Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103
Results 2,041 to 2,051 of 2051

Thread: Coronavirus

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Coronavirus

This thread is almost a year old. Looking at early posts is quite something in hindsight, what a year.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Coronavirus

In the latest round of COVID insanity up here in good old Toronto, our Medical Officer of Health (yes, the world’s most redundant title) convinced the Premier of Ontario that we need to be in a stay at home order for yet another two weeks. Never mind that our numbers are very low, or that the regions directly to the north, east and west of us are open, meaning you can literally walk across the street to open businesses. Never mind that businesses here in Toronto continue to close at an alarming rate (we lost three bars that bought our beer in the last two weeks, with more on the horizon undoubtedly) or that people are starting to be evicted from their homes because they’ve run out of money. Ha, how can they “stay at home” when they don’t have a FUCKING HOME?!?!?

This person managed to convince the Premier to keep us closed because of her “feelings”. Not science. Not data. Not even a fucking pie chart. Her fucking feelings.

We are the only major city in North America that is locked down and the people here are not happy. It is going to become very dangerous here very soon, and I’m genuinely concerned for not only my colleagues and their families, but for everyone else that is being adversely affected by the political machinations of a complete and total psychopath that does not give a damn about anything but her own fifteen minutes of fame.

Oh, and for good measure, we had another suicide down the street from us this week. Great times up here.

”Greetings, Starfighter. You have been recruited by Tapatalk to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan armada."
    Last edited by Fuji Vice; 02-19-2021 at 03:11 PM.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    In the latest round of COVID insanity up here in good old Toronto, our Medical Officer of Health (yes, the world’s most redundant title) convinced the Premier of Ontario that we need to be in a stay at home order for yet another two weeks. Never mind that our numbers are very low, or that the regions directly to the north, east and west of us are open, meaning you can literally walk across the street to open businesses. Never mind that businesses here in Toronto continue to close at an alarming rate (we lost three bars that bought our beer in the last two weeks, with more on the horizon undoubtedly) or that people are starting to be evicted from their homes because they’ve run out of money. Ha, how can they “stay at home” when they don’t have a FUCKING HOME?!?!?

This person managed to convince the Premier to keep us closed because of her “feelings”. Not science. Not data. Not even a fucking pie chart. Her fucking feelings.

We are the only major city in North America that is locked down and the people here are not happy. It is going to become very dangerous here very soon, and I’m genuinely concerned for not only my colleagues and their families, but for everyone else that is being adversely affected by the political machinations of a complete and total psychopath that does not give a damn about anything but her own fifteen minutes of fame.

Oh, and for good measure, we had another suicide down the street from us this week. Great times up here.

”Greetings, Starfighter. You have been recruited by Tapatalk to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan armada."
    Isnt Montreal a major N American city? Were locked down and still have an 8 o'clock curfew.

Now the numbers are getting better and our premier hasnt even given us a deadline for the stupid curfew. Best part...His approval rating is the best in Canada.

theyve given out 6500 fines averaging 1500.00 each.
    I am the Foundation

https://twitter.com/TheJonGresham

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Isnt Montreal a major N American city? Were locked down and still have an 8 o'clock curfew.

Now the numbers are getting better and our premier hasnt even given us a deadline for the stupid curfew. Best part...His approval rating is the best in Canada.

theyve given out 6500 fines averaging 1500.00 each.
    Well, not quite as big as Toronto, so perhaps I should have said the biggest major North American city. I thought that some of your restrictions were being eased in the coming week, but a cursory glance at the news shows that’s not the case. That’s ridiculous as well, as your numbers are even lower than ours.

I honestly think people here are done with it, though. It’s become painfully obvious that this isn’t about public health any longer, because otherwise people here would be getting fined for going to regions next door that are open, and they’re not. It’s a complete disaster, and the only thing I can think is that they’re keeping everything closed for as long as possible to delay the inevitable repercussions that they’re going to face when they DO open up and cases don’t rise. I’ve spoken to a couple of our bars this week that have said they’re opening next week, irregardless of the potential for fines. They’re sick and tired of the goalposts being moved, and I can’t blame them. They’ve watched everything they’ve worked for evaporate into thin air at the whim of a city council that has never once lifted a finger to help them, and at this point they’d rather take their chances than stay shut any longer.

The bottom line here is that if we learn one important lesson from all of this, it’s that public health officials should be elected, not appointed. De Villa has no concern for her job, and she’s still making upwards of $200,000 a year while the people she’s “protecting” with her stay at home nonsense don’t have food, or, soon enough, homes. It’s absolutely unconscionable.

Last edited by Fuji Vice; 02-19-2021 at 04:18 PM.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Status
      Country                    United States

I hope everyone here has faired better than me.

I got sick with covid around December 14. At first things were mild and I was hopeful. I had fever, chills, aches, headache, etc. Right around Christmas things got really bad. On the 29th I went to my doctor and my oxygen was at 60% so they took me right to the hospital. They put me on a ventilator and I was drugged and unconscious for eleven days. The doctors told me I was real close to dying. But eventually I got better. I was discharged January 20, and finally got to go home. After not using my legs for so long it took me several weeks to regain strength and be able to walk again and function somewhat normally. I’d say I’ve recovered by about 99%. I still experience random bits of fatigue, muscle pain, and weird smells.

It was an absolutely miserable experience and I’m happy to be better and alive.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Sorry you had a rough time of it mate and you’re back on your feet now!
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Main Eventer

Status

Unforgiven Re: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Well, not quite as big as Toronto, so perhaps I should have said the biggest major North American city. I thought that some of your restrictions were being eased in the coming week, but a cursory glance at the news shows that’s not the case. That’s ridiculous as well, as your numbers are even lower than ours.

I honestly think people here are done with it, though. It’s become painfully obvious that this isn’t about public health any longer, because otherwise people here would be getting fined for going to regions next door that are open, and they’re not. It’s a complete disaster, and the only thing I can think is that they’re keeping everything closed for as long as possible to delay the inevitable repercussions that they’re going to face when they DO open up and cases don’t rise. I’ve spoken to a couple of our bars this week that have said they’re opening next week, irregardless of the potential for fines. They’re sick and tired of the goalposts being moved, and I can’t blame them. They’ve watched everything they’ve worked for evaporate into thin air at the whim of a city council that has never once lifted a finger to help them, and at this point they’d rather take their chances than stay shut any longer.

The bottom line here is that if we learn one important lesson from all of this, it’s that public health officials should be elected, not appointed. De Villa has no concern for her job, and she’s still making upwards of $200,000 a year while the people she’s “protecting” with her stay at home nonsense don’t have food, or, soon enough, homes. It’s absolutely unconscionable.

Im pretty sure our numbers arent too far different from each other. Thing are better but were getting just under 1000 new cases a day. Legault keeps saying we have to wait until after spring break, which starts in 2 weeks.

And yeah i agree on the electing health officials. Its like all other factors mean nothing. Mental health..who cares, other surgeries, who cares. Being fit( gyms closed), who cares( being fit helps against the virus)

If these measures go into spring, people are going to snap. They re lucky its cold out and people are more compliant since its freezing out.

Quebec is now touting a new study they did that says that one dose could be viewed as sufficient. Its pretty damn suspect since its going against Pfizer. But i find it hard to trust big pharma since they are going to make trillions in profit and i find it hard to trust the government since they look like hereos if they get more people vaccinated going the one shot route. atleast until getting enough to get the booster shot outside the recommended time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTiger View Post

I got sick with covid around December 14. At first things were mild and I was hopeful. I had fever, chills, aches, headache, etc. Right around Christmas things got really bad. On the 29th I went to my doctor and my oxygen was at 60% so they took me right to the hospital. They put me on a ventilator and I was drugged and unconscious for eleven days. The doctors told me I was real close to dying. But eventually I got better. I was discharged January 20, and finally got to go home. After not using my legs for so long it took me several weeks to regain strength and be able to walk again and function somewhat normally. I’d say I’ve recovered by about 99%. I still experience random bits of fatigue, muscle pain, and weird smells.

Im happy to hear you re ok man
    Last edited by indyfan; 02-20-2021 at 09:12 AM.
    I am the Foundation

https://twitter.com/TheJonGresham

[be more kind]

Status

Glad to hear you're on the mend Tiger

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Resident Cool Guy

Status

thats crazy to hear, glad you made it through

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Last year around March and April I was sick, too. Nothing crazy like you though. I recovered without any medicine. The only issue I have is the weird smells from time to time. It's been almost a year now and I still have them. Covid is no joke, stay safe brothers.

Status

Thanks for all the well wishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bro View Post
    Last year around March and April I was sick, too. Nothing crazy like you though. I recovered without any medicine. The only issue I have is the weird smells from time to time. It's been almost a year now and I still have them. Covid is no joke, stay safe brothers.
    I’ve talked to tons of people who had it, and almost everyone has had a different and unique experience. Everyone in my immediate family has had it. My mom and brother just had flu symptoms and fatigue, but was things were pretty mild. My dad who is 70 had to be hospitalized, mainly because it was affecting his asthma.

Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103

Thread Information