Thread: Clique Wrestling Chapter 1 [Ticket Wars]

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Clique Wrestling Chapter 1 [Ticket Wars]

CLIQUE WRESTLING
    Chapter 1 - Note: Baron Corbin died on the way back to his home planet.

Wembley Arena, London.

Speedball Mike Bailey, Akira Tozawa and El Hijo del Vikingo Vs Barbaro Cavernario, Taiji Ishimori and Lio Rush
    Kicking off the show in style with an international showcase of cruiserweight trios action. On the Technicos team, Canada's Mike Bailey who is the sole reason the show has to be in England, Japan's Akira Tozawa who is well versed in trios matches from his time in Dragon Gate, and the fastest rising star in Mexican wrestling, the electric El Hijo del Vikingo. On the Rudos side of things, my personal pick for the best wrestler in Mexico, the caveman Cavernario, New Japan's Ishimori who can take a break from the Bullet Club gimmick to be a great wrestler again, and NXT's Lio Rush who for the purpose of this match has to revert to being a heel again.

+

Drew McIntyre Vs Ilja Dragunov
    There's no Brexit on show here with a clash of Europe's finest wrestlers, Scotland's Drew McIntyre, a Wrestlemania main eventer, versus Russia's Ilja Dragunov, a *checks notes* World's Collide opener who deserves bigger opportunities. Both men possess sudden death finishing moves that almost always end matches out of nowhere, Drew's Claymore kick and Ilja's Torpedo Moscow headbutt - it could be a sprint of a match to see who can land their lethal manoeuvres first.

+

Tornado Tag
    Kenny Omega and Hangman Page Vs The Briscoe Brothers

The hottest tag team on the planet at the moment is the makeshift team of Omega and Page who despite some tensions have stumbled on magic as they are able to come together and knock down every established tag team put in their path. However it's one thing to knock off teams of a similar, high flying, superkick party style down in Jacksonville, but what about a different challenge? What about the greatest tag team of the 21st Century? What about dem boys from down Sandy Fork, Delaware? The challenge has been laid down, and irked by Jay Briscoe's comments about looking forward to making Page his bitch again just like when he was a little jobber back in ROH, Page swiftly accept the match on behalf of his team and insisted the match be a tornado tag.

+

Andrade Vs Hiromu Takahashi
    I was gonna make up a dopey storyline about how Hiromu sent a Daryl toy to Charlotte and draws her in his scrapbook, but there's no need, this match sells it self on the reputation of the wrestlers alone.

+

Zack Sabre Jr Vs Daniel Makabe
    Two students of the game with, as Zack might say, unbelievable tekkers, meet up here in a first time ever contest. As part of his booking, Daniel Makabe has been requested to wrestle in a classic West Bromwich Albion blue and white striped shirt. Zack Sabre Jr has responded on twitter by saying Makabe wrestling in 'Tory scum colours' will fuel him on even more to tap out Makabe.

+

Clique Wrestling Womens Championship
    Tessa Blanchard Vs Bianca Belair

Tessa Blanchard might be the undeniable greatest womens wrestler in North America, but given her attitude problems in the past, she's been limited to showcasing her work on a smaller scale and regularly has to wrestle men as there's nothing left for her to prove in Impact's womens division. At Chapter 1 she'll get the chance to step up and face an opponent worthy of her reputation, the highly athletic and supremely talented Bianca Belair who doesn't back down from anyone. Am I that scummy a promoter to tease an angle out of the Tessa racist allegations and Bianca being Miss Black History in the making? Maybe I am, tune in to find out.

+

Clique Wrestling Mens Championship
    Daniel Bryan Vs Keith Lee

The Daniel Bryan dream match tour hasn't really got going since he re-signed with WWE, only a semi regular on PPV now and with recent programs against Heath Slater and Bray Wyatt doing little to ignite fan interest. Not in Clique Wrestling where he is put back into his rightful position in the main event challenging for the top prize in the business against a fresh batch of talented opponents. His opponent at Chapter 1 is the 6'2", 320 pound Keith Lee; a man who only broke out on the scene a few years ago and looks set to be one of the fastest rising heavyweight stars in the business today. Will Lee's size, strength and limitless abilities be enough to overcome Bryan, or will arguably the greatest wrestler of all time have enough fight and experience in him to overcome another giant challenge?

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Clique Wrestling Chapter 1 [Ticket Wars]

If you drafted Baron Corbin just to leave him off the card I'm gonna vote for you to win this thing

The double main event is awesome. Not a lot else on the card is something I'm familiar with (barring the equally great-looking tag match), but I'll be damned if Bryan/Lee isn't a great closer.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Pathetically Recapping Wrestling's Most Famous Garbage
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic Hall of Famer

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

#BlackLivesMatter

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

You deserve to win just for the write up of some of these matches

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Hail To The King

Status

Geez dont you think its little fucked up too kill the dude

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    ​Brayden Bridges

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Poor Corbin

Just about everything from this card intrigues me. In particular Bryan vs Lee and Andrade vs Hiromu, but really everything on here sounds like a banger even though I’m not too familiar with a few names.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

[Run]

Status
      Country                    England

Good card all around

Unfamiliar with Vikango and Carnavaro but like the rest so all good.

Ilja/Drew sounds like a sleeper MOTN

Good call on Briscoes/Omega & Page being a tornado tag, both teams will thrive in that environment.

Andrade/Takahashi, Belair/Tessa and Lee/Bryan will all rock. Unfamiliar with Makabe but as long as he can hang with Zack this should be fine too.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Status

Vikingo steals the show.

I applaud the racism-themed women's match.

I want the full build to Andrade v Takahashi. The "This is a dream match so suck it" build is lame, Ed.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Thread Information