Results 1,121 to 1,133 of 1133

Thread: Coronavirus

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Re: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by ServantofTwilight View Post
    https://www.costco.com/covid-updates.html

"Face Covering Requirements

To protect our members and employees, effective May 4, all Costco members and guests must wear a face covering that covers their mouth and nose at all times while at Costco. This requirement does not apply to children under the age of 2 or to individuals who are unable to wear a face covering due to a medical condition.
    The use of a face covering should not be seen as a substitute for social distancing. Please continue to observe rules regarding appropriate distancing while on Costco premises. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation."

If we are using Costco as an example then people with medical reasons are exempt. I imagine this has more to do with a fear of a large discrimination lawsuit then any actual law.
    Exactly what I was talking about. And we cannot approach them asking about such condition. Same as you cant approach anyone asking about their service animals. I live this life as asset protection.

Main Eventer

Status

What a turn of events!!!! Everyone was acting like they knew what was up. Then someone actually checked Costco and Sayer ended up being right.
    Proud Member of the PC Master Race.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

I work with compliance and AP for Wal-mart. I've had numerous discussions with corporate H.O. about what we can and cannot do.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Just out of curiosity.

Purely in the context of the COVID scenario:

What would your grounds and argument for lawsuit be if you were asked to wear a mask, refused because say asthma and therefore denied entry?

Discrimination?

I just don't see someone successfully arguing that they are not to wear a mask due to asthma etc when you shouldn't even been going out and putting yourself at risk? You already put your health on the line prior to wearing a mask.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

I don't know that anyone has ever done it, Shake, but yes...discrimination.

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    Just out of curiosity.

Purely in the context of the COVID scenario:

What would your grounds and argument for lawsuit be if you were asked to wear a mask, refused because say asthma and therefore denied entry?

Discrimination?

I just don't see someone successfully arguing that they are not to wear a mask due to asthma etc when you shouldn't even been going out and putting yourself at risk? You already put your health on the line prior to wearing a mask.
    Also its not against the law to go out if you are part of a vulnerable population. Its a recomendation.
    Proud Member of the PC Master Race.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Also its not against the law to go out if you are part of a vulnerable population. Its a recomendation.
    Nobody said it was against the law.

Trying to argue discrimination on that basis is fair. I don't think anyone suing would win a case though unless some extreme negligence was shown on part of whoever they were suing.

Put it this way: any lawyer worth their salt would destroy anyone, with underlying health conditions such as asthma, to sue for being told to wear a mask. Your argument would be centered around the fact you have a medical condition that a mask may worsen. But you've just literally went out into the public, as someone who should be shielded, and exposed yourself to something that might kill the fuck out of you, knowingly. It's a wobbly leg to stand on imo. An ugly argument I know but without exceptional circumstance, you'd just look like a right tit for trying to sue over this imo.

People are well within their right to refuse and medical conditions can't be argued against. But there's absolutely nothing to stop people making this up on the spot either, right?

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Cardcaptor

Status

The problem is half these idiots are just going to make this shit up to get out of it.

As far as I'm concerned, unless you have some sort of doctors note that can be verified, you should not be exempt. Also, if you have a medical condition and you are not supposed to wear a mask? Well, again. You should probably be staying home, anyway. The same doctors telling you a mask isn't a good idea, probably wouldn't want you going out.
    Everything will surely be alright.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    Nobody said it was against the law.

Trying to argue discrimination on that basis is fair. I don't think anyone suing would win a case though unless some extreme negligence was shown on part of whoever they were suing.

Put it this way: any lawyer worth their salt would destroy anyone, with underlying health conditions such as asthma, to sue for being told to wear a mask. Your argument would be centered around the fact you have a medical condition that a mask may worsen. But you've just literally went out into the public, as someone who should be shielded, and exposed yourself to something that might kill the fuck out of you, knowingly. It's a wobbly leg to stand on imo. An ugly argument I know but without exceptional circumstance, you'd just look like a right tit for trying to sue over this imo.

People are well within their right to refuse and medical conditions can't be argued against. But there's absolutely nothing to stop people making this up on the spot either, right?
    I mean, would it really be a slam dunk case when the opposition would just have to prove that the non N95 masks provide very little protection anyways as many state?

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    The problem is half these idiots are just going to make this shit up to get out of it.

As far as I'm concerned, unless you have some sort of doctors note that can be verified, you should not be exempt. Also, if you have a medical condition and you are not supposed to wear a mask? Well, again. You should probably be staying home, anyway. The same doctors telling you a mask isn't a good idea, probably wouldn't want you going out.
    No doubt. But again, a grocery store clerk can not ask someone about their medical history. If they do, the customer does not have to answer.

And there is no DOUBT that 98.5% of these people aren't wearing them just because they're uncomfortable.

Cardcaptor

Status

Fair enough, I guess. Everything you say just more so strengthens the case on why America is broken and a mess on so many levels.

A good deal of us knew this for a long time, but it's like taking off the bandage and seeing just how bad the wound has gotten. At this point, the only real option is amputation.
    Everything will surely be alright.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    I mean, would it really be a slam dunk case when the opposition would just have to prove that the non N95 masks provide very little protection anyways as many state?
    It provides more protection than none. Your wording of that argument is not sound and nobody would try to argue they provide very little protection - they would have to argue that it provides none at all. And again, the argument fails because you're trying to argue about protection - this person, out in the big shops, isn't protecting themselves regardless of mask/no mask so the question of protection is already answered. As I said, the logic simply trips you up.

That's the only fact that matters. If you are turning down extra protection on the basis of medical issues then why in the fuck are you outside and trying to go shopping where there will be likely a dense congregation of potentially infected *and contagious* people.

And I would be extremely curious to see a lawyer try to argue that these masks offer little to no protection and therefore are not required.

At this point, I just assume a lot of people are self conscious and don't want to be seen wearing a mask for whatever reason.

My scenario is purely COVID btw. If a store just randomly decided to tell people to all wear masks and there wasn't a pandemic happening? Sure, it's a weak as fuck hill to try and die on. But during a pandemic? Changes the scenario massively imo. Also, a person could be an asymptomatic carrier and by refusing a mask, you are greatly increasing chances of transmission.
    Last edited by RainShaker; Today at 12:48 PM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    What a turn of events!!!! Everyone was acting like they knew what was up. Then someone actually checked Costco and Sayer ended up being right.
    Except for the part where he cited an act that had nothing to do with any of this I suppose.

I dunno how Costco and other businesses are verifying conditions but I wouldn't settle for anything but a doctors note. If you can refuse business on the basis of not wearing a shirt, you can refuse it for not wearing a mask. Didn't we settle all this when that bakery didn't want to make a gay wedding cake? Private business can serve whoever they choose?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Pathetically Recapping Wrestling's Most Famous Garbage
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

WC Hall of Famer

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread Information