Thread: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 08/04/2020

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

AEW Dynamite AEW Dynamite On TNT - 08/04/2020

Tonight the AEW TNT Title Tournament kicks off with a first round match between Shawn Spears and Cody. Hikaru Shida takes on Brit Baker in singles action. Kenny Omega teams with Michael Nakazawa to go against the Best Friends, Trent and Chuck Taylor. In addition, "The Exalted One" Brodie Lee is in action tonight!

Last edited by MC 16; 04-08-2020 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Cagematch lied to me. Damn strigga

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 08/04/2020

Britt Baker and Hikaru Shida was match of the night! Best women's match in AEW history thus far. Not sure if Britt's bloody nose was real but it definitely added to the match. Love the spot of going for her Locked Jaw submission hold and asking the official for his glove.

Omega & Nakazawa teaming up for the "Best Friends" name had a couple classic moments that were entertaining. That's the first time I remember seeing Michael Nakazawa in action, or if it wasn't the first, definitely the first time he had a true platform. The tag match with Trent and Taylor was entertaining and hopefully Omega teaming with Nakazawa creates more friction with Hangman Page.

I'm enjoying the Brodie Lee segments. This is definitely a spin on Vince McMahon, which makes it even better. And this guy gets it in the ring. Stared down Marko Stunt the entire time.

Lance Archer's a bad@$$. The money is where he's at! I can't wait to see him obliterate Colt Cabana in the opening round.

Cody and Spears had a decent match. Didn't get any favors having to follow the women's and tag match, but they got it done. The finish was a shocker even if the winner was not. First time I've ever seen a finish like that!

Grateful for having Chris Jericho on commentary. He managed to have more screw-ups than Tom Phillips and Byron Saxton, but I didn't care a bit because he's a genius talker. And he definitely added to the matches with the lighthearted fun aspect... and kudos for him referring to the ex-WWE superstar Cody Rhodes.

Moxley and Hager in an "empty arena" No Holds Barred match next week. Assuming they'll move out the eight wrestlers that huddle around the ring for this one, maybe even the commentators. I can't imagine Moxley losing the title this soon, so it appears Hager's undefeated streak ends at the hands of the AEW World Champion.

WAKE UP

Status

Hager has had 2 matches, them promoting it as an undefeated streak is a bit much. That said, the 'real sports feel' video packages have been great and I'm actually interested to see how the match plays out.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I also dug the video package for the match. Hager, who struggles with most forms of talking, came off really well. It felt natural and it made me feel more intrested in the match. This is the type of packages and promos they should do more often. I thought Shida vs Britt Baker was fine. A little uneven with some parts of the match being good, some parts being a bit rough. Credit to Baker continuing the match with her nose turning into a faucet. Cody vs Spears was better than their first match but I wasn't too fond of it. The matches I didn't love, but they were all servicable. The Archer squash was good though. Brodie Lee has been very underwhelming. His gear looked very unflattering. And the Dark Order segements are dead in my eyes. Hopefully he can recover because he's doing nothing for me so far.

Also Jericho on commentary was hilarious.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Lance Archer kills people. I love these squashes.

I thought Britt Vs Shida was really good! It gets a bit of a bump for the gross nose break, but even before that happened I was into the match and thought it was the most solid I've ever seen Britt. One of the best womens matches they've ever had. Rose Vs Shida should feel important when it eventually happens.

I would of liked some kind of explanation as to why Omega was with Nakazawa and not his tag champ partner, but that was fine, comedy based tag match.

I've had enough of the Mr. Brodie Lee character and his issues with Vince already.

Cody Vs Shawn was ok, but utterly predictable. Has to be a Cody/Archer final right? That's gonna feel like a big match when they get to it.

Loved the video packages throughout the show, I am now kinda interested in Moxley/Hager.

With Jericho on commentary there's a bit of a trade off. He can be funny, has good chemistry with Tony and gives the show a lot of energy, but he's also overbearing at the same time and the show doesn't sound as professional as it did last week with Cody on commentary.

Status
      Country                    United States

Can someone tell me the last time someone lost a match via pinfall while locked in the figure four? I don’t think I’ve ever seen that in my life time....until now.

Backyarder

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTiger View Post
    Can someone tell me the last time someone lost a match via pinfall while locked in the figure four? I don’t think I’ve ever seen that in my life time....until now.
    I said the exact same thing when that happened! Never seen that before. I’ve always questioned the ref counting when that scenario is happening as the wrestler in the hold isn’t having their shoulders pinned. Very surprising to see the 3 count.

As for the rest of the show I found it very enjoyable. Another lovely Archer squash, decent tag match and main event, Jericho being hilarious on commentary. Pineapple Pete!

From what I’ve seen of her that might’ve been Britt Baker’s best showing so far. Really good match with Shida and I liked her post match promo as well. She seems to have hit her stride character-wise, if her in-ring work keeps improving they could have a star on their hands.

Thread Information