Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354
Results 1,061 to 1,076 of 1076

Thread: Coronavirus

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: Coronavirus

So a new study shows that taking (hydroxy)chloroquine to combat COVID actually increases the mortality rate.

Over to you, the Donald.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Ichiban

Status
      Country                    United States

I sincerely doubt he's even taking it.

Just another one of his lies to go with the rest.

Might as well have a Coca-Cola executive saying "Coca-Cola is delicious!"...and then as soon as he's off screen, he says "I don't drink that shit...it'll kill ya".
    Last edited by LigerKing; 05-22-2020 at 01:09 PM.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by LigerKing View Post
    I sincerely doubt he's even taking it.

Just another one of his lies to go with the rest.
    You mean dangerous gibberish people not getting his high level of sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    You mean dangerous gibberish people not getting his high level of sarcasm.
    He's obviously just trolling the media to own the libs. MAGA!

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Pathetically Recapping Wrestling's Most Famous Garbage
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

WC Hall of Famer

Backyarder

Status

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...tment-research

President Trump needs to shut up about things he does not know and either reiterate what the doctors say or just let them say it and keep quiet.

However...

But safety concerns about hydroxychloroquine have mainly come from use of the drug in people who are sick in the hospital with COVID-19, says Susanna Naggie, an infectious disease doctor at Duke University School of Medicine. She is leading a clinical trial testing hydroxychloroquine as a prophylactic to protect healthcare workers exposed to COVID-19 patients. Because of reports of harm in very sick COVID-19 patients, “people have kind of forgotten about the decades of safety data that we do have in an ambulatory, healthy population,” she says.
    Lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater because of a hatred of Trump.
    "There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin."
    -- Linus van Pelt

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

"Mixed results" followed by

"The largest study to date, published May 22 in the Lancet, found that the drugs raised the risk of death for hospitalized COVID-19 patients. The findings are based on data from more than 96,000 coronavirus patients in 671 hospitals on six continents. Of those, nearly 15,000 received either chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine, either alone or in combination with a type of antibiotic called macrolides — usually azithromycin."

And if you go into the study in detail, you'll find that your chances of dying are higher taking any combination of antibiotic + (hydroxy)chloroquine. The evidence is there that it makes a COVID-19 battle more difficult for someone who is dealing with. Asymptomatic people are extremely unlikely to even bother taking medication. No doubt the drugs are safe to take for certain conditions... but for COVID-19 patients? If there's no crystal clear evidence pointing in a positive trajectory for the trials then what's the point? If it's not going to work on severely ill people and is actually going to contribute to their deaths then another treatment option should be explored.

I understand it may work as a preventative due to how it functions and affects the immune system (preventing it from attacking itself) but what happens when it doesn't work as a preventative and we've wasted time not looking at other treatment options?

It's not a hatred of Trump that affects this point. But most people will want medication that works in case shit hits the fan. It's clear this combination doesn't help significantly improve hospitalised patients' condition. Trump saying he's taking it and is fine etc. is going to have a bad effect on people who are influenced by them. Say they have some major symptoms and try to get some to help clear it up and just make it worse?

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Cardcaptor

Status

Ahh, yes. What do you know? A few weeks after opening things back up a bit more, and easing off restrictions? Cases start to skyrocket in Maine. And now it's Memorial Day weekend.

I ain't leaving the house until this shit is over. I guess I'm fortunate in the fact I don't ever need to. It's a petri dish of redneck idiots thinking this is an attack on their rights and going around acting a fool.

Also, there's this:

'Merica. Oh, how I can't wait to leave you when I finish college.
    Everything will surely be alright.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Brazil now has the most coronavirus cases in the world. Which makes your top three:

USA, Brazil and United Kingdom.

I wonder what on earth these countries all have in common.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Main Eventer

Status

Quebec has nearly 50k cases. And we did social distancing. Experts are now saying it doesnt spread that easily on surfaces like they previously thought and I heard a doctor on our local news saying the majority of cases arent spreading from outdoors but indoors since there is wind, fresh air etc.

of course cases are going to go up. They are going up regardless.

The WHO is now saying Sweden is a model were are going to have emulate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Brazil now has the most coronavirus cases in the world. Which makes your top three:

USA, Brazil and United Kingdom.

I wonder what on earth these countries all have in common.
    Where did you get that from?

I just checked coronavirusometer and its USA, Brazil, Russia, Spain then Uk

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
    Last edited by indyfan; 05-23-2020 at 02:05 PM.
    Proud Member of the PC Master Race.

Cardcaptor

Status

Sweden did very well.

I'd say South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Vietnam, Sweden, and New Zealand are the ones who handled it the best.

Brazil and the USA handling it the worst isn't surprising.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Ahh, yes. What do you know? A few weeks after opening things back up a bit more, and easing off restrictions? Cases start to skyrocket in Maine. And now it's Memorial Day weekend.

I ain't leaving the house until this shit is over. I guess I'm fortunate in the fact I don't ever need to. It's a petri dish of redneck idiots thinking this is an attack on their rights and going around acting a fool.

Also, there's this:

'Merica. Oh, how I can't wait to leave you when I finish college.
    I realize this is probably hyperbole, but I’d love to know how you plan to wait out the entire virus at home. If there’s no vaccine for 2 years, are you really going to be in your house the entire time? I commend you if you’re able to do that, though I’d also be very concerned for your mental health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Cardcaptor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I realize this is probably hyperbole, but I’d love to know how you plan to wait out the entire virus at home. If there’s no vaccine for 2 years, are you really going to be in your house the entire time? I commend you if you’re able to do that, though I’d also be very concerned for your mental health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eh, I meant until things flatten out a bit. For example, if America can get to the point that say South Korea is in. Or any of the other countries that are handling it well. Not until there is a vaccine or it is entirely eliminated. Then again, I don't see the USA doing that until another wave comes. =| New Brunswick sure is looking nice...

Well, I had issues with agoraphobia. So I've stayed in for years at a time, and it's certainly not healthy. So I've been a bit worried about the staying in thing causing more or less a relapse of that.

More likely, I'll probably wait a few weeks for things to hopefully slow down a bit. Go out only when needed, and wear a mask.

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Sweden did very well.

I'd say South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Vietnam, Sweden, and New Zealand are the ones who handled it the best.

Brazil and the USA handling it the worst isn't surprising.

Sweden didnt do any lockdowns. They simply trusted their population to be safe. schools are running , people at restaurants etc

They basically didnt listen the WHO, got critized for it. now the WHO is like ok we might have to be like them after all.
    Last edited by indyfan; 05-23-2020 at 07:20 PM.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Me and the Swedish government have something in common then, I trust their people to be more sensible than the UK population too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Main Eventer

Status

Sweden is going for herd immunity. They have one of the highest deaths per capita from covid 19 though

Cardcaptor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Sweden didnt do any lockdowns. They simply trusted their population to be safe. schools are running , people at restaurants etc

They basically didnt listen the WHO, got critized for it. now the WHO is like ok we might have to be like them after all.
    Japan can do mild lockdowns and only make requests for people to do things, and it works, too.

Sensible people with a focus on collectivism as a culture is a pathway to success.

The biggest issue in America? It's focus on the whole "rugged individualism" thing and "Freedoms".

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354

Thread Information