatched pro wrestler turned MMA fighter Wayne Weems. I'd go as far to say that if Rob Emerson wasn't losing in the opening round as he fought twice, that the fight was very much a mismatch. Because we'd see Manny, Joe, Wiman, Gray and Cole Miller all have an easy time in defeating their opponents while to his credit Rob Emerson who I have found to be quite an under appreciated fighter. Emerson fought twice first having quite a fun back and forth scrap with Nate Diaz. Before he'd lose quite a close bout to Corey Hill which I having rewatched the fight honestly felt that Emerson should have been the one to get his hand raised. On this note I have to say that I found myself rooting quite a lot for Corey Hill. While at first it was easy to just see him as some erratic over the top individual barking at people. When you learn that he's lied and got on this show without having a pro fight and how he's a family man who knows none of the famous fighters brought into coach him haha. It's such a shame knowing that a horrific injury would be on the horizon for his career and sadly he'd die only a few years ago. Because honestly with his size it genuinely seemed like he had potential.

So you'll notice until now I've refrained from mentioning two of the more notorious cast mates from this season. The first of which was of course Gabe Ruediger and on paper Gabe had to be a contender in this tournament. While I don't think he'd have made the finals if you was to rank all 16 guys who made it this season. He for me personally would have been in the top 6 skill wise. Unfortunately or rather fortunately for us viewers Gabe wasn't on this show to fight. Instead he was on the show to get infamy and to his credit he did that. His greatest opponent was the scale and his weight cut at least we thought until we'd see him not stopping eating. Hands down one of the funniest ultimate fighter moments is him laying face down naked by the pool while BJ Penn and others basically gave up and just began laughing about him. While it's a shame that someone else more serious about the competition could have had that place. The truth was it was fantastic viewing. The other mention goes to the warrior Andy Wang. So this is the beauty of me rewatching this now compared to back when it first aired. Is back than young me hadn't coached anyone to fight so I actually sympathised and felt bad for Andy. Now however I have a different perspective having had my own ups and downs with students. End of the day Wang was a skilled grappler and if he was in a situation similar to Demian Maia against Anderson Silva. Where he couldn't get his opponent down and was forced to stand with him, I'd sympathise fully with him. But Wang didn't even try and he chose to brawl with Brandon Melendez who by no means was a lightweight. In fact we'd see numerous times Melendez was a welterweight draining himself to make weight and Wang didn't try once to take him down.

While BJ kicking him off his team come off out of nowhere. I can totally understand where he was coming from and yet again we see a case of Jens caring about his guys because while he was in his right to make a decision on his own back. He instead chose to ask his team their thoughts on taking a 9th guy despite Wang again making a dick of himself by not wanting this second chance. Overall you could see Jen's again was the better coach and that his team just worked together well. Whereas BJ's team didn't really seem to click that well which was commented on throughout. Wasn't surprised in the end to see Nate Diaz make it to the finals as honestly I'd say that he and Joe Lauzon were the two favorites to win this show. How we've never got to see that fight I don't know. Shame is we won't see that fight now with their trajectories and Joe potentially retiring. Despite that this was a great season and definitely one I'd recommend for MMA fans who have not watched it to check out.

Who I'd have picked to win on first watch - Joe Lauzon and Nate Diaz were the top two guys in this season at the time and it showed. So having watched it I definitely would have selected either one of them while keeping Gray Maynard as an outsider purely thanks to his wrestling.

Best Fight - Rob Emerson vs Nate Diaz. This was a fun fight and honestly I think as I said before Emerson is quite under appreciated. While Diaz was handily winning Rob showed a ton of heart in scrapping with him the way he did.

Honorable Best Fight - Noah Thomas vs Marlon Sims. The fight they should have redone at the finals and in the later seasons you know they would have. I know this might be a controversial opinion but this for me was the moment of the show. For the record I do also agree with Dana's decision about punishing Berube. While these two had got to that point of throwing down, he did massively instigate and encourage that fight.

Who I saw potential in -

Corey Hill: So I'm not going to be mentioning individuals here who we know obviously become top fighters. Instead I'm going with 2 individuals the first of which was Corey Hill. While inexperienced Corey with his size alone was a problem and his fight with Nate Diaz was very close given the lack of experience.

Cole Miller: Obviously he had a solid UFC career but something has to be said for Cole's Ultimate Fighter run. He got a nice finish over Alan Berube in the opening round to set the ball rolling for Team Pulver. But it was in defeat against Joe Lauzon that he stood out. Because until he took an unfortunate illegal blow to the back of the head. I'd go as far to say that Cole was winning that fight.

Best Team - Team Pulver. This one wasn't even close. Jen's was a great coach who did his best for his fighters and it showed.

Who I despised -

Andy Wang: Like I said the first time I watched this I sympathised with Wang. On the rewatched I really didn't. He totally gave that fight away after promising his coaches he'd listen. But at least he is a warrior right?

Karo Parisyan: Man he wasn't on the show but in his one appearance Karo come off like an absolute prick. While he was there to support Manny and that's fair enough it was his treatment of Nate which didn't put him in the best of lights. He really thought he could clown Nate and that Nate wouldn't react. He really didn't look good in that moment.

Thoughts overall - A great season through and through with some tremendous talent involved. Plus some of the house drama was very entertaining to watch. This is a season I'd recommend.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Love this thread already, Shade. This is awesome. First recap is definitely a nice reminder of how STACKED this season of TUF was. Gabe lying naked is easily one of the best moments in TUF history, stoked it got a mention.

Looking forward to seeing more of this, great stuff.

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Stojy View Post
    Love this thread already, Shade. This is awesome. First recap is definitely a nice reminder of how STACKED this season of TUF was. Gabe lying naked is easily one of the best moments in TUF history, stoked it got a mention.

Looking forward to seeing more of this, great stuff.
    Cheers Stojy mate. Glad you enjoyed the review. Season 5 definitely did have a stacked talent roster which I do find with those seasons of tuf in which they introduce new weight classes. Gabe was insanely watchable throughout his episodes and honestly it made for great television haha. Hoping to get my next review up today actually as I'm not gonna lie I basically binged watched seasons 5, 3, 2, 6, 7 and 14 on DVD before using fight pass to go with 13, 12, 8 and 9 so far. So unless something pressing comes up those will be the order for now.
    Last edited by Shade; 04-21-2020 at 09:30 AM.

Heel Champion

Status

Shade reviews the Ultimate Fighter

The Ultimate Fighter Season 3

Onto my second review and I think it is safe to say that the third season made for a stark contrast to the two that happened before it. As this season marked the first time we truly had a beef between the coaches Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock. Now similar to what I said with season 5, I think it's fun looking back knowing that everyone had high expectations for one coach and not the other. Yet in reality they couldn't be more wrong. Because yes while Tito Ortiz as we all know can be arrogant and definitely full of himself. Damned if he didn't make for quite the excellent coach on this season. Again shown to be giving to his fighters but also working them non stop to push their cardio. Tito was a pleasant surprise in that regard whereas Ken Shamrock was a major disappointment. Which is a shame for me to say as I really like Ken Shamrock. I liked him in the WWF and for most part I liked him in MMA. Yet for whatever reason Tito Ortiz was really able to bring the worst out in him which we'd see over the course of this season. I don't know if it was down to being competitive or whatever but it seemed the only good thing Ken was able to do on this season was win the coaches' challenge.

With the talent as well this was the first time the ultimate fighter had gone international with a few guys as they brought in both Michael Bisping and Ross Pointon. Bisping you could tell pretty early was the cream of the crop from his weight class this season. He destroyed both of his opponents on the show and honestly it would have been fascinating to see how the final would have gone it Matt Hammill didn't get hurt. Speaking of Matt Hammill now he did get some ill feeling towards him for a lot of the season. Part of it definitely was down to him not really being able to communicate with the boys and very much being childish. The other part was that Matt was cocky and overaggressive. For the record I personally felt that a lot of the hate directed to Matt come from the fact that Tito really wanted him to do well and really tried to build him up. Because in a competitive background like this you begin to question why is he getting that and not me. I want to give special mention here to Ross Pointon actually because while yes Ross did come off a little stubborn. I couldn't help but root for the guy just a little bit. He was undersized massively for both weight classes really and yet he didn't back down from fighting the tallest in the weight Kendall Grove or going up a weight to rematch Bisping who'd battered him previously. He might not have been a good fighter but you have to respect that this man was a pure fighter with the heart of a lion.

Someone who lacked that heart was clearly Noah Inhofer. As I gave key focus to the likes of Gabe and Wang in the last review I couldn't not ignore Noah in this season. The truth is he showed some potential as he did beat Ken's top pick at 205 Jesse Forbes. Not that this mattered because Noah threw everything away because his girlfriend of 3 months thought he'd cheated on her. One of the best moments of this season was everyone's reaction to the fact that this wasn't what he built it up to be. At first by his reaction to the news you'd think oh shit did someone die or get hurt. But no instead he was throwing his dreams away for a girl he didn't really know. Brilliantly though as we'd find out from the where are they now he ended up marrying her and staying with her Clearly knew something we all didn't haha. As for the Middleweights this season I think it'd be safe to say that the top 4 guys all made it to the semi finals and that was Ed Herman, Kendall Grove, Kalib Starnes and Rory Singer. You could just see by the way they won their opening fights these 4 were the better field. It was also in the semi finals that I really found myself questioning how bad a move Tito made not picking Ed Herman. It was actually a small arc throughout about why he didn't pick him and how he should have done. Potentially with Tito behind him, Ed could have been the winner. I'll also add here that Kendall stood out quite a lot as well with his size and I think Dana said it that Kalib Starnes with his name at the time and record. Wasn't used to being called out and having someone go for him like Kendall did. This is why he definitely quit that fight as honestly mentally it seemed Kendall had beat him.

Winding this review down a little extra mention has to go to the Rory is gay saga. This was a fun escalating prank which went from Rory who was easy to dislike thanks to his preachy, complaining ways would find Rory is gay written everywhere. He wrongly assumed it was the other time and wrote insults on Jesse and Ed's stuff while also wiping his ass with Ed's glove In return Ed wound up pissing on Rory's headguard which made it all the more brilliant when we learned it was in fact Kendall haha Overall it wasn't a stand out quality season. But it was no means horrible and honestly the Tito/Ken banter is definitely worth a watch.

Who I'd have picked to win

Michael Bisping: OK I know it's cliche to say I'd have picked the winner. But honestly if you look at the cast on the Light Heavyweight portion. Especially as the fights went on you knew it was a two horse race between Matt Hammill and Michael Bisping. The difference of course being that when Matt finally fought he had to pull out. A shame that fight wasn't the rightful final but regardless the right guy won here.

Ed Herman: honestly for most of the season until the Kalib/Kendall fight. Ed Herman comes off as the top dog of 185. Good all around and comes from a great gym under randy couture. Herman very much was saddled with a bad team I'm afraid and I do question what improvements he could have made on Team Ortiz. All respect to him though for still going to this day. He might not be a standout fighter by any means but he's done well for himself longevity wise.

Best Fight

Kendall Grove vs Kalib Starnes: It was hard for me really to pick a best fight overall but the reason I went with Kalib Starnes and Kendall Grove was partly the surprise factor. You had the unbeaten top dog of Ken Shamrock's team taking on the scrappy Hawaiian and Kendall took it to him. It was a back and forth bout and really cemented Kendall's place as a finalist by making an on paper favorite quit.

Who I saw potential in

Matt Hammill: I mean it was hard not to see something in Matt on the show. What he lacked in experience for MMA he made up for in brute strength and wrestling ability. I don't know if it was injuries or ego which made him stand and trade with Mike Nickels for 2 rounds. But even with the most unrefined sloppy stand up he tooled up Nickels. Shame he didn't get another fight in the tournament.

Honorary Mention

Ross Pointon: So not so much a case of who I saw potential in but someone who honestly deserves respect. What he lacked in skills he more than made up for in heart. Pointon was a tough slugger who gave up size to everyone but he wouldn't back down from a fight even going up a weight to fight Bisping when no one else would. To that I tip my hat to him. He lived up to his nickname the Gladiator.

Best Team

Team Ortiz - By a country mile if you was competing on this season you wanted to be on Tito's team. The training was intense and hard but at least you was actually training. As opposed to Shamrock taking his boys golfing or making them just watch old fights.

Who I despised or was meh on

Ken Shamrock: This is hard to say as honestly I really like Ken and respect him for all he has done. Same time this season really painted him in a bad light. His coaching seemed out dated and honestly he was past his best at this point. Not a good look for him at all.

Rory Singer: I wouldn't really say despised but more steadily went off as the show went on was Rory. Like he just constantly seemed to be complaining or bitchingand going on about things. Plus to say you weren't a trash talker only to start wiping people's stuff in your ass.. That's a pretty big leap.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Will try to keep up.

---

I liked TUF 5 alot myself - alot of characters in there and guys who went on to become early staples in the Lightweight division as it grew into the exciting division we know it as today. These are my thoughts based on my initial watch - I haven't rewatched.

I fucking loved the drama in this season - especially Nate going batshit at almost any perceived slight. Dude was ready to throw hands and knock blocks off because of some graffiti lmao. I personally think Emerson's a massive douche but certainly an entertaining fighter at times.

BJ Penn has never particularly struck me as someone who has the attitude or attributes of a good coach. A fantastic fighter when motivated but he's shown that he lacks discipline.

Gabe was comical. An absolute disasterpiece. Coming into the house 20lbs over is unbelievable when you're going to be fighting a lot in such short notice. Andy Wang too. They're funny in a laugh at THEM way imo.

I always found it extremely weird that Lauzon had beaten Pulver prior to this.

A decent season to go back and watch and definitely up there. Not my favourite but one I enjoyed alot. Season 3 was another so I'm glad you did that next. Thoughts on that in a bit.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    Will try to keep up.

---

I liked TUF 5 alot myself - alot of characters in there and guys who went on to become early staples in the Lightweight division as it grew into the exciting division we know it as today. These are my thoughts based on my initial watch - I haven't rewatched.

I fucking loved the drama in this season - especially Nate going batshit at almost any perceived slight. Dude was ready to throw hands and knock blocks off because of some graffiti lmao. I personally think Emerson's a massive douche but certainly an entertaining fighter at times.

BJ Penn has never particularly struck me as someone who has the attitude or attributes of a good coach. A fantastic fighter when motivated but he's shown that he lacks discipline.

Gabe was comical. An absolute disasterpiece. Coming into the house 20lbs over is unbelievable when you're going to be fighting a lot in such short notice. Andy Wang too. They're funny in a laugh at THEM way imo.

I always found it extremely weird that Lauzon had beaten Pulver prior to this.

A decent season to go back and watch and definitely up there. Not my favourite but one I enjoyed alot. Season 3 was another so I'm glad you did that next. Thoughts on that in a bit.
    Totally agreed with what you had to say there about TUF 5. This season had a great bunch of personalities especially when compared to others and I mean it gave us Nate Diaz, Joe Lauzon, Gray Maynard, Manny Gamburyan, Cole Miller and Matt Wiman. All of whom at one time or another were credible UFC fighters. I think the great thing about Nate Diaz and what I've liked to this day is that he's never changed. He might have grown a little more wise to the game but he is still the same kid from Stockton. His prank war with Cole was something I didn't mention but that was also hilarious viewing. See I agree with you there about Emerson. At times he did come off as a cocky party boy. But I mean in hindsight the guy is now competing at Bantamweight I believe and he fought his heart out in that house. So I guess we have to take the good with the bad.

BJ yeah he's just not a good coach. In hindsight I wish he took the approach of others and brought in a bunch of coaches and acted as a training partner. Because I do feel like as a dedicated training partner he could have been quite good. Unfortunately he was more concerned about surfing and things like that as opposed to Jens who genuinely wanted his boys to do well. Gabe stole the show man haha. Like honestly I can't say enough about how entertaining it was haha. Truthfully for a dare I say below average fighter, that got his name out there a lot more than anything else he's done in his career. He even started training Paris Hilton after haha. Oh dude Lauzon/Pulver was a weird deal. Like they did reference it more in the DVD extras than on the show which surprised me. What's crazy is no one mentioned how Pulver had also fought and beat Emerson by decision. In hindsight I think they should have gone in on that a little more. You'll defo have to give me your thoughts on 3 man. Because while it's not the best of seasons. It is definitely a lot of fun viewing

Heel Champion

Status

Shade's Ultimate Fighter Reviews

Team Franklin vs Team Hughes

The season which made me hate Matt Hughes. Just had to get that comment out the way before I begin with my recap of season 2. Now season 2 was quite interesting because you had Heavyweights and Welterweights being featured and unlike my past two reviews you clearly had 2 very good and capable coaches. On one side you had the very classy and well spoken Rich Franklin who I think apart from a little blip on season 4 (I'll address this when the time comes haha) I've personally never seen anything bad with or said about. While on the other side you had Matt Hughes. Right from the off you can see a difference between both men and their coaching styles. Because Rich for his part was quite chill and laid back with his guys. While he worked them hard he wasn't afraid to joke with his guys and genuinely support them. Matt on the other hand was a fucking tyrant. Like don't get me wrong it's good when you train hard but all we ever saw really was him working his guys to the brink and then in confessionals he'd blast some of his own fighters for being hurt. The more I watched of this season honestly the more I disliked the man. In fact I'd say my dislike of him led to me disliking his top heavyweight Mike Whitehead because he was basically teachers pet. But Mike Whitehead is a sex offender in real life so fuck that guy anyway.

I found this season had quite an interesting cast but honestly again Matt Hughes threw a huge spanner in the works early on. The first couple of episodes were a shambles as the show lost 3 cast members from the off with Eli and Kenny quitting out. Eli for his part come off like a massive pussy chatting it big on day one than quitting on day 2. Whereas Kenny absolutely broke during his weight cut and honestly was acting an idiot. This lead to a great Dana speech were he called all the guys out and told them to sort their shit out. Of course you did have to feel bad for Kerry the 3rd to leave as he basically blew his knee out in practice which makes it all the more sadder when at the finale Keith Jardine wisely leg kicked the shit out of him until he could fight no more. What's crazy is looking back is how Rashad Evans fared in this season. The smallest guy at Heavyweight by a fair amount Rashad's style here and very much for most of his early UFC run was at times uninspired. Same time it was effective and the results were there with him knocking off Tom Murphy, Keith Jardine and Mike Whitehead throughout the tournament with Dana even admitting Rashad impressed him and that he'd beat the two favorites to win. Of course this further adds to Matt's hipocracy as while he blasted Rashad for showboating during his fight. He was totally fine with his own fighter Joe Stevenson showboating during competitions.

Although I will give Matt some credit here for Rashad's final fight he had to corner him and perhaps someone had said something. But Matt did all he could to help Rashad and honestly the pair worked quite well together in putting together a way to beat Keith Jardine. It does make you wonder how the pair would have done on the same team especially with the way Rashad absolutely broke and humbled Mike Whitehead during their fight. While for most part the Heavyweights didn't really stand out apart from this. The welterweights were a different story. Hands down the top guy was Joe Stevenson. He was one of those guys who probably should never have been on the show and just brought in straight away. He was clearly a level above everyone as shown by the way he destroyed Marcus Davis early on. I have to say that fight is up there as one of the worst Tuf Match Makings I have ever seen. Why Marcus wanted that fight I do not know. Jorge Gurgel also stood out as the top guy on team Franklin but as we all know with Jorge he is basically the original Andy Wang. A ground guy who instead elects to stand and bang. I will say though his fight with Jason Von Flue was amazing but also marred again by the horrific treatment by Matt Hughes on one of his fighters. Another questionable decision by Matt was Josh Burkman/Melvin Guillard as an opening round fight. Now on paper alone at one time that was a UFC fight night co-main event. You knew it was going to be a battle and true to it's billing both guys suffered bad injuries which would have effectively removed them both from the tournament regardless who won.

So I've waited until here to talk about perhaps my favorite personality on this season Luke Cummo. Luke made an immediate impression by pulling his bed on the ground to have it face north and with the epic unibrow. As time went on however you'd see that this wasn't an act Luke was truly dedicated to his craft with a very weird diet. Yet in the cage the quiet kid became a ruthless striker as he picked up a nasty KO to make it to the finals which was all the more impressive as he was the last pick. Special credit also has to go to how the overly focused and health concious fighter immediately goes on a massive junk food binge the second he wins haha. That's a guy who knows how to celebrate. So yeah this was a good if unspectacular season and in closing I'd like to say I really don't like Matt Hughes.

Joe Stevenson - The most talented guy at Welterweight by far. Honestly it was tough to pick anyone who'd even come close to having a chance and while some may have given him more than expected. Joe was the standout.

Mike Whitehead - I didn't like him but Mike was one of the true actual Heavyweights on that season with a good wrestling background and some good power. He too me was the favorite to win until Rashad broke him spectacularly

Fight of the season

Jorge Gurgel vs Jason Von Flue - This was a fucking battle. Like a true war of attrition. While Gurgel has rightly earned criticism from not taking his fights to the ground. I have no complaints here as he fought his heart out against a game Jason. What makes this sad is despite his impressive showing Jason was still treated like shit by Matt Hughes.

Who I saw potential in

Seth Petruzelli - The man who killed Elite XC. Now I know that Seth has always been a journeyman I guess when it comes to MMA. But I've always been a fan of his and even though clearly he's not a heavyweight. He brought a very unorthodox style to the show here which got him to the semi finals.

Jason Von Flue - Was Jason a little cocky at points or quirky. Yeah of course he was. But honestly I couldn't help but root for him. Matt treated him horrifically even after he knocked off one of Franklin's best fighters and then when he got matched with Joe. He gave him a scrap until it went to the ground. Similar to Emmerson, he was consistently entertaining.

Best Team

Team Franklin - Both teams had positives and detriments but honestly it come down to. If I was in one of those fighters shoes where would I be comfortable and the answer honestly is Team Franklin. At least Rich seemed to want the best for everyone on his team.

Who I despised

Matt Hughes - I can't honestly say enough about how bad he come off. He just seemed like a dick and a bully with the way he treated some of the guys. It's frustrating because for an arguable legend of the sport. I'm just like I want to respect his accomplishments but I always end up citing how big of a dick he is

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

All I'm picturing here is GSP telling Matt Hughes that he was not impressed with his performance...

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Stojy View Post
    All I'm picturing here is GSP telling Matt Hughes that he was not impressed with his performance...
    You hit the nail on the head there my friend. I really wasn't impressed and I know I've got more to come of him which I'm dreading haha.

Heel Champion

Status

Shade Reviews the ultimate fighter

Team Serra vs Team Hughes

Will Matt Hughes redeem himself to me? Not really. I've always found season 6 to low key be an under rated season TBH. While perhaps it didn't produce talent that really lasted or made a dent in the UFC. When compared to the previous five seasons. However I've always found this season to be quite entertaining with some fun fights throughout and some compelling personalities. The coaches had quite a fun rivalry and while I think in the run up a lot of people expected to hate Matt Serra. It was hard not argue that he not only come off as a brilliant coach but also an entertaining personality. One thing I'm going to get out the way as well. Is barring a few noted exceptions, fighters who seem to have gone through this show and come back as coaches do very well it appears. As Serra's team very much dominated Team Hughes in the early going. Something which definitely brought that dickish side out of Matt Hughes again as he tortured his boys when in cased they'd either just got caught or made rookie mistakes.

The cast for this season was quite an interesting mix and one of the standouts albeit not in the best way was eventual winner Mac Danzig. When I first watched this I just thought Mac was a grumpy bastard but in my rewatch for this and thanks to the DVD extras I come to understand him better. While yes his treatment of Blake at times was not great. Mac was a serious competitor who just wanted to get on with things. He didn't like his stuff or food being fucked with and those were his triggers which I think we can all understand. Another person who seemed to come off bad but in actually was there and recognized it was a competition was George Sotiropoulos. While a lot of his team seemed to be heavy partiers and drinkers. George very much was all business and you could very much argue because of that attitude and mentality he might have been a better fit for Team Hughes who for most part apart from Mac were shown to be good boys who attended Matt's bible study.

There was quite a bit of turmoil this season in the early going as first Roman Mitichian broke his arm and had to be withdrawn. Now I feel for Roman here and honestly he has my respect because he wanted to just crack on. He was fully prepared and ready to fuck people up with one arm and that while not the smartest move is admirable in my book. I would have been curious to see how he performed in the tournament as by the looks of his bout on the finale he had some good skills about him. Along with this came the Joey Scarola drama and honestly with this show, you know what you sign up for. It's tough to have sympathy for guys who want to quit. I mean fuck Paul Georgieff rather than quit the show accepted to fight Troy Mandoloniz before leaving briefly to attend his cousin's funeral. That situation there was way worse than Scarola just bitching out that he lost and wanted off the show. So I don't blame Serra at all for washing his hands of him entirely.

The season very much went as expected because realistically Mac Danzig with his record and experience was always the favorite to win. He'd had the big fight experience from Pride and King of the Cage. So it wasn't a surprise to see him make it all the way. The pleasant surprise was powerhouse farm boy Tommy Speer who while being quiet and not knowing what a vegetable was. Was actually quite an impressive fighter in the cage and he made for a surprising finalist. Before I wrap this review up I have to express my sadness as the best moment in this season being on the DVD extras. That was when Matt Serra's coach Drago got absolutely hammered in the swimming pool and began sinking all the while threatening to piss on Matt Hughes' championship... Only to be reminded that Serra was still champion That whole scene should have been on an episode because it was an absolute gem and had me rolling. So yeah this wasn't a bad season but definitely not a stand out. I don't think I'm ever going to be a fan of Matt Hughes.

Mac Danzig: Another case of a guy too good for the show. Mac was just too experienced and skilled for a lot of the guys in the house and it showed. Wouldn't be the first time this happened and won't be the last time you hear me say this.

George Sotiropoulos: In my opinion the only real threat Mac had was George. If it wasn't for a nasty eye poke he took against Tommy. I feel he would have took that fight and it'd have been interesting to see how him and Mac fared.

Fight of the season

Dan Barrera vs Ben Saunders - This was a great fight in the house. They definitely should have had a third round. Ben was the better fighter but all credit to Dan for sticking in there in this.

Jared Rollins vs War Machine - This was an absolute war on the finale itself. While I can't stand War Machine this was an amazing fight. Shame it seemed to be the last time we'd ever see J Roc.

Who I saw potential in

Tommy Speer - It was hard not to be kinda impressed with Tommy. He wasn't the most skilled guy but he was just a strong farm boy with no quit in him. Beat some good names in the house before getting out classed by Mac.

Matt Arroyo - Little controversial as it did come off that he quit the tournament in the semis rather than fight Danzig. Yet until then Matt looked very good. Hughes definitely under rated Arroyo and I'm actually curious how he'd have performed with Mac.

John Kolosci - This wasn't so much potential but more respect. John was over matched by Mac Danzig and it showed. Yet when he had a second chance to step in and fight again against Mac. He didn't hesitate what so ever unlike the rest of his team.

Best Team

Team Serra - Bless him Matt Serra really went out of his way to make his team a family and I love that. His main mistake was having too much faith in some of his boys as had he put Mac against Tommy in the second round, he'd have only had to deal with one of them in the semi finals.

Who I despised

Joey Scarola - This frustrated me. I don't think Joey was as good as Matt made him out to be but there's no denying that he quit in that fight with Danzig and then he quit the show. Poor form on his part in comparison to Roman who would have fought with a broken arm.

Matt Hughes - While he wasn't as bad as he was on season 2. Matt Hughes still did himself no favors just by the way he treated some of his boys when they were losing. Punishing the whole team for rookie mistakes and things like that just didn't sit well with me.

Richie Hightower - At first I didn't really care about Richie. But he did get quite annoying as it went on and his bitching about Serra playing favorites while refusing to train under Hughes at the same time when he had the chance. He was just irritating. Respect though for going for it against George.

War Machine - Honestly I'll say apart from the upper decker which was quite funny. War Machine come off just as a meat head on the show. The reason he is on this list is for his incidents in later life and yeah fuck him.

Heel Champion

Status

Team Griffin vs Team Rampage

A season with some big changes ahead for the future of the show. Season 7 had the fantastic idea to make people fight their way into the house. Which I personally am a fan of to this day. It was through these fights that we was quick to see some standouts for the tournament namely Tim Credeur, Amir Sadollah, CB Dalloway and Matt Riddle. Special mention has to go here for one of the nastiest knockouts I've ever seen on the Ultimate Fighter as Matt Riddle destroyed the jaw of his opponent and we heard the haunting cries of his opponent after he suffered that knockout. So it has to be said going through these opening bouts you could tell that they had managed to cultivate some good talent for this season. Although it was quite humorous to hear Dana White blast Paul Bradley for his lay and pray style during the opening round fight and calling it turtles fucking haha. This wouldn't be the only humour in the season as our coaches frequently bought the laughs with Forrest Griffin and Rampage being constant sources of entertainment.

Rampage bless his heart just isn't a coach. You can see it here and you definitely see it on a later season. But you could also see he genuinely cared for his boys and he won when they won and lost when they lost. Sadly he did an awful lot of losing when compared to Griffin who was not only a surprisingly excellent coach. But also again proof of the fact that when guys come back from the show to coach. They do tend to do rather well. He and Rampage also didn't really bring much drama apart from one heated argument but they made up for it with their antics which included an amazing moment when Forrest shot at Rampage with a net gun. I will say to Rampage's defense this season had some questionable decisions in the early round. The biggest of which was Patrick Schultz not receiving a third round in his bout against Cale Yarborough despite absolutely battering him on the feet in the opening round. This of course was the fight which brought tension between the coaches and saw Forrest destroy a door.

As for the fighters themselves this season had very much a range of personalities with quite a few standouts. Tim Credeur for his part was the experienced veteran who for most part was respectful but had quite the sharp wit when it came to stare downs with his opponents. Amir Sadollah meanwhile was constantly unsure of himself and lacking in confidence until he stepped in the cage and become a fighter with absolutely no quit in him what so ever. You also had the steadily growing more cocky over the course of the season CB Dollaway which in fairness wasn't helped by his coaches telling him he was a future champion etc. While I personally wasn't as big on hating him as others were the villain I guess of this season was Jeremy May. Although I will admit I actually have some respect for Jeremy for how he fought against Matt Brown in what was a grudge match over Tobacco. Brown is a savage but May took the fight to him while being injured and if it wasn't for his lack of cardio. He could have got his hand raised.

Now this brings me to for me the real idiot of the season Jesse Taylor. God this story absolutely drove me mental back in the day as honestly. What the fuck was he thinking? Jesse had surprised me by making it to the finals but honestly I didn't really see much in his skills. I saw him as basically a more active version of Paul Bradley with his lay and pray. Same time he probably had a chance at beating Amir because we'd see with his fight against Gerald he could be grounded and taken down. Yet we'd never get that answer because he went on a stupid drunken rampage and deserved to lose his place in the tournament. Plus this also gave us a tremendous bout between CB and Tim which then made Amir Sadollah's run all the more impressive. Because not only did he upset CB to make the finals but he proved it wasn't a fluke by submitting him a second time. I like this season a lot tbh. It has a ton of fun personalities and you have to respect Amir for what he did. It's crazy to see this 0-0 fighter prove himself to be as tough and game as he is.

CB Dollaway - Controversial opinion. I have always liked and rooted for CB Dollaway. Is he cocky? yeah and could he be arrogant? hell yes. But He impressed me on this show and was definitely the golden boy on Team Rampage. Plus the banter after he subbed Rampage on national TV was amazing haha.

Tim Credeur - One of the more experienced guys on the show who had fought some big names. Tim very much knew what he was doing and brought to the table some dangerous submissions. I do question his decision to coach Jesse on what submissions he'd go for against him the week of their fight. As that was piss poor decision making which cost him.

Fight of the Season

Amir Sadollah vs Matt Brown - This was brutal and it again showed the heart Amir Sadollah brought to the show. Brown is and always will be a monster but Amir took his best shots and kept firing back before taking the wind out of him with a body shot and finishing him. Very good fight.

CB Dollaway vs Tim Credeur - This in my mind on first watch was the finals and the fight I really wanted to see. It definitely lived up to that billing as both guys had a war to get to the finals and I honestly was a fan of both of them. So it was brilliant to see them each fight their hearts out.

Who I saw Potential in

Gerald Harris - I honestly think if they'd have given him anyone other than Amir in that opening round, the way he fought he'd have won the fight. A powerful stud wrestler who was unlucky enough to just have got caught.

Dan Cramer - It's weird because Dan didn't really do much in the house or anything but what he did show in his fights was despite being looked at as a pretty boy. He had a lot of heart and was very scrappy. I enjoyed his fights because of that.

Matthew Riddle - It was definitely weird on the rewatch seeing the original bro with short hair and no flip flops. But you couldn't deny he had some raw talent. His loss to Credeur really was down to experience but he picked up one of the nastiest knockouts in TUF history to enter the house.

Best Team

Team Griffin - He may have at times over trained them, but there was no denying that Forrest Griffin just was a better coach than Rampage. Rampage himself will admit he isn't a good coach. It doesn't make him a bad guy it just means he's wrong for that aspect of the show.

Who I despised

Jesse Taylor - He was just a meat head on this season. Like he'd get drunk and proudly piss himself plus honestly he had a good shot at winning the show and threw it away. I know by right Jeremy May should have been included here as he very much wore the black hat at times this season. But from my rewatch Jesse did antagonise Jeremy and Jeremy in return took things too far to get a rebuttal.

Heel Champion

Status

Team Nogueira vs Team Mir

This is a rewatch I was looking forward to for as we know when it comes to notoriety there is perhaps no season which stands out for insanity more than season 8 of the ultimate fighter does. The tone for which was very much set when later tournament favorite Phillipe Nover fainted due to heat exhaustion. So basically we had a fighter drop before the show had even began haha. This would then bring us towards the opening fights to get into the show and I got to say there was quite a few standout finishes and moments here. Beginning with Krzystof Sozynski absolutely destroying an overmatched opponent with a series of punches. From here we'd see fainting Phillipe, Junie Browning and Ryan Bader all particularly stand out before we'd see Karn Grigorian also standout for picking up a robbery of a decision against Eliot Marshall. Of course it wouldn't be long for a lot of decisions to be taken back as not only would Antwain Britt lose his spot in the house due to injury but so would Karn and Brian McLaughlin.

Perhaps this is a little harsh to say but I don't feel either Karn or Brian would have really performed much better on the show than they did. So they didn't really come off as huge losses when they were replaced by Kyle Kingsbury and Rolando Delgago. In fact I'd add the entertainment factor went up with these two additions as Kyle was a very strong goofy personality and Delgado was apart of quite a few situations in the house. Britt however I've seen fight in Strikeforce and while I don't think he'd have won the show. I'd have liked to have seen him get a shot especially as he beat Ryan Jimmo (RIP) to get into the house. As for the coaches this season you definitely had quite the stark contrast. One side you had Frank Mir and honestly at times I think Frank came off perhaps a little disinterested but he still seemed a solid coach for most part. I've read interviews after of his about his experience about the show and the dvd extras show that he was perhaps more invested than edited to be.

Nogueira meanwhile might be one of the best coaches the show has had too date. Not just for training but also for the bond he developed with his fighters. He came off like an absolute sweet heart and gentleman on this show who basically was a proud father to his team. His coach Stankie as well was a lot of fun and a true character. But honestly when we talk about characters and season 8 of the ultimate fighter. We all know that the talk in reality has to turn to the house and everything that went on in this season. In truth I will say the drama on this season was at peak and it was for the best as honestly there wasn't really many standout fights or performances. Like you could see guys had talent on this season but it wasn't like wow guys you got to see this or that. Instead it was OMG did you see what went on in the house because this season was absolute madness. So let's get the obvious elephant in the room out of the way and talk about Junie Browning.

The guy who topped Chris Leben. Junie was an absolute fucking maniac. He'd throw glasses like they were tennis balls and he'd lose his shit out of nowhere for the littlest reason. Junie lived up to his nickname as the Lunatic and honestly he deserved to be kicked off the show but we all know Dana kept him because he made the season. Like let's be honest that is why he was on the main card of the finale and while to this day I'm a bit irked that the UFC never gave us Marlon Sims vs Noah Thomas following their fight on TUF 5 haha. I will say though I saw potential in Junie. I could see some raw talent in him despite his many flaws and I think it's a shame how Frank Mir basically hit the nail on the head that sometimes it's the ones with all the tools and talent who piss it away. Because Junie set his sights on day one to eventual winner Efrain Escudero for reasons I'm not quite sure about and he wound up forgoing any instruction to getting subbed by Efrain in the semis. Efrain of course was called out all season with Shane trying to punk him while drunk and Junie even hopping a cage to go for him. I will admit watching this season I actually had hope for Escudero in the UFC especially after he destroyed Cole Miller at UFC 103 but his career never quite panned out.

Another guy who stood out for his antics albeit in a more harmless was Krzystof Sozynski. A prankster of the highest order Sozynski was a constant source of entertainment with his very creative practical jokes. The two standouts for me were when he made a funeral for Jules ahead of his fight with Vinny and also when he moved all the kitchen cutlery and table out on the basketball court to tell everyone to fuck off On this note about antics now we get to the bodily fluids and the tone was set very early on when Vinny pissed on Efrain's bed in what was a massive over reaction to a prank pulled on him. I know Eliot tried to say that's Vinny but Jesus Christ. That was definitely a step up to a lame prank the red team pulled from here things only escalated food got involved and we'd see future MLW star Tom Lawlor become sick of his fruit platter being eaten day and in return he and several others would piss in it. Before quite disgustingly but also hilariously the other team would eat it. Their reactions on discovering what had happened was actually amazing with a lot of heaving unless you're Kyle Kingsbury who might have a thing for golden showers And just when we thought that was it in the same episode comes the splushi. Where poor Dave Kaplan who tbh I wasn't the biggest fan of just because he seemed to greatly overestimate himself ate a piece of sushi that he been ejaculated on by Kingsbury.

Dave's reaction tbh was quite rightly rage as I think anyone would be but surprisingly he didn't seem uber grossed out to have ate cum haha. Same time part of me does wonder if he ever did follow up on his threat to have his fecal matter come into contact with the other team. Which is words I never thought I'd type or even speculate about ha. So honestly if you are a fan of just insane moments and drama watch this season. Because it is filled with that if nothing else. If you want a season with more quality of fights then I'd definitely suggest another as that is what this season did lack. Regardless I'm glad I rewatched it.

Who I'd pick to win

Ryan Bader - Truthfully I've always been a fan of Ryan Bader and on this show I saw a ton of potential in him. He had power and great wrestling which very much brought him to the dance. Glad he's finally living up to his potential in Bellator.

Phillipe Nover - He may have fainted on day one. But Nover had some skills and nasty finishing ability. I was always sad to see his UFC run not go as well as I thought. He got robbed against Barao IMO.

Who impressed me/stood out too me

Junie Browning - Controversial I know but I saw potential here. As a lifelong boxer myself I really appreciate body work and Junie was very good at that. He had a lot of raw potential in my eye with his submissions and striking. Honestly if he took things seriously, dialled back the craziness and had a good gym behind him. He could have been a credible fighter.

George Roop - Not only was he tall for the weight but he was also tough as hell. Roop reminded me of someone who while perhaps skill wise might have been lacking. He had the heart and grit to rise to the occasion. His wins over Zombie and Bowles are insane.

Krzystof Sozynski - Honestly Krzystof looked like a beast on this season. Powerful striker and nasty submissions. I thought he'd have a big future ahead of him. Glad he's doing well now on movies because honestly his pranks were amazing and constantly entertained me.

Best Fight

Junie Browning vs Rolando Delgado - I appreciate scrappiness I always have and this was a scrappy fight. Rolando was expected to be blown away by Junie but he made a bout of this. Junie defo lacked conditioning which impacted him here but they had a battle an enjoyable battle which stood out to me.

George Roop vs John Polakowski - I think this fight stands out to me because Roop for his part had a fucked up hand which he fought his ass off despite. John meanwhile while a goofy individual was in this bout fought his ass off. They was due a third round but regardless it was a war.

Best Team

Team Nogueira - Nog said it best when he said team Mir was a group of individuals. Meanwhile Nogueira came off as one of the nicest men not just in MMA but ever as he become a proud father to his team. Which gave them a family element and brought them all together. There was absolutely no debate who the better team was here.

Who I didn't like

Shane Nelson - So I can kinda forgive Junie. Like he was a fucking idiot but you knew what you got with him. Shane meanwhile when drunk acted like an absolute hard man which only made him look like a bitch when Efrain tapped him.

Vinny Magalhaes - Vinny is a weird one because I constantly feel like he's potentially the best submission guy MMA has ever seen yet he constantly underperforms when the time comes. His fights on the show were uninspiring as he tried to be a kickboxer and yeah I'd say this was super frustrating. He's basically a less scrappy Andy Wang on this show in that instead of pulling guard. He has tentative kickboxing bouts for a while then gets a sub.

Jason Guida - I think one consistent thing with me is I don't like quitters. At the end of the day you got a chance to make a name for yourself with this show. While a journeyman for most of his career when you look at the experience of a lot of the guys he'd have had a chance to upset some people. Instead he pissed it away by not making weight. That frustrated me.

Heel Champion

Status

TUF 10: Team Jackson vs Team Evans

This season was fascinating to watch to say the least. For the first time since TUF 6 we didn't get fights to enter the house. Instead we had 15 Heavyweights all gathered for Dana's opening speech where he introduced the 16th man to the tournament Kimbo Slice. Now Kimbo was griven quite the harsh response early going by the other fighters with Brendan Schaub notably saying fuck that guy. At first on my first rewatch I thought this was down to them sharing Dana's attitude to Kimbo. Yet in truth as I've since learned most of the guys were shitting themselves thinking it was Fedor not Kimbo From here we'd get to the evaluations and it didn't take long for you to see again that Rampage Jackson just isn't a coach. His idea of evaluations was basically having guys batter one another in the ring and in the cage as opposed to Rashad Evans having them run drills. This is why during the team picks you could very much see Rashad had picked the overall better team.

Now over the course of the season you'd very much see a much different dynamic for Rampage as opposed to the last time he coached he had quite the entertaining dynamic with Forrest Griffin. Whereas this time around he and Rashad very much hated one another and had a series of escalating arguments with each other. I think Rashad said it best it'll start out with a harmless joke then one will say something and the other will respond and very soon they are face to face with one another and moments away from fighting then and there. This for me was definitely one of the most heated pairs of rivals we have seen as coaches for the season so far and honestly for me their banter absolutely made the show. Because you just had to keep watching knowing that sooner rather than later these two were going to kick off. This made up for a real lack of drama in the house as for most part there was no real drama this season as most of the guys were focused on the tournament.

That's not to say there wasn't some things going on in the house as the treatment of Zak Jensen wasn't great. However I will say while he may have took part in this I did often find myself entertained by the antics of Wes Sims. A crazy character Wes' highlight for me was him attempting to scale a white wall in a black ninja gi in an effort to sneak up on Matt Mitrione. The standout individuals in the house for me this season were Roy Nelson, James McSweeney, Brendan Schaub, Justin Wren, Kimbo Slice, Matt Mitrione and Marcus Jones. Wren while perhaps not a standout personality when compared to the others mentioned very much was a pleasant surprise with the way he ran through Wes Sims. He'd then follow up with a great performance against eventual winner Roy Nelson which was marred by poor judging which robbed him of a 3rd round in a back and forth bout. Speaking of the eventual winner Roy very much was another fighter who didn't belong on the show. A talented veteran who had fought top competition and competed in big organisations before. Nelson was always the heavy favorite to win this show but he wasn't overly impressive in how he did so for most part as he defo played it safe with his experience at points to eek out wins. His attitude also rubbed Dana White the wrong way and set up a rivalry between the two which spanned years.

McSweeney didn't have the best showing either. While a top recruit for team Rashad, McSweeney was in my mind competing in the wrong weight class and definitely didn't come off well with his treatment of Zak. His training partner Brendan Schaub fared a lot better as one of the more entertaining personalities in the house. A quick witted individual who got along with everyone. Brendan's fights on the show all ended spectaculary and he was a highly entertaining individual to follow. In fact I'd wager that of Roy Nelson wasn't apart of this season, it would be Brendan Schaub who would have won this season. The black hat was worn this season by Matt Mitrione for his mind games which turned the entire house against him. Shown to be quite a raw athlete with a lot of power, while Mitrione did bring a lot of things on himself. I very much disagreed with Marcus Jones aggresively confronting him over the injury which jeopardized Scott Junk's career. Apart from that moment Jones for most part seemed like a nice guy until he stepped in the cage and it sucked to see him put down the way he was by Schaub.

I've waited until now to truly talk about Kimbo Slice and there is a reason for this. Out of everyone Kimbo Slice was my main reason for watching this show and he was also my pleasant surprise. Before this I'd only seen Kimbo Slice the street fighter and the Kimbo that EliteXC had tried to build itself round only to fall on it's face spectacularly. I'd argue that while before this season I was familiar with Kimbo Slice. It was this season that introduced us to Kevin Ferguson. Totally exceeding expectations. Kimbo didn't come here looking to put the fear of god in people. Instead he was shown to be a humble individual who was quite the deep thinker and spiritual individual. His talk about the inner me being the enemy was a great piece of wisdom from a surprising source. I really found myself rooting for Kimbo as this show went on and while he may have lost his opening round to Roy Nelson. It wasn't a super embarrassing defeat and he was shown to constantly be learning and trying to improve afterwards. It's just a shame with his bad knees he'd be forced to turn down a second fight. Probably for the best though as McSweeney would have leg kicked the shit out of him. While fight wise I'd say this season was lacking in some quality. It was entertaining regardless thanks to Rampage and Rashad. While also equally fascinating thanks to the inclusion of Kimbo. RIP Kimbo Slice.

Roy Nelson - I've said this before about Mac Danzig and one or two others and I'm going to say it again here. Roy Nelson with his credentials and record shouldn't have been on the show. He was worthy of being in the UFC already and it was his experience that played a factor in this fight. As he used his veteran tactics and technique to pick up wins throughout the season before knocking out Brendan Schaub. His win was defo not a surprise in my books as he was the most skilled and most experienced man on the show.

Who impressed me/stood out to me

Brendan Schaub - I'm sure this might be a punchline to some now but Brendan was without a doubt the second best fighter on this show. A big, athletic heavyweight with good submissions and powerful striking. Had Roy Nelson not been apart of this season. I will say that Brendan would definitely have been the winner in my eyes.

Matt Mitrione - There was a lot of drama and confusion about him at times but Matt Mitrione had a lot of raw potential on this show. An athletic heavyweight who was a real hard hitter. I actually was quite impressed with Mitrione in his defeat to McSweeney as I feel that had James not got that takedown he was gonna get knocked out by Meathead.

Wes Shivers - Dunno what it was but he impressed me against the much more experienced McSweeney. A former football player turned MMA fighter. Wes had a lot of size and power on his size in this season. It was just unfortunate that he was robbed of a third round in that bout with McSweeney.

Kimbo Slice - Might be a surprising entry but I really liked what I saw of Kimbo Slice on this season. He genuinely seemed like a great guy who was surprisingly in contrast to his years of street fighting quite the deep thinking individual. Very philosophical and eager to learn. It's a shame that Kimbo didn't get that second fight but as someone with major knee issues myself. I get why he didn't go for it.

Justin Wren - Probably the surprise of the season was how good Justin Wren looked. Not the biggest of the heavyweights by any means. Justin absolutely blew threw Wes Sims before in my opinion got robbed of a third round in his bout with Roy Nelson. A talented heavyweight I honestly think the UFC missed the boat by cutting him after the finale. He had a lot of upside.

Marcus Jones - It wasn't pretty but fuck it was effective. When Marcus fought it was quickly apparent he would get you down and batter you. A big imposing individual what truly let Marcus down was his chin and striking defense as we saw by his knockouts to Brendan and Mitrione. Regardless the man known as Big Baby in the house was a dangerous individual if you let him take you down.

Best Fight

Brendan Schaub vs Marcus Jones - When it came to his fights you knew what Marcus Jones was looking to do. Get his opponents down and work them over. This fight very much was one which would show what he had to offer for real. Because against Brendan Schaub he had a scrappy opponent who wouldn't allow him to bully him. An impressive showing for both guys ending with a brutal KO. Can't ask for much more.

Roy Nelson vs Justin Wren - Now this was a fight which should have gotten a third round. Back and forth with a great showing from Justin Wren who rose to the occasion here against his more experienced and skilled foe. They battle it out on the feet and the first two rounds were definitely split in my books. Just a shame the judges didn't see it the same way.

Best Team

Team Evans - When it comes to the season's he has had to coach. There is one recurring issue and that is Rampage isn't a coach. He's entertaining as hell and a good guy but he is definitely one of the worst coaches in the show's history. Whereas Rashad here was fantastic as a coach for his team which was only made further notable by how bad Rampage was.

Who I wasn't a fan of

Jon Madsen - It wasn't even so much him as a person it's just with Jon Madsen you knew what you was gonna get. A boring wrestling match. Plus he did fake a glove touch in that fight with Abe.

Mike Wessel - This is more down to the stories that have come out about him since the show which he has confirmed. Including his highly racist rant in the house which nearly got him beaten up by Kimbo and others. Just didn't sit well with me.

Zak Jensen - OK so there is no doubt Zak got a lot of shit in the house from practically everyone. But by the sounds of his he did bring a lot of it on himself in the early going by talking himself up and not delivering. He needed to stand up for himself more and stop allowing himself to be made a mug of.

James McSweeney - Rashad's top pick didn't come off well at all in this season. Mainly for how he treated Zak. While Zak definitely should have stood up for himself you could tell that James was probably the worst of the group with how he treated him. Locking him in that bathroom very much was the peak of James' bully. Just not a good look for someone who was probably one of the better fighters in the house.

Heel Champion

Status

Team Carwin vs Team Nelson

Yikes is the first thing that comes to mind with this season. Hands down one of the worst seasons of the Ultimate Fighter that I've seen I've got to be honest this season was quite the slog to get through at times. I will say though whats frustrating for me is that in my head I already found one way that the show could have been better. With better match making in the opening round you had guys like Max Griffin, Saad Awad, Frank Camacho and Cortez Coleman all of whom while not great fighters usually put on a show could have potentially advanced in place of some of the other guys. Instead unfortunately we had a lot of guys fighting not to lose if not even fighting at all through the tournament which was testament to the speech given by Roy Nelson in which he said basically put victories over performance which as you can imagine didn't sit well with Dana White who remembers Nelson's style of fighting during the 10th season.

This would be a haunting proclamation throughout the season not only in regards to what we could expect from Roy Nelson but also from the fighters themselves because across the whole season. We only got 2 finishes and the smallest margin of decent fights throughout. Honestly on this season it was basically a case of a lot of fights blending together with no one really standing out. Whereas in the house honestly there was a lot of bullshit going on but it wore it's welcome very quickly. As these guys not only were just looking to be on TV but they were not even performing with this energy in the cage. Julian Lane for example was an absolute headcase and it was embarrassing. His fights were just uninspiring and in the house he'd fly off the handle very quickly showing the self control of a petulant child. It was honestly annoying and ridiculous and he deserves the shame of all those let me bang bro jokes.

The overall winner of this season as well would show how bad it was as Colton Smith was basically a lesser version of Jon Fitch. A tough guy yes but with that lay and pray style of take you down and keep you down. Honestly though the only thing that really stood out with him was the fact that he faked a glove touch in the first episode and really didn't come off well because of it. I hate people who do that, it's one of the worst acts you could do as a fighter. I would be remiss to say there was a couple of guys I did see some potential in. Finalist Mike Ricci showed himself to have some potential despite his less than impressive UFC run. Neil Magny showed a lot of potential on the show as he was able to beat in my mind two of the more skilled guys in the house Jujitsu specialist Cameron Diffley and veteran Bristol Marunde. Two guys who stood out to me in defeat were both Eddy Ellis and Nic Herron Webb. While the fights on this season were uninspiring both guys stood out in their fights for trying to make things happen and trying to put their opponents away.

Sadly another common denominator on this season was the judging. There was horrific judging throughout the show with Eddy Ellis and Nic Herron Webb both being ruled losers despite doing major damage to their opponents in a round of the two round fight. This is why I said Eddy Ellis definitely deserved to be brought back for the finale and had he have fought someone. I'd have given him Nic who definitely should have got a 3rd round as had he have done so, I feel he'd have put Igor Araujo away. Special mention must go to the two finishes on this show the first I'll mention was a nasty standing elbow by Mike Ricci on Neil Magny which was probably just as bad if not worse than the IaQuinta one on Ogle the season previous. The second was a fun one round fight between James Chaney and Jon Manley. Manley wasn't the most exciting fighter but the wild Chaney made this interesting in what was an aggressive grappling match marred by controversy when Chaney bit him. James for his part admitted it like a man to Dana and while yeah it wasn't a good move on his part to bite his opponent. At least he admitted it and knew he had done wrong.

In this final part of my review I need to talk the elephant of the room. The coaching as on one side you had Shane Carwin. Now Carwin is someone you can easily misjudge as just a meathead but instead he's a quiet and well spoken individual. Shown to train with a great team, Shane Carwin was giving to his fighters and a great source of wisdom to them in defeat. Definitely in my books a pleasant surprise as a coach. Whereas Roy Nelson was unfortunately a major disappointment. There's no other way to say it he may very well be the worst coach the show has ever had and that's saying something when you look at the likes of Rampage Jackson and Ken Shamrock. Roy honestly didn't come off well this season be it from the stupid shit he was saying about fighters not making weight to blaming his fighters for their losses when he hardly trained them. This definitely wasn't a good look for him in the slightest in what was a very underwhelming season.

Bristol Marunde - Again I'd have gone with experience this time in the case of IFL and Strikeforce Veteran Bristol Marunde. While a journeyman for most part I had him pegged as someone crafty enough to pull out wins.

Who Impressed me

Neil Magny - Neil was a work in progress on this show and while I didn't expect him based on his appearances here to have the success he'd later have he did. He is someone I respect though for constantly making improvements and to this day for fighting as actively as he does. Big respects.

Eddy Ellis - It bothers me actually to this day Eddy Ellis didn't get a fight on the finale. He had a great showing on the show in both of his fights and was robbed of a third round. Truthfully the way I'd have done it is have him fight another guy who was robbed Nic Herron Webb at the finale. Both guys deserved that shot at redemption.

Best Fight

Colton Smith vs Eddie Ellis - In a show filled with poor fights this was quite the battle. Colton is one dimensional for sure but he took his lumps here against Eddy Ellis and kept going. Should have had a third round.

Best Team

Team Carwin - No dispute at all. Shane was there for his fighters and he wanted them to do well. He gave his all as a coach in stark comparison to what we saw from Roy Nelson.

Who I wasn't a fan of

Roy Nelson - Probably the worst coach I've seen so far and that's saying something considering he had the winner. Roy had no business in coaching this with the way he went about things. Going about doing his own thing and basically not even employing a strategy to match make his team. He failed majorly as a coach.

Colton Smith - If you fake a glove touch you are an asshole. It's that plain and simple. Some things just don't sit well with me and that is definitely one of them. Not a good look at all for a one dimensional fighter.

Julian Lane - Absolute nutcase. I didn't see any think really special about Julian and his house antics were embarrassing TBH. He should have been kicked off the show in my honest opinion.

Michael Hill - Just found him a bit annoying really. He talked a good game at points but honestly that was all he did. His fight with Secor was horrible and how they scored him winning that I don't know.

Heel Champion

Status

Shade reviews The Ultimate Fighter

TUF Smashes

An unexpected addition to the reviews as thanks to Fight Pass I was able to watch this one. Would love to be able to do TUF Nations as well but have not had much luck finding that one on there just yet. Still I'm gonna push forward with this recap of the smashes and hope one day I'll get to see TUF Nations as well. Because there's a couple of things from that show I have some opinions about to say the least. Anyway this season would go back to the country vs country format which TBH didn't really go down that well on TUF 9. As again straight from the bat it was the Brits who made the show really. Like this isn't country bias at all but TUF 9 Team America was one of the weakest teams of the early seasons and Team Australia here while having some decent talent. Really was the less interesting team of personalities to follow. This was further added to the fact that their coach George Sotiropoulos became more unbearable as the season went on with his snide remarks to losing fighters on the other team as well as his general lack of a personality or sense of humor.

It also has to be noted that this show was marred with injuries and baggage as in the first episode Michael Pastou who I felt has a good shot at being a finalist would be eliminated due to a bicep injury and was replaced by 21 year old Brendan Loughnane. Sadly along with him Mike Wilkinson would suffer a bad eye injury eliminating him from the tournament after he'd made it to the semi finals and we'd also see Manny Rodriguez lose his place in the semi finals thanks to a broken leg he'd suffered early in his fight with Bola Omoyele. Gutsily however Manny kept fighting and got the win. Chaos would then continue as Team UK while having swept the Aussies in the 155 category then saw bloated Flyweight Richie Vaculik return to fight Colin Fletcher while in one of the most confusing situations going. James Vanikolo was brought in to replace Manny in the semi finals before it was decreed he had to fight to earn his spot in that round. Then it was determined he'd have to fight a fellow Aussie with the choice being the trash talking Xavier Lucas only for James to badly miss weight and Lucas to then get a bye to the next round. Just reading that back alone gave me a headache and told you all you needed to know about this season.

That's without me mentioning the phone call incident in which Luke Newman and Bola Omoyele after losing their fights talked a neighbor into giving them a phone. From here we know that they and others would use the phone to make calls and send texts with Dana pissed that they had potentially given out results. You look back and in hindsight had Dana booted all those involved it would have devastated team UK with at least 5 of them guilty for their involvement. It was poor decision making but in my book Luke and Bola should have been removed, Luke in particular had not come off well with his loss to Robert Whittaker. So it wouldn't have been a big miss. In fact I'd say in the early goings that not many of the characters in this house were that likeable however one major stand out in this was Colin Fletcher. Made for a show like this was the character of Colin Fletcher thanks to his erratic dress sense and antics. Plus his Australian persona of Russel Mandingo was brilliant!

Honestly though while this season did have some fun moments and produced a future world champion in Robert Whittaker. I don't see me watching this one again. It's just a bit of a slog with not many standout or likeable individuals and some absolutely cringeworthy back and forth between the two teams at times. Especially the Australian Side who for most of the show were bland. Good to see the beginnings of Robert and fun for the antics of Colin. But there's not much else to this really!

Colin Fletcher - Man was I wrong here. My basis for picking Colin was I'd seen him fight before the show and knew what he was capable of. Unorthodox as all hell with the creepy clown gimmick. Colin was a standout fighter on this show and it's a shame he didn't fare as well in the octagon.

Robert Whittaker - Robert for me was the top welterweight of the season. He was a good athlete and had youth on his side. Not too mention his wins were all brutal knockouts on the show. Amazing though to see the fighter he's become since.

Who stood out to me

Richie Vaculik - Undersized by a large margin but scrappy as hell. Richie was a flyweight who was competing and Lightweight and while he lost both of his fights quite convincingly. I have to respect a man for stepping up that much in weight and giving it what he did.

Brendan Loughnane - One of the youngest guys of the bunch. Brendan as we know recently got royally fucked over on the Contender series. I'm still a big fan of him and his talents. So hopefully he does well in the PFL.

Manny Rodriguez - He won a fight I didn't expect him to win against Bola and he did so on a broken leg. The man is a warrior in my book and it's a shame that he only got one fight in the UFC which was a stoppage loss to Ben Alloway. Would have liked to have seen more from him.

Best Fight

Benny Alloway vs Brad Scott - While he's not a spectacular fighter by any means. I did see the early Forrest Griffin comparison to Brad Scott, he had cardio for days and was very scrappy which made for a fun fight against the veteran Benny Alloway.

Best Team

Team UK - Neither team was bad by any means but it seemed that Team UK had a brotherhood which the Aussies lacked. Plus honestly if it wasn't for the antics of Team UK, this season wouldn't have been as entertaining.

Who I wasn't a fan of

George Sotiropoulos - Considering I was quite impressed with him on season 6 and a fan of him during his early UFC run. It took his coaching role here to put me off George. He came off as having no real sense of humor and his constant digs at Team UK for how they lost were unnecessary.

James Vanikolo - A late entry given a big chance to step right into the next round but he can't make weight. Honestly he should have just been removed from the show. Nothing against him just not a fan.

Luke Newman/Bola Omoyele - Shame is especially with Bola I saw potential. Yet same time Luke wasn't a great team mate to his guys and he and Bola nearly destroyed the team by bringing in that phone. Put me right off the both of them.

Benny Alloway - Obviously you knew with the Welterweights 2 guys from Australia had to fight. But the way Ben went about picking his team mate just didn't sit right with me and then from there he went as far to deny it.

Norman Parke - Was never a big fan of Stormin Norman. His style wasn't the most entertaining to watch and he was always a bit up and down emotionally which was shown on this season. Nothing major just not a fan.

Heel Champion

Status

Shade Reviews The Ultimate Fighter

Team Rousey vs Team Tate

Definitely an interesting season in hindsight to look back on as for the first time ever not only would women be competing on the ultimate fighter but they would also be sharing the house with men! Now obviously we all knew the comments and remarks about to be made this season as for lack of a better term I remember a lot of people stating there would be fucking in the house haha. In the end there wasn't anything like that which to be fair was probably for the best this season. Yet there definitely was quite a lot of drama in particular from the coaches Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate. Now honestly it's amazing to look back and wonder just how different this season would have been had Cat Zingano not been hurt. Because obviously there was a lot of respect between Cat and Ronda which definitely wasn't the case for her and Miesha. In fact I'd even say that because of this bad blood and her behavior at times on the show. This could have been where people began to slowly turn against Ronda Rousey. As I remember myself not liking her or her coaches on this season at all and looking back I can definitely see why.

As while you could definitely see that Ronda wanted the best for her fighters. She very much would be over ruled by her dislike for Tate and this was shown at multiple points in the season as when the team Tate corner would look to show respect following bouts they'd be flipped off constantly and Ronda's comments about Miesha laughing at her girls pain. Honestly there are major Shamrock and Tito vibes in regards to this feud as while yes Tate and in particular Bryan Caraway had said some things in the past and could be expected to be the bad guys this season. Ronda instead was over ruled by it and this dislike in turn only made a more respectful Tate look better. Particular note was when Edmond stared down Dennis Hallman who offered him out in response. Now straight up we all know Hallman dominates that and Ronda got in Dennis' face as if it was his fault. In reality I think she did that to save Edmond.

Onto the talent of this season it was definitely very up and down. Because on the men's side only two individuals really stood out to me and they were Chris Beal and Chris Holdsworth. I knew that one of them would win the tournament and when they got matched up in the early round it was a clear case that this was truly the finals fight. As no offense to eventual finalist Davey Grant but he used questionable tactics to get into the house with attacks to the spine and then didn't even need to win two fights to get to the finale. The women's side however definitely had it's fair share of name value and talents with prominent names in WMMA appearing such as Shayna Baszler, Roxanne Modafferi, Tonya Evinger, Colleen Schneider and Tara LaRosa. Of those names mentioned only two made it into the house and they wouldn't make it past the next round in what was a clear indication that this tournament was the beginning of a new wave of talent for the division.

The standouts were the 4 semi finalists Sarah Moras, Raquel Pennington, Jessica Rakoczy and Juliana Pena with Pena rightfully being the favorite to win despite her being the source of much conflict in the house thanks to her bad attitude. Rakoczy meanwhile was the sentimental favorite having been a boxing champ crossing over into MMA while Moras similar to Pena had upset a big name veteran to get in the house while Pennington had the best fight of the season against Jessamyn Duke. I'd be remiss before the end of this review to say just how much of a mess the men's side of this tournament was. Because while unfortunately for Tim Gorman who suffered a bad leg injury that he'd be removed following making it into the house in place of Louis Fisette. Yet this wasn't where the show fell apart. It fell apart due to the fact not one but two fighters badly missing weight and pissing away their opportunity. The first of which was Cody Bollinger who seemed to have quite a lot of potential before he quit with 5 pounds to go. More unforgivable however was Anthony Gutierrez who in my book might be worse than Gabe Ruediger. Because not only did Anthony advance to the semi finals because Cody failed to make weight. But he was constantly shown to be eating before failing to make weight himself Just a massive fail all around then and what a joke it was that this led to Davey Grant making it to the finals. So yeah this was not a particularly great season but it was filled with some noted drama and moments. Nice to look back on but not something I'll go out of my way to see again.

Who I'd have backed to win

Chris Beal - Beal was someone I was very much aware on and high on before the tournament and someone I banked heavily on to take this tournament. Unfortunately he'd run into a bad hand injury and an early bout with eventual winner Chris Holdsworth.

Shayna Baszler - I went with experience factor again here by picking Shayna and unfortunately it cost me. Must be said though things worked out well for her in the end with her WWE career. So can't say she was hurt badly by this season.

Who Stood out to me/Impressed me

Louis Fisette - I respect people like Louis who just come on this show with nothing to lose and go for it. He may have lost twice but you know damn well had they asked him he'd have stepped in after Anthony's departure. I respect this kid.

Josh Hill - Man It was a shame that Josh didn't perform as well on this show as I'd have liked. Always been a fan of Hill since his impressive showing in defeat against Moraes. Shame he only was a lay and prayer in regards to this season as I'm a fan.

Best Fight

Raquel Pennington vs Jessamyn Duke - Duke is another Luke Barnatt in that she has a lot of physical tools to cause problems but an inability to use her range led to her engaging in these kinda slugfests she shouldn't be having. Regardless this was a fun gutsy performance by both girls.

Best Team

Team Tate - Ronda herself wasn't a bad coach by any means. She was very much ride or die with her fighters. But Meisha was definitely the better coach this season. Which was further shown by her team winning both tournaments.

Who I wasn't a fan of

Ronda Rousey - This season didn't make Ronda look the best let me tell you. Her pettiness in the way she acted to Tate was really bad but what made me laugh more was when Edmond realised he fucked up glaring down Dennis Hallman and she tried to make it sound like it was Dennis' fault. Defo put me off Ronda.

Cody Bollinger - In my book Cody quit. I don't know what happened there because he seemed to have some potential but yeah can't respect someone for packing it in and giving up the way he did.

Anthony Guttierez - So you already get a bye because your opponent missed weight and all we see is you eating in the house so that you can later miss weight. I never expected someone to out Gabe Gabe Ruediger.

Tim Gorman - For someone who constantly talked a big game, he was definitely quick to run across a cage looking for takedowns. Gorman is here because of just a lot of idiotic statements he made. Full respect for him though wanting to fight with a bad leg injury.

Juliana Pena - Pena is someone who I'll always begin by saying that she's clearly got a lot of tools as a fighter. But as a person even on this show she didn't come off very likeable or genuine for that matter.

Heel Champion

Status

TUF 19 Team Edgar vs Team Penn

Talk about an uninspiring season. Very much if I had to draw up a list of the order of seasons by quality, TUF 19 very much would be close to the bottom. What sucks is on watching episode one. It was easy to feel some excitement thanks to some electric performances by the likes of Daniel Spohn, Anton Berzin and Tim Williams. But when the season would officially begin. This was all sadly for nought as many of the fights were uninspiring affairs with only the battle between Dhiego Lima and Tim Williams proving to be an exception to the rule. I can honestly tell you guys straight up that this review will probably be my shortest yet as this was such an uninspiring season. Neither of the winners of the tournament looked that great on the show with Corey coming off like a one dimensional fighter and every Eddie Gordon bout being unmemorable. As for the coaches this season we'd see BJ Penn return as he was matched up with old rival Frankie Edgar.

Now this was actually a pleasant surprise for me to look back on because BJ Penn in my book before this season was a piss poor coach. Yet on this season while he wasn't perfect by any means he definitely redeemed himself somewhat with his performance here. While not a perfect coach by any means BJ Penn brought together a very impressive training team here for his team and dominated the early equations of this tournament. I think the turning point sadly came when one of his top dogs Tim Williams was defeated causing BJ to overthink things and believe he was over training his team. This caused their team to slowly come apart and we'd see team Edgar begin to take over. Frankie meanwhile while not a stand out coach was by no means a bad coach at all. He was a fairly chilled guy and honestly this season defo lacked that coaches drama which Penn's previous season with Jens had.

Now I'd be failing if I didn't mention one of the most controversial moments yet in the Ultimate Fighter and thankfully this incident in particular took place in the cage as opposed to the house. This of course was the fight between Roger Zapata and Ian Stephens. A styles clash of the highest order on one side you had the striker Zapata while on the other you had the one dimensional wrestler Stephens. Stephens definitely fit the mold of a lay and pray fighter in this fight as he repeatedly held Zapata down but the controversy came from a point deducted from Zapata thanks to an illegal elbow. To this day this whole situation has baffled me as exciting or not, Stephens controlled Zapata the entire 2 rounds and with the point taken off it should have been a clear cut win for him. Instead they go to a 3rd round with Zapata wins and somehow wins the fight. A very confusing and odd episode to watch. Probably worth a look just to see what you all think. But yeah honestly there's not much else to look back on. This was a poor season!

Daniel Spohn - Biggest disappointment yet by far. All the makings of a Uriah Hall like knockout artist. Yet instead as we'd see he turned into a grappler holding people down and keeping him there. So disheartening.

Cathal Pendred - Definitely a favorite going in. Cathal Pendred here was very much like his UFC run. Very uninspiring and honestly neither of his bouts were worth watching. His fight with King however was fun so there is that.

Lyman Good - Went with pedigree here again and I stand by had Good not been matched with a human Blanket in the qualifying round, he'd have done quite well for him on the show.

Who Stood out/Impressed me

Dhiego Lima - Probably the most entertaining and consistent fighter on this season. Dhiego Lima was probably the only fighter worth going back to watch thanks to entertainment. While his first UFC Run wasn't great. He's performed admirably in his return.

Tim Williams - Second time he's been on this list but man it's hard not for me to rate the skills of Tim Williams. A well rounded fighter who unfortunately has had a bad run in the UFC. I still have faith that Williams will get his due one day.

Josh Stansbury - Let's be honest Josh battered Chris Fields in their fight until he suffered that freak injury. I'm thrilled that he got a second chance on the show as this was a shit situation.

Best Fight

Tim Williams vs Dhiego Lima - This was an entertaining battle on what was quite the underwhelming season of fights. A back and forth battle with a nice submission at the end. Hard not to be impressed with both guys.

Best Coach

Frankie Edgar - Now while on season 5 BJ Penn was quite the poor coach. He definitely redeemed himself some this season. But there was a lot of inconsistency there which certainly wasn't shared by the competent Frankie Edgar. Frankie won this simply by being consistent.

Who I wasn't a fan of

Matt Van Buren - Just a real negative individual who didn't come off well at all. There wasn't anything at all to Matt Van Buren I saw which was likeable. Wasn't happy to see him make the finals.

Roger Zapata - For someone who lucked out a victory the way he did, he sure did like to talk. Hands down the most controversial fight I've ever seen in the ultimate fighter saw Roger Zapata gifted a win against Ian Stephens. Just wasn't impressed at all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information