Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 25/03/2020

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 25/03/2020

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    The shots ar Vince were when he said " Nobody eats before Daddy eats" and then the sneeze thing, which is a riff off of several superstars stating that they were depushed because they sneezed and that Vince has actually said that sneezing is a form of weakness.
    I’ve never heard of this. Do you know who said it? Sounds like something Ryback would complain about.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    The shots ar Vince were when he said " Nobody eats before Daddy eats" and then the sneeze thing, which is a riff off of several superstars stating that they were depushed because they sneezed and that Vince has actually said that sneezing is a form of weakness.
    Can we take a moment to appreciate the fact that Wrestlers in the WWE have to appease/please an old man that thinks sneezing is a weakness and a valid excuse to not push someone. Explains why talent and hard work means less than nothing in that company.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTiger View Post
    I’ve never heard of this. Do you know who said it? Sounds like something Ryback would complain about.
    The sneezing thing has legitimately been a known Vince-ism for several years. I seem to recall even Stephanie saying he was mad at her for doing it in a meeting. It’s something to do with him not being in control, which makes sense given everything else we know about the man.

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    Can we take a moment to appreciate the fact that Wrestlers in the WWE have to appease/please an old man that thinks sneezing is a weakness and a valid excuse to not push someone. Explains why talent and hard work means less than nothing in that company.
    Maybe they just have to work harder at not sneezing?

I’m now starting to envision a world where all of Vince’s booking decisions are entirely based on whether or not someone has sneezed in his vicinity. Rusev was on the fast track until he sneezed, so Cena, who’s never sneezed by the way, had to go over him at ‘Mania. Roman Reigns has obviously never sneezed, nor has Brock Lesnar or Goldberg. On the other side of the coin, it’s clear that Zack Ryder has permanent hay fever.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Good God, everything must irritate Cesaro's nose.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    England

Considering a few weeks ago AEW held what many people may consider a MOTY candidate match, a match laden with high quality wrestling and storytelling built on a nuanced feud, the Broken Matt stuff becomes more jarring by the week. I don’t mind it as much as some, but for something as zany and supernatural based as this to be featured this prominently in a company claiming to offer an alternative to the sports entertainment product of WWE seems like a backward step. I’d say they’re getting a lot of things right, but I can’t see a way that this will be one of them. I’d like to be proven wrong though.

WAKE UP

Status

I think the Broken Matt push will be short-term. It was a coincidence it happened the same time they are doing empty arena shows and can therefore maybe get away with doing more goofball/experimental stuff, but I wouldn't expect him to be in the main event for long. Matt knows his body isn't that level and his biggest asset and his passion seems to be his creative input. I fully expect him to settle into maybe a manager or faction leader role by the end of the year where he does minimal wrestling, puts a lot of ideas forward and helps elevate other guys. Could be wrong though.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I loved and hated the Hardy/Jericho segment. I can buy into Matt as a mentally "broken" wrestler with schizophrenia who's come up with this persona and is being enabled by Jeff, his family and those around him because it makes him stronger and more confident. I can also buy into anything that's filmed at the Hardy Compound is edited by Broken Matt to make him appear to have magical abilities. What I can't buy into is Jericho playing along with cutting a promo on Vanguard-1 and reacting to the awfully-edited teleportation as if it actually happened. I don't like it when Kane and Taker have supernatural powers either, except ones that can easily be easily assumed they intimidated production workers into doing their bidding with the lights, pyro, music etc.

So pretty much anything after we got past the teleportation, I was cool with. They basically came out and said it was an experiment because they wouldn't have an opportunity to do something like that unless it was an empty arena. I still think it was a bad idea even in this context and I can move past it if they don't reference or show it again, like the Nightmare Collective.

I do love the Broken Matt character, but I prefer his in-ring appearances to be more grounded than the pre-taped segments.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Status
      Country                    United States

Matt Hardy tweeted: “We left The Maker of Pain @IAmJericho absolutely MENTALLY INTERCOURSED after you & the Aerial Assault Robots FLAWLESSLY projected my plan”.

So him and the official twitter for AEW are saying he did not teleport, but it was all a masterful manipulation of visualization. While that’s all well and good, it would be hard to pull off how they did it in front of a live crowd.

I find it very stupid, but I’m mildly entertained none the less.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information