Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NFL Offseason Thread

Very Important Lobster

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: 2020 NFL Offseason Thread

Bills mafia is a great group to be in. Have you ever went through a table Sakura? Bonus points if it was a flaming table.

Also, how are your dildo throwing capabilities?

Status

I think the Titans are a great fanbase to hop onto. You might not get the immediate, instant success, but they have a good roster at the moment, killer colors and uniforms, and in my opinion one of the best up-and-coming coaches in football. Plus with no previous history of championship success, you can still be there for the first one whenever it comes, which is probably hella special.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Pathetically Recapping Wrestling's Most Famous Garbage
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic Hall of Famer

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

#BlackLivesMatter

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

The Titans suck

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Broc Lobster View Post
    Bills mafia is a great group to be in. Have you ever went through a table Sakura? Bonus points if it was a flaming table.

And self hatered of the cowboys and pats

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    ​Brayden Bridges

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    Cool logo? Check.
    Cool mascot? Check.
    Cool uniforms? Check.
    Integrity. No major scandals all the time. Check.
    A focus on loyalty to fans and winning among players and the team. Check.
    Not bad fanbase. I know all have some crummy ones, but not...Well, not Pats/Cowboys bad. Check. They're notorious for being wild and fun at tailgates
    Entertaining play calling or traditional smash mouth football. Fullbacks, tight ends blocking, etc. Check.
    Ideally a state that I'd kind of dig either visiting for games, or some day working in and being a "transplant fan". Check. It's a cool city, and close to one of the best cities in North America.
    Not some bandwagon team. I don't want to really invest in, research the history of, travel to games, and make this a long term fandom just on some success. The success, obviously, is not as big to me as the other aspects. In fact, a more "obscure" team would be more my thing, after the whole Pats/Cowboys biz. To hear "Wow. You're a ___ fan? Damn. Don't see those often!" is neat. Check, x100. You better be ready for heartbreak.

Your new team is ...

THE BUFFALO BILLS!

You could also go with the Titans, Saints, or Lions.
    Nobody circles the wagons like the buffalo bills. Dalton moment is pretty emtional def if u been a life long fan and lived through drought

Spoiler:

​Brayden Bridges

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

The Panthers probably don't qualify because of how they did Cam and various people, especially when Gettleman was here, but we do have pretty cool ass uniforms and colors. Among my favorite of any team. Also under Rhule & Brady as well as our offensive players we're likely to have one of the best and most cutting edge offenses in football in scheme. The defense? Well...

I also second Silk's pick of our home state team, the Titans. They have a sweet look and also are committed to an old school style. I'm really not a huge fan of Vrabel as a lot of people seeing his mistakes every week since I watch every game but he is young and charismatic and there's a reason he's gotten popularity.

Cardcaptor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Broc Lobster View Post

Yeah, I used to do backyard wrestling with my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I think the Titans are a great fanbase to hop onto. You might not get the immediate, instant success, but they have a good roster at the moment, killer colors and uniforms, and in my opinion one of the best up-and-coming coaches in football. Plus with no previous history of championship success, you can still be there for the first one whenever it comes, which is probably hella special.
    You know, I definitely agree on all of that. Did you know that their mascot is a raccoon? I only learned that earlier, and that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    The Panthers probably don't qualify because of how they did Cam and various people, especially when Gettleman was here, but we do have pretty cool ass uniforms and colors. Among my favorite of any team. Also under Rhule & Brady as well as our offensive players we're likely to have one of the best and most cutting edge offenses in football in scheme. The defense? Well...

I also second Silk's pick of our home state team, the Titans. They have a sweet look and also are committed to an old school style. I'm really not a huge fan of Vrabel as a lot of people seeing his mistakes every week since I watch every game but he is young and charismatic and there's a reason he's gotten popularity.
    I've been to NC a few times, and love it. I also love the uniforms and such.

So far teams I'm kinda digging are Titans, Panthers, and Cardinals.
    Everything will surely be alright.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Panthers would be a cool team since you'd be starting off a fan basically at the start of a new era for them.

The NFL schedule is out. For the Ravens, we've been said to have the easiest schedule but I don't buy it since all of the divisional rivals will have improved a lot since last year. Plus I think we travel less than any other team this year. I still think we should easily get a playoff spot, but I don't think it will be as straightforward as the previous year. The part that jumps out looking at our schedule is the Titans game on Sunday night that everyone will be really motivated for, and then the Steelers on Thanksgiven.

12-4 would be my prediction for the year.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Yeah, I used to do backyard wrestling with my friends.

You know, I definitely agree on all of that. Did you know that their mascot is a raccoon? I only learned that earlier, and that's cool.

I've been to NC a few times, and love it. I also love the uniforms and such.

So far teams I'm kinda digging are Titans, Panthers, and Cardinals.
    If you’re still taking travel into consideration, Titans are a fun live game/crowd and a fun city, if you steer clear of tourist traps. Springwater Supper Club baby!

Cardinals would be fun for visiting as well, provided you enjoy golf.

Honestly, though, you strike me as a California kind of dude. I’d look into one of their teams as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Very Important Lobster

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Panthers would be a cool team since you'd be starting off a fan basically at the start of a new era for them.

The NFL schedule is out. For the Ravens, we've been said to have the easiest schedule but I don't buy it since all of the divisional rivals will have improved a lot since last year. Plus I think we travel less than any other team this year. I still think we should easily get a playoff spot, but I don't think it will be as straightforward as the previous year. The part that jumps out looking at our schedule is the Titans game on Sunday night that everyone will be really motivated for, and then the Steelers on Thanksgiven.

Yeah the Steelers have 2nd easiest schedule based on last year's standings. But we all know how that goes, things change a lot year to year. My prediction for the Steelers, obviously, depends on what Ben is able to do and if he plays the whole season. If he does? I think Steelers are at least a 10 win and a playoff team and can challenge the Ravens for the division. If he doesn't then we're probably looking at another 8 or 9 win season because I still have little to no faith in Mason Rudolph as a starter. But there's nothing about the defense that has changed, other than Javon Hargrave. But on the other side Stephon Tuitt missed most of last year and he's a big difference maker on defense, so I don't see that defense being any worse (TJ Watt was robbed of DPOY last year but that's a different topic)

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Also will put it out there that if you choose to be a fan and go to either a Titans or Panthers game there's a pretty good chance I'll go to a game with you.

Cardcaptor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post

True. It'd be nice to go to a team starting a new era, with at least a new(ish) QB, maybe new coach, etc. Especially one with no prior SBs. Those are all big. Ravens are cool, and one of the Umaine guys Pat Ricard is on the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    If you’re still taking travel into consideration, Titans are a fun live game/crowd and a fun city, if you steer clear of tourist traps. Springwater Supper Club baby!

Cardinals would be fun for visiting as well, provided you enjoy golf.

Honestly, though, you strike me as a California kind of dude. I’d look into one of their teams as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I actually plan on going to AZ, probably next summer! I quite love the Southwest. =D

Ironically, I think the closest football team to me is the Montreal Alouettes. Been getting more into CFL, and they seem fun. I guess travel wise, I'm within reasonable driving distance of the New York teams, and maybe the Pennsylvania and Maryland ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Also will put it out there that if you choose to be a fan and go to either a Titans or Panthers game there's a pretty good chance I'll go to a game with you.
    Wingo.

Curtain Jerker

Status

NFL Any 💚Green Bay Packers💛 fans here?

I bleed Green & Gold. If your a fellow "Packer Backer" or just a football enthusiast, I would like your opinion/argument for or against deciding to keep sticking with Aaron Rodgers?

After last season, getting one game away from the SuperBowl I think #12 has proven he still has gas in the tank. I would love to finally see him get another Championship ring after coming so close on numerous occasions post their 2010-2011 SuperBowl victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    Cryss Cross Curry was here.

Status

Re: Any 💚Green Bay Packers💛 fans here?

Quote Originally Posted by HeadLockENT View Post
    I bleed Green & Gold. If your a fellow "Packer Backer" or just a football enthusiast, I would like your opinion/argument for or against deciding to keep sticking with Aaron Rodgers?

After last season, getting one game away from the SuperBowl I think #12 has proven he still has gas in the tank. I would love to finally see him get another Championship ring after coming so close on numerous occasions post their 2010-2011 SuperBowl victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    They suck and so does he.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Pathetically Recapping Wrestling's Most Famous Garbage
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic Hall of Famer

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

#BlackLivesMatter

Hail To The King

Status

Re: Any 💚Green Bay Packers💛 fans here?

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    They suck and so does he.
    Spoken like a true fan we suck lol

Spoiler:

​Brayden Bridges

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I definitely don't think Rodgers did anything to prove he has a bunch left in the tank last year, he led the league in Bad Throw%, and his on-target% was league average, and his yardage in the air was among the league-worst when it comes to starters.

Very Important Lobster

Status

On a different topic, if anyone hasn't watched the Alex Smith E:60 it's really good. Not for squeemish people. But an almost tragic story with a happy ending.

Cardcaptor

Status

Aaron Rodgers is still a really good QB, but much like Brady, his best years are well behind him. Numerous injuries are largely to blame.

As for Alex Smith? That leg was gruesome.

I feel for him, and am happy to see how far he has come....But I think it's pretty unlikely he ever plays again.

So, I've decided for the team I follow it's going to be one that I have relatives in the state. So it's one I'd likely visit anyway, you know? The only one I don't have relatives on this list is AZ, because I'd be going there on a study trip next summer. So I might establish some job relations there.

That leaves:

Virginia
    Florida
    Georgia

Given the proximity in Virginia, the closest team to my family in Roanoke is, I believe Panthers down in Carolina? They fit the bill. No SB wins. Cool mascot. Cool uniforms.
    Florida I have a major interest in working in, in the everglades. I also have family near the Georgia line, and Jacksonville fits the bill. I'm leaning them. They have like zero fans, so it's mint.
    Georgia opens up Falcons, who have no SBs, and fit the bill.

So..

Cardinals. Panthers. Falcons. Jaguars.
    Last edited by Sakura; 05-10-2020 at 07:00 PM.

twitch.tv/myrecycledballs

Status
      Country                    Norway

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1263920865051324416?s=20

So that happened.

Flacco is a Jet.

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Aaron Rodgers is still a really good QB, but much like Brady, his best years are well behind him. Numerous injuries are largely to blame.

As for Alex Smith? That leg was gruesome.

I feel for him, and am happy to see how far he has come....But I think it's pretty unlikely he ever plays again.

So, I've decided for the team I follow it's going to be one that I have relatives in the state. So it's one I'd likely visit anyway, you know? The only one I don't have relatives on this list is AZ, because I'd be going there on a study trip next summer. So I might establish some job relations there.

That leaves:

Virginia
    Florida
    Georgia

Given the proximity in Virginia, the closest team to my family in Roanoke is, I believe Panthers down in Carolina? They fit the bill. No SB wins. Cool mascot. Cool uniforms.
    Florida I have a major interest in working in, in the everglades. I also have family near the Georgia line, and Jacksonville fits the bill. I'm leaning them. They have like zero fans, so it's mint.
    Georgia opens up Falcons, who have no SBs, and fit the bill.

So..

Cardinals. Panthers. Falcons. Jaguars.
    Jags minshewmania

Spoiler:

​Brayden Bridges

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information