Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AEW: All Elite Wrestling.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Re: AEW: All Elite Wrestling.

Buy In:

Four Way Tag Team Match - Winner earns a future Tag Team Championship Match.
    Dark Order vs Jurassic Express vs Private Party vs SoCal Uncensored

Body Bag Match.
    'Relentless' Darby Allin vs 'The Bad Boy' Joey Janela

Main-Card:

Singles Match.
    Scorpio Sky vs 'The Bastard' PAC

Chair Match.
    'The American Nightmare' Cody Rhodes vs 'The Chairman' Shawn Spears

AEW Tag Team Championship Tournament Final.
    LAX vs The Young Bucks

"Lights Out" Match.
    Jon Moxley vs 'The Cleaner' Kenny Omega

AEW Women's Championship Match.
    Rosemary (C) vs Britt Baker

Hardcore Match.
    Awesome Kong vs Ivelisse

Grudge Match.
    MJF vs 'The Natural' Dustin Rhodes

AEW World Championship Match.
    'Le Champion' Chris Jericho (C) W/ Jake Hager vs Daga W/ Konnan

Questions:
    1. Predict the winners?
    Done
    2. Aside from the 'Buy-In' which match will start Halloween Havoc?
    LAX/Young Bucks
    3. Will there be any debuts at Halloween Havoc, if so, who?
    No
    4. Which match will Main Event the show?
    Jericho/Daga
    5. If your name is Stojy, please guess the match order? =P
    Fuck you!

Seems like the perfect place to start reading so predictions are uninformed but whatever. Will see how this goes.

TUFF

Status

Buy In:

- I was going to choose Private Party but I feel like they need to be built up a little more. Whoever is winning this will likely lose anyway so feed Jurassic Express to the tag champs.

Body Bag Match.
    - Darby gets it here. I wish Janela was built up more irl but he seems like a glorified jobber. No reason for Darby to lose here.

Main-Card:

Singles Match.
    - PAC is on the come up and he's already beaten everyone on SCU except for Scorpio Sky. I actually think you'll give this more time than expected as these two are very capable of having a great match.

Chair Match.
    - I'm gonna go with Spears here because a win for Cody here will do nothing. At least if Spears wins, he'll gain something and will be a more respectable name. IRL AEW is shoving Cody down our throats but I don't expect you to do that in this BTB.

LAX vs The Young Bucks
    - Again, the Bucks don't need this title win. LAX don't necessarily need it either but I'd rather them than the Bucks right now. Are they still LAX at this point or will they Proud and Powerful soon? Either way, give the straps to Santana and Ortiz and let them be awesome.

"Lights Out" Match.
    - Gonna sound like a broken record here but I don't think Omega needs this win. Moxley is still a bit new around AEW at this time so it's best to build him up more.

- Way too early for a title change here. I think Baker will eventually be the one to take the title away from Rosemary but not after Rosemary has her fun with the rest of the women's roster.

Hardcore Match.
    Awesome Kong vs Ivelisse
    - Looks like you may be heading towards a Rosemary/Kong feud but Kong isn't that big of a deal now. Ivelisse can absolutely go in that ring so I hope she's being built up here and maybe even takes out Kong as I really don't think she should be in AEW.

Grudge Match.
    - Easiest match to call here.

- Okay, this might be the easier match to call. I'd be surprised if Jericho lost here. Daga is a wildcard pick to put in this spot but he can definitely go in that ring. He'll make Jericho sweat but in the end, Jericho wins after some shenanigans from Hager.

Questions:
    1. Predict the winners? Yup.
    2. Aside from the 'Buy-In' which match will start Halloween Havoc? Scorpio Sky vs. PAC
    3. Will there be any debuts at Halloween Havoc, if so, who? Nahhhh.
    4. Which match will Main Event the show? Lights Out Match
    5. If your name is Stojy, please guess the match order? =P LUL

Tough times don't last, tough people do.

Freshly Squeezed Royalty

Status
      Country                    United States

Buy In:

Body Bag Match.

Main-Card:

Singles Match.

Chair Match.

LAX vs The Young Bucks

"Lights Out" Match.

Hardcore Match.
    Awesome Kong vs Ivelisse

Grudge Match.

Questions:
    1. Predict the winners?
    2. Aside from the 'Buy-In' which match will start Halloween Havoc? MJF/Dustin
    3. Will there be any debuts at Halloween Havoc, if so, who? Taz’s client (who I think is Jeff Cobb)
    4. Which match will Main Event the show? Lights Out
    5. If your name is Stojy, please guess the match order? Damn, my names not Stojy :/

Shit username since day 1

Status
      Country                    Ireland

HALLOWEEN HAVOC
    Prediction Contest

Buy In:

I'll go with the team that is most fun out of these four for me; JURASSIC EXPRESS.

Body Bag Match.
    Really surprised this isn't on the main show. I respect your decision to put two womens matches on the main PPV because AEW has dropped the ball on that division in that respect, but on this occasion, this > the Womens Hardcore Match. I (am in the minority, I know) think Janela is a total goofball, and DARBY ALLIN could be a legit breakout star for this organisation, so I'm picking the Relentless one.

Main-Card:

Singles Match.
    PAC could well be a headliner here in short order, whilst you've got time to build up Scorpio if you want to get him there. Another win for the Bastard, imo.

Chair Match.
    I think there's going to be a debut here, and someone for SHAWN SPEARS to align with, screwing over Cody and giving the Chairman the win. Obviously, it could've been Tully driving the car on Dynamite, but I'm willing to bet it's an accomplice of Spears, and they'll show up here.

LAX vs The Young Bucks
    I don't like the idea of the VP's being the first champions. LAX to win, and the Bucks can have more of a journey before holding the titles.

"Lights Out" Match.
    Could see you going in an opposite direction to real life, but this is supposed to be JON MOXLEYS area of expertise. I say he wins.

The biggest improvement from your AEW to real life AEW is the focus on the womens division. You've some much better talent out of the gate, and ROSEMARY is among them. Britt has become a great character - and I hope to see you transition to that in due course too - but she's not ready to be champion.

Hardcore Match.
    Awesome Kong vs Ivelisse
    Even though AWESOME KONG is done as a wrestler worth a damn due to being so broken down, I think you'll still have her win here and continue her as a monster for the time being.

Grudge Match.
    As good as Dustin is, and as far as MJF has to go as a worker, there really should only be one winner here. Think it'd be hard for MJF to recover from a loss to Dustin and still be the cocky prick he is, whilst a loss for Dustin won't harm him.

I'll echo Ed's comments in this being a really bold move, and a good one too. Adding Daga to the main event mix immediately freshens up your main event scene and gives you an extra option to work with. Excellent choice to plug him in here too, with Mox & Omega likely to headline, and I thought the promo between Konnan and Jericho was tremendous. CHRIS JERICHO wins though, as we're obviously building to a showdown with Punk.

Questions:
    1. Predict the winners? DONE
    2. Aside from the 'Buy-In' which match will start Halloween Havoc? SCORPIO VS PAC
    3. Will there be any debuts at Halloween Havoc, if so, who? YES. ARON 'THE IDOL' STEVENS.
    4. Which match will Main Event the show? LIGHTS OUT
    5. If your name is Stojy, please guess the match order? =P THAT'S NOT ME THEN.

Hi.

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Looking forward to reading buddy. Good place as well to get proper into the thread.

Buy In:

Body Bag Match.

Main-Card:

Singles Match.

Chair Match.

LAX vs The Young Bucks

"Lights Out" Match.

Hardcore Match.
    Awesome Kong vs Ivelisse

Grudge Match.

Questions:
    1. Predict the winners?
    Done
    2. Aside from the 'Buy-In' which match will start Halloween Havoc?
    LAX/Young Bucks
    3. Will there be any debuts at Halloween Havoc, if so, who?
    No
    4. Which match will Main Event the show?
    Jericho/Daga
    5. If your name is Stojy, please guess the match order? =P
    Amazing!

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

HALLOWEEN HAVOC

"Buy In" - Pre-Show:

Before All Elite Wrestling officially presented Halloween Havoc live on PPv it was time for the 'Buy In' complete with last minute plugs and video packages for the 'Main Card' to sell the PPv to those watching at home.

We got a small glimpse of the extravagant 'WCW Halloween Havoc' inspired stage and set before the live footage floated over to the commentary table. Tony Schiavone lead as he welcomed the watching fans to the All Elite Wrestling; Halloween Havoc, Buy In! Tony reminding people of why they're not going to want to miss this show and that they can order the show in full LIVE from their PPV providers. Tony then says that his good friend; Jim Ross! Will be joining him later this evening but right now he wants to welcome his surprise guest; and making his first ever All Elite Wrestling appearance! M! V! P!

The former WWE and iMPACT star walks into the camera shot wearing shades and a sharp suit as he smiles to the camera before sitting down and placing his headset on. 'MVP' thanks Tony for the introduction and says..

"Right now, Halloween Havoc just became the place to be.. because of ME! M! V! P!" - MVP

Tony then says that it's great to have 'MVP' alongside him; but speculates why he's here? 'MVP' smiles and let's out a laugh before accusing Tony of being very nosy. 'MVP' though eventually answers.

"You know Tony; My wrestling days are most likely behind me. I'm ready for the NEXT chapter of the 'MVP' story whatever that may be, Tony. And while I'm not currently signed with AEW; or anyone else for that matter; Well that could all change! You see, I'm still Half man, half amazing.. and I've got a lot to offer someone in this business. I know what it takes to reach the very TOP! So, I guess you could say that I was formerly invited by the Khan family to be here tonight and I decided to do a little scouting mission" -MVP

Tony then quickly runs down the two matches on the 'Buy In' before confirming that we're to get officially underway next with the opening contest..
    Jurassic Express! Vs SCU! Vs Dark Order! Vs Private Party! Tony reminds us that the winner of this elimination match will face the winners of the Tag Team Championship Tournament between the Young Bucks and LAX later this evening!

Summary: This match was a real showcase for All Elite Wrestling's Tag Team Division with 4 of their best teams going all out to impress and heat up the Philadelphia crowd here in the Wells Fargo Centre. The match went back and forth with all 4 teams shining and getting their 'spots' in the match and their moments to shine. The first elimination came in the form of the Dark Order! Stu Grayson & Evil Uno looking comfortable in the match as they were beating down on Jungle Boy; almost bullying him in the ring and loving every moment as the crowd were booing. Soon the crowd would pop with the big man; Luchasaurus entering the match like a truck as he ran through Grayson & Uno with a big time double clothesline! Lucha then let out a big 'roar' before grabbing Grayson around the throat and slamming him down to the canvas with a chokeslam! Lucha then showed his agility as he nailed Evil Uno with a TAIL WHIP! A big roundhouse kick to the side of the head knocking Uno back down. Jungle Boy now scaling the top rope and flying through the air like Tarzan on a vine before landing on top of Uno with a 450 splash! Jungle Boy then hooked the leg of Uno and covered.. One! Two! Three!

>> DARK ORDER ELIMINATED <<

The next part of the match would see Daniels, Kaz and both members of the Private Party turning their attentions to the big man of the match, Luchasaurus. All four men hit Lucha with drop kicks but the 'Dinosaur' would stand tall after swaying back and forth; keeping his balance. Marc Quen & Isiah Kassidy took to the top rope and leaped from opposing turnbuckles to try and get some more elevation but were plucked our of the air by Luchasaurus with his hands wrapped around both their throats. Lucha attempted to lift both Quen & Kassidy up when Daniels & Kaz made the unlikely save with stereo super-kicks to the 'Dino's' jaw which would rock the big man and send him falling out of the ring between the ropes. Kaz & Daniels then ran the ropes and leaped through the second ropes to the outside with SUICIDE DIVES! Both members of 'SCU' clattering into the big man as all three men were now down. Jungle Boy was now on his own, and the Private Party sensed a huge chance to eliminate the Jurassic Express and took advantage! Private Party attacking Jungle Boy with forearm strikes before placing him on top of the turnbuckle. It was then time for some.. GIN & JUICE! Wowing the Philly crowd with the top rope Frankenstiener into a Cutter combination! Marc Quen then scrambled across the ring and hooked the legs of Jungle Boy for the second elimination of the match! One! Two! Three!

>> JURRASSIC EXPRESS ELIMINATED <<

It was now down too for 4 people, 2 teams! Private Party vs SoCal Uncensored. The two teams went back and forth seemingly the taking the match quality up a couple of notches as the Philadelphia crowd were into the match. A real sense of the future vs the past with both teams at different stages of their careers but with both having a point to prove and with the aim of becoming the Next.. AEW Tag Team Champions! With the match clock ticking around the 12th minute mark; the ending was near and it seemed like the Private Party were ready break out and score their second pinfall of the match. Daniels was on the top turnbuckle and it seemed like we was going to get a second round of some GIN & JUICE only for Kazarian to make the save! Kaz knocking down an in waiting Kassidy with a RUNNING KNEE! BANG! Kaz then keeping the same momentum as he leaped up onto the turnbuckle grabbing Quen around the waist and throwing him backwards with a HUGE.. GERMAN SUPLEX from the top rope as the crowd popped for the collision to the canvas! Chris Daniels now coming around and with Kassidy in the middle of the ring and still down.. BEST! MOONSAULT! EVER! Daniels leaping from the top rope and landing picture perfect on top of Kassidy and covering! One! Two! Three!

SoCal Uncensored (W) - 14:39 Match Time.

"YOUR WINNERS.. AND EARNING A FUTURE AEW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH! CHRISTOPHER DANIELS! & FRANKIE KAZARIAN! S!C!U!" -Justin Roberts

Kaz & Daniels look delighted as the crowd are cheering them and the friends embrace. On the opposing side of the ring the Private Party are seated- Obviously gutted about the loss as they're shaking their heads in disappointment. Telling is the way that the camera switches to 'MVP' at the commentary table who is watching the monitor as he's nodding his head- seemingly impressed with what he's just seen. Tony then congratulates Kaz & Daniels on the victory! And all of the teams involved in the opening match of the 'Buy In!' and reminds the fans once again to buy and order Halloween Havoc; It's not to be missed.

Body Bag Match.
    'Relentless' Darby Allin vs 'The Bad Boy' Joey Janela W/ Penelope Ford

Summary: Anyone expecting a wrestling match from these two was completely incorrect. This 'match' was a straight fight between two people who are ready and willing to sacrifice their bodies to deliver pain and agony to their opponent and they did so, many times through out the match. The match started with the body-bag being provided by Darby Allin. Darby wearing his famous one side of his face paint while his body is scribbled with "RIP Joey Janela" across his body as he came down to a Rockstar like reception from the Philadelphia crowd. While Janela came down with the beautiful; Penelope Ford. Joey upping the stakes on this rivalry by coming down with one side of his face painted like Darby Allin. His Halloween costume, perhaps? Of course not; Janela ever the 'Bad Boy' happy to piss-off and irritate his opponent to garner any kind of edge.

Darby wouldn't even wait for Joey to reach the ring- instead cutting him off on the stage as the two men brawled through the graveyard props; in and among the smoke from the Halloween inspired stage and set up. Punch after punch, forearm after forearm, Darby was pissed and he targeted the painted side of Janela's face like it was a bullseye and he was trying to score big. Penelope Ford watching on as she started to get closer to Darby who would spin around and tell her to "BACK OFF!" - This would provide Joey with enough time to crawl around the grave stone props in the deep smoke before popping back up with a smaller grave stone in hand and.. WHAM! The grave prop cracking across the back of Allin which causes him to yell in agony as Joey jumps on him and starts firing away with right hand punches to the face.

This was only the start. Joey and Darby both using anything and everything they could see and find from underneath and around the ring. The Philadelphia crowd lapping up the return of 'extreme' tonight in the form of All Elite Wrestling's first ever; Body Bag Match! Tony on commentary reminding us that in order to win the match; you must place your opponent in the bag and zip it up! Darby and Joey though didn't seem to care, they just wanted to fight and hurt each other; both men trying to prove they run the 'Deathmatch' scene here in All Elite Wrestling. The match ticked on and eventually they would reach the ring where the match would now be 'official' and the body bag came into play. Joey Janela planting Darby onto the steel steps on the outside of the ring which cut open Darby with a gash across his head as the blood poured down from his head and covering his face. The image Halloween inspired as the blood Red mixed with the White paint. Joey then dragged Darby in the middle of the ring- unzipped the body bag and began to drag Darby close. Darby though fought back; fighting back the attempt to cover him with the body bag before raking Joey's eyes and headbutting him as Joey was knocked down on his ass. Darby then wiping the blood from his face before slapping Joey across the face with the same hand. The echoing from the slap heard around the arena. Darby then grabbed a handful of Joey's hair before lifting him, kicking him in the stomach and bringing him back down to the canvas with a.. CRUCIFIX DRIVER!! In the middle of the ring.

It was now the turn of Darby Allin to try and get Joey in the body bag. Darby managing to place it over the head and cover Joey almost at 60% with only the bottom half of his legs and feet to go. Darby though wasn't done. The 'enigma' rolling out of the ring and grabbing a Kendo Stick. Darby was now in the ring and like a batsman waiting for the first pitch- Darby lined up his shot and... BAM! The Kendo Stick cracking across the head of Joey inside of the body bag as he falls down. Darby continues.. Each strike with a little more hate and venom. CRACK! CRACK! CRACK! The crowd popping for each brutal strike as Penelope on the outside is pleading for Derby to stop. Darby stares at Penelope, no emotion on his face..

Before raising the Kendo Stick once more and... CRACK!! The Kendo Stick now completely split from the force as Joey is motionless on the canvas, 60% of his body covered up. Darby then places in the legs and feet of the 'Bad Boy' and zips it up to the top as the crowd begin cheering. The fight is over, and Darby Allin has defeated Joey Janela in the All Elite Wrestling; Body Bag Match.

'Relentless' Darby Allin (W) - 12:07 Match Time.

"AND YOUR WINNER!! 'RELENTLESS' DARRRBBYYY ALLIINNNN!!" - Justin Roberts

With blood still streaming down his face; Referee official Rick Knox raises the arm of Darby Allin in victory as Tony is full of a praise for this young star, declaring he's going to be a major player in the future of All Elite Wrestling and it could all start tonight; Halloween Havoc! Tony then reminds us that we're a minute out from the end of the 'Buy In' and it's the last chance to order the PPV! AEW: Halloween Havoc! Tony & 'MVP' sign off from the commentary table as the 'Buy In' comes to a conclusion.

Authors Notes: So just a quick update; Show is coming along, I've got around 4 matches left but it's definitely looking longer then I expected. So, I've toyed with the idea of maybe splitting it into two parts and allowing people to read it without that feeling of it becoming a slog, and I might still do that. However, I figured that with the 'Buy In' alone a decent length; I'd shave some of the full show off by posting this as a little teaser and hopefully wet the appetite a little for what's to come..

HALLOWEEN HAVOC!

Hope you enjoy it Thank's everyone for the predictions. I'm going to have some kind of prize for the winner; not 100% sure what that will be at the moment but I wan't to make it something worthwhile. We will see.
    Last edited by Deco90; 07-02-2020 at 01:15 PM.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Haloween Havoc review:

• MVP sitting on commentary is a cool idea and a good pick up. He is doing a great job in WWE currently as a manager. Guessing he stays all night? Curious who he pairs with
    • Fun match on the buy-in which will get the crowd hyped. I liked the way Luchasarus was taken out of the match by the other two teams especially and it protects Jurassic Express well. SCU winning feels like the right call even if their tag run in real life was a bit meh. Still a decent team and credible challengers for the tag titles.
    • Nice win for Darby in a brutal match. Only thing that confused me character wise is Penelope not trying to stop the kendo stick shots as I feel character wise she would try to get involved. Otherwise like the match and the finish
    • Pretty good buy-in show and I'm looking forward to seeing the main show

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Review: Great work I love to see what MVP brings to the table for AEW he fit with alot of people I like the back and forth with Tony too

: Great opening match surprised winner, I thought maybe you go with Ty he Dark Order here but SCU no complaints.

: I love what you did with two guys I like here in Janela & Darby though i dont get the relentless nickname but it's fine for now. I hope this is start of so.ething for Darby

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    ​Brayden Bridges

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Oh, hey it’s the pre-show. This might actually be the first piece I’ve read/reviewed in this BTB, so let’s see how it goes. So starting off with something I’m a little unsure of and that’s the first appearance of MVP. Now don’t get it twisted, I like Porter and think he’s a terrific pick up, and I even like the idea of him just sitting on commentary, but I don’t like his first appearance happening on the pre-show. He’s a big enough name that he should get a nice pop from the fans, so should have got an intro and an entrance or something on the actual PPV. Doing this kind of brushes off the importance as a debut on the pre-show feels pretty underwhelming. With that being said, I’m all for him potentially becoming a manager here as per his scouting mission. Happy with the direction, just the timing of the execution was a bit off for me.

Four way tag? Sounds good to me. I didn’t really like you announcing the Dark Order being the first elimination before the action was written where they actually got eliminated. Kind of ruins the suspense as a reader so I was glad that didn’t happen again. Apart from that, the action was solid enough throughout here. After the first elimination, I enjoyed the two teams ganging up on Luchasaurus, nice way to continue to build the match and eliminate another team. A little surprised to see SCU win the entire thing, but I don’t mind it at all. A solid opening match here.

Enjoyed the Body Bag match because it’s unique as hell, and because it was an extreme mess. Some really nice spots, and LOVE the Halloween based set, and the grave stones being used as a weapon. That’s awesome. Some nice body bag teases throughout and I thought the ending with Darby going crazy with the Kendo Stick with Janella half trapped in the bag was awesome. Good stuff.

The matches themselves here were fine for the pre-show, with the second one being really enjoyable, just the Porter stuff felt off for me. Looking forward to seeing the show…. Hopefully posted in one part lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information