Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE NXT Discussion - April 8, 2020

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

WWE NXT WWE NXT Discussion - April 8, 2020

WWE NXT Preview
    April 8, 2020

Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano set for one final match (yeah fucking right!)

Though Triple H felt that the final showdown between Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano deserved to take place on the biggest stage possible, the two best friends-turned-bitter rivals both agreed that all they needed to settle their score was a ring. So, Triple H is giving them what they want.

Tonight on NXT on USA Network, it will be Blackheart vs. Rebel Heart: One Final Beat. Triple H will give them an empty building with a ring inside and a referee. Two men will enter, and one will stand tall, determining who is the true heart and soul of NXT. But The Game made one thing clear: This is it. If they engage again following this battle, they will both be gone from NXT.

Who will be victorious in the final chapter of NXT’s most personal rivalry?

Ladder match to determine No. 1 Contender to NXT Women's Champion Charlotte

After winning the NXT Women's Championship at WrestleMania, Charlotte Flair will not have to wait long to find out who her top challenger will be. The No. 1 Contender to The Queen will be determined in a six-woman Ladder Match tonight during NXT on USA Network. The bout was originally scheduled to take place at NXT TakeOver: Tampa.

Chelsea Green was the first to qualify, defeating Shotzi Blackheart on the March 4 edition of NXT on USA Network. One week later, Mia Yim qualified with a win over Dakota Kai, and Tegan Nox punched her ticket by defeating Deonna Purrazzo. Io Shirai beat Aliyah to get into the match, and Candice LeRae earned a spot with a win over Kayden Carter on the March 25 edition of NXT.

Dakota Kai claimed the final place in the match by winning a Second Chance Gauntlet Match, pinning Blackheart in the final stage of the battle.

Who will climb to new heights and earn a chance to challenge for the NXT Women's Championship? Find out tonight at 8/7 C on USA Network!
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Re: NXT Takeover: Tampa Bay Card & Discussion

So who was brave enough to watch the 48 minute cinematic Gargano/Ciampa match? I don’t think I will ever have enough free time to watch that.

Shit username since day 1

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Going to put myself through it now because I’m a glutton for punishment.

Also read Mauro is calling it solo, which should be a tour de force lol

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Greece

I'd rather stick a fork in my eye to be honest

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    So who was brave enough to watch the 48 minute cinematic Gargano/Ciampa match? I don’t think I will ever have enough free time to watch that.
    My body is ready

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Shit username since day 1

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Re: WWE NXT Discussion - April 8, 2020

Black Heart vs. Rebel Heart; One Final Beat. An apt name for this, as I felt as if I may just lose the will to live.

So there was no commentary. But that didn’t make much difference as Johnny GarBrando and Tommaso Chaplin delivered in every way imaginable with their own running commentary throughout. While longer than Edge vs Orton, it felt slightly shorter, feeling like one lifetime as opposed to two. Some amazing supporting cast performances here from Drake “Come on T” Younger and Candice LaRae too.

Personal highlights-

Spoiler:

The fight on top on the truck for absolutely no reason.

Gargano using Ciampas crutch to stand in order to deliver a pair of super kicks.

Gargano reaching to try and hold Ciampas hand. Seriously.

Candice showing up and giving her husband a low blow and the two minutes and fifteen seconds of repentance from Ciampa that followed as a result of Candice kicking her own husband in the dick and apologising to Johnny after forty plus minutes of trying to kill him.

It all being a ruse and Candice kicking Ciampa in the balls, with Johnny Acting showing he was wearing a cup all along - calling back to when he showed up for the match and Candice handed him a package before driving off - waving it in Ciampas face and telling him “You lose”.

And finishing Ciampa with his own move onto the exposed canvas.

So after the promise that this would end here in this “undisclosed location”, it actually feels like the story is not over thanks to the interference in the finish. And I think because of that, we all win.

Last edited by Wolf Beast; 04-09-2020 at 08:37 AM.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

I've just realised I will probably have to watch it if it becomes a worst match of the year contender just to vote fairly on the year end awards

Jobber

Status

That’s 50 minutes of my life I’m not getting back. Save yourself the time, imagine everything you’d expect to see in an EPIC Gargano/Ciampa match, you’ll find it in this match.

Have NXT forgotten how to do squash matches? That tag match might’ve been the worst squash match I’ve ever seen. They achieved the exact opposite of whatever it was they were going for in that the big lads looked worse than the team they were beating. I was watching with my missus and I joked to her that I would time it to see how quickly these ‘Behemoths’ would dispatch the cannon fodder, expecting it to go less than 1 minute. Nearly 5 minutes it took. They looked worse with every second the match went by.

NXT has lost something for me. I thought it was the move to 2 hours but it might’ve been before that. Possibly the New Orleans takeover is where it peaked for me. I’m not enjoying it as much as I used to and it’s a shame as it was my favourite tv wrestling by a long stretch.

Apologies for the moan.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

It was very messy with so much overbooking, swerves that come right out of Russo's playbook and acting that comes right out of a primary school play. It's was really bad. I had a good time laughing at it but wow it was awful.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Women’s ladder match was fun and so was Malcolm Bivens’ team getting a squash match. Also, Mauro opening up the show with “Hey all you cool cats and kittens”, I bet he couldn’t wait to use that on commentary after hearing it on Tiger King

If you do watch Ciampa and Gargano, look closely at the very end:
    Spoiler:

Killer Kross and Scarlett Bordeaux.

Watch for it when Candice and Johnny are leaving.
    Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Gargano vs Ciampa - one final beat

Right out the bat, I'm going to come out and say this is not the worst match of the year and not worse than Edge vs Orton. For the simple reason that there were things I genuinely enjoyed about this. I think the lighting is so much better than just showing an empty arena in the background. I thought that they did far more stuff than Edge and Orton, so at the very least stuff was actually happening. And finally, the match wasn't boring, which is more unforgivable than being bad in my book.

Unfortunately that's where my praise ends. For the presentation, my positive comments about the lighting are offset by the fact that the WWE style camera cut ADD was very jarring in this one. I would have enjoyed all the storytelling and call backs ... if they weren't beating me over the head with them, and giving me a running commentary of why certain spots were important. "Oh, I'm attacking your ACL. Remember when you tore your ACL?" FFS, give your audience at least a little bit of credit. It's like if during Return of the Jedi, Luke is beating the shit out of Vader saying "this is what you wanted, huh? For me to turn to the dark side? Like you, my father, did before me? That's what you want isn't it!?" This wasn't a one-off spot, every second of this 48 minute match is talking through their amazing feud and you just know HHH is having a massive wank over how great he thinks this whole feud has been.

Like MC, the over-the-top drama of this match had me laughing my ass off during it. Never seen something take itself so seriously and be so cringeworthy. This is some of the worst "acting" and "storytelling" I think I've ever seen. Even by wrestling standards. There's too many melodramatic spots to talk over, but the fact someone thinks this is good, deep, serious storytelling is legitimately hilarious to me.

Also there's one trope in WWE that needs to die quickly, and it's overly concerned referees. Why is the referee sitting in the corner, shaking at what he's seeing? You can smell Shawn Michaels all over this match.

This absolutely sucked, moreso than any of their other over the top matches, but at least it was perversely entertaining and funny.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

I'm someone who personally really loves Gargano and Ciampa, and I think this forum in particular tends to be irrationally critical of the two at times, especially Gargano. And with all that pretext out there: this match is saved from being the biggest flop this year purely because of the albatross that was Edge v. Orton.

I don't even know where to begin, honestly. It was definitely too long of a match, to the point that I was definitely bored watching it. The trash talking/dialogue between the two was definitely over the top, and I agree with you Shock that it just lacked any subtlety to it. The only thing worse than that was everything to do with Drake. All of his talking during it and over acting about why they're doing this to each other, etc. All he needed to do was shut the fuck up and let them kill each other. The was the point of the match. And only in WWE would you see a match like this and STILL need a God damn ref bump.

The Candace stuff was just stupid. Both her even being involved in the first place, to the "gotcha" swerve with the low blow to Ciampa. It was all just so unnecessary to the match, and then just over acted to death. Gargano's spiel about all the ways Ciampa is a failure and ending it with doing Willow a favor, or whatever, was definitely the worst part of it for me. It was just so cringeworthy in how over the top it was.

Needless to say, HHH, HBK, Gargano, and Ciampa took the best feud in NXT history, to me, and absolutely murdered it with this over produced, terribly acted, "match". It's a real shame how awful this was.

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Out of the rubbish matches we've seen this year, I have no idea how Ciampa/Gargano could be in the discussion- I personally think they deliver every time. Might not be everyone's taste, some times overbooked. Sometimes, well most of the time, too long- but it's never a bad match in my opinion. Both men are solid workers, love what they do- and that always comes across. Compare it with any Goldberg match, or any female match in AEW and it's no comparison to me. Each to their own though! It's about opinions at the end of the day.

So, safe to say- I enjoyed NEARLY ALL of this show.

Women's ladder match was really fun. Some of the spots and bumps were really cool.

I like Bivens with this new team, and they look impressive visually alongside him. A little green, but maybe in time will develop like the AOP did. I hope Bivens get's a couple of 'clients' and forms a kind of Heenan family style faction because with his talking ability he could certainly help a few people down in NXT.

I enjoyed Ciampa/Garagno, I've always enjoyed their matches- and I wasn't even massive fans of them to begin with. Maybe I like that kind of wrestling- even if it is a little overbooked, I get the feeling it means something and I want to invest in the rivalry. I think it helped that I had to watch this show in two parts, pretty much. The presentation and such was kind of cool. The Referee was a bit much at times, but really, I don't care. I didn't like Candace getting involved at all. I thought that really killed the ending to be honest and so that was a little lame. However I can see why they've done that after they walked out at the end of the match and the two people were in the car watching. Hopefully THIS IS the end of the rivalry though- because I don't want to see anymore Haha!
    Last edited by Deco90; 04-11-2020 at 09:03 AM.

WAKE UP

Status

Is Shawn Michaels the worst 'producer' ever in wrestling? I can't think of someone who has done as much to lower their standing post-retirement in that role as him

King EC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Is Shawn Michaels the worst 'producer' ever in wrestling? I can't think of someone who has done as much to lower their standing post-retirement in that role as him
    Considering how many matches he's put together that have been widely acclaimed and adored by tons of modern wrestling fans, I seriously doubt it.

WAKE UP

Status

Which matches were they? I'm not really worried what is 'widely acclaimed'. A lot of terrible shit is widely acclaimed.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I won't say worse. I imagine he has done a great job with most of his matches that go unnoticed but obviously, the bad matches stand out the most.

I'll say this though: I don't think it's a good thing that Shawn gets immediate blame/praise for the matches he produces. You think Pat Patterson being a great producer for finishes and Rumbles but you don't come away with him on the mind.
    Last edited by MC 16; 04-11-2020 at 12:34 PM.

King EC

Status

Which matches were they? I'm not really worried what is 'widely acclaimed'. A lot of terrible shit is widely acclaimed.
    Is that not his job ultimately though? He works for WWE. He's making shit is that digestible and accessible to the common fan. And even if you don't consider that, most TakeOver main event programs prior to Cole vs. Gargano were pretty good no matter what you put them up against. I wouldn't say he's even in the conversation for worst.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Because you were such a high man on Shawn Michaels before he was a producer?

I've hated the mens NXT style for about 2 years now, and Michaels should take some of the blame for that, but Triple H is right there overseeing this shite too. Don't know how his best mate is the fall guy for all this.

WAKE UP

Status

Probably because HHH was there before Michaels started agenting too and it wasn't as bad then. But they both love over-long wankfests so I agree he should catch flak too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information