Thread: WWE Royal Rumble 2020 - Women's Royal Rumble Match

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Royal Rumble WWE Royal Rumble 2020 - Women's Royal Rumble Match

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    For the third year in a row, 30 female Superstars will battle for the opportunity at sports-entertainment immortality in the Women’s Royal Rumble Match. The winner of the massive melee will go on to challenge for a World Championship at WrestleMania 36.

The following Superstars have declared for the Women’s Royal Rumble Match:

Charlotte Flair
    Alexa Bliss
    Nikki Cross
    Sarah Logan

The high-stakes free-for-all will start with two competitors, and Superstars enter the ring at equal intervals. This continues until all 30 Superstars have entered the bout. Elimination occurs when a Superstar is thrown over the top rope, and both feet hit the floor. The last Superstar in the ring will be declared the victor.

Don’t miss the wildly unpredictable Women’s Royal Rumble Match, Sunday, Jan. 26, at 7 ET/4 PT, streaming live on the award-winning WWE Network!
    Last edited by Smooth Jazz Wolf; 01-19-2020 at 09:54 AM.

Spoiler:

I'm not good at signatures.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Ghana

Re: WWE Royal Rumble 2020 - Women's Royal Rumble Match

My betting pick...Shayna Baszler wins the 2020 Women's Royal Rumble Match as a surprise entrant or Ronda Rousey makes her return to WWE and wins the whole thing

Shit username since day 1

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Still only four names announced for this is a poor show from the WWE, considering over 2/3 of the field for the mens match is already known. Just looking at the women on the main roster, and it only really struck me now, but there's really very few that get any screen time outside of the usual suspects. Probably doesn't help this match when Becky and Bayley are both defending their belts against Asuka and Lacey on the show too, instantly removing 4 of the more featured names in the division. There's really not a great deal to get excited about. Can't wait for the Natalya iron woman run here...

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Wow that's pretty shocking. I mean we can all fill in the blanks on who will be in the match, but the big point is they aren't hyping up the match enough. Fair play on having 2 womens title matches on the show, that looks healthier than what's happening with the mens titles on this show, but that's a really stupid use of time to not be doing more for the rumble match. When you think about what's going on in the mens rumble there's the hook of Brock being in the match, the Seth and friends Vs Owens and friends stuff, the Roman and Corbin feud, the Bobby and Rusev feud, once you include the NXT and legend surprises that's going to be a match with few down periods. The only other thing going on with the women in WWE outside of the titles is Lana and Liv's angle so it's probably going to be a cold match where there's just pops for entrances and that's it.

Otis is nailed on to be involved in Mandy's elimination right?

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    India

Shayna Baszler is the most favorite right now to win Women Royal Rumble 2020 then Challenge Becky Lynch for WWE RAW Women Championship at Wrestlemania 36.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Ghana

Unless WWE pulls a swerve and they have Ronda Rousey return here and win the Rumble

Admin in Lockdown

Status

I'm starting to think Sasha Banks could win this. I know Shayna's a hot favourite for this match, but with her win at Survivor Series she'd have a legit case to show up and just make a challenge to Becky. Bayley's potential opponent at mania seems very unclear and might need the help of being a rumble winner set up a match against Sasha that they'd have a few months to heat back up into a rivalry.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Last year's Rumble was so bad they probably don't want to let everyone know it's all the same people.

I feel like Charlotte & Shayna jump out as winners. Can't see a WM without Charlotte in a big position in the women's division and Shayna has the natural feud with Becky though I would much much prefer Rousey come back and win.

Sasha would be interesting from a narrative perspective, but her heel run has been by far the best of her career and I wouldn't wanna mess that up to turn her on Bayley. I also think it's possible Bayley drops the title before WM.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

You might be right on Bayley, because they do seem to really be getting behind Lacey as a babyface, could well be a title switch on Sunday.

I can also see Sasha being promised a more meaningful match for mania when she was in negotiations to stay with WWE.

Shit username since day 1

Status
      Country                    Ireland

It might actually make sense for Lacey to beat Bayley and then transition into a Sasha feud. They've held off on Lacey vs Sasha for a few weeks when it was scheduled over the last few weeks, and it has always felt like Sasha was the focus, rather than Bayley, despite Bayley having the belt.

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Gyimah View Post
    Unless WWE pulls a swerve and they have Ronda Rousey return here and win the Rumble
    She's my pick to win it this year. Set up a one-on-one between her and Lynch at WrestleMania.

THE FACE THAT RUNS THE PLACE

Thread Information