Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2020 Worst Womens Wrestler of the Year Ongoing Discussion

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Re: 2020 Worst Womens Wrestler of the Year Ongoing Discussion

But surely that’s the match itself and this should be judged on the workers? I think the handling of that storyline has been off, I’m hoping it doesn’t become a fully fledged feud but I don’t think that the two of the would be deemed the worst women’s wrestler.

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    United States

Can I throw Nia Jax in for the running? I don't know why but she just always seems like she doesn't even care she's IN the company. Let alone that half the time I see her in the ring I don't know if they're trying to make it look like it's effortless for her but shes just comes off lazy with her work.

Cardcaptor

Status

Nia Jax is absolutely awful and a threat to anyone she's in the ring with. She has absolutely zero talent in the ring, to boot. Throw in a boring character if she even has one.

She's definitely my pick.
    Everything will surely be alright.

Dr. PushLinceDorado

Status

I'll also say Natalya. Overall, she has just been down the drain, and plus being paired in a horrible team with Lana. She's not gonna end up leaving because she's a Hart, but like come on. She could do so much better in other companies, or just staying on the indies.

Or we could pick Nia Jax, both work either way.

Fire Walk with Me

Status

I disagree, Natalya is a stalwart of the divsion and she is always sidelined. Prior to the Horsewoman days, people were hailing Nattie and Beth Phoenix as the best women wrestlers. This category is about the worst women's wrestler, having a bad storyline or angle doesn't make the wrestler bad, it just means the company misues them. Nia, who actively has injured people versus someone lumbered with a crap gimmick? There's not much of a competition, especially when you throw some of the previous names into the mix - Brandi Rhodes, Session Moth Marina etc. I'd even put Lana ahead of Natalya in this category or Katie Forbes, Alisha Edwards.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

To me, Natalya was similar to Dolph Ziggler in how they used to be one of the best of their divisions. There was a severe lack of quality among their compatriots during their peaks (early 2010) but if you compare them to better wrestlers, aka the influex of talent that came as the 2010 decade progressed, they aren't nearly as good. Natalya is far from the worst women (I've not watched a ton of 2020 WWE but I'm willing to bet that she hasn't been that bad) but she isn't any good either. I do agree that she is misused though. I'd much rather see her back on NXT wrestling the lesser experienced women. It helped fill that gap in the early days of NXT, something that she should get credit for despite my previous comments, so I wouldn't mind see her in that role again.

Status

Yeah, Natalya isn't really on my radar for this. Besides the fact that Nia Jax pretty much has this zipped up as far as WWE's women are concerned, and that Lana has been wrestling somewhat regularly and isn't really good at it, I'd also call Liv Morgan into question before Natty. She has a much more limited in ring skillset, and arsenal. She's basically only useful for getting mangled as far as I can discern. And her promo skills? As dry as Natty can be, Liv just seems straight up uncomfortable when she's asked to speak. For me, Nia, Liv and Lana are definitely sitting atop my shortlist.

Fire Walk with Me

Status

I know that I've also previously said that one match doesn't define a wrestlers whole talent/skill. For me, both Billie and Peyton have proven themselves as capable of more than what they currently offer, especially with some of the NXT work. However, saying that I don't know whether this past week was particularly off or whether I just have never seen much to Xia Li other than than same moves again and again. Don't get me wrong, I think this was one of Kacy's weaker matches but I at least feel her MYC stuff redeemed her somewhat. Li shouts a lot but her matches are very formulaic. Is she the worst? Probably not but just another name to throw out there.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

After seeing Peyton in the previous match mentioned against Billie and her team with Lacey this past week, I am doubling down on Peyton Royce for this.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Praying Alexa gets to work one match this year as the Fiendress so I can vote that garbage angle in this.

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

Status

It's Nia Jax and it's not even close.

WAKE UP

Status

I think I'd rather watch Nia Jax than anyone on the AEW female roster even if she is technically worse than some of them. She atleast offers something different and knows how to work to her size

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

There are probably some that are less interesting to watch but Nia literally can't do basic moves without injuring people so as much as I dislike the Peytons and Nylas and Swoles of the world even I have to go against someone who is literally so trash as to be legitimately dangerous. Also she's a bad promo to boot.

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    There are probably some that are less interesting to watch but Nia literally can't do basic moves without injuring people so as much as I dislike the Peytons and Nylas and Swoles of the world even I have to go against someone who is literally so trash as to be legitimately dangerous. Also she's a bad promo to boot.
    This. This was more my point than anything.

Fire Walk with Me

Status

I’m sorry, I 100% see where you’re coming from with Nia but she’s been like this for years and somehow never won the award so there must be something going for her. After watching Brandi confront Jade Cargill last week in that god awful segment and her trying to ‘mentor’ Red Velvet (who is already better than she is), I’m still pushing Brandi for this.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Looking Glass View Post
    I’m sorry, I 100% see where you’re coming from with Nia but she’s been like this for years and somehow never won the award so there must be something going for her. After watching Brandi confront Jade Cargill last week in that god awful segment and her trying to ‘mentor’ Red Velvet (who is already better than she is), I’m still pushing Brandi for this.
    Brandi was the sole highlight of that entire segment what're you talking about lol

Fire Walk with Me

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Brandi was the sole highlight of that entire segment what're you talking about lol

Sense. If she was the sole highlight, I think that says a lot about the segment.

Brandi suddenly heading towards 'yo mama' territory was beyond cringeworthy.
    Last edited by Looking Glass; 11-16-2020 at 03:17 PM.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Big Swole is pretty damn terrible in every single way. Cant do anything half decently, but does dumb things like mean mugging AEW's monsters like Archer.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    Big Swole is pretty damn terrible in every single way. Cant do anything half decently, but does dumb things like mean mugging AEW's monsters like Archer.
    This pisses me off to no end. I remember her doing it to Brodie as well when he destroyed Cody.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

It’s funny how this week she stepped up to Jade and was far less convincing than Brandi of all people.

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information