Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: Tessa Blanchard accused of bullying, racism

  1. #41
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    15,972
    Rep Power
    781851

    Re: Tessa Blanchard accused of bullying, racism

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Im specifically referring to the N word. i should of been more clear.

    is it really being called out if no names are mentioned?
    Yeah, I meant more generally for the litany of incidents that have been reported. I imagine some of them are exaggerated or one-side-of-the-story.... but when there is a whole bunch of them, its kinda impossible to deny the pattern.

    Well, its a fairly closed group being referenced, no? She's calling out female wrestlers. Just because she doesn't name people specifically.... its pretty obvious. She's not calling out Japanese wrestlers or luchadors. She's not calling out WWE wrestlers - no one legitimately expects a WWE-contracted talent to go out of their way to publically back someone contracted to a "rival" company. So she is referencing women on the US indy scene. That's kinda pretty specific.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.



  2. #42
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7,534
    Rep Power
    575120

    Re: Tessa Blanchard accused of bullying, racism

    I look at what Tessa tweeted as just a positive message amongst women. to be supportive. Some female wrestlers then felt she should live by those words. kind of walk the walk and talk the talk. unless im off base here.... and in doing so kibd of ruined the message
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

  3. #43
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    15,972
    Rep Power
    781851

    Re: Tessa Blanchard accused of bullying, racism

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    I look at what Tessa tweeted as just a positive message amongst women. to be supportive. Some female wrestlers then felt she should live by those words. kind of walk the walk and talk the talk. unless im off base here.... and in doing so kibd of ruined the message
    Dude, are you really blaming the reactions for "ruining the message"?

    If the most toxic, negative, problematic, difficult-to-work-with person in your workplace calls out the employees for the negative culture they are a huge part of, how do you react to that message? Does the message still carry the same weight to you? Do you not feel things dulled by hypocrisy?

    Its a great message. But the reality is that the messenger matters as much as the message. Always the case.

    Does an anti-harassment message from Harvey Weinstein resonate?

    How about a save-the-planet ad from a company notorious for pollution?

    Is Vince McMahon who you want doing an anti-bullying PSA?

    The message loses its power when the messenger doesn't match. And that's what happened. Kinda shitty to blame those who reacted to what they saw as blatant hypocrisy.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.



  4. #44
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7,534
    Rep Power
    575120

    Re: Tessa Blanchard accused of bullying, racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Dude, are you really blaming the reactions for "ruining the message"?

    If the most toxic, negative, problematic, difficult-to-work-with person in your workplace calls out the employees for the negative culture they are a huge part of, how do you react to that message? Does the message still carry the same weight to you? Do you not feel things dulled by hypocrisy?

    Its a great message. But the reality is that the messenger matters as much as the message. Always the case.

    Does an anti-harassment message from Harvey Weinstein resonate?

    How about a save-the-planet ad from a company notorious for pollution?

    Is Vince McMahon who you want doing an anti-bullying PSA?

    The message loses its power when the messenger doesn't match. And that's what happened. Kinda shitty to blame those who reacted to what they saw as blatant hypocrisy.
    The answer is.....i dont react at all.

    All im saying is Tessa tweeting that doesnt change the importance of the message. But calling her out on twitter kind of does. Are people not allowed to grow and change without being constantly reminded of past mistakes.

    And the messenge doesnt lose power because the messenger. Thats what anti climate changers use to downplay people speaking up about it. "Well you still drive and fly in planes you hypocrite "

    i guess i just hate the whole twitter culture.

    if it was such a huge problem why couldnt they just do something when it happened?

    understand, im not saying Tessa is right to be a bully or use racist language.


    If i wrote an anti bullying thing on Facebook...should everyone i bullied call me out on it years after?

    are they looking for apologies or more to try and get revenge by dragging me through the mud

    Can i not share a save the planet meme since i littered before?
    Last edited by indyfan; 01-14-2020 at 03:08 PM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

  5. #45
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    15,972
    Rep Power
    781851

    Re: Tessa Blanchard accused of bullying, racism

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    The answer is.....i dont react at all.

    All im saying is Tessa tweeting that doesnt change the importance of the message. But calling her out on twitter kind of does. Are people not allowed to grow and change without being constantly reminded of past mistakes.

    And the messenge doesnt lose power because the messenger. Thats what anti climate changers use to downplay people speaking up about it. "Well you still drive and fly in planes you hypocrite "

    i guess i just hate the whole twitter culture.

    if it was such a huge problem why couldnt they just do something when it happened?

    understand, im not saying Tessa is right to be a bully or use racist language.


    If i wrote an anti bullying thing on Facebook...should everyone i bullied call me out on it years after?

    are they looking for apologies or more to try and get revenge by dragging me through the mud

    Can i not share a save the planet meme since i littered before?
    Disagree on the messenger factor. I do think it matters and impacts whether that message resonates and connects or gets ignored. Look at Melania Trump's anti-bullying campaign. Why does that get ridiculed and mocked and have basically zero value? Its because her husband is an obvious and active bully.

    Of course people are allowed to grow and change. But how do you know that's the case? Acknowledging wrongs and apologizing demonstrates that, but where are we seeing that? Are we just to assume growth and change on her part? Its odd to me that you seem willing to give her benefit of the doubt on that but not on the motives of those who called her out.

    Client deniers use false equivalency like a third grader. "Oh, you have ANY carbon footprint? Then you don't REALLY care about the environment", which obviously ignores any steps taken to reduce that footprint. Which is the same as what you what you are doing with the "littered" comment. Obviously doing a single wrong doesn't negate a right, let alone many rights, but a whole lot of wrong sure does impact the positive of the right. And getting a "save the earth" message from someone who ACTIVELY pollutes as much as possible... yeah, sorry, that does reduce what they are saying.

    "Why couldn't they do something when it happened" sure sounds like victim blaming. There are a THOUSAND reasons that someone might not have taken action at the time. And maybe some did - confronted her, went to the promoter, etc. But for those who chose not to speak out, that doesn't minimize what they saw or were subjected to. Maybe they felt there would be physical reprisal - there were accusations of violence, after all. Maybe they feared for repercussions from the promoter. Maybe some feared getting labelled "trouble maker" and being blackballed.... which some of them LITERALLY stated.

    I don't love social media at all. There is a huge amount of negatives to it (although I use it, making me a hypocrite). Like I said, cancel culture is fucking stupid. But I don't mind hypocrisy getting called out. But blaming this on social media is kinda entirely missing the point of this. Its like those who blame the #MeToo movement for accountability for gender harassment rather than looking at the toxic behaviors being called out. Its not like toxic behaviors coming light is new - it could have happened in the past in any number of ways, whether victims talking to a dirt sheet, doing shoot interviews, etc. Social media has just changed the way its communicated, not the fact that its communicated at all.

    If you are a bully and make an anti-bullying post, then yeah, you should probably expect someone to respond that calls out your hypocrisy. But its kinda contextual, no? if you have acknowledged that history and maybe made amends, that's much different to someone who never has or will acknowledge they were in the wrong. If I'm just some poor shithead who's life you made absolutely fucking hell all through high school, and 20 years later you are posting up "bullying is wrong".... do I assume you realized the error of your ways, despite having no real evidence of that? Because to me, you probably have earned that benefit of the doubt. Quite the opposite - its very likely I have zero reason to see the positive in your or your words/post. Its just as likely that you saying something positive for validation, or maybe think bullying is bad when it happens to someone you love, like your kid, but still don't understand that you personally did was wrong and toxic and have a really significant negative impact on me. Reality is that your toxic behavior towards someone should reasonably remove your expectation of getting the benefit of the doubt from that person, unless you have made an actual effort.

    You say you aren't defending Blanchard for being a bully. But you are doing just that.

    I have no horse in this race. I kinda like that TNA did the intergender thing, and I have nothing against Blanchard. I've only seen a bit of her but she's obviously talented in the ring. Shitty, toxic behavior is nothing new to professional wrestling. Neither is Twitter drama. It just strikes me as wrong to see those who seem to be defending the behavior, blaming those who called it out, and/or blaming social media instead of someone's toxic behavior.
    Last edited by Big Papa; 01-14-2020 at 06:22 PM.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.



  6. #46
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7,534
    Rep Power
    575120

    Re: Tessa Blanchard accused of bullying, racism

    Melania Trumps anti-bullying message losing its meaning because of her husband is fuckin ridiculous. If Trump did, id agree because hes still actively a bully. Key word is actively

    Im not defending her...im questioning why these people waited so long to get the balls to call her out on twitter like teenagers when they could of just done it like grownups. Face to Face.

    You say theres no way to tell they changed....well what evidence is there she didnt? This was a few years ago.

    Must we all apologize to show we changed our ways through social media of all places?

    As far as victim blaming...come on its not like i said they should of done x,y,z to avoid being bullied. All im saying is be adult and stand up for yourself...not through social like a teenager.

    you lost me on the last part of the climate change deniers paragraph.

    If i littered before...can i no longer post save the planet memes because i littered in 2003? Its the exact same situation with different variables.

    Also social medias reach is far greater than dirt sheets or shoots or news papers
    Last edited by indyfan; 01-14-2020 at 06:26 PM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

  7. #47
    All About That Ace
    Todd Chavez's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hollywoo
    Posts
    13,927
    Rep Power
    1086649
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Tessa Blanchard accused of bullying, racism

    If Tessa grew then she can admit to the wrong doing and promise to do better. Easy. She's not doing that, she has no room to be defended.

  8. #48
    King EC

    Mr. Peanutbutter's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Labrador Peninsula
    Posts
    10,791
    Rep Power
    1573764
      Country                    United States

    Re: Tessa Blanchard accused of bullying, racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Chavez View Post
    If Tessa grew then she can admit to the wrong doing and promise to do better. Easy. She's not doing that, she has no room to be defended.
    Yeah, sadly the closest she's come is the Hard To Kill post show when she stayed in the ring and said "We've all made mistakes" and then dropped the pseudo-Donald Trump line of "I've got one of the strongest minds that I've ever known"
    Last edited by Mr. Peanutbutter; 01-14-2020 at 06:36 PM.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique



    HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

    Spoiler:




  9. #49
    Stylebender
    Chaddes's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Emirates
    Posts
    542
    Rep Power
    250596
      Country                    Scotland

    Re: Tessa Blanchard accused of bullying, racism

    It really is not that hard to just go "yeah, I was a fucking idiot, but I've learned a lot since then and I'm sorry"

    C H A M P E S A N Y A

  10. #50
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7,534
    Rep Power
    575120

    Re: Tessa Blanchard accused of bullying, racism

    ^i can agree with what you and John are saying. She should apologize.

    but to me running to social media is the same as crying about someones actions behind their back instead of just settling like an adult. its a pussy move
    Last edited by indyfan; 01-14-2020 at 07:02 PM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •