Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HWA: Hardcore Wrestling Alliance (WC's Interactive BTB)

Very Important Lobster

Status
      Country                    United States

HWA: Hardcore Wrestling Alliance (WC's Interactive BTB)

(Credit: BattleTank)

IN THE BEGINNING

After the announcement of Paul Heyman's new Hardcore wrestling project, Paul has managed to sign names from all over the globe, and as he promised, he didn't sign any big names, but instead stuck to signing what he might consider the working class of Pro Wrestling. After signing over 40 independent wrestlers to full time contracts, Paul Heyman invited the media to another press conference to make a major announcement regarding the future of HWA.

"Thank you all for joining me today. I've been very pleased with the roster of the best, most under utilized, hardcore wrestlers in the world. The word hardcore, to me, can mean a multitude of things, but I believe that everyone I've signed to this roster, one way or another, is what defines hardcore. Now, we're not done yet. Myself and my scouts will continue to search far and wide for the type of professional wrestlers that we want on our roster.

Now, with that being said, I wanted you all here to be able to make an announcement regarding the future of HWA. Our first weekly television show, Anarchy, will be debuting by this time next week, and we will be debuting with a bang. Being that the NCAA did not have March Madness this year, I figure, why not take a concept that has been loved for decades, and make it my own? The first several weeks of Anarchy, as well as exclusive content that will be put on our YouTube channel, will revolve around a 64 man tournament, single elimination, with the last man standing being crowned the first EVER HWA Heavyweight Champion of the World. I believe everyone here, be it if they are in a tag team or on their own, their goal should be to one day hold that title. And I want this title to be as prestigious as any championship in the world. This is just the beginning of that."

[SIGN UP HERE]

EPISODES

Very Important Lobster

Status

Re: HWA: Hardcore Wrestling Alliance (WC's Interactive BTB)

In an interview posted on HWA's website, Paul Heyman had another announcement to make in regards to the HWA Quest For Gold March Madness style tournament. Heyman announced that on HWA's debut episode of Anarchy, it will feature the second round of the tournament, to the point that we would be down to 32 wrestlers remaining. So the question became, where would the first round take place? Heyman announced that the first round of the tournament would take place over HWA's house show loop over the next few days as they tour the north east in the US. In response to those questioning why Heyman decided to make that decision, Heyman had this to say "I made this decision in an effort to push something that I've always believed in; TV time is earned, not given. I want my TV audience to get the best in ring product as possible, and I believe the best way to do that would be to start with the second round."

It was also announced that several of the first round match ups taking place at live events would be uploaded to HWA's YouTube channel.

And on top of all of these announcements made by Paul Heyman, we also got to see our first look at the official brackets for the HWA Quest For Gold Tournament.
    HWA Quest For Gold North:

Spoiler:

HWA Quest For Gold East:

Spoiler:

HWA Quest For Gold South:

Spoiler:

HWA Quest For Gold West

Spoiler:

For anyone reading this without a clue who any of these people are, be sure to check out the sign up thread to get a feel for what some of these characters are about. And while you're there if you want to create a character as well, that would be great.

I'm going to be doing some summaries of first round match ups, but they'll mostly be quick because a few of them I just had to put random jobbers into it. The ones I recap more will be the ones that have two actual characters in it.

If anyone wants to play along though with some predictions:

Who will be the best Cinderella story (low seed that goes far into the tournament)?

Who will make it to the Final 4 (winner of each bracket)?

Who will survive the gauntlet and become the first ever HWA Champion? (don't just choose your character)

creatively drained artist

Status
      Country                    Turkey

Who will be the best Cinderella story (low seed that goes far into the tournament): Mr. Graves (how far are we talking about? if you consider winning two matches far then yeah i'm going with him)

Who will make it to the Final 4 (winner of each bracket):
    Mikey James, Twister Excel, Alex Mercury, Harrison Wake

Who will survive the gauntlet and become the first ever HWA Champion? (don't just choose your character)
    : Harrison Wake
    Du bindest einen Blumenkranz...
    ...wieso siehst du so traurig aus?

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Brackets are looking good, Broc. Let's see how many of these predictions I get dead wrong.

Who will be the best Cinderella story?

The best Cinderella Story is the underdog face with a lot of heart (I mean it's called a Cinderella Story not a Evil Stepmother Story) so I'll give the nod to D'Andre Briggs.

Who will make it to the Final 4?

North Bracket - The Comedian
    East Bracket - PAPA
    South Bracket - Jordan King
    West Bracket - Harrison Wake

Who will survive the gauntlet and become the first ever HWA Champion?

Gonna go with The Comedian. Seems like a good fit for Heyman's new thing.

Spoiler:

I'm not good at signatures.

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Who will be the best Cinderella story (low seed that goes far into the tournament)
    : Damn, you and your american terms, I'm going to chance my arm say Trevor Walker might go far.

Who will make it to the Final 4 (winner of each bracket):
    North Bracket - Oh, this is rough, I'm torn between Dimitri Rostova and Trevor Walker, Dimitri seems like a great monster heel, but out of the entire roster I can see Trevor being the most natural heel on the roster, I'm going to take a punt, and say Trevor Walker, but I think both should be major players
    East Bracket - : Carlos Alberto Ramon
    South Bracket - This is another rough one; I think Alex Mercury looks like a good shout, but I also like Jordan King or Scorpio
    West Bracket - Harrison Wake I think he's the one to beat, but if it comes down to it I can see Cain Walker making a baby face run

Who will survive the gauntlet and become the first ever HWA Champion? (don't just choose your character): Harrison Wake
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

Very Important Lobster

Status

Results from HWA's first live event in Philadelphia, PA, have been posted on HWA's website, and select matches were posted on their official YouTube Channel. (this will be a quick recap of the first round. The 2nd round will be a part of HWA's Anarchy Television Show and will be written in greater detail)

Here are the results from the show that did not make the cut on YouTube

Ben Barker def. Jamie King in a Quest For Gold North Round 1 Match

Aaron Harrows def. Mike Jernigan in a Quest For Gold North Round 1 Match

Broc Lobster defeated Timmy Smith in a Quest For Gold North Round 1 Match

Axel Riley defeated James Ellsworth in a Quest For Gold North Round 1 Match
    HWA on YouTube, Live Event Results from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, February 26, 2020

Match 1: Round 1 Quest For Gold North; Dimitiri Rostova vs. Johnny Miracle

The drastic size difference certainly came into play here, with Johnny Miracle standing 5'7" and weighing 185 lbs, up against the big bad Russian Dimitri Rostova, standing 7'1" and weighing 285 lbs. Johnny tries his hardest to use his advantage in quickness to briefly evade any onslaught from Rostova, and is doing so fairly successfully early on, hitting multiple drop kicks and even hitting a basement drop kick to the knees of Rostova which momentarily take him to the ground. Miracle would climb to the top rope and try a missile drop kick on Rostova, but the big Russian swats him out of the air, and from there it was all over. Rostova throws Miracle around pillar to post with multiple beals, flipping Johnny around like a pancake. Johnny lands on his neck on one of them, and another Dimitri throws him with so much force that Johnny does a full 360 in the air before a violent crash to the mat. Dimitri gets a sickening grin on his face, and is seemingly amused by the ease he is able to throw Johnny around. He lifts Johnny up and hits a power bomb, but keeps hands locked onto Johnny so that immediately after hitting the canvas, Rostova lifts right back up plants him with a running sit out power bomb. Rostova goes for the pin, but lifts Miracle up at 2, laughing to himself before clutching his huge palms around the neck of Johnny, lifting him up high above his head, and planting him with a vicous double handed chokeslam. Rostova places his boot nonchalantly on the chest of Johnny Miracle as the ref counts to 3.

Winner: Dimitri Rostova
    Time: 2:30
    Match 2: Round 1 Quest For Gold North: Trevor Walker vs. The Millennial

Trevor Walker makes his way to the ring as The Millennial is already in the ring. The Millennial is an average looking guy, 5'10", short black hair, wearing basic white trunks. As Trevor Walker makes his way to the ring, staring daggers through The Millennial and shakes his head in absolute disgust. Trevor goes to get in the ring, but he can't help himself, and grabs a mic from ringside. He continues to shake his head as he enters the ring with the mic.

Walker: You make me absolutely sick.

The crowd boos as Walker continues

Walker: No, I'm not talking about you guys, while you also make me sick, this guy... The Millennial? Are you kidding me? How did you decide that that would be your name? To me, calling yourself "The Millennial", you might as well just walk out here and say "I am entitled to be here, and I don't want to work hard to earn my spot, I want it handed to me, just like I've had everything else in my privileged life handed to me!"

Let me tell you something kid, I've been in the wrestling business since the 80s. I'm the best god damn kept secret of the territories! I've seen the best and worst of them come and go, and you know what all of the best have in common? They started from the ground floor and worked their ass off to get to the top, just like I did! And now you, and all these other 'rasslers in their 20s, think they can come into our business, and shit all over the industry that people like me worked their asses off to build, and that makes me sick!

And you know what else really pisses me off with people like you? I cannot stand h-

Trevor Walker cuts himself off and bashes the microphone into the head of The Millennial. The Millennial falls to the ground as the ref yells at Walker before checking in on the Millennial as the crowd boos. Walker gloats raising his arms in the air, but then goes up to the referee to say "He forfeits, that means I win!" However, The Millennial wouldn't go down that easy. As Trevor had his back turned The Millennial jumps up from the ground and tackles Walker to the ground, reigning down punches on him and the ref calls for the bell to start the match.

The Millennial has now been fueled by anger and goes on a tear, taking Walker down with clothesline after clothesline as Trevor Walker bumps and feeds for them. The Millennial finishes it off with a high drop kick connecting right to the jaw of Trevor Walker. The Millennial let's out a scream of "let's go!" to the crowd as he pumps his fist and the crowd cheers him on. The Millennial stalks Walker waiting for him to get up, Walker begins to get up, but then the veteran instinct kicks in and he rolls to the outside of the ring as the crowd boos.

Walker gathers himself for a moment before standing back up on the apron, and goes to the turnbuckle and begins untying the turnbuckle pad. The ref sees this and immediately goes to put the turnbuckle pad back on. Walker steps away from the turnbuckle, still on the apron, as the Millennial meets him at the ropes to try to throw Walker back in the ring, but Walker hits The Millennial with cheap shot thumb to the eye as the ref couldn't see it. Walker gets back in the ring, hits a sit out pile driver on The Millennial and goes for the pin as the ref counts the fall to three, advancing Trevor Walker to the next round. Walker smirks as the ref raises his hand, with his other hand he points to his head, to infer that he outsmarted The Millennial. Boos fill the arena as Walker gloats and exits to the back.

Winner: Trevor Walker
    Time: 3:00
    Match #3 Round 1 Quest For Gold North: Mikey James vs. KJ James

Mikey James makes his way to the ring, announced as "Machine" Mikey James. Afterward out comes KJ James, who comes out with a mic. He cuts a short promo, mocking Mikey and making fun of the hometown crowd and the 76ers or something like that. He vows that in his first match in HWA, he is going to make Mikey James tap out.

KJ makes his way to the ring and the match begins. KJ offers out a hand shake for Mikey, which KJ quickly rescinds brushing his hand away and laughing. Mikey doesn't take this for long as he connects with a straight right hand to the face of KJ. Mikey gets on a roll, throwing knife edge chops, clotheslines, and elbow strikes to KJ. As KJ hits the deck Mikey runs up to the turnbuckle and leaps to the top from the inside of the ring making it look ever so graceful, then coming off the top and planting KJ with a leg drop to the chest. This leg drop hit different than any other leg drop though, as you can KJ roll to the outside of the ring, gasping for air. He appears to have had the wind knocked out of him. Mikey wouldn't let the assault on KJ stop though as runs off the ropes and plants KF with a suicide dive out to the floor.

Mikey fires up the crowd and throws KJ into the ring, then comes running into the ring and landing a standing leg drop this time, still taking a lot out of KJ, more than a regular leg drop would. Mikey rolls over into a cover for a near fall, as KJ is completely baffled at what is happening to him. Mikey props up KJ and puts him in the corner, and comes charging at KJ looking for a drop kick, but KJ is able to evade and hang Mikey upside down in the tree of woe in the turnbuckle. KJ realizes now is his chance to get some offense in, and reigns down kicks to chest of Mikey. With Mikey still hung up, KJ goes to the outside and starts kicking at the legs of Mikey, before pulling at his ankle, trying to force pressure on his lower legs. KJ pushes Mikey down and back into the ring, before coming back in and laying down some Randy Orton esque stomps to Mikey. Stomping down on knees of Mikey, the ankles, the arms, and one to the head for good measure.

Mikey begins to crawl his way up, but KJ puts him in a headlock. From this point for the next few minutes KJ takes over and halts Mikey's momentum, keeping him in holds and keeping him grounded. Mikey seemingly is able to break free and bounces off the ropes, but is met by a drop toe hold from KJ, leading into the submission KJ has been setting up for all match; The Ankle Lock. KJ locks it in, and it's in deep. KJ wrenches back with all his might, and the camera gets a close up of Mikey's face, and he's... he's smiling. In fact, he doesn't appear to be in any pain at all. Mikey turns the hold around and kicks KJ off of him, follows up with an irish whip into the corner, and then stuns KJ with running dropkick to the face, as KJ falls to the mat, out like a light. Mikey rolls over into the cover as the ref counts three, advancing Mikey to the 2nd round.

Winner: Mikey James
    Time: 7:45
    MAIN EVENT: Match #4 Round 1 HWA Quest For Gold North: The Comedian vs. Nikola Orlov

The Comedian and Nikola Orlov have both made their way to the ring, and the match begins. The Comedian, who stands 5'11" and weighs a whopping 109 lbs, has an angry, determined look on his face, as he stares daggers through Nikola Orlov, who should be the overwhelming favorite of this fight by size advantage alone, as he stands 6'7" and weighs 240 lbs. An 8" height advantage, and a 130 lb weight advantage, both on the side of "The Red Eagle."

Orlov sees The Comedian staring daggers right through him, which Nikola cannot help but smile and give a slight chuckle. The Comedian walks up to Orlov, standing face to face, or well, face to chest, with the big man. Orlov continues to find amusement in this, and pats The Comedian on the head like a little dog. But this dog had bite, as The Comedian was fed up with this, grabs the hand of Orlov and bites his middle finger. Orlov's face of amusement and laughter quickly turns to that of shock and pain as The Comedian, like a crazed dog, is sinking his teeth down on the finger of Orlov. Orlov is able to escape and backs off to the ropes, and looks back at The Comedian giving a kind of "da fuck is your problem?" look, as the camera closes up on Orlov's hand to show bite marks around his finger. The Comedian wouldn't stop there as he runs at Orlov and drop kicks him, sending Orlov over the second rope and landing on his feet at the floor. The Comedian takes a moment to hype up the crowd, then hits the ropes and dives over the top with a suicide dive.

Orlov isn't fazed though, as he catches The Comedian out of the air and lifts him up in a guerrilla press. Orlov walks slowly to the post on the outside of the ring, with The Comedian high in the air over his head. Just when Orlov is about to toss The Comedian into the post, The Comedian gets a hold of Nikola's middle finger, the same one he bit earlier, and bends it backwards like what you would see in a Pete Dunne match. Orlov lets out a slight shriek of pain as The Comedian is able to jump down to the floor. Standing behind Orlov, The Comedian runs and pushes Orlov face first into the post. The Comedian then continues his reckless assault, putting Orlov's hand in between the stairs and the ring post, before then kicking the stairs, smashing Orlov's hand between them and the ring post.

As Orlov sits on the ground in pain, The Comedian goes over to ring side and steals a chair from the time keeper's area. He hits Orlov with a chair shot to the chest as he's grounded, then one to the back as Orlov was on all fours trying to get back to his feet. The Comedian then places Orlov's hand on the steel steps, holding his hand down with his foot, and then reigns down a sickening chair shot, connecting to Nikola's hand on the steps. Orlov is in deep trouble here as The Comedian is locked in, tossing Orlov back into the ring, and then climbing back in, with chair still in hand.

The Comedian stocks Orlov, waiting for him to get up as The Comedian holds the steel chair up, perhaps looking for one of his patented crushing blows to the head of Orlov. Orlov stumbles up to his feet, and The Comedian looks for the kill shot, swinging the chair with all of his might right towards Orlov's head. Orlov is able to evade the shot though, as The Comedian stumbles to the corner due to immense force he was putting behind that chair shot. After The Comedian gains his balance, he runs right at Orlov with the Chair, but Nikola gets up a big boot, connecting with the steel chair right into The Comedian's head.

As Orlov's facial expression earlier in this match was that of smug confidence, his face now as he looks down at The Comedian is that of anger and rage. Orlov yells down at The Comedian, with his thick Russian accent, "It's over now you little bitch!" Orlov picks up the chair, and hits a sickening shot to the lower back of The Comedian. And then as he's still down, another. And another, and another, and another, all connecting to the lower back of The Comedian. The crowd is in shock and discomfort as The Comedian is in clear agony. Orlov steps away from the Comedian, and looks out to the crowd, holding the chair high over his head, proud of what he's done.

To Orlov's surprise though, The Comedian, on hands and knees, crawls toward Orlov. The Comedian looks up at Orlov, clearly in excruciating pain, and says "Is that all you got?" Orlov kicks The Comedian back down to the canvas, and then reigns down another sickening blow to the back of The Comedian. Orlov is stunned by the resilience of The Comedian, and is now feeling like he needs to put this guy down to be able to win this match. After mostly targeting the back of The Comedian, Orlov turns his focus to a different body part, as he traps The Comedian's foot inside the steel chair. Focusing on the heel of The Comedian, perhaps setting up for a submission later, Orlov stomps down on the chair, closing it on the heel and foot of The Comedian. He stomps down again, and again, and then lifts up the chair, which is halfway mangled at this point, and reigns downs chair shots on the foot and heel of The Comedian.

Comedian is in trouble here, as Orlov smells blood in the water, and looks to end this fight for good, locking The Comedian in a Heel Hook submission. The wear and tear that Orlov has already put on the heel of The Comedian, combined with this excruciating hold, The Comedian has nowhere to go in the center of the ring. The Comedian screams out in agony, as Orlov is twisting and turning his heel with all of his might, but The Comedian will not give up. He manages to scratch and claw his way to the ropes, pulling both his and Orlov's body weight, but this being no DQ means no rope breaks. The Comedian scratches his way further, with his upper body hanging over the apron, reaches down under the ring and gets his hands on something.

Orlov sees what The Comedian is trying to do, and drags The Comedian back into the ring, with the hold still applied. But Orlov would quickly find out that The Comedian was able to get his hands on a fire extinguisher, as he turns around and blasts Orlov right in the face with. Orlov is stunned as the ring clears of smoke, The Comedian hobbles his way back to his feet, fire extinguisher still in hand. He hits Orlov with a shot right to the gut with the fire extinguisher, followed by one connecting to the back of Orlov, sending him crashing to the ground. The Comedian's face of pain and agony, for a brief moment turns into a grin, as he looks down at the steel chair on the canvas, which is mangled beyond use. The Comedian instead goes to ringside, hobbling his way out of the ring to grab a fresh steel chair.

The Comedian gets his weapon of choice and then hobbles his way back to the ring as Orlov is trying to make his way back to his feet. The Comedian is once again looking for his signature brutal steel chair shot to the head, but Orlov once again was ready for it, as he wraps one of his big paws around the throat of The Comedian before he's able to get the chair shot off. The chair falls to the ground as The Comedian gasps for air, and Orlov plants him with a sickening choke slam. The Comedian's head bounces off the canvas in whiplash, and he appears to be out cold. Orlov falls down into a pin.

1!
    2!
    But The Comedian is able to roll his shoulder off the mat right before the count of three! Orlov is not pleased. What he thought would be a walk in the park has turned into an all out war, and the frustration is beginning to boil over. Orlov rolls to the outside of the ring, going underneath the ring to pull out a table. He slides the table in the ring, and sets it up, just a couple feet from the turnbuckle. Orlov then picks up The Comedian, lifting him up and placing him on the turnbuckle nearest to the table. Orlov then scales up the ropes himself. Nikola lifts The Comedian high over his head, in a guerrilla press, while standing on the top turnbuckle. A crash from this high into a table would certainly finish off The Comedian. As Orlov transitions the guerrilla press into a power slam though, the Comedian is able to slide off the back planting his feet on the turnbuckle behind him. With the damage that was done earlier to the Comedian's heel, he isn't able to keep his balance, and as he's falling tackles Orlov from behind, sending both men crashing though the table.

A very ugly fall through the table leaves both men out cold in the rubble that remains of the table. About 30 seconds go by, and it's The Comedian who is gaining his wits about him. He crawls on his hands and knees, but instead of trying to cover Orlov, picks up the steel chair he had tried to use earlier on Orlov. However, this time, The Comedian takes the chair, and as he gingerly makes his way to his feet, only really putting any pressure on one leg, he climbs to the top turnbuckle, basically hopping his way up there, positioned on the top turnbuckle behind Orlov, who is now finally starting to stir. Orlov slowly makes his way back to his feet, facing away from The Comedian, and Nikola is both dazed and confused as The Comedian is nowhere to be seen from his perspective.

Orlov slowly turns around, and just as he's able to see The Comedian, it was already too late, as The Comedian jumps off the top rope, with steel chair in hand and hits the most sickly steel chair shot you will ever see, right to the dome of Orlov. The steel chair bends over the head of Orlov, and is wrapped around him, as Nikola falls backwards, crashing and burning straight down to the canvas, out cold. The Comedian falls over into the cover.

1!
    2!
    3!

Winner: The Comedian
    Time: 20:35

The crowd cheers for The Comedian getting a huge, hard fought win, as they've just witnessed an all out war. The Comedian makes it back to his feet, briefly celebrating as the crowd goes nuts for him. The Comedian is battered and bruised, showing welts on his back from chair shots, he can hardly walk to the damage done to his heel and ankle, but he smiles, as he knows he has moved onto the second round of this tournament. And if the next rounds are going to be as tough for The Comedian as this one, he better stock up on ice packs.

The Comedian hobbles out of the ring, shares some high fives and some hugs with fans before making his way back up the ramp as the show comes to a close.

It's not much, but I'm happy with the main event and how it portrayed both characters. Let me know what you thought, and I'll be trying to get these round 1 match ups knocked out as soon as possible.

Status

yeah man, what can I say? This is all good shit, and I'm hooked, I'm invested and I'm with it

Also match with C and DO, Christ that Chair shot was gnarly.

Also would Mikey James be better as a heel? I feel like metal legs gives him an advantage like Lex..meh, he's charming he'll make it work
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

Very Important Lobster

Status

Quote Originally Posted by An Original Name View Post
    yeah man, what can I say? This is all good shit, and I'm hooked, I'm invested and I'm with it

Also match with C and DO, Christ that Chair shot was gnarly.

Also would Mikey James be better as a heel? I feel like metal legs gives him an advantage like Lex..meh, he's charming he'll make it work
    Appreciate that man.

I think it definitely could make Mikey heel down the line. Realistically I think people would be sympathetic at first, and then eventually grow tired of it when it stinks in how much of an advantage he has.

Very Important Lobster

Status

HWA on YouTube Live Event Results from Pittsburgh, PA, February 28, 2020

Unaired Results:

Maxwell Knight def. Colin Delaney in a Round 1 Quest For Gold South Match

Jordan King def. Davey Prince in a Round 1 Quest For Gold South Match

Alex Mercury def. Vladimir Kerliniko in a Round 1 Quest For Gold South Match

Match 1: Atua vs. A-Ry Jeter w/ Kari Lynn Grace Round 1 Quest For Gold South Match

The YouTube clip picks up midway through the match. Atua is firing on all cylinders, knocking down A-Ry with clotheslines. Jeter rolls to the outside of the ring to get a breather. Atua rolls to the outside and chases after Jeter, but just before Atua is able to get his hands on Jeter, A-Ry pulls his manager, Kari Lynn Grace, in front of him and Atua has to put on the breaks. Off the distraction, A-Ry hits a thumb to the eye and then runs Atua into the ring post. A-Ry throws Atua back in the ring. Jeter climbs to the top rope and flies off with a splash connecting hard on Atua. Albeit not very gracefully, still effective as Jeter lands in the cover for a near fall on the big man.

Jeter waits for Atua to get up, and tries to lift him in a fireman's carry, which was a bad idea, as he can not get him off the ground. Atua finds amusement by this, and begins dry humping the shoulder of Jeter before Jeter quickly backs off. Jeter runs at Atua, and is met with a huge spinning heel kick from Atua. Atua pulls A-Ry into the corner in a seated position and paces across the ring to the opposite turnbuckle. Just when Atua is about to make his move, Kari Lynn Grace stands up on the apron and starts yelling in Atua's direction. Atua walks right over to Grace, as Grace continues to yell at Atua. Grace attempts to slap Atua, but Atua catches the hand of Grace, and then plants a kiss on Kari.

Kari initially backs off, but then looks over at A-Ry Jeter, beginning to make it back to his feet, so Kari embraces Atua and plants her lips on his to create a distraction. A-Ry sees this, jumps in from behind on the back of Atua, attempting to lock in a sleeper hold. It would be to no avail though, as Atua tosses Jeter off over his head. Jeter crashes to the mat, Atua props Jeter seated in the corner, then stomps across the ring in the opposite corner, before charging at Jeter and hitting possibly the largest bronco buster of all time. Atua pulls Jeter out of the corner and pins Jeter, 123. Atua celebrated, and after exiting the ring Kari Lynn enters the ring to check on A-Ry. As Kari looks back at Atua, he blows a kiss followed by a wink to her, before exiting to the back.

Winner: Atua
    Match 2 Takada vs. Orson Miles Round 1 Quest For Gold South Match

The clip picks up with Takada in the ring, and Orson Miles making his way to the ring, but he has a mic in hand

Miles: Cut the music, cut the damn music! Now, I know all of you great folks here in the Burgh are excited to be here, and want to see some great in ring action tonight.

Brief pop from the crowd

Miles: But, unfortunately... I don't really give a damn what any of you peasants want!

Crowd erupts in to boos, start chanting "asshole" at Miles

Miles: Stay classy, Pittsburgh. Now, I'm afraid to inform you all, that this match will not be taking place.

Crowd boos as Takada looks at Miles in confusion.

Miles: And the reason this match isn't taking place is, well, I'm afraid that I am too valuable to be putting my health and well being on the line, just to please you people, when I'm not even on TV! But, don't worry, I have a compromise set up.

Miles pauses as he gets in the ring with Takada

Miles: Now, Takada, given that I'm rich and you're, well, you, I have a proposition for you, pal. I have $1000 in cold hard cash in my pocket as we speak, and all you have to do is lay down, and let me win.

The crowd boos as Takada looks intrigued, Miles pulls out the wad of $100 bills and shows them to Takada

Miles: Now obviously, $1000 is chump change to me, but for you? Think of all the things you could do with $1000? You could treat yourself to some better hotels instead of those 2 star bum holes that you and your fat friend share a room in. A little extra money to pay for rent in that shitty apartment I'm sure you live at, am I right? You could even use it to buy more Viagra, because I know your partner has been taking those from you too. Look, A wise man once said, "Everybody's got a price" and I believe with you, I'm overpaying so why don't you just take the money, lay your ass down, and we can all move along? Look, I'll even count it for you. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10

Miles hands over the money to Takada, who thinks it over for a moment, while the crowd is chanting "NO!" but Takada obliges and takes the money from Miles, shaking his hand. Miles has a smug grin on his face, and the crowd is losing their minds in boos, when out of nowhere GREEN MIST TO THE FACE! Miles is sprayed by a green mist! Miles ridiculously over sells this, taking a bump and squirming around the ring screaming "I'm blind! I can't see! I'm blind!"

Miles gets to his feet, not sure where he's at, and the referee calls for the bell to start the match. Takada runs in from behind Miles, still holding the wad of cash in one hand, and rolling up Miles in a school boy with the other.
    1!
    2!
    3!

Takada quickly rolls out of the ring and does a victory lap to celebrate as Miles is still complaining to the ref, not noticing that the ref is no longer in the ring. As Takada takes his victory lap, he hands out $100 bills to kids at ring side and the clip comes to an end.

Winner: Takada
    Match 3: Kenny Maddox vs. Jack Parker Round Quest For Gold South

The clip picks up with both men in the ring, the bell rings, and Kenny Maddox extends his hand for a handshake. As Jack goes to oblige, Kenny puts his hand on Kenny's face and gives him a shove. Parker comes back right at Kenny with a clothesline driving Kenny down to the mat. Jack follows that up with a drop kick, followed up with a spinning heel kick and Jack Parker is on fire. The clip cuts ahead further in the match, now with Kenny having a head lock on a grounded Parker. Parker begins to make his way to his feet, but Kenny sweeps the legs out from under Parker, and then drops an elbow down to the chest of Parker. Kenny goes for another elbow, but Jack rolls out of the way. Both men make their way to their feet and Parker shoots himself off the ropes, but is met by Kenny with a vicious spine buster, Kenny crawls into a cover

But Jack gets a shoulder up at two and a half. Kenny is frustrated and looking for a way to put Parker away, so he climbs to the top rope. Kenny plants his feet on the top rope as Parker is able to get up and run into the ropes, crotching Kenny on the top turnbuckle. Parker climbs up to the top, and locks in Kenny in a suplex position. Kenny tries to fight out, but Jack is just able to get enough power to get Kenny over the top and both men thud to the canvas. You can tell this move took a lot out of Parker, not just the landing but mustering the strength to get the larger Kenny over the top. Jack slowly crawls into a cover

But Kenny is able to get a shoulder up before three. Jack is now the one wondering how he is going to put his opponent away, and he climbs to the top rope with Kenny still grounded. Parker attempts a wicked shooting star press, but Kenny gets the knees up and Parker crashes and burns ribs first into the knees of Kenny. Kenny transitions this into an inside cradle

3!

Winner Kenny Maddox
    Match 4: Hayden Decker vs. Vincenzo Battaglia Round 1 Quest For Gold South

The clip picks up as Vincenzo makes his way to the ring, accompanied by his brother and partner Claudio. As they wait in the ring, Hayden Decker's music hits. The stage fills with smoke, and finally the smoke clears to reveal... no one is there. The music stops, and then starts again... still no one. The Battaglia's look on, not in confusion, but just in anger. Normally you would think someone would be happy if they get a forfeit victory, but Vincenzo is livid, being heard yelling out to the entrance ramp "get yo punk ass out here and take your beating like a man" Claudio tries to calm his older brother down, and finally the ref informs both men that he is going to ring the bell to start the match, and Hayden will have until the count of 10 to enter the ring. Vincenzo is still showing very visible frustration as the ref begins his count.

"1!... 2!... 3!... 4!... 5!... 6!... 7!... 8!... 9!..... 10! Ring the bell!"

The bell is rung and the referee raises Vincenzo's hand in victory. Vincenzo still shows a pissed off look on his face, and finally decides that if he can't beat up Hayden Decker, he's got a free beating to give. Vincenzo stares down the ref, as he's still raising his arm in victory. The ref quickly cowers in fear, but Vincenzo stops him, laughing for a slight moment before turning around and hitting the ref with The Kiss of Death (Black Mass) knocking the official out cold. Claudio tries to gain control of his brother and helps to escort him to the back.

Winner: Vincenzo Battaglia
    MAIN EVENT Match 5: Scorpio vs. Matt Elder Round 1 Quest For Gold South Match- NO DISQUALIFICATIONS

The clip picks up just as the match begins, and Matt Elder scurries out to the outside of the ring and grabs a chair. Scorpio, not to be out done, exits the ring on the opposite side and picks up a kendo stick from under the ring. Both men slowly get on the apron, facing each other at opposite parts of the ring, both weapon in hand. Matt makes the first move, hopping in the ring and running at Scorpio with the steel chair over his head ready to strike, but Scorpio strikes first with a kendo stick shot to the mid section. Scorpio, with Elder bent over, takes a kendo stick shot to the back of Elder. Scorpio then positions the kendo stick around the neck of Elder, hitting a side Russian leg sweep to take Elder down. Scorpio goes for a cover, but Elder kicks out at two.

Elder quickly rolls to the outside to try to gather himself, and grabs, you guessed it, another steel chair. Elder gets the chair and looks in at Scorpio who's still inside the ring. Scorpio drops the kendo stick to the canvas, and then sits down cross legged, offering himself up to Matt Elder. Elder obliges, running into the ring with the steel chair. Elder swings it at the head of the seated Scorpio, who rolls to his back, and then does a kip up. Elder tries to get another shot with the chair, but Scorpio connects with a super kick to the chair, smashing into Elder's face. Elder drops to the his knees and Scorpio follows up with a shining wizard right to the dome of Matt Elder, followed by a pin attempt

But Elder is able to roll a shoulder up at two and a half. Scorpio decides to try to put Elder away, lifting him up and putting him in position for what he calls "Luck's Over" (Pedigree) but Elder reverses his way out and nails Scorpio with a drop kick, picture perfect connecting to the jaw. Elder now realizes he finally has a chance to start getting in some offense in this match, and gets the steel chair. Elder comes him with a leg drop, placing the chair underneath his legs, driving into the sternum of Scorpio. You can hear the breath leave Scorpio, as this certainly takes the wind out of him. Elder goes for a cover, but Scorpio quickly kicks out at 1.

Elder goes to the outside as he wants to throw in some more weapons. He goes under the ring, throwing in several chairs. He gets 5 chairs and throws them all into the ring. Elder gets in the ring, and kicks Scorpio while he's down as he tries to set up the chairs to his liking. Elder sets all 5 seated in a row right next to each other. Elder awaits Scorpio to get to his feet, and locks in from behind him looking for a German suplex into the chairs set up. Scorpio is able to get his feet on the bottom rope to keep his balance, and then elbows Elder in the jaw to get him to release the hold. Scorpio hits Elder with another super kick, and Elder just so happens to land seated in one of the steel chairs. Scorpio, making the best out of the situation, steps out to the apron, and follows up with springboard meteora, connecting his knees to the face of Elder as both men and the chair go to the ground. Scorpio goes for another pin.

But Elder, somewhat lifelessly, is able to get his shoulder off the mat. Scorpio decides again that he's going to try to put Elder away, this time attempting his other finisher, Scorpion Death Venom (GTS) but Elder is able slide off the back of Scorpio, and as Scorpio turns around, Elder runs at him and leaps into a cross body, both men crashing into the renaming seated steel chairs. After a brief moment with both men down, Elder knows what he can do to put Scorpio away. Elder crawls to the outside, underneath the ring he finds a table. He sets the table up in the ring, and clears the ring of all the chairs laying around. Elder has one more thing in mind though, as he goes underneath the ring and pulls out two small black bags. Elder brings both into the ring, and begins to poor out the first bag on top of the table to see it what else but some good old fashion thumb tacks. Elder takes the second bag and pours it out underneath the table, one bag poured under, one on top of the table.

Elder lifts up Scorpio and places his him on top of his shoulder in position for a power slam. Elder runs toward the table but Scorpio slides off the back just in time and Elder comes to a screeching halt. Matt turns around into a kick to the mid section, followed by Scorpio lifting him up in a power bomb position. Scorpio holds him there for a moment, but then lifts Elder higher in the air as Undertaker would do for a Last Ride. You can see the expression of "No! No! God please no!" on Matt Elders face, just before Scorpio power bombs him through the table onto the thumb tacks, and Elder is in utter agony. Not enough to knock Elder out, but enough to be in excruciating, screaming pain.

Scorpio drags Elder away from the broken table and the tacks as the blood begins trickle out of Elder's arms and back. Scorpio lifts Elder up into a fireman's carry, hitting the Scorpion Death Venom (GTS) to officially turn the lights out on poor Matt Elder. Scorpio calmly drops into the cover.

1!
    2!
    3!

Winner: Scorpio

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Just had a quick read, all looking good to me dude so far Excited to see it all come together and get into the swing of things fully.

Status

Absolutely beast of two shows, Broc. Loved the Comedian vs Orlov write-up. And I would like to think Claudio just bribed Decker to not show up or bribed people to beat him up so he can't show up. Looking forward for more.

Status

I wanna save my review energy for actual shows, but just know I'm watching, I'm loving, please keep at it, you've set yourself a daunting task good sir and I'm rooting for ya.

Interesting developments with Decker, I suspect he just got totally baked and forgot to show

Very Important Lobster

Status

HWA on YouTube, Live Event Results from Cleveland, Ohio, March 1, 2020

Unaired results

Andre Lamar def. RamJam in a Round 1 Quest For Gold East Match

Twister Excel def. Dan Smith in a Round 1 Quest For Gold East Match

Dacey James def. The Cleveland Kidd in a Round 1 Quest For Gold East Match

OsCaR def. Shane Silver in a Round 1 Quest For Gold East Match

Jason Valence def. Spencer Gavin in a Round 1 Quest For Gold East Match

Juss Forfun def. Jaxon Riot in a Round 1 Quest For Gold East Match
    Match 1: PAPA w/ Dolly vs. Tommy Dreamer Round 1 Quest For Gold East

The YouTube clip picks up to show Tommy Dreamer's entrance, as he's introduced by the ring announcer as a Hardcore Legend, and the crowd goes wild for Dreamer. The clip cuts to Dreamer in the ring, and the dark and ominous music of PAPA blares through the arena. There's a chilling vibe, as the crowd has fallen silent as PAPA makes his entrance, with Dolly by his side. The clip cuts from PAPA's entrance to the beginning of the match. Dreamer tries to lock up with PAPA, but is immediately shoved away. Dreamer decides to take a different approach and run at PAPA with a basement dropkick to the knees, taking PAPA down to a knee. Dreamer begins reigning down punches to the head of PAPA, who doesn't appear too fazed by them. PAPA shoves Dreamer away pushing him into the corner, and running in with a stinger splash, flattening Dreamer against the turnbuckle.

PAPA follows that up, lifting Dreamer into a power bomb position, and throwing him carelessly into the turnbuckle in a buckle bomb. Dreamer crashes to the mat, but PAPA isn't finished with him yet. PAPA places his hand around the throat of Tommy, lifting him up to a vertical base, before hitting a devastating choke slam. Dreamer thuds to the mat, and PAPA falls into the cover.

1!
    2!

But PAPA laughs and pulls Tommy's head up, shoulders going off the mat. The crowd, that has been mostly silent to this point start to boo, as PAPA looks up hearing this yells out to them "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?" As PAPA lifts Dreamer back up, you can hear PAPA say "I have a show to put on... and this, is The Final Chapter!" PAPA lifts Dreamer up onto his shoulders in an electric chair position, and then lifts him even higher above his head before a crash and burn to the mat, Dreamer going down face first. PAPA pins Dreamer again

3!

Winner: PAPA
    Match 2 Carlos Alberto Ramon vs. Asim Hassan

The clip picks up midway through the match, as Ramon is making a comeback after being in a headlock from Hassan. CAR bounces off the ropes and hits Hassan with a clothesline, followed up by a second clothesline, and then, when Hassan makes it to his feet, CAR hits a wicked enziguri, with CAR's foot connecting right to the back of the head of Hassan. Ramon follows this up by lifting up Hassan and tossing him across the ring with a fallaway slam. Hassan flies so far that he actually ends up rolling out of the ring. Hassan gets back on the ring on the apron, and CAR meets him, attempting to suplex him back into the ring. Hassan counters out and begins gouging the face of CAR. The ref attempts to break this up, but as the two men struggle, Hassan pushes CAR into the ref, knocking down the official. Hassan then grabs the head of CAR and jumps down to floor, hanging CAR's neck on the top rope.

With the ref down, Hassan grabs a steel chair from under the ring. Hassan gets back in the ring, as both CAR and the official are starting to make their way back to a vertical base. Hassan slams the chair on the ground to create a thud, then tosses the chair to CAR, who thinks quickly, grabs the chair and throws it right back to Hassan before falling to the mat. The official turns around, to see Hassan holding the chair, and CAR playing possum on the ground. The ref is about to call for the disqualification, but Hassan is pleading with him. The ref goes to call for the bell, but Hassan takes hold of the refs arm to stop him. While this is happening, CAR rolls in behind Hassan, hits him with a low blow with the ref's vision facing away from the ring and to the time keeper, and then rolls Hassan up into a school boy.

1!
    2!
    3!

Winner: Carlos Alberto Ramon

HWA on YouTube, Live Event Results from Albany, New York, March 3, 2020

Unaired Results

Cain Walker def. Cyrus in a Round 1 Quest For Gold West Match

Connor Owens def. Owen Carter in a Round 1 Quest For Gold West Match

Darius Riggs def. Arik Ambrose in a Round 1 Quest For Gold West Match

Alan Dale def. Mr Graves in a Round 1 Quest For Gold West Match

Marcus Black def. D'Andre Briggs in a Round 1 Quest For Gold West Match

Match 1 Claudio Battaglia vs. Zachary Quinn Round 1 Quest For Gold West Match

The clip shows Vincenzo and Claudio both make their entrance and get in the ring. As they await in the ring, the infamous "Because I Got High" song plays throughout the arena, which would normally be the calling card for Hayden Decker and Zachary Quinn. Smoke fills the arena, and again, the smoke settles... and no one is there. We know that in HWA's live event in Pittsburgh, this same thing happened to Zachary Quinn. Something isn't adding up here. As last time the Battaglias, in particular Vincenzo, were very angry that Hayden Decker did not show up for their match, this time both Vincenzo and Claudio have smug looks on their faces. Same as last time, the official says that Quinn has a 10 count to make it to the ring

"1!... 2!... 3!... 4!... 5!... 6!... 7!... 8!... 9!..... 10! Ring the bell!"

The official in the ring learns a lesson from the previous referee, and after calling for the bell immediately bolts out of the ring without raising Claudio's hand.

Winner: Claudio Battaglia

Match 2 Harrison Wake vs. Chris Elder Round 1 Quest For Gold West Match

The clip begins with both men in the ring. Harrison's size advantage in this match is apparent, standing 6'4" and a very chiseled 240 lbs. while Chris stands 6 feet even and weighs a scrawny 200 lbs. Chris realizes he is outmatched, and unfortunately for him, this isn't a no DQ match, so he is certainly not in his element here. Chris runs right at Wake with a running shotgun drop kick, Wake stumbles into the corner but looks fairly unphased. Elder gets up and runs back at Wake, but Wake lifts and plants Elder straight to the canvas with an earth shaking euronage. From there, Elder is pretty much out, but Wake isn't done just yet. He lifts Elder to his feet and places him in the corner, hitting a flurry of vicious chops followed by head butts. Wake pulls Elder out of the corner, hits him with an elbow to the throat followed by a spinning clothesline. He calls that "The Hatchet Job". Wake slides into a cover
    3!

Winner: Harrison Wake
    MAIN EVENT Match 3 Marko Carter vs. Nathan Reid Round 1 Quest For Gold West Match

The clip picks up midway through the match, Marko Carter is in control grounding Nathan Reid in a headlock. Both of these guys are possibly out of their comfort zone, being known for their tag team wrestling. Marko Carter as part of the Catalyst, and Nathan Reid with the Hotlanta Highlight reel. Reid is able to regain his vertical base and throws Carter into the ropes, as Carter rebounds back to him Reid leap frogs over the top, and then on the second rebound Reid hits a high drop kick connecting to the chin of Carter. Carter gets back to his feet and is met with a running pump knee strike again connecting to the jaw of Carter. Reid covers Carter for a near fall, and Carter rolls to the outside, holding his jaw trying to get a breath.

Reid is having none of it though, as he exits the ring on the other side and runs toward Carter, nailing a clothesline, knocking Carter flat to the hard ground. Reid picks up Carter, and attempts to throw him back in the ring. Carter is able to spin around the apron and hit a swift kick to the head of Reid. Carter now throws Reid onto the apron, and climbs up on top of the apron as well. Carter lifts up Reid into a fireman's carry, then leaps off the apron to the floor, plunging Reid straight down to the cement floor, with all of Carter's body weight all landing on him as well. Carter takes a moment to get back to his feet, as this move clearly took some out of him too, as he tries to shake off some pain in his neck.

Carter throws Reid back into the ring and climbs up to the top rope. Carter comes off the top with an elbow drop, driving right into the chest of Reid. Carter goes for a cover.

1!
    2!
    But Reid rolls a shoulder up at 2. Carter now decides that he's going to try to attack the area of Reid that was injured earlier, being his back from the fall onto the floor. Carter turns over Reid, stomps him in the back, then drives a knee into the back of Reid. Carter continues, getting back up and driving knee after knee into the spine of Reid. Carter grabs one of Reid's legs and turns into a half Boston crab, putting his knee firmly in the back of Reid. After a minute of struggling, Reid is able to turn his body over and begin to counter out of the hold. Reid attempts to kick Carter off of him, but Carter catches his other leg and turns over Reid into a Chris Jericho esque Lion Tamer. Carter digs his knee into the back and neck of Reid, putting as much pressure he can to the hold. After another minute of struggle Reid is able to crawl his way to the ropes to force a break.

Carter quickly tries to pull Reid back to the center of the ring, but Reid hangs onto the bottom rope for dear life. Carter continues to tug, but Reid is able to give him a kick to the chest and create separation. Reid kips up to his feet and runs right at Carter with a clothesline, Carter gets up and runs right into a discuss elbow by Reid. Reid lifts Carter up and attempts to Irish whip him into the turnbuckle, but Carter turns it around and throws Reid into the turnbuckle. Carter charges toward Reid but Reid ducks out of the way as Carter goes chest first into the turnbuckle. Reid turns Carter around and steps up into an enzenguri, using the middle rope for elevation. Carter drops down to a seated position, with head leaned against the bottom turnbuckle. Reid backs up into the corner adjacent to Carter, then charges at him and hits a devastating running knee, smashing Carter's head back into the turnbuckle and turning his lights off. Reid pulls Carter away from the ropes and goes for the cover.

1!
    2!
    3!

Winner: Nathan Reid

These two are a bit shorter than I intended them to so I figured it wasn't worth posting them separately. Was just difficult to write for some of them if I'm being honest. While I've loved the brief time of writing for a lot of great characters, there are a good amount that don't have enough ground work for me to feel good writing for them. So it may have been a misstep by me to then make a 64 person tournament with everyone lol. But, regardless, now that it's down to a 32 tournament I think I can get in a better groove of things and try to make some magic happen on the first TV show. So I will leave you guys with the 2nd round match ups, and some predictions if you want to take part.

HWA Quest For Gold Round 2

North

1. Dimitri Rostova vs. 9. Ben Barker

5. Mikey James vs. 13. Aaron Harrows

2. Broc Lobster vs. 10. Trevor Walker

3. Axel Riley vs. 11. The Comedian

South

1. Scorpio vs. 8. Atua

5. Takada vs. 4. Alex Mercury

2. Jordan King vs. 10. Maxwell Knight

14. Victor Battaglia vs. 6. Kenny Maddox

East

1. PAPA vs. 9. Juss Forfun

5. Twister Excel vs. 13. Dacey James

2. Andre Lamar vs. 10. OsCaR

3. Carlos Alberto Ramon vs. Jason Valence

West

1. Harrison Wake vs. 8. Cain Walker

5. Alan Dale vs. 13. Connor Owens

2. Marcus Black vs. 7. Claudio Battaglia

14. Nathan Reid vs. 6. Darius Riggs

If anyone has any desire to predict some of those go for it, but I'll throw in an easier bonus question for everyone

Why didn't Hayden Decker or Zachary Quinn show up for their respective matches against the Battaglia bros?

I'm gonna take a few days away from writing and then I'll get into putting things together for the first real show. If I've contacted you about doing any promo for the show, you probably have at least a week before I would need it. If we talked about a promo and you don't think you'll do it that is fine, just try to let me know so I can put something together. If I haven't contacted you about a promo but you have an idea for one, even if you don't want to write it, PM me. If you have any other ideas for anything regarding your characters, I'd love to hear all of them, hit my PMs. Appreciate the kind words from everyone and the support I've gotten on this, looking forward to the future of things.

Friendship King

Status

I'm enjoying the write-ups, Broc. I like the mix of length main events, story-driven undercards, and the occasional squash match. Got a good thing going insofar.

North

South

1. Scorpio vs. 8. Atua

East

West

If anyone has any desire to predict some of those go for it, but I'll throw in an easier bonus question for everyone

Why didn't Hayden Decker or Zachary Quinn show up for their respective matches against the Battaglia bros?

The simple theory would consider looking at the Battaglia Bros, and their mafia background, taking out the competition ahead of time. But that's far too simple for my tastes, and Vincenzo Battaglia's reaction to Hayden Decker's no-show seems too authentic. I am instead going onboard with a similar but different theory, that Decker and Quinn were taken out by a third-party combatant, a signed wrestler not competing in the tournament for one reason or another. This assailant is unknown to the Battaglia Brothers, and technically speaking, has no connection to them as individuals, however...

Spoiler:

The attacker has been secretly hired by Giuseppe Battaglia, the head of the Italian mafia family and father to Vincenzo & Claudio, in an effort to give his sons an easy road to the finals without any risk of them bringing shame or failure to the family name. It's not that he doubts the skill and wrestling prowess of his sons, but he'd rather not take the risk, so he reached out across the seas, made a few calls. Called in a favor, put the right money in the right pockets. Luckily, the person he hired was already on the HWA roster, and had more than enough reason to attack others in this tournament due to a feeling of being overlooked. The additional cash to take out any roadblocks for Vincenzo & Claudio was unnecessary, but he doesn't ask questions. Just give him an envelope with cash and a name in it, that's more than enough for Mendoza.

Spoiler:

Status

North

South

1. Scorpio vs. 8. Atua

14. Vincenzo Battaglia vs. 6. Kenny Maddox

East

West

I stand by my original theory. But I also think it won't work this round.

Status

To be honest man, I saw that coming; I think you were a bit ambitious to take 62 concepts for wrestlers and breathing life into them, all while managing to make 32 full match write ups. You had the hardest job in BTB, so yeah this is a way better plan. 32 guys and a week to plan. Good stuff. Again keep at it we're all rooting for ya!

That being said -Cracks knuckles - lets do this.

Dimitri is clearly a force in this tournament, it's going to take something massive to take him down, and I don't think that's Benny Baker is the one to do it, the iron is not hot to strike, he doesn't have the metal for it.and those are the two blacksmith jokes I know

Have to go with my boy.

Sorry Broc. Walker is such a cheating little shit head that's he's too good to go out second round

I think you had a lot of fun writing the last match and I think The Comedian is among the most fun to read -Granted I created him, so take that with a pitch of salt.

Side bar; on a personal note, I enjoy Comedian going through first Niko and possibly Axel. Just because I absolutely HATE political gimmicks in wrestling (My personal opinion). So I'm absolutely on the side of the The Comedian on this, and hope he runs through them all

1 Scorpio vs. 8. Atua
    This should be pretty cut and dry, Scorpio was put over hard and fast as a killer in the first round, Atua is one half of a comedy act,

Pretty much same as above, I think Alex Mercury has more potential to be a big time face

Oh my lord, Poor Jordan King, first he faced Davy Prince now Maxwell Knight, he's drowning in medieval puns and jokes, my general rule is A member of a tag team isn't winning so process of elimination the nod goes to King

Ohhhh wow, I will say that I feel like this bracket is fairly clear cut...everything but this match, on the one hand Kenny Maddox is a fun heel but given what happened in the last match, I feel like there's more story to tell with Vinny. Battaglia to win with more suspicious means

I think the biggest surprise of the first round is Juss Forfun got through to the second round, I initially placed him as a jobber foil because we've all been trained by the 90s to know if you have a part time job and you have a name that connects with that job. You're going to lose. But I'm getting a sense that PAPA is going to be a god damn monster, and I fear the jokes ends now.

Always gotta support my boi

I'm getting the sense that Andre is going to be a dark horse potential winner

I'd say the finals are going to be PAPA vs CAR

I have a feeling whoever wins this one, wins the bracket. I still gotta go for Wake

Always support my boys

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Marcus over comes any sneaky tricks

Just because

Also where's Mandoza?

I truly don't believe there's some masterful plot going on, these two don't seem like the smartest knives in the draw, so I suspect they just got high and forgot

Very Important Lobster

Status

Per request, I added a roster to the OP, with links to all of the character bios. I think I got everyone. Also thank you for the the predictions, I'm putting the show together mentally right now, probably won't start actually writing it until Thursday. I think I've already messaged everyone for promos, but as always, any ideas for anything with your character, always feel free to PM me.

Very Important Lobster

Status

The card for the next three weeks of Anarchy shows have been posted to HWA's website. They all feature 2nd round match ups of the HWA Quest For Gold Tournament. they are as follows.

Anarchy Episode 1

PAPA vs. Juss Forfun
    Dimitri Rostova vs. Ben Barker
    Mikey James vs. Aaron Harrows
    Vincenzo Battaglia vs. Kenny Maddox
    Darius Riggs vs. Nathan Reid

Anarchy Ep. 2

Alan Dale vs. Connor Owens
    Broc Lobster vs. Trevor Walker
    The Comedian vs. Axel Riley
    Takada vs. Alex Mercury
    Andre Lamar vs. OsCaR
    Twister Excel vs. Dacey James

Anarchy Ep. 3

Harrison Wake vs. Cain Walker
    Scorpio vs. Atua
    Jordan King vs. Maxwell Knight
    Marcus Black vs. Claudio Battaglia
    Carlos Alberto Ramon vs. Jason Valence

So, if you would like to indulge in any more predictions

Predict the main event for each of the first three shows

I started writing bits of the first show so far, I think I will be able to get the whole thing on Thursday when I have the day off. Thank you all for your engagement with predictions and everyone who I've been in constant contact with for promos and character direction, that has made this very fun for me and I'm looking forward to getting this first show out.

Friendship King

Status

Oh, sweet, OP has a roster with links. Great addition, Broc.

Main Events will be:

Anarchy Episode 1
    Mikey James vs. Aaron Harrows

Anarchy Ep. 2
    The Comedian vs. Axel Riley

Anarchy Ep. 3
    Harrison Wake vs. Cain Walker

Spoiler:

Very Important Lobster

Status

HWA Anarchy Episode 1: March 5, 2020, from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

The show starts and we get a wide sweeping shot of all of the fans going nuts. We hear the commentary come in and it's a very familiar voice.

Howdy folks, welcome to first ever episode of HWA Anarchy! I am Jim Ross joined by Paul Heyman on commentary tonight, proud to bring you the first show for the new land of extreme. How are you doing tonight Mr. Heyman?

PH: I could not be better Mr. Ross, and I'm ecstatic to have you here to join us. We had to back the brinks truck up to get you away from those other guys, but if you ask me, you're still Elite

JR: Well Paul speaking of elite, that's a perfect adjective for the card we have lined up tonight.

PH: Yes sir, tonight marks round 2 of the HWA Quest For Gold Tournament. We started with 64 hungry competitors. The first round took place over the past weeks live events, which you can find on HWA.com or on the HWA YouTube Channel. Tonight marks the beginning of the round of 32, which will take place over the next few weeks here on Anarchy.

JR: Well, let's take a look at the card we have lined up tonight. Later on tonight we have Vincenzo Battaglia taking on Kenny Maddox, and Paul, these damn Battaglias are up to no good, I can tell ya' that right now.

PH: Yes, of course both Hayden Decker and Zach Quinn did not show up for their first round match ups against the Battaglias. Will Kenny Maddox make his way to the ring tonight?

JR: Also later on tonight we have the self-proclaimed "Top Star" Aaron Harrows taking on "Machine" Mikey James in what should be an interesting match up.

PH: An interesting match up indeed, if there's one thing we learned about Mikey James in the first round, it's that he has been able to turn a deficiency into a competitive advantage. James lost the ability to use his legs below his knees, but thanks to nano-technology, he's now half man half cyborg, and those legs are lethal. Harrows better be ready tonight!

JR: And of course we also have the enigma known as PAPA, taking on the former comedian, Juss Forfun.

PH: And Jim, I would advise having stop watches ready for that one, PAPA has proven himself to be a threat in this tournament, and he certainly could go very deep into this.

JR: And finally, our main event for the evening, two best friends and tag team partners will have to turn against each other in a win or go home scenario, Darius Riggs will take on Nathan Reid, both of the Hotlanta Highlight Reel.

PH: These two have competed with each other for the past 7 years, tonight they will go to war with each other, and all just for the chance to hoist the HWA Championship and etch their names in history as the first ever. Someone is going to get it JR, we started with 64, but only one man will be left standing, who's it gonna be?

Dimitri Rostova's music hits as the big red Russian makes his way to the ring

JR: But kicking us off here, we have Dimitri Rostova vs. Ben Barker, this is going to be a slug fest is it not Paul?

PH: Dimitri Rostova stands 7'1" weighing almost 300 lbs, without a doubt a favorite in this tournament. If you watched what happened to Johnny Miracle when he went up against this mountain of a man, the rest of the tournament could be in trouble

Ben Barker's music hits

JR: But if there is one man who can match up size wise to Rostova, it is this man right here. Ben Barker only gives up a few inches to Rostova, and weighs around the same, this will be a big hass match if I've ever seen one.

PH: Don't expect many dives in this one, this is going to be an absolute slug fest, as you said.

Match 1: Dimitri Rostova vs. Ben Barker Quest For Gold: North

The bell rings as the two big men square each other up. They lock up in a collar and elbow tie up, each man trying to out power the other. After a few seconds, they've reached a stalemate as neither man can get the advantage and they each let go. They pace around each other before going back into a collar and elbow, this time Rostova pulls Barker in for a head lock. Barker struggles momentarily before back peddling to the ropes and that momentum helps him shoot Rostova off the ropes. On the rebound, the two big men meet in the center of the ring, each going for a shoulder block but neither man budges. Barker turns his back and runs to the ropes to try a shoulder block, but no movement at all from Rostova, who beats his chest and dares Barker to do it again. Barker is determined as he hits the ropes again and puts as much into this shoulder tackle as possible, and pushes Rostova back to the ropes.

Rostova gathers himself and pulls Barker back into a head lock. Before he's able to get it fully locked in, Barker shoots Rostova off again, and this time Barker drops down. Rostova hits the ropes again, and is met in the center of the ring by Barker running at him like a raged bull with a shoulder tackle, knocking Rostova flat on his back!

JR: Rostova's down!

PH: Barker just proved he can go toe-to-toe with Rostova here, we're about to have an absolute brawl on our hands!

Rostova looks up almost in shock that he's been knocked down. He quickly gets back to his feet using the ropes to pull himself up, but Barker charges at Rostova and clotheslines him over the top rope and to the floor. Dimitri gets back to his feet, all the while Barker has stepped out to the apron and is stalking Rostova from behind. As Rostova turns around, Barker runs from the apron and dives out at Rostova with a cross body, tumbling both of these large bodies to the concrete floor.

JR: What was it you said about no dives Paul?

PH: Certainly not the prettiest, but an effective move by Barker! Rostova is in trouble!

Barker quickly gets to his feet and places Rostova back into the ring, but pulls him out so his head hangs out on the apron. Barker gets up to the apron and hits a leg drop across the throat of Barker on the apron. Barker rolls Rostova into the ring and goes for the cover

One!
    Two!
    But Rostova powers out at an early two count. Barker lifts Rostova back to his feet, and wraps his arms around Rostova's waste, trying to hoist him up for a belly to belly suplex. Rostova holds his ground though as Barker isn't able to throw him over, Rostova hits multiple clubbing blows to the back of Barker. Barker drops down to a knee, and Rostova attempts to lift Barker up for a power bomb, but Barker won't go. Barker is able to fight out and starts throwing chops to the chest of Rostova. Rostova, unphased, pushes Barker into the ropes, and on the rebound nails Barker with a big boot to the face. Barker falls to the canvas, and Rostova finally has gained control back of this match. Rostova plants a big leg drop right across the throat of Barker before rolling into the cover

One!
    Two!
    But Barker is also able to power out at an early two. Rostova decides again that he is going to try to lift up Barker for a power bomb. After the initial struggle, Rostova gets Barker up on his shoulders for the powerbomb, but Barker is able to drop down behind Rostova. Barker pushes Rostova from the back into the ropes, and then on the rebound nails Rostova with a spine buster! Barker is fired up, calling for Rostova to get back to his feet. Barker goes for a belly to belly suplex, this time lifting up Rostova and planting him, Barker's full weight on top of him. Rostova is still stirring though, and Barker knows he needs to more to keep this man down. As Rostova gets to his feet, Barker ties him up into a standard suplex. Barker lifts Rostova up and nails him with the suplex after an initial struggle, but Rostova is still stirring. Barker sizes up Rostova one more time, grabbing a waste lock from behind, and lifting Rostova over head for a thunderous German suplex! Rostova is dazed and not moving as Barker goes for the cover

One!
    Two!
    Thr- But Rostova just barely gets the shoulder up!

JR: What is it gonna take to put Rostova away?

PH: A lot, it's going to take a lot, and I'm not sure Barker is going to be able to do it. He needs to hit something big!

Barker, exhausted, lifts up Rostova and backs him into the corner. Rostova looks completely gassed almost out on his feet, and Barker lifts him up and places him on the top turnbuckle. Barker climbs up after him and locks him into a suplex, now looking to destroy everything with what would be an earth shattering superplex. Barker lifts him up, and you can Rostova's feet leave the turnbuckle for just a moment before he's able to gain his balance back. Rostova clubs a blow to the back of Barker. Rostova breaks out of the hold, and with both men face to face, Rostova plants Barker with a wicked headbutt! Barker is dazed on the top rope, and just then Rostova lifts Barker up into a powerbomb! Rostova leaps off the top ropes planting Barker with a sit out powerbomb! Rostova, clearly in pain and holding his tale bone, rolls into the cover.

One!
    Two!
    Three!

Spoiler:

Winner: Dimitri Rostova
    JR: Good god what a match, Rostova may have broken Barker in half with that powerbomb

PH: We are lucky the ring did not cave in from that impact. Barker put on a great showing, but in the end Rostova has proven to be too much for any and everyone he's gone up against. Is there anyone out there who could stop this man?

JR: Well, we'll answer that question in the coming weeks here, but up next we have Vincenzo Battaglia going to battle against Kenny Maddox, don't go anywhere, we'll be right back!

*commercial break*

The titantron suddenly opens and we see 'The Red Eagle' Nikola Orlov on screen with a sleeveless black t-shirt and a red bandana.

Orlov: A sceptre is haunting Hardcore Wrestling Alliance. The sceptre of Nikola Orlov. I think it is very fair to say that I'm not getting a shot at HWA World Championship very soon, because I tasted defeat at my first match in this organization. And unlike your public figures that I have the displeasure of seeing on American television, I am man enough to admit when I am beaten. This is why I want to congratulate The Comedian on his victory against me, as the history of HWA grows, he will grow to appreciate the value of that. Maybe, maybe by some little chance, I will grow to appreciate him too.

Believe me, I don't get the punchline and I find the humor too dark for my tastes. Too dark that it is an actual part of our reality. Dark, bitter and actually sad. Because if you look at The Comedian, you will see that he is a man tricked by the system he lives in that he needs to do 'hardcore wrestling' to become a successful wrestler. Yes, that style led him to a victory against me. People can lose, individuals are allowed to fail. But what something that can not afford to fail is the system as a whole, and it is failing every day. Just the fact that I had to endure a mad man hitting my head with a steel chair to lose is the proof of this!

Maybe this is the only thing The Comedian knows to do, which I won't blame him. He is a mere pawn in the grand scheme of things. Just a man following orders so he can get the money he needs to meet his minimum needs. He will continue to hit people with steel chairs, he will continue to get hit by steel chairs. He will continue to see his body as a mere tool to get money, because this isn't just what he believes this system is, because this is actually how the system works, how the machine works!

That is why, not just HWA, not just the wrestling world, but the whole world needs a man like Nikola Orlov to spread awareness. To you, I may be a man who lost like a bitch in the first round who also seems to be talking gibberish. But after I'm done, my words will be remembered by everyone in the new world I will create! A world that nobody will have to endure stiff chair shots because of a shiny world title, and the money it brings.

And to create that world, I will take care of every single aspect, even if that means getting rid of even the simplest pawns, like The Comedian.

The titantron closes

JR: We of course saw Nikola Orlov in round 1 against The Comedian in what was an absolute slobber knocker of a match

PH: It's just one example of why you're missing out if you're not subscribed to HWA on YouTube, an absolute killer match between the two, as The Comedian is already starting to become a fan favorite.

La Famiglia di Battaglia

JR: Here comes Vincenzo accompanied by younger brother Claudio, as he gets ready to do battle with Kenny Maddox.

PH: If Kenny is able to make it to the ring that is.

Kenny Maddox

The music plays, but Kenny is nowhere to be found. Vincenzo looks fairly confused this time. Same as we've seen before, the official informs Vincenzo that he will give Kenny a 10 count to get to the ring. Just as the referee is about to begin his count, the titantron shows us to backstage. We see Ben Barker being attended to by doctors, looking to make sure his back is okay after his match with Dimitri Rostova. We then see that among the crowd is Kenny Maddox, who was checking in on Ben Barker before telling him "I have to get to my match, I hope you're alright".

Match 2: Vincenzo Battaglia w/ Claudio Battaglia vs. Kenny Maddox, Quest For Gold: South

Kenny runs down the ramp and gets into the ring at a count of 7, and is immediately met by a super kick from Vincenzo, knocking him to the ground. Vincenzo looks down at Kenny laughing as Kenny tries to make his way back to his feet. As Kenny is back to his feet Vincenzo goes for another super kick, but this time Kenny ducks underneath and hits a chop block on Vincenzo, taking the legs out from under him. Kenny rolls over and puts Vincenzo in a front face lock, trying to keep him grounded. Vincenzo slowly makes his way to vertical base and hits a sharp elbow to the face of Kenny. Kenny backs off against the ropes and Vincenzo flies in with a clothesline knocking Kenny to the floor. Vincenzo comes out of the ring after Kenny, and lifts him to his feet. Kenny thinks quickly though and throws Vincenzo back first into the apron. Claudio at ringside gets close to Kenny, distracting him enough for Vincenzo to grab a hold of Kenny and throw him shoulder first into the ring steps. Vincenzo throws Kenny quickly back into the ring and goes for a cover.

One
    Two
    But Kenny powers out at two. Vincenzo stays on Kenny, putting him in a head lock. Kenny slowly makes his way to his feet and shoots Vincenzo off the ropes, Kenny leap frogs over the top of Vincenzo and Vincenzo pumps the breaks before hitting Kenny with rolling elbow strike right to the face. Kenny is dazed on his feet as Vincenzo follows up with a step up Enzuigiri connecting to the back of the head of Kenny. Kenny falls to a knee and Vincenzo follows up with a shining wizard, knocking Kenny down and into a cover

One
    Two
    But Kenny is able to kick out at two and a half. Vincenzo is now looking for a way to put Kenny away, as he steps out of the ring to the apron, setting up for a springboard. As Kenny makes his way to his feet, Vincenzo makes the jump springboarding and looking for an uppercut, but Kenny catches him and plants him with a German suplex, landing right on his neck. Vincenzo makes his way back to his feet and charges at Kenny, but is met with a big boot, knocking him right back to the canvas. Vincenzo gets up again and this time is met with a spine buster as Kenny goes for a cover.

One!
    Two!
    But Vincenzo rolls a shoulder up. Kenny lifts Vincenzo back up to his feet, putting him position for a suplex. He lifts him up, delaying in mid air, holding Vincenzo up with one arm before planting him to the canvas. Kenny then decides he's going to go for the kill shot, climbing the top turnbuckle while Vincenzo is lifeless on the mat. Kenny dives off looking for an elbow drop, but Vincenzo manages to get out of the way at the last second. Kenny makes his way back to his feet but seemingly out of nowhere is met with a Kiss Of Death (Black Mass) knocking him immediately down to the mat as Vincenzo falls into the pin

One
    Two
    Three

Spoiler:

Winner: Vincenzo Battaglia
    Claudio gets in the ring and the two Battaglias celebrate the victory

JR: Well, no doubt about it, Vincenzo EARNED that win.

PH: Both Battaglias could certainly go deep in this tournament

UP IN SMOKE

JR: What the hell? Are they actually here this time?

Smoke fills the stage, and as it settles, we do in fact see Hayden Decker and Zachary Quinn emerge from the smoke, looking stoned as ever.

Decker: Yo, yo, yo, enough of this yo. Ya'll know what you did to us, and lemme tell you bro, it's not cool. We both wanted our chance to compete for the gold, and you robbed us of that, and we have proof. Show the footage truck people!

There's a brief pause as the camera points to the tron, but nothing is playing

Decker: Yo, Zach, you gave the production truck the footage right?

Quinn: Nah bro you said you did that

Decker: Nah bro I asked you to do it

Quinn: Dude I'm pretty sure you told me that you already did it

Decker: Where's the footage?

Quinn: Where's the footage dude?

Decker: Where's the footage?

Quinn: Oh wait I remember now. You told me to give it to the truck right?

Decker: Yes... the production truck

Quinn: What's a production truck?

Decker: Yo bro who did you give it to?

Quinn: I gave it to the guy parked in the truck bro, I thought that's what you wanted.

Decker: Nah bro... hold on, I have another one, I'll go get it, cut to commercial or something

*Cut to commercial as Decker runs backstage*

We come back and the Battaglias are looking very impatient and annoyed in the ring. Quinn is sitting on the stage, falling asleep, when Hayden Decker finally runs back out.

Decker: Alright bros, play it

The tron shows footage of Zach Qunn backstage, with a blunt in his hand, but also stretching getting ready for his match against Claudio. It then shows Claudio and Vincenzo run in with steel pipes, beating down Quinn. The camera goes back to the ring as Vincenzo has now grabbed a mic

Vincenzo: Okay, yeah, we kicked the shit out of your friend. So what? We didn't do nothing to you Decker, and you still didn't show like a punk bitch. What's your excuse?

Decker: Oh, bro, you don't know?

The tron then shows footage of Decker in the locker room, blunt in hand, when from behind him comes just Claudio with a pipe to the back of Decker's head. The camera cuts back to the ring, Vincenzo looks fairly annyoned at Claudio

Vincenzo: Why didn't you tell me?

Claudio: I was just trying to help

Vincenzo: Whatever. Okay, yeah, we kicked both of your asses. So what? You're both losers, and you would've lost anyway. We both have a tournament to win, but once we're done with that we'll gladly kick your asses again, but for now, our focus is gold.

Vincenzo and Claudio drop the mics and walk up the ramp. They don't even acknowledge Decker and Quinn and walk right past them to the back. After a couple moments Decker and Quinn exit and the camera cuts away

Static.

The scene begins to flick through a numer of macabre and bizarre images, was this a technical fault? A dream maybe? The sounds are convuluted and abstract like a debate of the senses, all talking over one another and not one clear point being heard. The images begin to flick like a camera reaching an abrupt end as the footage runs out.

And then...

- THEATRE BIZARRE, TIME & DATE UNKNOWN

Things appear to be much clearer now, though the audio is grainy and still somewhat distorted, there's a faint melody that begins to hum louder as if it were edging nearer towards us.

"Dum-da-dum, da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da
    Dum-da-dum, da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da
    Why haven't I told you?...."

The source appears to be a grammophone, the one trinket seemingly of value in an otherwise very scarce and ill-lit room, a black curtain hangs in the backdrop, giving an isolated and depressive feel. It would seem that the bright lights of the Theatre Bizarre did not illuminate every corner, every crevice that lurked beneath it.

"Oh, baby, I've told every little star
    Just how sweet I think you are
    Why haven't I told you?
    Da-dum, da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da..."

The camera pans as we see as hulking figure sat in a leather armchair, their head in their hands, almost a prisoner of this lair, yet in no rush to leave or escape. The door swings open as a second figure begins to slither through, they carry with them a chipped plate with a lone cupcake, in the cupcake a candle that flickers. The figure in the chair doesnt' even need to look to know what's before them, they instead simply utter.

"You shouldn't have..."

The figure looks up, the face, like no other...

- PAPA.

The other figure, who we now see is Dolly - PAPA's ally, a mystery in her own right. Dolly tilts her head to the side like a dog failing to understand the instructions of its owner. PAPA stands from his chair as the music continues to play in the background.

"I've told ripples in a brook
    Made my heart an open book
    Why haven't I told you?"

PAPA takes the plat from Dolly, inspecting the cupcake as if he had not been priviledged enough to see one in his existence. He then looks at a dejected Dolly, at least she seemed dejected tfrom what we could see from the body-language, her masked face didn't seem to hide the disappointment.

"How can I celebrate in these cirumstances?..."

Dolly stood still in her place as PAPA began to pace.

"I put on a show, I entertained the people....I made my debut on a night that should've been written in the stars! What more do the parasites want from me!? What more must I do, what blood must be spilt before I get the recognition I deserve."

He looks up at Dolly, who this time tilts her head to the other side.

"....I can't wait that long! There's always tomorrow and the next day and the day after that. DREAMER! I beat the false prophet they call the KING OF EXTREME! THE INNOVATOR OF VIOLENCE! But when the curtains went up, King Dreamer couldn't live up to the critics reviews - surely that should've meant something!? I should have been the headline act NOT the matinee."

PAPA places the cupcake down on a sidetable next to the chair, he continues to pace, growing more frantic and frustrated as he begins to hit himself round the head repeatedly.

"STUPID. STUPID. STUPID STUPID!."

It's interesting to note that Dolly makes not attempt to stop him from hurting himself.

".....I am so SICK of playing the understudy and now? Now what? The court jester - JUSSSSSSSSSSSS FOR....FUN!? Thinks he's a funny guy, does? Funny guy! Funny little man! It's people like HIM who make THEM laugh at people like US!"

PAPA grabs the cake and looks down at it, then back to his sidekick in a moment of genuine appreciation.

"No one laughs at us."

He raises the cupcake to this face and blows out the candle while Dolly claps her hands together. PAPA begins to laugh, at first it seems genuine but the longer and deeper his laugh becomes, the more maniacal he seems.

"....Now on with the show!"

PAPA continues to laugh, feasting upon the cake in one gluttonous bite as Dollly dances around him while the music plays on, again growing louder.

"Dum-da-dum, da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da
    Dum-da-dum, da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da"

Static.

*cut to commercial*

Juss Forfun makes his way to the ring, with a microphone in hand.

JR: I think we might be about to get some stand up here Paul

PH: And if there's one thing I love more than a good stand up comedian, it's an absolutely terrible stand up comedian

Juss Forfun: How's everyone doing tonight?

The crowd sits in silence, possibly because the tone of Juss was a pretty boring "how is everyone doing tonight" and lacked emotion

Juss Forfun: Oh, come on we're at a wrestling show, you're supposed to make noise... Ok, well, anyway, I'm a pretty big under dog tonight huh? Show of hands, everyone in the crowd, who thinks that I will beat PAPA tonight? Anyone?

The crowd is crickets with no one raising their hands in sight

Juss Forfun: Yeah, that's what I thought. But let me tell you all something right now, if you don't I can pull off the upset tonight... it will be YOU that is upset by the end of the night! Hahaha...

The crowd still sits in silence, with some scattered boos throughout the building

Juss Forfun: Right, uh, gee, tough crowd. But don't worry I have plenty of material. I have more material than Home Depot!

JR: This is painful to watch

PH: If you think this is painful, just wait until PAPA comes out.

Juss Forfun: Well PAPA, you may have your Dolly... but PLAY TIME is over!

*crickets*

Juss Forfun: And ya know what, your name may be PAPA, but tonight, you'll be calling me DADDY!

The crowd looks confused for a second, but then bursts into laughter. JFF's expression changes into beaming positivity, saying off mic "they like me! they really like me!" perhaps not realizing though that it seems this crowd is laughing at JFF more than they are laughing with him

JR: What?!

PH: Don't question your ears JR, he did say what you think he said

JR: Paul, why the hell did you sign this guy?

PH: I just told you, there's nothing I love more than terrible stand up comedy.

Match 3: PAPA vs. Juss Forfun Quest For Gold: East

The mood in the arena though changes, as PAPA makes his entrance, with Dolly by his side. The mood on JFF's face changes to a bit of fear. Just as Papa enters the ring, JFF takes his shot and runs right at him throwing punches to the back and neck of Papa as the bell rings. Papa quickly powers out, shoving JFF to the canvas. JFF looks up at this monster, before getting back at and jumping towards Papa. Papa catches JFF in a bear hug, and begins squeezing the life out of him. Papa is heard yelling "You think this is a joke!? You think I am a joke?" as he swings JFF around in a bear hug. After a few moments of this, PAPA lifts JFF from the bear hug onto his shoulders in a fireman's carry. PAPA goes round in round in an air plane spin, laughing hysterically as he increases his speed. Papa lets JFF down on his feet, who feels dizzy and falls to the ground. Papa stays on the attack, lifting up JFF and putting him in the electric chair position, while saying "Nobody makes a joke of me. Meet your Grand Finale" as he plants JFF face first into the ground, before slowly rolling him over into a cover
    3!

Spoiler:

Winner: PAPA
    JR: To use some bad comedy myself, we need a clean up on isle 5

PH: All jokes aside, Papa has now had dominating performances in each of his first 2 match ups, and will now advance to the round of 16. Who could possibly stop this monster?

*cut to commercial*

We come back as Mikey James is making his entrance

Aaron Harrows music hits and he makes his way to the ring with a mic in hand

Harrows: You know, I knew my path to becoming the first ever HWA champion was going to be a breeze, but I'll be honest, I didn't expect it to be this easy. "Make A Wish" Mikey, I'm sorry buddy, but today you're all out of wishes. It's a modern miracle that you're able to walk sure, but compete in a wrestling ring against a top tier athlete like myself? Come on now man, you should've just counted your lucky stars when you were able to walk again.

Harrows continues talking as he makes his way to the ring at the ring steps

Harrows: And you know Mike, I don't blame you, I blame today's culture. We live in the era of participation trophies, and inclusion, and everybody wins even if you've done nothing to earn it. I'm sure you've been told that you deserve to be here, that you deserve a chance, but when I am done with you, you're going to need nano-technology to repair your face.

Match 4: Mikey James vs. Aaron Harrows Quest For Gold: North

Harrows enters the ring and drops the mic as the bell rings. Harrows though can't help himself and goes back to get the mic

Harrows: I'll tell you what buddy, let's just save the embarrassment for you. Just lay down, and we'll get this over with and save you any embarrassment.

Harrows drops the mic and turns back to Mikey, but is met with a boot right to the stomach. Falls to the canvas and rolls to the outside of the ring, gasping for air looking like the wind has been knocked out of him from just one kick. Harrows looks back in the ring at Mikey, and the formerly smug arrogance on the face of Harrows has now turned into a face of "What have I just gotten myself into?" After taking a moment Harrows climbs back in the ring and tries to lock up with James, but James instead hits a kick to the leg of Harrows who quickly backs away. Harrows then charges at James and takes him down with a clothesline, and as Mikey gets up Harrows follows it with a dropkick, planting his foot to the chin of James and knocking him to the mat. Harrows puts a headlock on the grounded James. Mikey slowly makes his way back to his feet, and shoots Harrows off the ropes. On the rebound James looks for a big roundhouse kick, but harrows hangs onto the ropes and again rolls to the outside of the ring.

JR: I think Harrows needs a new game plan here.

PH: He should not have underestimated Mikey, big mistake!

Mikey decides to hop out of the ring and go after Harrows. Harrows runs around ringside as James is coming after him. Harrows runs into the ring and waits as Mikey does the same, Harrows clotheslines him over the top rope to the floor, Mikey landing on his feet. Harrows then runs and hits a suicide dive, diving over the second rope and taking out James. Harrows then takes James and throws him face first into the ring post. Before Mikey can fall to the ground, Harrows pulls him back and smacks his head off the post again. And again, and again, and again. Afterwards Harrows beginds grinding James face against the post, punishing him as much as possible. Harrows throws James back in the ring and goes for a pin

One!
    Two!
    But James kicks out at two. Harrows lifts James up, going for his finisher Oscar Number One (headlock driver) but James pushes Harrows off. Harrows turns around and runs back at James but is met with a huge roundhouse kick connecting to the temple of Harrows, with the sound echoing throughout the arena as James goes for the cover

One!
    Two!
    Three!

Spoiler:

Winner: Mikey James

PH: I tried to warn you Harrows, Mikey James is not to be taken lightly

JR: Did you hear that kick Paul? I can still hear the echo ringing, my god.

PH: No doubt about it, Mikey James has an advantage that no one else has, and that's the power of the kick

JR: Well coming up next we have our main event for the evening, Nathan Reid and Darius Riggs, two best friends, two tag team partners, will battle it out in our last match of the evening to move on to the third round of the HWA Quest For Gold Tournament! Don't go anywhere, we'll be right back

*cut to commercial*

The camera cuts to a pre-recorded video package featuring clips from two separate sit down interviews edited in to cut from one to the other, featuring Darius Riggs and Nathan Reid

Riggs: My name is Darius Riggs, and I'm from Hotlanta, Georgia

Reid: I'm Nathan Reid, I'm from Atlanta, GA

Riggs: Me and Reid have known each other since we were 10 years old. Even back then, we were a team. We would talk about wrestling every day, how one day we're going to be the tag team champions, so this whole thing has just been a dream come true.

Reid: Riggs and I have been competing almost solely as a tag team in Indys for the last 7 years. Any promoter we went to, we always presented ourselves as a package deal, you can't book one but not the other.

Riggs: The early years were tough. We both were flat broke, both had part time jobs just to be able to pay for gas so we could get to our next booking, and especially in the early years that wasn't paying us a lot.

Reid: There were definitely a lot of nights where we'd finish a show, we'd shower, and then we'd sleep in my car. But I don't regret any of that because it brought us to where we are today.

Riggs: I remember one night, we had a show New York, and the show isn't going to finish until late so we were gonna just sleep afterward and drive back in the morning. This ended up being one of our best performances as a team I think, we were just clicking, beat ourselves to hell, and ended up losing in front of a crowd of maybe a couple hundred people. I remember saying to Reid after the match, that this is so frustrating, we have the great performance, and it's seen by those 200 people but then what? It just disappears? And it was that point that I was starting to feel like we would never get to this point. And so later that night, we go back to his car, try to get some sleep before we drive back, and we're both hurting pretty bad physically, can't even sleep in a bed, and he tells me "I know you can't see it right now, but you have to trust me on this. One day, this is going to be how we make our living." I'll never forget that.

Reid: So when Paul Heyman announced the start of this HWA and he went into detail about what he was looking for, I remember Riggs telling me "He is looking for us, he just doesn't know it yet." And ya know, sure enough we send over some tape, a highlight reel from us, and two days later I get a call from Paul Heyman himself, saying that he would love to sign both of us.

Riggs: When Reid told me Paul Heyman called, I thought he was joking, I remember just saying like "that's not funny, don't play with that" and eventually I realized that this is real. And once that sunk in, I just burst into tears. Everything we worked for for the past 7 years we've been teaming, it finally paid off. We were never top guys in any Independent, even as a team. We never won a tag team championship with any promotion, we were always the guys that lost to the champion. So for us to go from that, to be here in HWA, it's just unreal to think about.

Reid: So after we sign, we're told about this tournament, and the whole roster is going to be in it, winner gets the HWA championship. And we're told "even if you don't win, it'll be a good chance to show off what you can do individually and get people interested in you as a team" and I just said "Bullsh** I'm gonna win the whole f**king thing". Riggs kind of looked over at me with this surprised look and I just sort of laughed and said "And if I don't, he will" and we both laughed.

Riggs: When the brackets come out, we both get on the computer to take a look at them. We quickly realize that if both of us win in the first round, we're facing each other in the 2nd round. And we just kind of sat there for a couple minutes in silence and Reid finally says "if it happens, may the best man win, at the end we'll shake hands, and we'll always be a team.

I've definitely noticed a lot of confidence out of Reid for this match, and I'll tell you what, he better not think I'm gonna take it easy on him. I'm gonna beat the hell out of him, as I'm sure he'll do the same, and at the end of the night, we're gonna shake hands, win or lose, and support the other the rest of the way through this thing.

Reid: At the end of the day, Darius and I are both competitors. As much as we want to be successful as a tag team, we both want to win this tournament and hold that HWA Championship. Unfortunately, that means one of us is going to be unhappy by the end of tonight. And after I win, I hope me and Riggs are able to go on together as a tag team. I'll win the HWA Championship, and then we can win the tag team championship. Would be perfect.

Main Event: Darius Riggs vs. Nathan Reid, Round 2 Quest For Gold West

Darius Riggs and Nathan Reid enter the ring together, same entrance music, walking down the ramp together as if they're going in for a tag team match. They both get to the ring, and both faces show intensity and focus. They stare at each other in the center of the ring for a moment, before Riggs extends his hand for a hand shake. Reid pauses for a moment, and almost seemingly reluctantly shakes hands with Darius. They back off into separate corners and the bell rings.

JR: A very reluctant hand shake there by Reid

PH: This isn't about shaking hands anymore JR, the is about the HWA Championship! Only one man will advance

The two start off sizing each other with a possible test of strength, Reid sweeps the legs out from under Riggs. Riggs quickly kips up and hits Reid with an arm drag. Reid quickly back to his feet runs at Riggs who hits another deep arm drag to Reid, this time putting in an arm bar.

Reid makes his way to a vertical base, Riggs still trying to apply the hold. Reid hits a wicked back elbow to the face of Riggs, spit flying in the air. Reid sends Riggs into the ropes and follows up with a viscous knee strike, connecting right to the jaw of Riggs and sending him rolling to the outside of the ring. Reid follows Riggs to the outside, pressing him against the barricade and hits a big chop to the chest of Riggs. Reid then positions Riggs against the ring post, standing and dazed. Reid charges right at Riggs and hits another devastating knee strike, this time using the steps as leverage for him jump on, smacking his knee to the face of Riggs and Riggs' head bounces off the ring post in the process. Reid throws Riggs back in the ring and goes for a pin.

One!
    Two!
    But Riggs, dazed and confused, is able to get a shoulder up at two.

JR: Good god, Riggs was able to kick out but he's completely out of it. Look at the back of his head Paul!

PH: This is going to be an uphill battle for Darius Riggs tonight

It's at this point the camera focuses in and we can see a bit of blood starting to come out from the back of Riggs' head. Reid tries to put Riggs in a chin lock to keep him grounded, but Riggs is able to get to his feet, and then hit Reid with an elbow of his own connecting to the jaw. Reid is able to shake this off and throws Riggs out to the apron through the ropes. Reid ducks a clothesline from Riggs and then grabs onto Riggs head, throwing him head firs into the turnbuckle. Reid on the inside of the ring climbs the turnbuckle, trying to pull Riggs up to his level for a superplex, but Riggs is able to get out of it, and hits a roundhouse kick to the dome of Reid, who falls from the second turnbuckle to the canvas. Riggs climbs to the top rope and jumps off at Reid, planting him with a DDT before rolling into the cover

One!
    Two!
    But Reid is able to power out at two. Riggs and Reid both make their way to their feet and Riggs tries a step enzenguiri to Reid, but Reid able to duck out of the way, and then grabs Riggs, running hurling him through the turnbuckle, planting his shoulder into the ring post. Reid pulls Riggs out of the post, and lifts him up in a fireman's carry, before climbing up the ropes. Reid has bad intentions as he gets to the second turnbuckle, but Riggs gets off, sliding down the back of Reid, before grabbing Reids head and tucking it into the turnbuckle, then hitting a super right to face of Reid, head bouncing off the turnbuckle. Riggs follows this up quickly grabbing Reid off the second rope and planting him with a sit out power bomb. Reid rolls to the outside to try to recover, but before he has time to even think about that Riggs comes flying in over the second rope with a suicide dive. Riggs throws Reid into the ring, stalking him as he makes his way to his feet. Riggs runs at Reid looking for a spear, but Reid counters with another viscous knee strike, and then this time follows it up hitting a swinging neck breaker on Riggs. Reid goes into a cover

One!
    Two!
    But again Riggs gets the shoulder up. Riggs and Reid both stay down for a moment, but Reid makes his way back to his feet and tries to lift up Riggs for a power bomb. Riggs is able to stay grounded, not allowing Reid to lift him, and countering out before throwing an elbow to the face of Reid. Reid back peddles but then hits a step up knee strike, again connecting to the jaw of Riggs. Riggs, in desperation, hits reid with a step up enzenguiri and both men fall to the canvas, both hurt and gassed.

JR: Good god Paul, they weren't lying when they said they would beat the hell out of each other

PH: Absolutely not, and if this is what these two are willing to do to each other, just imagine what they'll be able to accomplish as a team.

Riggs and Reid, almost simultaneously, roll underneath the bottom rope to the apron and use the ropes to try to pull themselves up. They stand on the apron and exchange blows with punches to the face. Riggs, then Reid, Riggs, then Reid. Riggs, then Reid, but this time Reid lifts his boot up and nails a boot to the face of Riggs, and follows it up by locking in the head of Riggs and planting him head first with a DDT onto the apron! Reid very quickly rolls Riggs into the ring to get the cover

One!
    Two!
    Thr- but Riggs somehow kicks out!

JR: How the hell! Darius Riggs has absorbed so much punishment to the head and face, how is he still going!?

PH: It just speaks to how bad everyone in this tournament wants it. This is the HWA Championship on the line here JR, history in the making, everyone wants their chance to be first!

Reid gets up and the facial expression changes, while both men have been intense all match, Reid now looks almost possessed. As Riggs is trying to make it to his feet, facing away from Reid, Riggs pulls down his own knee pad, possibly looking for another devastating knee strike. But Reid pauses, and looks at the back of the head that he was surely going to target for that knee. He sees the blood still trickling down the back of his partner's head. Reid quickly pulls his knee pad back up, and runs at Riggs for the knee strike, but the time elapsed allows Riggs to duck and get out of the way. Riggs tries to follow up with a super kick but Reid ducks underneath and plants Riggs with a running clothesline. He lifts Riggs back up and nails him with a lumbar check! Reid goes for the cover!

One!
    Two!
    Thre- But again Riggs somehow kicks out at the last second! Reid gets that crazed look in his eyes as Riggs is crawling towards Reid, not even able to get to his feet. Riggs pulls himself up, and then slaps Reid across the face! Reid feels no remorse this time sand slaps Riggs across the face, viciously, over and over. He follows that up, with Riggs on his knees, hitting continuous chops to the chest. As Riggs slowly makes his way to his feet, Reid throws his own elbow pad to the ground and hits a nasty discuss elbow strike to the face of Riggs. This time, no hesitation Reid pulls down both of his own knee pads and lifts Riggs up, looking for another lumbar check. But this time as he lifts him up, Riggs is able to get a hold of Reid's arms, putting him in a crucifix, and rolling him up from behind in a pinning predicimant.

One!
    Two!
    Three!

Spoiler:

Winner: Darius Riggs

JR: Riggs did it! He somehow pulled it off! I'm not sure the last time I can remember someone taking that much abuse, and then being able to pull off the win like that.

PH: But you have to wonder how different this match might have been had it not been the hesitation from Reid on that knee strike. Had he hit that move to the back of Riggs' head, which was already bleeding and battered, it would have been lights out, game over. But tremendous resilience shown by Darius Riggs today, nonetheless.

Darius Riggs gets his arm raised in victory, as Reid is still in disbelief. Riggs extends a hand out to Reid. Reid puts his head in his hands, still not able to process this loss. Reid exits the ring, and sits down on the apron, head in hands, almost looks like he's in tears. Riggs exits the ring and sits right next to Reid, patting him on the back. Reid lifts his head up, and wraps his arms around Riggs hugging him, before raising his hand on the apron.

JR: Well folks, these two men went to war with each other tonight. At the end of the day it was Riggs who's hand was raised in victory, but these two mean more to each other than that, and they are going to be a force to reckoned with in the tag team division, and I'll tell you what, if Riggs can be as resilient as he was tonight through the rest of this tournament, he's got a good chance of coming out of this thing with gold in hand.

PH: And that's what it's all about, that is why these two best friends just beat the hell out of each other for the world to see, the HWA Championship is everything to every man in this tournament. We started with 64, and by the end there will be one man left that will be the historic, first ever HWA Champion. Their names will go down in history! Could Darius Riggs be that man?

JR: Time will tell Paul, but that's all the time we have here tonight, thank you for joining us here live for the first ever episode of HWA Anarchy! We'll see you next week!

Thank you for reading, and thank you to Looking Glass and Hermes for doing promos for the show. Let me know what you guys thought, and feedback is appreciated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information