Thread: What's Next for "The Golden One"? Fallout From Back in Business XIV

Striving for a B+ in life

Status
      Country                    United States

What's Next for "The Golden One"? Fallout From Back in Business XIV

Post-Back in Business Exclusive
    Streamed live on Twitch
    Published after on FWA.com and all FWA social media platforms

Following the events of Back in Business XIV, "The Golden One" Devin Golden slowly walks down the hallway of the Citrus Bowl arena bowels. He gingerly reaches the parking lot area for staff members and competitors. The eyeliner is washed off his face, and his hair is a scraggly mess. Todd Salum, the top backstage interviewer in the FWA, finally corrals Golden amid the hoopla of another concluded Back in Business event.

"So ... Golden ... a huge victory. But I think I'm not alone in wondering what comes next now that you and Michael Garcia are ... finished, I presume?"

"The Golden One" — or "The Rotten Gold", whichever you prefer — stops mid-step and looks up at Todd. He's exhausted, still catching his breath after an excruciating contest that put him through physical torment.

"I wasn't picked for the Elimination Chamber match. I don't have a World Championship opportunity. Or an X Championship shot. Or a North American Championship shot. But you know what? Facing me is a championship match in and of itself. I proved that tonight. So there are a lot of wrestlers on this roster who aren't in the Elimination Chamber match. Aren't in the running for a title shot. Any of the titles.

I can and will face anyone. Past, present, even future stars. So consider this an open challenge."

Salum, shocked, reasserts that this is in fact an open challenge. Golden nods his head. Salum then asks if it's for anyone on the FWA roster. Golden has an even larger-scale answer for him.

"To anyone in the FWA. Anyone in the world. Anyone watching at home. Anyone at all. I'll be on Fight Night. And..."

Todd Salum turns his head just in this moment. He looks down to the ground and his eyes get wide with surprise. Golden is a bit irritated that he was cut off.

"Golden, I'm sorry. So sorry. But it seems ... it seems like we already have an answer to your challenge. Someone watching this stream ... this LIVE stream. I can't say who. The details haven't been formally figured out yet. But ... you did say ...

anyone in the world. You did say ... past stars."

Golden senses that it truly could be anyone. He immediately looks with a blank stare back at Salum, who then requests the feed end and camera shut off. The last thing we see is Golden shouting, "I meant what I said. ANY---ONE."

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Re: What's Next for "The Golden One"? Fallout From Back in Business XIV