Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: WWE Super Showdown 2020/Blood Money V - Feb. 27th - Card & Discussion

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WWE Super Showdown 2020/Blood Money V - Feb. 27th - Card & Discussion

Goldberg vs. Ziggler was better than Wyatt vs. Bryan if you ask me.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

VOTE IN TICKET WARS VII - THE FINALS!!
    Shock vs. Ed

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    Bray's match with Bryan at the Royal Rumble was better than anything Goldberg has done with anyone not named Lesnar.
    Those sample sizes are waaaaaaaay different. Bray has had probably three or four main event matches with half the roster and has never managed anything higher than three stars without wrestling the best in the world. Goldberg has wrestled about five matches total and most of them have just been squashes which don't really merit thorough wrestling analysis. You can hold one shitty Undertaker match against him if you want (and really, could Daniel Bryan get a good match out of Taker in 2019?) or accept that Goldberg's star aura alone is worth a good amount more than whatever the hell Bray Wyatt is bringing to the table, and I'd rather watch him squash opponents for the next year in three minute main events than have to sit through another 20 minute slog where The Fiend no-sells his enemies and makes a general farce out of the product.

And I won't even have to do that because Goldberg is obviously just holding the title to give Wrestlemania a bump and give the belt to the far more qualified Roman Reigns.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

WC Hall of Famer

Bray's match with Bryan at the Royal Rumble was better than anything Goldberg has done with anyone not named Lesnar.
    Well, that's not true. Goldberg/DDP Halloween Havoc was a legitimate WCW MOTYC and better than Bray/Bryan's Rumble matches.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Well, that's not true. Goldberg/DDP Halloween Havoc was a legitimate WCW MOTYC and better than Bray/Bryan's Rumble matches.
    Apologies, I meant post-2017 Goldberg not Goldberg in his entire career. WCW's Goldberg would mop the floor with the Fiend and he was a huge attraction back in the days. 90's Goldberg rules but I'll take shitty booked Fiend over 2020's old man Bill anytime.

Apologies, I meant post-2017 Goldberg not Goldberg in his entire career. WCW's Goldberg would mop the floor with the Fiend and he was a huge attraction back in the days. 90's Goldberg rules but I'll take shitty booked Fiend over 2020's old man Bill anytime.
    Post-2017? So like...3 matches, one of which was a squash? I would sure hope that a full timer would be able to have had better matches than someone who only worked a couple matches.

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

Some of you better not ever complain about WWE using part time stars as much as they do, putting them over their actual talent, etc.

It's 2020. The likes of Undertaker and Goldberg don't belong in a wrestling ring. Jesus Christ.

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom-E View Post
    Some of you better not ever complain about WWE using part time stars as much as they do, putting them over their actual talent, etc.

It's 2020. The likes of Undertaker and Goldberg don't belong in a wrestling ring. Jesus Christ.
    I complain about part time stars going over actual talent all the time but I didn't see any of that happening this time.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

WC Hall of Famer

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom-E View Post

Why universally tar and feather them all with the same brush though? Each situation / case is different. Like Brock has produced the goods at times over recent years, Goldberg has been fun at times, and in this case Goldberg was the lessor of two evils. A Goldberg squash match is more fun than any Fiend match was ever going to be. These twenty minute slog fests where he no sells everything, and generally just shits on everything that Pro Wrestling holds dear before winning with a Mandible Claw in 2020.

And personally most of the guys I like are forever stuck in midcard comedy jobber hell, so I'm much less bothered than most when someone like The Fiend or Rollins or Styles has to put over a Part Timer.

GABRIELLE
    Reborn in a Trial By Fire

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Only just now saw that Kofi back bump dive on the outside and WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?! That was disgustingly dangerous and insane to me that this was intentional. It would make way more sense and be consistent with history that Miz was scared of catching him, but no, Kofi thought this was a spot worth doing for THIS match on THIS show?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

MADMIN KING

Status
      Country                    England

Yeah it was crazy he thought that was a spot worth doing on a show where even if you put on a great match, people will only be talking about Goldberg Vs The Fiend when it's all said and done. Thought it was clearly the best match of the show, which isn't saying much, but they put some effort into it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information