Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: AEW Dynamite On TN 15/01/2020

  1. #1
    TAKE THE DREAM~

    MC 16's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Lesnar Farm
    Posts
    8,212
    Rep Power
    1237810
      Country                    England

    All Elite Wrestling AEW Dynamite On TN 15/01/2020



    This week is a special addition of Dynamite called Bash At The Beach. DDP makes his return to in-ring action in a six man tag team match, teaming with Dustin Rhodes and QT Marshall against MJF and The Butcher And The Blade. The Nightmare Collective (sigh) duo of Mel and Awesome Kong take on Hikaru Shida and Kris Statlander. Also on Dynamite, it was announced PAC vs Darby Allin will happen as well as Jon Moxley vs. Sammy Guevara. And in a big 4-way tag match to determine the #1 Contenders for the AEW World Tag Team champions, Hangman Page teams up with Kenny Omega against The Young Bucks, Proud-N-Powerful, Best Friends.
    We Don't Confrom, Kiss Ass Or Get Married
    Spoiler:


    Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

  2. #2
    Last Real Man Hype
    Marketh's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    18,617
    Rep Power
    666266

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TN 15/01/2020

    PAC/Darby I can’t wait for, Moxley/Guevara should be fun too. Everything else, meh.

    I might’ve had some curiosity for DDP back in the ring, but that segment interrupting MJF to plug everything with his name on it and make Butcher & Blade look like shit soured me on that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

  3. #3
    MADMIN KING

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    38,169
    Rep Power
    3093828
      Country                    England

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TN 15/01/2020

    PAC/Darby sounds great.

    I have my concerns about the DDP match, but with MJF on the other side the younger team should get the win there.

  4. #4
    TAKE THE DREAM~

    MC 16's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Lesnar Farm
    Posts
    8,212
    Rep Power
    1237810
      Country                    England

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TN 15/01/2020

    Out of all the people I want to make return to wrestling, DDP would be LOW on my list. I'm sure he's a big inspiration backstage but he shouldn't really be getting anything in the match. I doubt it'll be terrible though.

    PAC vs Darby sounds super exciting.
    We Don't Confrom, Kiss Ass Or Get Married
    Spoiler:


    Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

  5. #5
    I regret nothing
    Man's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,151
    Rep Power
    622323
      Country                    UK

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TN 15/01/2020

    I’m hoping QT’s presence on the DDP team means that MJF will be able to pick up the win, as Marshall can easily eat the pin there. I’m sure DDP is just there to hit a Diamond Cutter on Blade it something like that to get a big pop and that will hopefully be the extent of the focus being on him instead of MJF.



    Vote for WC’s Favourite Video Game of the 2010’s!
    CLICK HERE FOR THE COUNTDOWN!


  6. #6
    Tag Team Specialist
    Raye's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,025
    Rep Power
    448827
      Country                    Canada

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TN 15/01/2020

    Well, Kong is out due to illness and Brandi will be replacing her in the match... womp, womp womp...

    The card doesn't look super promising, but I'm hoping they can put out a good show. I feel like promoting a special show should warrant a better card but idk that's just me?

  7. #7
    MADMIN KING

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    38,169
    Rep Power
    3093828
      Country                    England

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TN 15/01/2020

    Cody going very Miami Vice here

  8. #8
    Fearless University
    ETE's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    7,200
    Rep Power
    430343
      Country                    New Zealand

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TN 15/01/2020

    Pro Wrestling is so dumb at times, for lack of a better word. And not in a good way.

    You stab someone in the eye with a metal spike their eye is going to be gonzo. Surely that's pretty basic information, just a dumb spot that will have a dumb follow up where Jon wears an eye patch for a week or two but then his eye magically heals from being stabbed...




  9. #9
    Mid-Card Champion
    Gambit's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    829
    Rep Power
    39158

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TN 15/01/2020

    Yeah. An old trope that’s been done to death... but also in a shoot fight a submission people tap fairly quickly.

  10. #10
    Tag Team Specialist
    Raye's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,025
    Rep Power
    448827
      Country                    Canada

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TN 15/01/2020

    Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    Pro Wrestling is so dumb at times, for lack of a better word. And not in a good way.

    You stab someone in the eye with a metal spike their eye is going to be gonzo. Surely that's pretty basic information, just a dumb spot that will have a dumb follow up where Jon wears an eye patch for a week or two but then his eye magically heals from being stabbed...
    This is a really odd thing to nitpick at, for me personally. It's like you're not sure if you want pro wrestling or real fighting, or some sort of documentary at this point. Pro wrestling shouldn't have to tip toe around realism, it should be able to take confident large strides past that line.

  11. #11
    TAKE THE DREAM~

    MC 16's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Lesnar Farm
    Posts
    8,212
    Rep Power
    1237810
      Country                    England

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TN 15/01/2020

    PAC vs Darby was good - awesome main. The opener was decent, the focus was on the angle which I'm finding myself caring little about. I just can't get myself invested in whatever Page does. Guevara vs Moxley was fun for what it was. The Nightmare Collective needs to go. It's making the women's division feel like an automatic skip.
    We Don't Confrom, Kiss Ass Or Get Married
    Spoiler:


    Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

  12. #12
    Fearless University
    ETE's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    7,200
    Rep Power
    430343
      Country                    New Zealand

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TN 15/01/2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    This is a really odd thing to nitpick at, for me personally. It's like you're not sure if you want pro wrestling or real fighting, or some sort of documentary at this point. Pro wrestling shouldn't have to tip toe around realism, it should be able to take confident large strides past that line.
    It doesn't have to be real, I mean an Irish Whip would never work in real life, pulling on someones arm doesn't make them uncontrollably start running. But stabbing someone in the eye is just stupid, unless Moxley wears an eyepatch for the rest of his career its just a dumb spot done with AEW trying to be edgy with no real thought put into it.




  13. #13
    Tag Team Specialist
    Raye's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,025
    Rep Power
    448827
      Country                    Canada

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TN 15/01/2020

    Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    It doesn't have to be real, I mean an Irish Whip would never work in real life, pulling on someones arm doesn't make them uncontrollably start running. But stabbing someone in the eye is just stupid, unless Moxley wears an eyepatch for the rest of his career its just a dumb spot done with AEW trying to be edgy with no real thought put into it.
    So you'd prefer everything be: let me hit you with a steel chair on your back 2-3 times and walk away. That'll show how much I hate you and want to hurt you! I bet you were also mad that Triple H didn't miss his match vs Orton after breaking into his house because he should've been in jail, or at the least suspended. I mean... what a dumb spot!!11 /s

  14. #14

    Silk's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Hell on Earth
    Posts
    8,895
    Rep Power
    1638672
      Country                    United States

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TN 15/01/2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    So you'd prefer everything be: let me hit you with a steel chair on your back 2-3 times and walk away. That'll show how much I hate you and want to hurt you! I bet you were also mad that Triple H didn't miss his match vs Orton after breaking into his house because he should've been in jail, or at the least suspended. I mean... what a dumb spot!!11 /s
    The thing is you have to draw a line somewhere, and I tend to agree that the notion of stabbing someone in the eye is definitely a bridge too far in suspending my disbelief. We're supposed to believe these guys are human, not superheroes. Would you be cool if they did a spot where Moxley pulls a gun out and shoots Omega but Kenny gets up and hits him with the One Winged Angel? There has to be a point where you believe a guy should be reasonably hurt, that's the entire conceit of wrestling.



    Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

    Never Forget
    Spoiler:


    [footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]


    WC Hall of Famer


  15. #15
    Tag Team Specialist
    Raye's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,025
    Rep Power
    448827
      Country                    Canada

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TN 15/01/2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    The thing is you have to draw a line somewhere, and I tend to agree that the notion of stabbing someone in the eye is definitely a bridge too far in suspending my disbelief. We're supposed to believe these guys are human, not superheroes. Would you be cool if they did a spot where Moxley pulls a gun out and shoots Omega but Kenny gets up and hits him with the One Winged Angel? There has to be a point where you believe a guy should be reasonably hurt, that's the entire conceit of wrestling.
    We just came off a year where we had an angle that somebody was legitimately trying to murder Roman. There was an angle where Vince blew up in a limo. We're drawing the line at someone getting stabbed in the eye though? I've been disliking a lot of what AEW has been presenting as of late, but this is just coming off as silly to me. This place in general just seems to have a hate-boner towards AEW.

  16. #16
    The Mayor of Slamtown
    Sayer's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    9,847
    Rep Power
    1216501

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TN 15/01/2020

    And that Vince angle was ridiculed too, was it not?

    To be fair, there was a similar deal on NXT this week that no one is mentioning.

  17. #17
    King EC

    Mr. Peanutbutter's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Labrador Peninsula
    Posts
    10,918
    Rep Power
    1720682
      Country                    United States

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TN 15/01/2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    We just came off a year where we had an angle that somebody was legitimately trying to murder Roman. There was an angle where Vince blew up in a limo. We're drawing the line at someone getting stabbed in the eye though? I've been disliking a lot of what AEW has been presenting as of late, but this is just coming off as silly to me. This place in general just seems to have a hate-boner towards AEW.
    Shoulda seen the WWE section most of last year.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique



    HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career
    Spoiler:




  18. #18

    Silk's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Hell on Earth
    Posts
    8,895
    Rep Power
    1638672
      Country                    United States

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TN 15/01/2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    We just came off a year where we had an angle that somebody was legitimately trying to murder Roman. There was an angle where Vince blew up in a limo. We're drawing the line at someone getting stabbed in the eye though? I've been disliking a lot of what AEW has been presenting as of late, but this is just coming off as silly to me. This place in general just seems to have a hate-boner towards AEW.
    ...

    And we didn't shit all over that? Is there some corner of the internet where the Vince limo angle is beloved?

    There isn't a hate boner for AEW, this is very much your love boner for them clouding what is a totally genuine criticism of the product.



    Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

    Never Forget
    Spoiler:


    [footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]


    WC Hall of Famer


  19. #19
    Fearless University
    ETE's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    7,200
    Rep Power
    430343
      Country                    New Zealand

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TN 15/01/2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    So you'd prefer everything be: let me hit you with a steel chair on your back 2-3 times and walk away. That'll show how much I hate you and want to hurt you! I bet you were also mad that Triple H didn't miss his match vs Orton after breaking into his house because he should've been in jail, or at the least suspended. I mean... what a dumb spot!!11 /s
    Theres a big gulf between hitting someone an the back with a chair a few times and stabbing them in the eyes with a spike. You want a big way to end the show do a table spot. Put Moxley through a table, thats still an impactful spot, turning to stabbing people in the eye is just ridiculous.

    Where's the line then? Would you be fine if Moxley came out next week with a gun and shot Jericho? That'd be a cool spot right? Or how about he turns up and stabs him in the throat?

    As far as the whole HHH/Police thing. Its is dumb too, but its a wrestle stable that Pro Wrestlers exist in this weird lawless land where they can do whatever they want and never face serious charges from Cops. There's also a big difference between that and stabbing someone in the eye.

    And as far as everything else goes, the Vince limo explosion and such. All those angles are pretty universally shat on as well because they're so dumb and the follow up is always that everyone is perfectly fine and its all forgotten like 2 weeks later. AEW shouldn't be able to get away with booking stupid nonsense just because its the new toy in town and people want it to be great. The sad reality is AEW is not what we all hoped it would be.




  20. #20
    Everything is the worst
    BoJack Horseman's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Your heart
    Posts
    1,365
    Rep Power
    241425
      Country                    Liechtenstein

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TN 15/01/2020

    I guess an exploding TV isn't as stupid of an angle anymore...

    I watched this week for the first time since the debut show. Still not getting me grabbed. Was nice to see DDP in the ring though.

    And even with how questionable that Spike-in-the-eye-spot is... I kinda liked Moxley's look at the end.

    EDIT:
    Question for the regular viewers: Does Hager always dress like your white suburban neighbor?
    Last edited by BoJack Horseman; 01-17-2020 at 03:34 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •