Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Coronavirus

People's Champion

Status

Re: Coronavirus

So Trump is stopping 3M from exporting masks to Canada

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nationa...-to-canada/amp

I hope Trudeau stops all Canadian healthcare proffessionals that work in the US to stop working in the US effective immediately
    Last edited by indyfan; Yesterday at 08:51 AM.
    Proud Member of the PC Master Race.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

I believe 3M are fighting that order, based on the theory that it will actually end up hurting the US in the long run. I'm sure Trump hasn't even thought about how it creates a bad precedent going forward, seeing as he's beyond caring. As a Canadian that takes most of these stories with more than one grain of salt, this one really pisses me off. The sheer audacity and selfishness towards a country that did nothing but help you during times of strife is disgusting. For fucks sake, they made a goddamn MUSICAL about how well we treat our "friendly" neighbours down south.

The funniest part about this whole thing is that the US needs the pulp we manufacture in BC to make those masks. Haven't noticed anyone over here saying we should just tell them to fuck off. I guess that's because the people in charge here aren't only thinking about themselves.

EDIT: Just saw this so I'll chime in...

I hope Trudeau stops all Canadian healthcare proffessionals that work in the US to stop working in the US effective immediately
    I hope for the exact opposite. It's in everyone's best interests to help each other right now. Doing something like that would just make us more like that asshole. I'd rather not be lumped into that category.

This is a time for people to be better. In every facet, in every moment. Hopefully most of us will take lessons from this going forward, and realize that acting in your own self interest's isn't always ideal.
    Last edited by Fuji Vice; Yesterday at 09:36 AM.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I believe 3M are fighting that order, based on the theory that it will actually end up hurting the US in the long run. I'm sure Trump hasn't even thought about how it creates a bad precedent going forward, seeing as he's beyond caring. As a Canadian that takes most of these stories with more than one grain of salt, this one really pisses me off. The sheer audacity and selfishness towards a country that did nothing but help you during times of strife is disgusting. For fucks sake, they made a goddamn MUSICAL about how well we treat our "friendly" neighbours down south.

The funniest part about this whole thing is that the US needs the pulp we manufacture in BC to make those masks. Haven't noticed anyone over here saying we should just tell them to fuck off. I guess that's because the people in charge here aren't only thinking about themselves.

EDIT: Just saw this so I'll chime in...

I hope for the exact opposite. It's in everyone's best interests to help each other right now. Doing something like that would just make us more like that asshole. I'd rather not be lumped into that category.

This is a time for people to be better. In every facet, in every moment. Hopefully most of us will take lessons from this going forward, and realize that acting in your own self interest's isn't always ideal.
    I admit, that comment was a knee jerk reaction.

Its just the audacity of Trump do something like this.
    Proud Member of the PC Master Race.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    I admit, that comment was a knee jerk reaction.
    It's cool man. There's nothing wrong with being pissed about the situation. It's definitely a side effect of having to change our whole lives overnight with no clear sign of when we'll be able to get back to normal. Knee jerk reactions are going to be much more common when that's factored in. I'm just staying optimistic that this is a good chance for most of us to show that we're inherently good people.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

I'm your Huckleberry

Status
      Country                    United States

I think an exception should be made for Canada with them being so close.

However, sending them overseas? That should stop until we are sure we have enough here. Sorry, not sorry.

Buddy if you try to take my rights you're in for one hell of a fight
    When it comes to my Constitution I'm a true believer
    Come to my house I'll tell you right now, I'll give you my gun
    When you pry it from my cold dead hand, start with my middle finger

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread Information