Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and Wrestling

Re: Coronavirus and Wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Probably inevitable given the spikes going on in Florida. However, this is co-opted Ryan Satin's reporting of it, rumour has it the amount that have tested positive is in the dozens. Gonna be very interesting to see who is available for Smackdown and next week's Raw.
    Gee, who could have ever predicted this with how careful the WWE has been?

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

I know, and after Triple H told us all about that special stuff they sprayed on the canvas to disinfect the ring, I’m stunned this has happened.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I know, and after Triple H told us all about that special stuff they sprayed on the canvas to disinfect the ring, I’m stunned this has happened.
    Pretty sure that was just him doing his entrance spit with disinfectant.

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Cardcaptor

Status

I'm shocked.

WWE has always taken such good care of their workers.
    Everything will surely be alright.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

Renee has it, so Moxley probably has it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

If WWE stopped testing, the number of confirmed cases would go down. They need to stop the testing.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

[Run]

Status

Gonna be very interesting to see who is available for Smackdown and next week's Raw.
    They'll probably just get a bunch of indy talent and NXT guys in to job again like they did before.

AEW are just as bad, but at least they're transparent as to who's missing and why.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Renee has it, so Moxley probably has it too.
    You’d have to imagine that fyter fest match with Cage is seriously in doubt now.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

Meltzer has reported that Mox has tested negative.

Kayla Braxton and Adam Pierce both tested positive as well, Kayla had it back in March as well.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Main Eventer

Status

lol apparently wwe arent to happy with Renee Young tweeting she has covid.

can they get any more ridiculous?
    ROH 2003 - end of 2008 = best years of wrestling ever

Heel Champion

Status
    WWE is reportedly looking at bringing back fans to events as early as next month. According to a report from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Vince McMahon is determined to be the first promoter to run a live event indoors with fans again.

“WWE had planned to start taping with crowds in Florida. They have contacted a company for local people for a Friday and a Monday in late July,” wrote Dave Meltzer. The report continues to say this has likely been pushed back to August.

The plan would be to run the events from the RP Funding Center in Lakeland, FL. The venue holds about 8,000 people but the events would not run with capacity attendance. Instead, fans would be socially distanced and the venue would be at limited capacity. This is similar to NJPW’s plan for next month’s Dominion event from Osaka Jo-Hall, although the outbreak of the coronavirus in the two locations is at significantly different stages.

As of this writing, WWE appears to be dealing with an outbreak of COVID-19 from the Performance Center in Orlando. Multiple WWE employees have announced publicly that they have tested positive for the virus. Additionally, several advertised segments for last night’s Smackdown did not occur. AJ Styles vs Drew Gulak was advertised but did not happen. Gulak did commentary for 205 Live but Styles was not on the show, other than the airing of his Boneyard Match with the Undertaker from WrestleMania.
    Is Vince serious? He's been chancing his luck for months and has recently had a Coronavirus spike that's affected many talent and staff, but he's still keen on getting fans back in the building? What a joke..

Quote Originally Posted by F4W Online
    WWE is continuing to move ahead with filming new episodes of Raw, SmackDown, and NXT this week with three days of taping planned according to a report by Post Wrestling and later verified by our Dave Meltzer.

• Wednesday, July 1st: Two weeks of The Great American Bash episodes will be filmed. Wednesday's will air that night with the other episode airing the following week.
    • Thursday, July 2nd: The July 3rd and July 10th SmackDowns will be filmed in addition to 205 Live.
    • Friday, July 3rd: The July 6th and July 10th episodes of Raw will be filmed in addition to WWE Main Event and Raw Talk.

This Monday's Raw was filmed earlier Saturday at the Performance Center. Post also reported that two additional NXT episodes that were to be filmed Thursday are now off.

The changes come as WWE deals with a slew of positive COVID-19 tests that already required some postponements. Several producers and broadcasters (Renee Young, Kayla Braxton, Adam Pearce, and Jamie Noble) have publicly said they tested positive.
    Here's the latest..
    Last edited by Fuji Vice; 06-28-2020 at 07:55 AM.

Heel Champion

Status

During a recent interview with Hindu MetroPlus, WWE Superstar Roman Reigns commented on not working in WWE right now due to the pandemic, his return to WWE, and more. You can check out some highlights from the interview below:

On the last two months and getting ready for the birth of his twins: “It’s been tough… it is hard to get two babies coordinated and on the same schedule, so that they don’t keep you up all night! They seem to have this little trick they like to play at about 6.30 in the morning, that is when I really wake up bright-eyed and ready to go… but it has been great. It has been a great blessing to have two more additions, and to be able to expand our family tree.”

On making the choice not to work during the pandemic: “For me, I just had to make a choice for my family. The company (WWE) has done everything that they can to make it the safest work environment possible. It is not the workplace that I was necessarily concerned about.” The decision was taken mainly because each performer travels so much, and we are all such a diverse group and from all over the place. I’m not convinced, and I can’t trust the fact that everybody is taking it as seriously and locking themselves down at home like I am. I trust my life with my co-workers every time I step foot in the ring, but I just can’t put the same trust when it has my children, my wife and my family involved. But I don’t want it to come off as I am taking a stand against the company at all, because I love the WWE. I’ve been a part of this company just since I was a little boy. That’s why I always take it so personally when I represent them.”

On possibly competing in empty arenas when he is ready to return: “I’m ready to smash people if you know what I mean. I’ve been training my butt off during this pandemic. As far as performing in front of an empty arena is concerned, it is tough and I really commend all the guys and girls who are doing it. Everything that I have ever learned was in order to get a reaction and to interact with our fans… so that is the hardest part. But when it comes down to it, I am gonna get in there and compete at the highest level… hopefully for a title. More specifically, the Universal Championship. If not, I will be there to prove that I’m not just the top of the mountain, but I am the mountain. I am [WWE’s] biggest star, regardless of if I am on the show or not… so I have everything to prove and everything to lose as well.”

I didn't even consider his pregnant partner/two unborn babies as a factor. Good to see that he's getting ready for ring action.

[Run]

Status

Roman seems like such a good guy outside the ring, it makes it all the more hilarious that WWE can't book him as a babyface properly.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Roman seems like such a good guy outside the ring, it makes it all the more hilarious that WWE can't book him as a babyface properly.

It's honestly so frustrating. Dude should be a very easy baby face to get over. Go out, be yourself and kick ass. It's not rocket science.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Heel Champion

Status

There isn't one babyface that imo WWE has booked correctly in the last 5 years. Drew.. Seth.. Roman.. Dean.. How would you book Roman?

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    There isn't one babyface that imo WWE has booked correctly in the last 5 years. Drew.. Seth.. Roman.. Dean.. How would you book Roman?
    Kofi?

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Coronavirus and Wrestling

Also, I think Shock’s brief statement is the answer to the question of how you’d book Roman. All ass kicking, all the time, talk and act like your actual self. So simple.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    It's honestly so frustrating. Dude should be a very easy baby face to get over. Go out, be yourself and kick ass. It's not rocket science.

Agreed on hundred percent, don’t know why it was so hard for WWE to do that with him.

It’s still baffling to me that they’re are still people out there that have been shaming the likes of Roman, Sami, and Kevin Owens for choosing to stay home through all of this despite the recent news of all the positive tests.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Heel Champion

Status

WWE NXT Re: Coronavirus and Wrestling

Dave Meltzer of F4Wonline.com reported today that “A major announcement is expected to be made Tuesday regarding the future of the NXT UK brand of WWE as talent were informed there is a mandatory conference call tomorrow.”
    As of this writing, there’s no word yet on what the announcement will be.

It could be due to the concerns regarding the brand not holding shows during the coronavirus pandemic or new guidelines for sexual harassment due to the #SpeakingOut movement.
    I was going to make a thread on NXT UK earlier after my comments in here a few days ago that WWE surely must be considering scrapping the show/brand. Meltzer's report, if accurate, certainly does look like WWE might be leaning towards disbanding the project. Their original concept of NXT in different countries hasn't worked out and World Of Sport seems to have died a death, so what's the point in NXT UK other than a training ground for UK talent?

[Run]

Status

It could be one of 3 things:

1. Acknowledgement of #speakingout and new rules in place.
    2. Resumption of tapings, likely empty arena.
    3. End of the brand.

I lean towards 2.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information