RELEASE DATE:TBD

STUDIO:STXfilms, Lakeshore Entertainment

DIRECTOR:William Brent Bell

MPAA RATING:N/A

SCREENWRITER:Stacey Menear

STARRING:Katie Holmes

GENRE:Thriller, Horror

Plot Summary:
    "The Boy 2" a follow up to the successful horror-thriller feature "The Boy" (2016), which starred Lauren Cohan and Rupert Evans. Katie Holmes (Batman Begins, Phone Booth, Ray Donovan) will headline the cast in the role of Liza. Unaware of the terrifying history of Heelshire Mansion, a young family moves into the estate, where their young son soon makes an unsettling new friend, an eerily life-like doll he calls Brahms.

Trailer:

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Brahms: The Boy II (2020)

Here's a new poster.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Good grief. As if the first one wasn't bad enough.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Here's the final trailer, not something I'm interested in at all.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Grosses
    DOMESTIC (72.4%)
    $5,823,006
    INTERNATIONAL (27.6%)
    $2,220,000
    WORLDWIDE
    $8,043,006
    This movie had a 10 million dollar budget before marketing, The original made 68 million worldwide and had a 10.8 million it's opening weekend. The ratings are horrible for this.

Does anyone truly care about spoilers for this movie?

2016's The Boy wasn't a good movie. I'd argue, it wasn't even a bad movie either. It was a pretty average film that some, like myself, made the mistake of paying money to see it on the big screen instead of doing the smarter thing and waiting for it to show up on some streaming service so you're not forced to pay for it directly. As a movie to watch on Netflix on some rainy day, it gets the job done. If nothing else, the movie introduced me to the superior TV movie, Bad Ronald.

Yet, Brahms: The Boy II took the one thing that The Boy did fairly well, somewhat of a creepy concept of the reveal of a crazed man living in the walls, and completely retconned it. Instead of a movie grounded in some realism, it's a mindless supernatural flick with a possessed doll that fails to ever create any fear because if you watched the previous film, you're under the impression that there's zero reason to ever believe that the doll is alive. There's even one moment near the end where Brahms actually stumbles into a pretty cool moment where it looked as if the film was going to take an extreme turn, but like the rest of the movie, it drops the balls. Moments after they failed to capitalize on that perfect set-up, they set-up a shot that was so stupid that I actually laughed out loud at how stupid it was.

All that is bad enough, but Brahms is also such a dull movie because nothing major ever happens. The cheesy scene that the filmmakers were so proud of that they had to release online prior to the release to draw in more viewers, ended up not even being a kill. It's a horror movie without any human victims! I haven't watched The Boy since seeing it in the theater, but it's possible there weren't any victims in that one either, but it's still a movie that relied on forcing the viewer to wait until the end reveal to learn if the doll is alive or not. Again, Brahms doesn't have that question, regardless of how much the filmmakers want you to speculate, because we had already been told in the climax of the first movie the answer to whether or not the doll was alive.

The fact that Brahms will likely just make back its budget by time it's out of the theater will hopefully kill any plans of turning The Boy into a proper franchise. The one thing that Brahms succeeded in was making The Boy look great in comparison. As far as theatrical releases go, Brahms: The Boy II could be a shoe-in for worst horror of the year.

Status

I can't believe you ruined this movie for me Jim, I've been looking forward all month to this.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Pathetically Recapping Wrestling's Most Famous Garbage
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic Hall of Famer

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

#BlackLivesMatter

Thread Information