Thread: WrestleWay Presents: Josh Barnett's Outdoor BBQ Bash!

The Flow

Status
      Country                    Canada

WrestleWay Presents: Josh Barnett's Outdoor BBQ Bash!

WrestleWay Presents: Josh Barnett's Outdoor BBQ Bash!

WrestleWay Tag Team Championship

TLC Match

The New Day (Big E and Xavier Woods) (c) vs. FinJuice vs. Moustache Mountain vs. Lifeblood

What started as a great friendship between two teams has now ended. WrestleWay Tag Team Champions The New Day struck an alliance with fellow fan favourite team FinJuice, David Finlay and Juice Robinson. It was clear Xavier Woods was getting annoyed that the fans were starting to enjoy FinJuice more than them. Eventually Woods threatened to leave The New Day if Kofi Kingston and Big E stayed friends with Robinson and Finlay. In a friendly non-title tag team match, FinJuice upset Kingston and Big E when Robinson pinned former WWE Champion Kingston, while Woods refused to show up in protest. After the match when FinJuice offered a friendly handshake Kingston and Big E embraced them. However Woods showed up and surprised FinJuice with a steel chair to Finlay's back. Big E then hit Robinson with a belly-to-belly suplex and The New Day officially turned heel. The teams ended up fighting in a handicap match for the titles on WrestleWayTV where The New Day came out victorious. Afterwards The New Day selfishly declared themselves as the greatest tag team in wrestling history and they can only give credit to themselves, not to the fans who turned on them. While Kofi ended getting into a conflict to deal himself, Woods and Big E were confronted backstage by Moustache Mountain, Tyler Bate and Trent Seven. MM said they were tired of The New Day disrespecting the other tag teams as well as the fans who help pay their dues. Lifeblood also chimed in, upset that FinJuice got the opportunity to challenge for the titles before them. Eventually senior wrestler in charge, Josh Barnett, decided to put the 4 teams in a TLC match to settle things once and for all!

WrestleWay International Championship

Isaiah "Swerve" Scott (c) vs. Kofi Kingston

In the midst of the tag team chaos, Kofi Kingston got himself into a conflict himself. He tried to insinuate that the fans were holding the black man back. Isaiah "Swerve" Scott, however, interrupted him and reminded him that the fans love the International Champ! Kofi, irate that Scott would interrupt his time, retaliated with a backstage attack where he revealed that Josh Barnett has granted him a match against Scott.

Special Attraction Match

Anything Goes

"The Warmaster" Josh Barnett vs. Michael Elgin

Special Guest Referee: MJF

Josh Barnett has been the face of WrestleWay ever since he was named senior wrestler in charge. This news has upset many of the WW locker room, but Michael Elgin was especially mad because he believed he was gonna be SWIC. Barnett vowed not to get involved in his own show, but "Unbreakable" Elgin wouldn't stop asking for a match. It was only after Elgin threatened to injure every wrestler in his path that Barnett finally granted his wish. Barnett had some news for Elgin, however. Their match will be anything goes! MJF, a constant thorn in Barnett's side, has also suggested to the board of directors that they should appoint himself as the special guest referee in the match. The board has agreed and MJF will be the special guest ref!

International Flavour

Jordan Devlin vs. KENTA

Two men who have been to similar places but have never faced off against each other are Jordan Devlin and KENTA. The two of them held much respect for one another, but that doesn't mean they like each other. Devlin challenged KENTA to a first ever one-on-one meeting which KENTA said he would think about. The two of them were forced to tag together against Moustache Mountain which they surprisingly won after interference from The New Day. The next week saw them go up against FinJuice which they lost after Moustache Mountain stopped The New Day from interfering. After the match KENTA laid Devlin out and accepted his challenge. Two of the best in the world will go at it!

WrestleWay World Heavyweight Championship Number One Contender Match

Filthy Tom Lawlor vs. Hirooki Goto

Ever since joining WrestleWay Filthy Tom Lawlor has had a major chip on his shoulder. He declared himself number one contender to Minoru Suzuki's World Heavyweight Championship to which Josh Barnett quickly rebuffed him. Lawlor then set his sights on Hirooki Goto. Lawlor challenged Goto to a match at the BBQ Bash where the winner would get a future title match. Goto accepted and wished Lawlor well. Not one to shy away from being dirty, Lawlor couldn't wait and attacked Goto at the BBQ Bash Press Conference. Now with Goto full of rage, who will become the number one contender at the BBQ Bash?

WrestleWay World Heavyweight Championship

No Time-Limit Deathmatch

Minoru Suzuki (c) vs. Pete Dunne

Minoru Suzuki has enjoyed his time at the top of WrestleWay. He now has a new Suzuki-gun consisting of MJF, The New Day, and KENTA. He defeated Josh Barnett to win the WrestleWay World Heavyweight Championship and later announced that he was granted to handpick his BBQ Bash opponent. After some deliberation he revealed that Pete Dunne would be his opponent. Pete Dunne, in typical Bruiserweight fashion, responded to the news with a very nonchalant expression. Suzuki then revealed that the only reason he chose Dunne was because he believed it would be an easy win. Dunne responded by attacking Suzuki after Suzuki defeated Isaiah "Swerve" Scott in a champion vs. champion match. After making Suzuki scream by bending his fingers, Dunne foolishly let go which allowed MJF to lead an ambush by Suzuki-gun. After being saved by BSS stablemates Moustache Mountain as well as Scott, Dunne declared that he would take Suzuki on in a no time-limit deathmatch. Will Pete Dunne realize his dreams and become World Heavyweight Champion? Or will Minoru Suzuki stand by his words and take Pete Dunne to the cleaners? Find out at Josh Barnett's Outdoor BBQ Bash!

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang
    [06:01 PM]Dakstang
    :
    Yeah I guess you are right. And I only want to be Daddy to my own kids. Sorry.

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WrestleWay Presents: Josh Barnett's Outdoor BBQ Bash!

This card really took me by surprise as I expect BSS Vs New Day, so I applaud not going down the obvious route.

I'm not crazy for TLC matches, but these are 4 talented teams and they'd make it work for sure.

Swerve/Kofi would be ok, but I'm kinda over the Kofi singles guy thing now.

Barnett/Elgin is ok, but I don't think it's the most exciting Barnett match you can book with this roster on hand.

KENTA/Devlin would rule, especially with no BC run-ins.

Lawlor/Goto actually sounds like a good match. Lawlor was someone I was considering picking up as he's got a unique aura around his matches and you can slot him against 90% of guys and it's a fresh match.

Suzuki/Dunne would be an interesting main event. Not sure it really needs the deathmatch stipulation when Dunne barely uses weapons and Suzuki only really does chairshots here and there, but I'd want to see it.

[Run]

Status

Will feedback later, but is there a man missing here? All the matches are singles/tags and MJF is reffing one.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Good spot Dave, I hadn't even noticed Mitch hadn't booked his #1 pick Timothy Thatcher

The Flow

Status
      Country                    Canada

Fuck I did this in a rush and completely forgot about Thatcher, I actually felt like I was missing someone too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang
    [06:01 PM]Dakstang
    :
    Yeah I guess you are right. And I only want to be Daddy to my own kids. Sorry.

[Run]

Status

Actual feedback time

The TLC match will be good, but feels like a waste of the talent involved, and a tad lazy if I'm honest (although I know you've been busy recently mate, so nothing personal). That New Day/BSS match would have been far more appealing to me personally, as would have a Lifeblood/FinJuice tag.

Strickland/Kofi would be good. Not the best use of either though.

I'm actually a fan of Elgin/Barnett, but dislike MJF as the ref as he feels unecessary. Just let them hosses have at it!

The three main singles matches all work for me. Great job!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Thread Information