Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Total Extreme Wrestling 2020

Status

Re: Total Extreme Wrestling 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    I like a lot of the new additions, but I'm not a fan of the perception idea, and I'm even less of a fan of the new layout.
    I actually really like the perception idea. I find it a more realistic and intuitive way to view how a worker should be used on your roster. The push system was great for organizing but it wasn't really realistic in terms of how companies treat talent.

Curious what about the new mechanism do you dislike?
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    I actually really like the perception idea. I find it a more realistic and intuitive way to view how a worker should be used on your roster. The push system was great for organizing but it wasn't really realistic in terms of how companies treat talent.

I still dislike the "unimportant wrestler vs. unimportant wrestler" match nerfing. In 2016 you could circumvent that by just raising them to lower midcard (and it was therefore an unbelievably dumb mechanic). In 2020 since you cant control perception youre just fucked and you get a low grade for a match that realistically & reasonably would not tank that hard irl.

I dont mind the perception system besides that though since I tended to just autopush everyone anyways. The worker overuse bites me in the ass sometimes but its w/e. I live with it.

twitch.tv/myrecycledballs

Status
      Country                    Norway

I can give a few things of what I really like, like, dislike, and heavily dislike:

Really Like:

- House Show Optimization and It Getting it's Own Page

- Adjustable Ticket Prices

- Being Able to Edit Chemistry In-Game

- The New Types of Broadcasters

- AI Scheduling of a Company by Your Choice of Type

Like:

- Locations In Addition to Venues

- Being Able to Have Workers Do Multiple Roles at Once

- Being Able To Turn a Game Into A Database

- Optimized Filtering

Dislike:

- The Removal of "Authority Figure" as a role

- Perception vs. Push (Perhaps a combined method of both systems would have worked better)

Really Dislike:

- The sidebar layout (considering I'm used to TEW 2010 and 2016, the topbar layout is how I've always been used to TEW)

- The new Product System (I feel it limits players on what they can do with custom companies, if there were an option to "make" a product preset, I feel the problem would have been fairly mitigated)

Overall, I really love most of the new additions they made to the game and I firmly believe it's more polished than 2016 from what I've played, my main problem is just I feel they sacrificed a bit of raw customization in favor of that polish.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

You've dropped in size. it happens. Good chance that its something with how the mod is set up.

Ignore the "crisis" thing... that's basically fluff.

TV ratings and PPV buyrates and profitability are all nice, but they are basically driven by show grades (and some other factors). The Handbook (question mark in the top right) has a section under Running Your Company titled Growing Your Company that lays it out. Essentially, you normally have a 5 point cushion from your popularity in the region. If your popularity is 70, the show can be 65 to 75 and it won't hurt to help. But if the industry is low, that cushion on the bottom side can shrink.

Losing size isn't always down to the show grades. There can be other factors, especially if it was popularity in an outside region. Go to the Size button, then Track Progress. See where you have dropped size. While it can be as simple as the show grades being not quite good enough, it can also be weird things in how the mod is set up - high popularity in Canada but no TV deal, so you slowly bleed the popularity you had there.
    Cheers, Papa.

I've only just seen this. I'll take a look dude, thank you.

twitch.tv/myrecycledballs

Status
      Country                    Norway

Right, so I dunno if I've mentioned this before or not, but I'm finally laying down the groundwork for a custom database known as the "Anderson-Verse". I'm actually looking to make this a community made database with collaboration with anyone remotely interested in helping create their own wrestling universe.

The premise is as follows (thus far for US and Canada):

The year is January 2020, and the wrestling world has entered a new era. Gone is the "Modern Era" and with the death of arguably the biggest wrestling promoter in the world, Quentin Shields, two years ago, the "Post-Modern" Era has begun. The "Big Four" of American Wrestling continue to show that the "Wednesday Wars" could be over soon. An intense war that has been raging since 1997, it took the wrestling world by storm and for 22 years, it's been the epicenter of American Wrestling.

Spoiler:

- First the Universal Wrestling Federation, based out of New York. While still the biggest company in the world, it isn't what it used to be after Quentin Shields (b. March 1943 - d. June 2018) passed and it was passed to his son Allen (b. December 1972 - ). UCW has managed to stay atop the mountain thanks to creative booking and deep financial muscle. However, under the leadership of Allen, an impulsive and indecisiveness opposite of his controlled and decisive father. It could be only a matter of time before the titan of wrestling falls to their better controlled competition.

- Second is the Championship Wrestling Federation, the one "true" rival of the UWF. Formed in mid 1988 during the height of the "Television Era" of 1982-1994, the CWF runs out of Charlotte, North Carolina. With equally impressive financial backing and the support of Carinthia (the largest broadcaster in the US), the CWF was able to become the 2nd biggest wrestling company in the US. With the leadership of Jerryn Willis (b. August 1967 -) and the booking of The American Stretcher (b. January 1984 - ), CWF looks to finally pull ahead of UWF, as that company is beginning its slow crawl to ineptitude.

Thirdly is the All-American Professional Wrestling. Formed in July 1967 by famed Texas wrestler "Cowboy" Hank Ford (b. July 1930 - ). When Hank retired from the wrestling business in 2010, he handed control of the company off to his twin sons Bobby (b. August 1977 - ) and Dale Ford (b. August 1977 - ). The combination came together to forge one of the best creative duos in wrestling history, consolidating an aging roster and turning what was, at that point a slowly sinking ship, into the fourth member of the "Big Four" in the span of a year thanks to the insane popularity of their younger brother "Texas Lightning" Kevin Ford (b. April 1981 - ). With a younger roster compared to the rest of the Big 4, this might just be AAPW's chance to be bigger than 3rd Place.

- The final of the big four is the oldest wrestling company still active, and the most respected. The National Wrestling Federation was founded by former boxing promoter Marcus Anderson (b. September 1928 - d. May 1995) in March of 1956 to supplant the former Midwest States Wrestling Promotion that had been there since the 30's. Marcus sought to distance the NWF from the World Alliance of Professional Wrestling in the 1965 which led to what was known as the "Wild Era" of Professional Wrestling. Eventually Marcus handed off the company to his son David Anderson (b. June 1952 - ) in 1982. Under David's acute leadership, the NWF managed to stave off the attacks of the UWF and Quentin Shields. By 1987 the UWF was forced to concede and instead chose to enact a working agreement with the NWF, ensuring the survival of both instead of the death of either. Following the founding of the CWF, once again David's loyal roster mostly stayed true to the NWF and forced a non-aggression pact between the two. As of 2018, the NWF is safely #4 in the US, and David and his heir-apparent Scott Anderson (b. July 1985 -) don't seem to mind that fact.

- Other companies in the US include Texas League Wrestling, one of the last holdouts of the World Alliance of Professional Wrestling; No-Cal Wrestling and So-Cal Wrestling, a pair of wrestling companies located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, respectively, run by two brothers as part of the California Wrestling Alliance; The ongoing rivalry between the World Women's Championship and the Female Forces Fighters, two all-female wrestling companies looking to firmly stomp the other out of existence; the enigmatic Sin City Wrestling, run by a Las Vegas promoter with deep pockets and ties to the mafia; and several more!

In Canada a family split in 2013 continues to rock the Canadian wrestling world as the Kane family feud continues. Before August Kane, founder of World Canada Pro Wrestling died in 2012, he passed over his oldest son (of 6) James and gave control of the company to who he saw as the best man to run the company, his third son Daniel. This led to James (1), Dean (4), and Harris (5) leaving to form New Canada Pro Wrestling in 2013, scalping WCPW of many key talents, while Daniel (3), Luke (2), and Jamie (6) stayed behind with loyalty to their father. The two companies have been at war ever since with no signs of stopping, with the next generation of the Kanes becoming involved in the fight.

Spoiler:

- First is New Canada Pro Wrestling, founded in 2013 by James Kane (b. November 1958 - ) with the help of younger brothers Dean (b. December 1965 - ) and Harris Kane (b. October 1967 - ) out of Calgary. The formation of the company came after the big factional split in the family who felt James should have inherited WCPW over younger brother Daniel. Having stolen much of WCPW's talent, they overtook their competition to become the premiere Canadian wrestling promotion. By the end of 2014, however, WCPW had bounced back and the two began a tough fight against one another. As the next generation of Kanes prepare to inherit, namely James' children Julian (b. January 1986 - ) Calvin (b. March 1989 - ) and Veronica (b. April 1991 - ), Dean's son Doug (b. November 1989 - ), and Harris's daughter Jennifer (b. September 1995 - ), the war will continue to rage on until something can be done to mend this family.

- Second up is World Canada Pro Wrestling, formed by Kane family patriarch August Kane (b. May 1933 - d. September 2012) in April 1978 out of Montreal, Quebec. The company saw incredible success for nearly 35 years until the death of August Kane split the family in half. After the split, WCPW was left with Daniel (b. June 1962 - ), older brother Luke (b. January 1960 - ), and youngest brother Jamie (b. February 1970 - ). After their biggest star, Wes Jacobs (b. March 1987 - ) left for NCPW, the company fell into hard times for a few years until the coming of Luke's own son David (b. August 1990 - ) brought a resurgence to the company. With the younger generation of Kanes, namely David, Daniel's sons Richard (b. May 1994 - ) and Kerry (b. July 1997 - ), and Jamie's own daughter Jessica (b. March 1995 - ), the future looks bright for WCPW to fight back against NCPW.

- Among other companies include the All Canadian Championship Wrestling, an alternative to the other two that promotes faster-paced action and lightweight spotlights; also included is the Ontario Wrestling League, a small-time federation looking to bring tradition back to Canadian wrestling; finally, there's Vancouver Coast Championship Wrestling, a newer company looking to etch a spot on the Canadian West coast.

So far that's all I have regarding my database, it'll take a lot of work though and I'm willing to accept anybody willing to help out.

Status

Looks interesting, Grim, and I'd throw my hand up. Unfortunately, I already have fingers I too many pies when it comes to TEW.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

All About That Ace

Status

I've been dabbling in a BHOTWG game from time to time if I'm in the mood. My schedule is very NJPW-esque. I would've preferred mimicking their 2020 schedule to see how they dealt with the new G1 placement & Wrestle Dynasty but that's out the door.

I started off with Eve of the Burning Hammer. Mostly young lions, veterans, midcarders working.

Buddy Garner is in TD but he turned out to be a stud. After that I had Lord of the Rings. Subsequently, I did my Ultimo Wrestling Series which was predominantly filled with CILL guys. I plan on bringing them back in for our junior tournaments, especially the junior tag league in the 2nd half of the year. The goal will be to keep the best of them hired throughout the last 6 months of the year. They were all house shows so the bad grades didn't matter much but it was aggravating making sure every match did not go past 10 minutes for the pen.

I am now on the Road to Everlasting Mission (New Beginning), the plans are this:

Road to Everlasting Mission (one of the house shows)
    Blue Rhino Openweight 6-Man Tag Team: Matthew Keith, Tatsuya Toshitara & Michio Gensai vs. Tadakuni Toshusai, Taro Shionoya & Murai Enomoto
    February
    Everlasting Mission in US
    BHOTWG USA: Heihachiro Sakai vs. Matthew Keith
    Everlasting Mission in Sapporo
    BHOTWG Junior Heavyweight Tag Team: Hijo Del Relampago & Jin Miyamoto vs. Crimson Ghost & Helikaon
    BHOTWG Tag Team: Toshiharu Hyobanshi & Namboku Makuda vs. Nissho Yuasa & Hirokumi Saito
    BHOTWG Japan: Munemitsu Senmatsu vs. Michio Gensai
    Everlasting Mission in Osaka
    BHOTWG Junior Heavyweight: Sensational Dragon vs. Billy Russell
    BHOTWG World Heavyweight: Kinnojo Horri vs. Koshiro Ino
    Coastal Clash (Honor Rising Equivalent)
    Blue Rhino Openweight 6-Man Tag Team: Matthew Keith, Tatsuya Toshitara & Michio Gensai vs. CZCW Rep
    Blue Rhino King of Fighters: Buddy Garner vs. CZCW Rep
    BHOTWG Tag Team: Toshiharu Hyobanshi & Namboku Makuda vs. Gargantuan & Prometheus

Some notes. Gargantuan & Prometheus will probably split up because of bad tag chem. Nissho & Hirokumi will either split up because of bad tag chem or they'll be kicked out of Slaughterhouse to be replaced with two guys who can actually help Masuno out.

I have two major plans atm:

JHW: For the Best of the Super Junior I want Marihito Masuko to win his 4th to be tied with Elemental III & Sensational Dragon. Afterwards, MYSTIC Dragon will win 4 consecutive BOSJ to finally break his curse & beat The Awesome Kiyaru's record. Finally, Sensational Dragon will win in 2025 to be the first with 5 BOSJ wins. If Emerald Angel is with us by that point, we'll probable give him a cursory win. We will also be aiming for Elemental III to win 9 JHW Title reigns by the time he retires. This gives Sensational, MYSTIC & Elemental III important stats to retire with. I haven't decided anything on Masuko.

HW: Not as exciting. The goal is to find the next Ace with BHOTWG and there's no one in sight who fills that role. I've maxed out Hinote Dojo & we will be hoping to acquire the perfect grad out of there to groom into Kikkawa 2.0. I want a true BHOTWG homegrown stud. Outside of that... Hiroaki Nakasawa will win Quest of Heart (NJ Cup), go on to beat Kinnojo Horri for his record tying 5th reign. Yasunobu Masuno who is probably the last "great" name to not win the BHOTWG Heavyweight belt will win the Sword of Destiny (G1 Climax) to main event NOTBH against Nakasawa. Like I said, not really going for grades, otherwise I'd force Matthew Keith up there. Masuno will get his first & only reign then. He will eventually lose it to a former GCG worker (if not someone already on the roster then most likely SUKI since hes a former GCG World Champion). That GCG worker will thereafter give Kinnojo Horri his record breaking 6th & final reign. I'm leaving the canvas open after that. I know I absolutely want Senmatsu to be a "Dark Emperor" of sorts and rule over BHOTWG for a couple of years. If I find my Ace then he'd be the perfect guy to dethrone God Senmatsu.

If anyone has read this far, I do have an issue. The Four Pillars of the Junior division arent in stables to start. I dont want to just force them into stables but its more challenging to book them when they're on their own, they're nearly an afterthought despite being the best workers in the whole company. Atm, I only have the default stables PLUS Lethal RING (Garner, Nakasawa as co-leads, Billy Russell, Gargantuan & Prometheus). I know Slaughterhouse will be getting a makeover soon, NEO Prime has no juniors, NEO-X has a Junior Tag, Senmatsu Gun has a junior tag, The Golden Army has only a junior worker. So I'm mostly looking for thoughts on how to get the four pillars into stables. Or ideas on how to book them without stables.

Senmatsu Gun, The Golden Army & Slaughterhouse will stick around for the foreseeable future. I don't see much for NEO X & Prime. One of them is helmed by over the hill Taira who is basically transitioning into a midcarder. Sakai will takeover at some point but I'd rather he just get his own stable. On the flipside, Ino is also losing his touch & Horri feels very character-less. Would love Horri ideas to flesh him out too.

Status

Are you dead-set against having any of the Pillars with their own stables?

My technique with SJ is basically two-fold. One is I create some new ones. There are of options out there and my Cverse pack has a load of mask renders. So I create a few new ones with some talented younger workers. I really enjoy coming up new variances. Like turning a talent junior I stole into Zero Elemental. Second, if the new juniors are talented and future stars, aligning a couple of them with the Junior Pillars makes a load of sense. Form a tag team, give them the rub, and make a for a run of easy tour matches in various forms.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

All About That Ace

Status

Are you dead-set against having any of the Pillars with their own stables?

My technique with SJ is basically two-fold. One is I create some new ones. There are of options out there and my Cverse pack has a load of mask renders. So I create a few new ones with some talented younger workers. I really enjoy coming up new variances. Like turning a talent junior I stole into Zero Elemental. Second, if the new juniors are talented and future stars, aligning a couple of them with the Junior Pillars makes a load of sense. Form a tag team, give them the rub, and make a for a run of easy tour matches in various forms.
    I'm trying to avoid signing a bunch of people haphazardly. I will for sure having heirs to previous masks but I'm not trying to expand the roster yet. I brought in Billy Russell, & Monday Next only because they were free agents & easy to use without dedicating time or effort to them. Obviously theres an insane amount of talent in Japan especially between SAISHO, EX2010 & BCG but Im aiming for more of a realistic game & to not power sign too much. The game is full of a lot of good workers, it's actually too many to choose from.

I dont mind the Pillars having their own stables. I havent fully decided how the Junior/Heavy hierarchy will work given BHOTWG is heavily carried by the Pillars + Angel now. That said, since I am using CILL guys at a decent regularity, it wouldnt be a bad idea to slot some of their junior-sized workers as temporary stable members if the Pillars did get their own stables.

There's no real shortage of Junior talent to start with though. You have a ton of veterans. Then you have the four pillars. Emerald Angel is there now. You have three decent Junior tag teams in Punk Nasty Club, Rebel X, Helikaon/Ghotst & Kaima/Hiraki. Then you have some Junior young lions too. I also brought in Yuta Isono as a young lion since why not. I could see myself giving him a mask. I do suppose it helps Juniors really stand apart if mostly everyone has masks.

But yeah, Im fine with them having their own stables. While I have your ear, I am thinking about signing two former GCG juniors so I can pair them up & have them be Golden Army's rep in the Junior tag division. I never tried GCG though so Im not familiar. Preferences are obviously talented juniors & tag experience doesnt matter, but I'll take anything. If they're the fall guys of the division, that's fine too.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Chavez View Post
    I'm trying to avoid signing a bunch of people haphazardly. I will for sure having heirs to previous masks but I'm not trying to expand the roster yet. I brought in Billy Russell, & Monday Next only because they were free agents & easy to use without dedicating time or effort to them. Obviously theres an insane amount of talent in Japan especially between SAISHO, EX2010 & BCG but Im aiming for more of a realistic game & to not power sign too much. The game is full of a lot of good workers, it's actually too many to choose from.

I dont mind the Pillars having their own stables. I havent fully decided how the Junior/Heavy hierarchy will work given BHOTWG is heavily carried by the Pillars + Angel now. That said, since I am using CILL guys at a decent regularity, it wouldnt be a bad idea to slot some of their junior-sized workers as temporary stable members if the Pillars did get their own stables.

There's no real shortage of Junior talent to start with though. You have a ton of veterans. Then you have the four pillars. Emerald Angel is there now. You have three decent Junior tag teams in Punk Nasty Club, Rebel X, Helikaon/Ghotst & Kaima/Hiraki. Then you have some Junior young lions too. I also brought in Yuta Isono as a young lion since why not. I could see myself giving him a mask. I do suppose it helps Juniors really stand apart if mostly everyone has masks.

But yeah, Im fine with them having their own stables. While I have your ear, I am thinking about signing two former GCG juniors so I can pair them up & have them be Golden Army's rep in the Junior tag division. I never tried GCG though so Im not familiar. Preferences are obviously talented juniors & tag experience doesnt matter, but I'll take anything. If they're the fall guys of the division, that's fine too.
    Given that Burning Hammer starts with a decent sized roster to begin with, I can understand wanting to avoid bloating it too much.

You coud still do the alliances / sorta stables with some of the existing junior talent. Like connect Elemental III to a couple who you view to have some traditional values, where as someone like Sensational Dragon aligned with someone anti-tradition like the Punk Nasty Club would make some sense. All depends on your characterizations of them.

By memory, Golden Canvas didn't really have a junior division to speak of. They had lighter workers but not separated by division. They kept it very traditional and old school for a long time, which is a big reason behind their decline.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Bought this yesterday running the who real world mod and playing as AEW.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    ​Brayden Bridges

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Bought this yesterday running the who real world mod and playing as AEW.
    Updates please.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Hail To The King

Status

Updates please.

Sure np tho the mods everyone stats are low af I mean wwe is only medium

Spoiler:

​Brayden Bridges

Status

Sure np tho the mods everyone stats are low af I mean wwe is only medium
    Yeah, TheWho generally has slightly slower attributes, which makes things tougher.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Hail To The King

Status

Yeah, TheWho generally has slightly slower attributes, which makes things tougher.
    Yea I'm using that got lot of low scores

Spoiler:

​Brayden Bridges

Status

Yea I'm using that got lot of low scores
    Pretty normal on that one. the other current-day RW mods are a bit easier in that regard.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information