Thread: Brian Cage out of Impact Wrestling

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

Brian Cage out of Impact Wrestling

We previously reported that Brian Cage was likely to sign with AEW after he finished up his run with Impact Wrestling at their Hard to Kill PPV. Cageís wife Melissa Santos denied those reports, and now Cage himself has commented on it on Instagram, saying he hasnít signed with anyone. He did, however, confirm that heís done with Impact and has a torn bicep he needs surgery for.

He said: ďHey, whatís up guys, Brian Cage here. I know thereís been a lot of speculation on whatís going on with me, where Iím going. Rumors that Iíve signed here, that Iíve signed there. All kinds of stuff. I havenít really answered much and Iíve been kind of keeping to myself about it. Yeah, My contract did come to an end with IMPACT Wrestling. They did made me an offer to stay, as did multiple other companies. While I was mulling all that over, unfortunately, I tore my bicep. Iím trying to stay positive about it, it was looking like I was going to need surgery. I thought maybe I could get past it, that it was required but not necessary. I didnít want to say anything until I knew what was going on.

I am set to get surgery this Monday. Iím not technically with any group right now at all. I had, like I said, a bunch of amazing offers from all over the place and Iím hoping theyíre still there when I heal up. As far as that goes, healing up, Iím not sure about the time frame. Some people say it takes up to six months to recover, but Iím a machine. So Iím destined to do it faster than that and I know a lot of top-tier athletes have done it pretty quick. Thatís almost my goal now too, trying to be optimistic or look at it positive. I want to beat anybodyís record in returning to the ring from a bicep tear or bicep surgery.

You know, Iíve had a hell of a year, man. I won the world title, hurt my back. I got married, but then I was in the ER, I was out for a while. In a pretty good position to have some pretty good pull and power in negotiations with multiple companies to try and get a contract that Iím really stoked on and this happens. But you know, Iím a God-fearing individual, Iím a pretty spiritual person and things happen for a reason. What is the reason right now, I do not know, but hopefully when it comes up Iíll be like, ďoh, okay. Maybe it was worth it then.Ē Maybe it will be worth it. Iím feeling pretty good right now, optimistically and mentally and everything.

The last couple of years Iíve had several injuries. Iíve been able to work through almost all of them until that back and hip one last year. Iíve never, thatís been one thing in all the times Iíve been hurt or injured through my career, Iíve never had surgery. I just said that recently too and probably jinxed myself because now weíre here. So I apologize to everyone, to shows upcoming that I wonít be able to be part of. Bar Wrestling vs. GCW was the first one to take the hit.

I asked for the War of Attrition match for Warrior Wrestling, I was so excited for that, it is one of my favorite places. And now Iím going to look for a replacement because there will be a new champion crowned because Brian Cage will not be able to defend his title. I still will be there though at the meet and greet and to be part of the show in a different way. And other shows and promoters Iíve contacted and let them know whatís going on with me. As time draws near, depending on how Iím feeling or what Iím capable or not capable of doing, I will follow suit and so on and so on. Hopefully this is the last you see of me for some time and hopefully this will lead to something bigger and better and itíll all make sense at the end of it all.Ē
    - From 411Mania

To make a long story short: his contract with Impact expired. He had several deals including one from Impact that he was considering but he tore his bicep and has to get surgery so he'll be on the shelf for a while before he can decide where he wants to sign.

Definitely a hit for Impact's star power if he does sign elsewhere. On a personal level, my interest in Cage has gone down quite a lot, although I still loved his matches with Sami and Elgin this year. Kinda hopeful he comes back to Impact but if not, I'm happy to see someone else step up and take his place.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Re: Brian Cage out of Impact Wrestling

Ideally he stays with Impact just to stem the tide of them losing all their former World Champs.Cage in AEW would be interesting though, because so far every big guy in AEW has been relegated to a bodyguard role or similar, would they give Cage a more prominent role?

Thread Information