Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tessa Blanchard accused of bullying, racism

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Tessa Blanchard accused of bullying, racism

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    fair enough but i didnt get the impression she used names
    Not being supportive =/= bullying and being racist to other people, so the situation is totally different
    We Don't Confrom, Kiss Ass Or Get Married
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

[Speak Like A Child]

Status

Not saying any of this is true (I have no dog in this fight tbh), but the timing of this all coming out is hard to ignore.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Not saying any of this is true (I have no dog in this fight tbh), but the timing of this all coming out is hard to ignore.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Oh they knew …. Shame too if Impact doesn't give her the championship as the Sami/Tessa story has been great.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Your Favourite Member's Favourite Admin

Status

To think this all started from Tessa posting some virtue signalling tweet. This is why I'm not really in the camp of saying that people have waited for this to ruin her big weekend; Chelsea and Sienna only spoke up when Tessa annoyed them with the ra-ra speech about women standing up for other women, and if these allegations are true then I can totally understand why they decided to speak up now.

I think there's obviously some truth to this story as Tessa got pretty quickly run out of Stardom and hasn't been back in years despite becoming a much better wrestler and stories of her bad attitude were rampant back in 2017. I also think she's calmed down and grown up in the last year so it would be a shame if Impact shelves their big conclusion to Sami/Tessa tomorrow and shoots themselves in the foot over something from 3 years ago.

Young Gunz

Status

Damnit, Tessa. I was rooting for her! Had she just kept her mouth shut (on twitter) and worked that match, she wouldn't be dealing with any of these issues. But, she felt the need to talk about women supporting other women and some of the women who felt/knew she didn't support other women, called her out.

The female wrestler who was spat on and called a racial slur has confirmed that Tessa did do what Aliyson Kay alleged. Big Swole also confirmed that she had spoken to both parties about the incident at WrestleCade of last year. There's no denying that Tessa did what she was accused of doing in this instance. Also, we definitely look down on Tessa for her actions because she knows/knew better. She stepped out of line when she spit on the women and then she called her a racial slur. That's not something you learn and grow from because...YOU KNOW YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

But, the wrestling industry is pretty lax on racial incidents so I wouldn't be surprised if she still won the title.

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    To think this all started from Tessa posting some virtue signalling tweet. This is why I'm not really in the camp of saying that people have waited for this to ruin her big weekend; Chelsea and Sienna only spoke up when Tessa annoyed them with the ra-ra speech about women standing up for other women, and if these allegations are true then I can totally understand why they decided to speak up now.

I think there's obviously some truth to this story as Tessa got pretty quickly run out of Stardom and hasn't been back in years despite becoming a much better wrestler and stories of her bad attitude were rampant back in 2017. I also think she's calmed down and grown up in the last year so it would be a shame if Impact shelves their big conclusion to Sami/Tessa tomorrow and shoots themselves in the foot over something from 3 years ago.
    the big issue i think is that shes not taking responsibility or promising to do better. thats always the thing when this happens in this and other industry. few are ever willing to own up to it, genuinely apologize, and strive to make better. only one i can think of is dan harmon during peak metoo movement. i cant think of anyone else really.

King EC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Chavez View Post
    the big issue i think is that shes not taking responsibility or promising to do better. thats always the thing when this happens in this and other industry. few are ever willing to own up to it, genuinely apologize, and strive to make better. only one i can think of is dan harmon during peak metoo movement. i cant think of anyone else really.
    That's exactly the way I'm looking at it too.

Yeah, the incident happened 3 years ago. But by completely denying it instead of owning up to it and apologizing today, she's proving that she isn't much better now than she was then. At least if she fessed up and promised to be better, she could have shown that she's remorseful for her actions.

Sucks all around. Low key I'm still wishing there would be some kind of evidence that she never did it but it's looking more and more certain she did.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

Spoiler:

Say hello to the bad guy!

Status

Squash Fodder

Status

I’ve had the privilege of meeting Tessa Blanchard twice and she’s one of the sweetest someone could meet.

I personally don’t see Tessa making this remarks. She has a huge moment this weekend and she’s doing something no other female wrestler in the world is getting to do on a larger scale. I think this is intentionally timed because of this show and I hope Blanchard still walks away champion.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Finishline View Post
    I’ve had the privilege of meeting Tessa Blanchard twice and she’s one of the sweetest someone could meet.

I personally don’t see Tessa making this remarks. She has a huge moment this weekend and she’s doing something no other female wrestler in the world is getting to do on a larger scale. I think this is intentionally timed because of this show and I hope Blanchard still walks away champion.
    That's a lot of people coming to tear her down all at once.

All About That Ace

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Finishline View Post

Im sorry, but you do realize this means nothing right? You know Hogan probably gave a shitton of people amazing experiences at signings? You know Hogan probably has black friends who would SWEAR hes never been racist to them? That doesnt mean hes not been fucking racist. Come on now.

Not that youre the only one who does this but because youve had a positive experience with a celebrity who is LITERALLY MAKING MONEY TO BE NICE TO YOU doesnt mean theyre good people.

Status

Even more are speaking out on it now too.

https://www.wrestlingattitude.com/20...acism.html?m=1

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

It's not some big secret she was a really bad person during those days. I was basically close to the situation with her & the Isla Dawn incident during her tour of Japan, to think that Isla was the one who got run out of Japan by Tessa who beat her up backstage during the middle of their Grand Prix actually and people like Dave took Tessa's side, even the company pushed her to the final of the tournament that same year while Isla had to change her name to try to fight against Tessa trying to get her blackballed everywhere. She also got into a shoot fight with Kagetsu during a match on the tour and there were numerous incidents on US soil with her. I think again Ed got it totally right about her virtue signaling tweet starting it moreso than it being a deliberate plan to ruin her big weekend. For what it's worth the wrestler she called the N word knocked the shit out of her nearly immediately and they both got let go sadly for La Rosa Negra. It's all true though.

I also agree that she has calmed down a lot and grown quite a bit, is about to get married and I think having the success she did made her a little bit better. Jon is right though...she is handling this very poorly and just trying to pretend stuff didn't happen rather than apologizing.
    Last edited by Zero; 01-11-2020 at 09:40 PM.
    As long as you remember me, I will always live within you. Not as a phantom limb or a phantom anything...As part of your heart. I will always be your angel of peace. So I know exactly how to finish...

Say..."Peace".

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Damn it Tessa.

She does have a history of being a bit of a bitch at times. But whats both sides to the stories? Its pretty rare in situations like that that one side of the story is actually 100% true and not leaving out a few key facts.

I also cant help but think about the timing of this, right before the biggest moment in her career, right before she's about to potentially do one of the biggest things any woman in Pro Wrestling has done they all "speak up". Tall Poppy syndrome is real, people are jealous and petty, people hate seeing others be successful. How much of this is just that?

All About That Ace

Status

I just want you all to know, if ever you guys do anything bad enough that I could fuck up an opportunity for you, I will wait till you're close to being mega successful to do it. I want you as high as you can be for when I drag you down. I will specifically harbor that shit you did to me for that specific moment.

King EC

Status

Two relevant articles on this situation:

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...cident-664797/

https://www.bodyslam.net/2020/01/13/...ssue-resolved/

I guess to tie everything up: La Rosa Negra has moved on and didn't think the incident needed to be dragged up. And also, Tessa and Rosa have allegedly buried the hatchet over the incident.

This is all pretty good news, given the circumstances. I'd still like to hear a public apology from Tessa about her past behavior. But, mending the fences with Rosa is a solid start.
    Last edited by Mr. Peanutbutter; 01-14-2020 at 01:48 AM.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peanutbutter View Post
    This is all pretty good news, given the circumstances. I'd still like to hear a public apology from Tessa about her past behavior. But, mending the fences with Rosa is a solid start.
    I think that's the thing that bothers me at all about this. Yes, she had shitty behavior and did some things that simply shouldn't be done. She's also calmed down and altered her behaviors. But showing some contrition would be lovely. Cancel culture is pretty stupid and this didn't need to go that direction. But an apology and acknowledgement go a long long way.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    I think that's the thing that bothers me at all about this. Yes, she had shitty behavior and did some things that simply shouldn't be done. She's also calmed down and altered her behaviors. But showing some contrition would be lovely. Cancel culture is pretty stupid and this didn't need to go that direction. But an apology and acknowledgement go a long long way.
    i think it does but if this happened between two people who have already buried the hatchet, then the people bringing it up are in the wrong

if Tessa mades these remarks publically( at a rally, online) then she should apologize publically.

but if it was done in a closed situation, then she should simply apologize to the person involved.
    Last edited by indyfan; 01-14-2020 at 11:18 AM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    i think it does but if this happened between two people who have already buried the hatchet, then the people bringing it up are in the wrong

if Tessa mades these remarks publically( at a rally, online) then she should apologize publically.

but if it was done in a closed situation, then she should simply apologize to the person involved.
    How is bringing it up wrong if its demonstrated a pattern of behavior by the person? It was something these people were witness to or directly with, not something that happened in private that they were asked not to share publically. And its not like that was a completely random character assassination - this was a response to being called out by Blanchard for "not being supportive". Basically a response to the hypocrisy demonstrated.

A single incident probably doesn't warrant an apology in a public way. But again, a pattern of behavior backed up by a significant number of individuals is a different situation. Even a half-assed apology that acknowledges that those toxic behaviors were inappropriate would be better than nothing. Lack of apology or even acknowledgement generally indicates someone feels they did no wrong, which given some of the accusations, would be the real concern.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    How is bringing it up wrong if its demonstrated a pattern of behavior by the person? It was something these people were witness to or directly with, not something that happened in private that they were asked not to share publically. And its not like that was a completely random character assassination - this was a response to being called out by Blanchard for "not being supportive". Basically a response to the hypocrisy demonstrated.

A single incident probably doesn't warrant an apology in a public way. But again, a pattern of behavior backed up by a significant number of individuals is a different situation. Even a half-assed apology that acknowledges that those toxic behaviors were inappropriate would be better than nothing. Lack of apology or even acknowledgement generally indicates someone feels they did no wrong, which given some of the accusations, would be the real concern.
    Im specifically referring to the N word. i should of been more clear.

is it really being called out if no names are mentioned?
    Last edited by indyfan; 01-14-2020 at 12:37 PM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information