Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Workers of the Late 2010s Project - RESULTS COUNTDOWN!

The Flow

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Best Workers of the Late 2010s Project - RESULTS COUNTDOWN!

I considered Yehi but ultimately left him off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

Well I suddenly don't feel bad about any of my placements.

Also, didn't expect Grimes to end so (relatively) high. I wouldn't have been surprised if he didn't make it at all. But still good for him.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

Spoiler:

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    So Jon Snow...
    Is clearly the smartest person in the room because Yehi is amazing?

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

Enjoying the list so far, and particularly the presentation of it. Disappointed I'm too late to send in a list. I predict the top three will be Styles, Omega, and Okada - very interested to see who takes the Number 1 spot.

All About That Ace

Status

Fred Yehi's my favorite wrestler to watch, simple as that. I think he's massively underrated and I can't understand why he hasn't been signed to a bigger company. Does he have an attitude? Am I the only one (aside from Fuj maestro) who thinks he's terrific?

When I was my most into wrestling, he was the guy I absolutely loved watching above anyone else. He's got personality, a unique moveset, a good look (sure he's not big but D-Bry/KENTA show that doesn't matter), and I've never watched a match of his I did not enjoy. Crazy that EVOLVE never elevated him beyond his spot in Catch Point because he consistently delivered for me even above ZSJ/Gulak/Riddle who had off nights here and there.

I am curious, for those who watched him, what do you guys think he needs to work on. Does he need a more extravagant gimmick? Is his personality too subtle? I could see things like "You're in BIG TROUBLE" easily blowing up with right audience. His style makes him pop immediately. And he's great at making other wrestlers look better too. I don't see how if he wasn't 6'2" and 220/230 he wouldn't be a star in NXT rn. And I can't understand why companies like ROH have PCO as a champion when this fucking guy is struggling to get booked. Like I said, I'd love for someone to tell me what I'm overlooking.

I will wholly concede that I've perhaps elevated him above where he should be, but that's absolutely not for lack of talent but just for lack of opportunity. But even so, I don't feel bad about the pick because when I was watching, he was the best guy I had the pleasure of watching.

*shrug*

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Chavez View Post
    Fred Yehi's my favorite wrestler to watch, simple as that. I think he's massively underrated and I can't understand why he hasn't been signed to a bigger company. Does he have an attitude? Am I the only one (aside from Fuj maestro) who thinks he's terrific?

When I was my most into wrestling, he was the guy I absolutely loved watching above anyone else. He's got personality, a unique moveset, a good look (sure he's not big but D-Bry/KENTA show that doesn't matter), and I've never watched a match of his I did not enjoy. Crazy that EVOLVE never elevated him beyond his spot in Catch Point because he consistently delivered for me even above ZSJ/Gulak/Riddle who had off nights here and there.

I am curious, for those who watched him, what do you guys think he needs to work on. Does he need a more extravagant gimmick? Is his personality too subtle? I could see things like "You're in BIG TROUBLE" easily blowing up with right audience. His style makes him pop immediately. And he's great at making other wrestlers look better too. I don't see how if he wasn't 6'2" and 220/230 he wouldn't be a star in NXT rn. And I can't understand why companies like ROH have PCO as a champion when this fucking guy is struggling to get booked. Like I said, I'd love for someone to tell me what I'm overlooking.

I will wholly concede that I've perhaps elevated him above where he should be, but that's absolutely not for lack of talent but just for lack of opportunity. But even so, I don't feel bad about the pick because when I was watching, he was the best guy I had the pleasure of watching.

*shrug*

First of all PCO is awesome and is simply getting a legacy thank you run

second of all i agree Fred should be in ROH. Im as surprised as you
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

WAKE UP

Status

I am away for the next several days for work so the updating may be sporadic until I'm back.

An incendiary pick...

#60. Aleister Black (4 votes, 51 points)

"I thought his style would be too strike heavy and unique and lacking in storytelling to work for WWE, but he's done really fucking well. The Almas and Velveteen Dream matches are tremendous, I was the high man on the Hideo Itami match, I've really enjoyed the two title matches he's had with Ciampa (sold the leg better than Kenny ever has last week) but then when he's paired up with people I'm not high on as workers like Lars Sullivan or Adam Cole that could really fall into disaster territory if the chemistry isn't there, end up being pretty good."
    Main promotions: EVOLVE, WWE
    Votes: indyfan (#15), The EC (#17), Slick Mitch (#40), Shock (#41)
    Recommended matches:
    w/ Zack Sabre Jr./Marty Scurll vs Roderick Strong/The Young Bucks, Battle Of Los Angeles 2015
    w/ Chris Hero vs Zack Sabre Jr./Sami Callihan, EVOLVE 53
    vs Zack Sabre Jr., PWG Battle Of Los Angeles 2016
    w/ Chris Hero vs Pentagon Jr./Fenix, PWG Battle Of Los Angeles 2016
    vs Hideo Itami, NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III
    vs The Velveteen Dream, NXT TakeOver: War Games 2016
    vs Andrade Almas, NXT TakeOver: New Orleans
    vs Tommaso Ciampa, NXT 18/7/18
    vs Tommaso Ciampa, NXT TakeOver: Phoenix
    w/ Ricochet vs The War Raiders, NXT TakeOver: New York 2019
    vs Cesaro, Extreme Rules 2019

The Québecois Splattlesnake...

#59. Kevin Owens (3 votes, 56 points)

"All of the Zayn matches have been very good at worst case, the LMS match against Ambrose was one of the best modern day WWE plunder matches, and even when putting over a guy like Brain in 2 minutes he still goes the extra mile to make his opponent look good."
    Main promotions: WWE
    Votes: indyfan (#21), King Steventon (#22), The EC (#34)
    Recommended matches:
    vs Sami Zayn, NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable
    vs Sami Zayn, NXT TakeOver: Rival
    vs John Cena, Elimination Chamber 2015
    vs John Cena, Money In The Bank 2015
    vs Finn Balor (Ladder Match), NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn
    vs Cesaro, Summerslam 2015
    vs Dean Ambrose (Last Man Standing), Royal Rumble 2016
    vs Cesaro, RAW 11/4/16
    vs Sami Zayn, Payback 2016
    vs Sami Zayn vs The Miz vs Cesaro, Extreme Rules 2016
    vs Sami Zayn, Battleground 2016
    vs Roman Reigns (No DQ), Royal Rumble 2017
    vs Chris Jericho, Wrestlemania 33
    vs AJ Styles, Backlash 2017
    vs Daniel Bryan vs Mustafa Ali, Fastlane 2019

Stiff kicks and bad haircuts…

#58. Takuya Nomura (2 votes, 60 points)

"In many ways he reminds me of young KENTA, going absolutely full-tilt against much bigger heavyweights and then getting crushed for his efforts (Big Japan is basically poor man's NOAH). Watch the tags with Suzuki against TT and Strong BJ, he is really awesome trying to prove himself against the big boys, and when he takes his lumps, man, he gets fucking wrecked."
    Main promotions: BJW
    Votes: King Steventon (#15), Zero (#27)
    Recommended matches:
    w/ Hideki Suzuki vs Daisuke Sekimoto/Yuji Okabayashi, 22/9/16
    w/ Hideki Suzuki vs Shuji Ishikawa/Kohei Sato, 18/12/16
    vs Shinobu, 21/6/17
    w/ Kazuki Hashimoto/Yuya Aoki vs Kota Sekifuda/Shinobu/Tatsuhiko Yoshino, 15/10/17
    vs Fuminori Abe, 17/1/18
    w/ Fuminori Abe vs Hideki Suzuki/Daisuke Sekimoto, 13/5/18
    vs Hideki Suzuki, 20/6/18
    w/ Hideyoshi Kamitani vs Katsuhiko Nakajima/Masa Kitamiya, Riki Choshu Produce 10/7/18
    w/ Fuminori Abe vs Hideki Suzuki/Daisuke Sekimoto, 12/8/18
    w/ Hideki Suzuki/Yoshihisa Uto vs Yuji Okabayashi/Ryuichi Kawakami/Kazumi Kikuta, 2/1/19
    w/ Kohei Sato/Fuminori Abe vs Yuji Okabayashi/Hideyoshi Kamitani/Daichi Hashimoto, 16/7/19
    vs Yuji Okabayashi, 21/7/19
    w/ Kohei Sato/Fuminori Abe vs Yuji Okabayashi/Hideyoshi Kamitani/Daichi Hashimoto, 30/7/19

Freshly squ-.... wait wrong ones...

#57. Arisa Nakajima (2 votes, 62 points)

"With Arisa she's historically a much stiffer, hard hitting worker than Tsukka, she represents I suppose what would be considered more of a Strong Style approach to her wrestling which also mixes technical wrestling which she's actually really good at, though she definitely has moved into more of a "I'm bitter & I like hitting people very hard" character in the last year or so. She can emote quite well too when you give her something to sink her teeth into & she can come off fiery & passionate when the moment calls for it, but I would definitely say her in-ring ability is her main strength, but also that's largely because that part of her is so strong."
    Main promotions: Ice Ribbon
    Votes: Zero (#6), MC 16 (#34)
    Recommended matches:
    w/ Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Hanako Nakamori/Mio Shirai, 19/8/15
    w/ Tsukasa Fujimoto/Kagetsu vs Misaki Ohata/Yumi Ohka/Yuuk, 20/12/15
    w/ Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Emi Sakura/Nanae Takahashi, 4/5/16
    w/ Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Yoshiko/Nanae Takahashi, 24/7/16
    w/ Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Hiragi Kurumi & Tsukushi, 19/9/16
    vs Tsukasa Fujimoto, 26/3/17
    w/ Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Nanae Takahashi/Sareee, 5/5/17
    w/ Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Nanae Takahashi/Sareee, 14/7/17
    w/ Mima Shimoda vs Tsukasa Fujimoto/Nanae Takahashi, 11/8/17
    w/ Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Ryo Mizunami/Misaki Ohata, 24/8/17
    vs Tsukasa Fujimoto, 13/12/17
    w/ Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Hiroyo Matsumoto/Misaki Ohata, 9/2/18
    w/ Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Command Bolshoi/Yoshiko, 18/4/18
    w/ Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Yoshiko/Rina Yamashita, 16/5/18

Ohio is for lovers...

#56. Sami Callihan (3 votes, 64 points)

"But he's still a great brawler, works both babyface and heel, has some of the best looking offence in wrestling, knows how to make a match feel unpredictable, and is great at selling."
    Main promotions: AAW, Impact, various US indies
    Votes: Shock (#19), King Steventon (#28), MC 16 (#42)
    Recommended matches:
    vs Chris Hero, AAW Chaos Theory 2016
    w/ Zack Sabre Jr. vs Chris Hero/Tommy End, EVOLVE 53
    w/ Zack Sabre Jr. vs Drew Gulak/TJ Perkins, EVOLVE 54
    vs Mike Bailey, CZW Seventeen
    vs Timothy Thatcher, wXw 16 Carat Gold 2016
    vs Tracy Williams, EVOLVE 57
    w/ oVe vs Low Ki/Eddie Kingston/Homicide, AAW Never Say Die 2016
    vs Mil Muertes (No DQ), Lucha Underground 9/8/17
    vs Low Ki, AAW Homecoming 2017
    vs Mil Muertes vs Fenix (Grave Consequence Match), Lucha Underground 27/6/18
    vs Darby Allin, AAW Bad Times At The Blue Genie
    vs Tessa Blanchard, Impact Slammiversary 2019

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Chavez View Post

*shrug*
    I'm a Yehi fan. As for why he hasn't broken out more, unless it is an attitude problem, I'd largely put it down to both his in-ring style and his personality being very off-beat. Watching him feels like I'm watching a niche wrestler. He has great technique but he doesn't really "go big" in his matches, which is what usually gets people's attention. He wrestles like a mid-card guy rather than trying to have epic matches, and while I absolutely appreciate that, it's not what gets guys signed to big promotions. The "There's gonna be trouble" stuff feels like you have to 'get it' rather than having the personality of a Riddle or Gulak or whoever. All that said I do think it's mad how he dropped off the face of the Earth and hasn't ended up in ROH atleast.

King EC

Status

Wow. Surprised I ranked Owens lower than everyone else who put him on their list. I guess you either love the guy or couldn't care less about him.

Callihan was a very late exclusion for me. Really awesome to see him get a nice spot on here though because I'm (obviously) a very big fan of his work.

Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Yehi is awesome. He just doesn't stand out as a top 50 wrestler though. Maybe that's the lack of high profile bookings in the past year though. Haven't really watched him since the Makabe match at the Pizza Party show.
    We Don't Confrom, Kiss Ass Or Get Married
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

Your Favourite Member's Favourite Admin

Status

Never enjoyed Grimes and thought his work was always overrated. Starting to turn the corner on him a bit in NXT now though.

I like Big E more than Kofi in a vacuum, but Kofi's had a few stellar singles matches that put him top of the New Day charts for me.

Yehi is great but I think his output peaked a couple of years ago and quite honestly I don't think I watched him at all in 2019.

Black just missed the cut for me. He is someone I think got better once he came to NXT, I think they tapped into his aura and presented him as a star better than anywhere else had presented him. From mid 2017 to mania weekend 2019 I think he was great and it's scandalous that not only are the main roster not using him enough, but they've booked him like a fucking dork who just sits in a room waiting for people to knock his door so now there's a crack in his star aura.

I'll always like Kevin Owens as a personality, but I go through big spells of not enjoying the guys work. Even going through the list of recommended matches that Steve posted, there's essentially a 2 year gap between Backlash 2017 and Fastlane 2019. I think he's someone that goes stale quite quickly and his matches can get really repetitive unless a stipulation is thrown in so he's forced to work a different style match. He also runs into the problem of not having good chemistry with some wrestlers more than others. His first year on the main roster was very good though.

Sami I really really don't like, especially on the indies, BUT he has found a good home in Impact where he has the odd really good heel performance that I enjoy.

King EC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Never enjoyed Grimes and thought his work was always overrated. Starting to turn the corner on him a bit in NXT now though.

I like Big E more than Kofi in a vacuum, but Kofi's had a few stellar singles matches that put him top of the New Day charts for me.

Yehi is great but I think his output peaked a couple of years ago and quite honestly I don't think I watched him at all in 2019.

Black just missed the cut for me. He is someone I think got better once he came to NXT, I think they tapped into his aura and presented him as a star better than anywhere else had presented him. From mid 2017 to mania weekend 2019 I think he was great and it's scandalous that not only are the main roster not using him enough, but they've booked him like a fucking dork who just sits in a room waiting for people to knock his door so now there's a crack in his star aura.

I'll always like Kevin Owens as a personality, but I go through big spells of not enjoying the guys work. Even going through the list of recommended matches that Steve posted, there's essentially a 2 year gap between Backlash 2017 and Fastlane 2019. I think he's someone that goes stale quite quickly and his matches can get really repetitive unless a stipulation is thrown in so he's forced to work a different style match. He also runs into the problem of not having good chemistry with some wrestlers more than others. His first year on the main roster was very good though.

Sami I really really don't like, especially on the indies, BUT he has found a good home in Impact where he has the odd really good heel performance that I enjoy.
    You should see what Aleister been doing the last month or two. He's starting to actually resemble someone you should care about. His ongoing feud with Murphy is good shit.

Spoiler:

WAKE UP

Status

Beyonce never leaves home without him…

#55. “Hotsauce” Tracy Williams (3 votes, 64 points)

"I've been really enjoying this guy's run in EVOLVE, not someone who is seen as at the top of the grappler crew, but he is as technically proficient on the mat as any of them. He has a weird looking physique - tall but skinny and gangly looking. Him getting fired up and bringing the heat should look silly, and it often does, but I actually find it quite endearing. He can do some really weird out of place offence like a 619 or whatever, but his strikes almost always look good."
    Main promotions: EVOLVE, ROH, various US indies
    Votes: Jon Snow (#10), King Steventon (#27), indyfan (#28)
    Recommended matches:
    vs TJ Perkins, EVOLVE 50
    vs Chris Hero, EVOLVE 56
    vs Sami Callihan, EVOLVE 57
    vs Matt Riddle, WWNLive Mercury Rising 2016
    w/ Drew Gulak vs TJ Perkins/Fred Yehi, EVOLVE 60
    vs Zack Sabre Jr., EVOLVE 70
    vs Chris Hero, EVOLVE 72
    vs Keith Lee, EVOLVE 79
    vs Zack Sabre Jr., EVOLVE 95
    w/ Dominic Garrini vs WALTER/Timothy Thatcher, EVOLVE 98
    vs Keith Lee (No Holds Barred), EVOLVE 101
    vs WALTER, EVOLVE 103
    vs Eddie Kingston, AIW Hell On Earth 14

We're only here to make you...

#54. Go Shiozaki (2 votes, 65 points)

"After a tumultuous breakup he wound up in one of the worst places to go for anyone, smack dab in the middle of the absolutely dreadful Suzuki takes over NOAH run and he had good matches through 2016 and even winning the GHC Title at one point, but it wasn't until NOAH got the hell away from all that and was Reborn, that he REALLY got in his groove, although it largely came through him being a largely ancillary player in his matches, with things being more about other people (Kotoge, Kiyomiya), he has also shown an ability to step up big as the featured performer in singles matches as well. I think his past will always hold him back from being any kind of main guy or really even that interesting on his own anymore from a storyline perspective, what he has actually brought to the table has been top notch stuff as a versatile worker with heavy hitting offense and provides better selling than most of his NOAH main event peers of his generation."
    Main promotions: NOAH
    Votes: MC 16 (#13), Zero (#24)
    Recommended matches:
    vs Joe Doering, AJPW 3/1/15
    vs Kento Miyahara, AJPW 27/3/15
    w/ Kaito Kiyomiya vs Katsuhiko Nakajima/Misa Kitamiya, 29/4/18
    vs Konosuke Takeshita, DDT 30/12/18
    vs Naomichi Marufuji, 9/6/19

Yeah yeah, tear it up, rip it up...

#53. Masaaki Mochizuki (2 votes, 66 points)

"Incredible versatile with being a great striker, more than adequate on the mat, great in tags, works in small matches just as well as the big ones."
    Main promotions: Dragon Gate
    Votes: MC 16 (#3), Zero (#33)
    Recommended matches:
    vs Shingo Takagi, 1/11/15
    vs YAMATO, 18/9/17
    vs Susumu Yokosuka, 3/11/17
    vs Ryo Saito, 23/12/17
    vs Kzy, 7/1/18
    w/ Shun Skywalker vs Kotaro Suzuki/Shuji Kondo, AJPW 9/8/18
    vs Shuji Kondo, 16/1/19
    vs Shun Skywalker, 9/5/19
    vs Keisuke Okuda, 4/7/19
    vs Katsuhiko Nakajima, NOAH 18/8/19
    vs Kenou, NOAH 29/8/19
    vs Ben-K, 8/10/19

The future is now...

#52. Konosuke Takeshita (3 votes, 68 points)

"There was a time where I never use to like Takeshita but he has grown and grown into a heck of a wrestler. And at the still very young age of 24, there is so much more he can improve upon. He may be a #1 contender for WOTD next decade. But for this project, he has tons of matches that fit the bill."
    Main promotions: DDT
    Votes: Zero (#23), MC 16 (#29), The EC (#33)
    Recommended matches:
    vs Yaso Urano, 28/5/17
    vs Keisuke Ishii, 23/7/17
    vs Naomi Yoshimura, 23/7/17
    vs CIMA, 21/10/18
    vs Daisuke Sasaki, 4/4/19
    vs Meiko Satomura, 24/6/19
    vs Tetsuya Endo, 15/7/19
    vs ASUKA, 29/9/19
    vs HARASHIMA, 3/11/19

No need to worry, just bask….

#51. Keith Lee (2 votes, 72 points)

"Was one of the standout acts of mania week 2017 I thought. I just think there's too many gaps in his runs to justify a top 50 spot, but the talent is there for sure for him to be really impressing as a great wrestler in the coming years."
    Main promotions: EVOLVE, PWG, WWE
    Votes: Slick Mitch (#9), Jon Snow (#17)
    Recommended matches:
    vs Chris Hero, EVOLVE 76: A Hero's Exit
    vs Tracy Williams, EVOLVE 79
    vs WALTER, EVOLVE 96
    vs Tracy Williams (No Holds Barred), EVOLVE 101

TOP 50 starts when I'm back next week

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Sorry I missed this! Glad it went well. Can’t wait for the rest.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

WAKE UP

Status

Short angry bald white man...

#50. Oney Lorcan (6 votes, 72 points)

"He’s one of the baddest mother fuckers around. 2015 has him finally break out and killing it in Beyond and PWG before getting signed by the WWE. Then after a while he became the worlds greatest enhancement talent, becoming the king of sprints and having fun matches against Almas, Itami, McIntyre, etc. Now he’s in a super rad tag team."
    Main promotions: EVOLVE, WWE
    Votes: Ed (#25), SlickMitch (#27), Shock (#37), King Steventon (#45), Zero (#50), The EC (#50)
    Recommended matches:
    vs Mike Bailey, EVOLVE 44
    vs Timothy Thatcher, PWG Mystery Vortex III: Rock And Shock The Nation
    vs Andrew Everett, PWG Battle Of Los Angeles 2015
    w/ Trevor Lee/Andrew Everett vs Super Dragon/The Young Bucks (Guerilla Warfare), PWG Battle Of Los Angeles 2015
    vs Chris Hero, PWG Battle Of Los Angeles 2015
    w/ Danny Burch vs The Undisputed Era, NXT TakeOver: Chicago II
    w/ Danny Burch vs The Undisputed Era vs The Street Profits vs The Forgotten Sons (Ladder Match), NXT TakeOver: XXV
    vs Drew Gulak vs Akira Tozawa vs Humberto Carrillo, 205Live 22/6/19
    vs Drew Gulak, 205Live 13/8/19

Such good shit!...

#49. Jon Moxley (5 votes, 76 points)

"He does a lot of cool things, "gets" how to make a match feel chaotic and out of control, is willing to eat a bunch of shit, and is pretty charismatic."
    Main promotions: WWE, NJPW, AEW
    Votes: King Steventon (#16), The EC (#32), Jon Snow (#37), Shock (#40), SlickMitch (#50)
    Recommended matches:
    w/ Roman Reigns vs Bray Wyatt/Luke Harper, Summerslam 2015
    vs Kevin Owens (Last Man Standing), Royal Rumble 2016
    vs Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns, Fastlane 2016
    vs HHH, Roadblock: End Of The Line
    vs AJ Styles, Backlash 2016
    vs AJ Styles vs John Cena, No Mercy 2016
    vs AJ Styles (TLC Match), TLC 2016
    w/ Seth Rollins vs Cesaro/Sheamus, Summerslam 2017
    w/ Seth Rollins vs Cesaro/Sheamus, No Mercy 2017
    w/ Seth Rollins/Roman Reigns vs The New Day, Survivor Series 2017
    w/ Seth Rollins vs Dolph Ziggler/Drew McIntyre, Hell In A Cell 2018
    vs Juice Robinson, NJPW 5/6/19
    vs Tomohiro Ishii, NJPW G1 Climax 19/7/19
    vs Shingo Takagi, NJPW G1 Climax 24/7/19
    vs Juice Robinson, NJPW G1 Climax 11/8/19
    vs Kenny Omega (Un-Sanctioned Match), AEW Full Gear
    vs Darby Allin, AEW Dynamite 20/11/19

Pkew pkew pkew…

#48. Ricochet (4 votes, 78 points)

"I think my favourite thing he's done was being Prince Puma on Lucha Underground and stuff like working against Mil really helped him develop how to work against heavyweights that would be seen later on in the indies when he's working matches against Keith Lee. Unless I'm forgetting something he has probably the best match anyone has had with Rey Mysterio in recent years. I have liked him on the whole in NXT and my only complaints against him there would be more towards Triple H and the way his matches are booked. I'm higher on the Ospreay matches than a lot of people as I just see it as them working exhibition spotfests which there's nothing wrong with when both guys have proved they are more than just that."
    Main promotions: Lucha Underground, PWG, WWE
    Votes: indyfan (#3), Jon Snow (#16), Ed (#40), SlickMitch (#43)
    Recommended matches:
    vs Mil Muertes (Grave Consequences Match), Lucha Underground 27/3/16
    vs Mil Muertes (Street Fight), Lucha Underground 7/5/16
    vs Rey Mysterio, WCPW Stacked 2017
    vs Keith Lee, EVOLVE 80
    vsThe Velveteen Dream, NXT TakeOver: Chicago II
    vs Adam Cole vs EC3 vs Killian Dain vs Lars Sullivan vs The Velveteen Dream (Ladder Match), NXT TakeOver: New Orleans
    vs Adam Cole, NXT 13/2/19
    w/ Aleister Black vs The War Raiders, NXT TakeOver: New York 2019
    w/ Aleister Black vs Fabian Aichner/Marcel Barthel, NXT 16/3/19
    vs AJ Styles, RAW 24/6/19
    vs Samoa Joe, Stomping Grounds 2019

The Haley Williams of pro wrestling...

#47. Johnny Gargano (5 votes, 79 points)

"A shining example of versatile singles and tag work. He was our babyface of the year two years in a row. A laundry list of all sorts of matches in NXT. Takeovers, television, DIY. He’s without a doubt the greatest worker in NXT history. He’s really come into his own after being tamed by the WWE. I need to rewatch his indy stuff in 2015/2016 and see how that fares."
    Main promotions:
    WWE
    Votes: Ed (#22), Shock (#32), The EC (#38), SlickMitch (#38), King Steventon (#46)
    Recommended matches:
    w/ Tommaso Ciampa vs The Revival, NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II
    w/ Tommaso Ciampa vs The Revival (2/3 Falls Match), NXT TakeOver: Toronto
    w/ Tommaso Ciampa vs The Revival vs The Authors Of Pain (Elimination Match), NXT TakeOver: Orlando
    w/ Tommaso Ciampa vs The Authors Of Pain (Ladder Match), NXT TakeOver: Chicago
    vs Andrade Almas, NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III
    vs Andrade Almas, NXT TakeOver: Philedelphia
    vs Tommaso Ciampa (Un-Sanctioned Match), NXT TakeOver: New Orleans
    vs Tommaso Ciampa (Street Fight), NXT TakeOver: Chicago

King EC

Status

What are the odds that Ed would vote Gargano higher than anyone else?

Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

What's a Haley Williams? Are they too violent?
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

WAKE UP

Status

To live and die in LA...

#46. Katsuyori Shibata (4 votes, 81 points)

"While active there are obvious parrallels with Ishii - felt different to everyone else in the promotion, brought the heat and violence on a consistent basis, occasionally felt a bit stale because he worked the same match style over and over."
    Main promotions: NJPW
    Votes: Jon Snow (#3), Shock (#36), King Steventon (#37), Ed (#43)
    Recommended matches:
    vs Kazushi Sakuraba, 5/7/15
    vs Tomohiro Ishii, 11/2/16
    vs Satoshi Kojima, 19/3/16
    vs Yuji Nagata, 3/5/16
    vs Hirooki Goto, 4/1/17
    vs Kazuchika Okada, 8/4/17

He's a bad bad man...

#45. Tommaso Ciampa (4 votes, 86 points)

"It's probably not the perfect time to make a pitch for him because his stock isn't as high as it used to be, but as I'm rewatching random matches from 2015 and 2016, Ciampa crops up a lot in indies as he's doing his farewell tour and is having hard hitting, legitimate great matches on his way out of different promotions world wide. When I compare that to some of the other goodbye/you deserve it farewells I've had to endure of the years as NXT signs everyone up, Ciampa's is one of the few that sticks out as still giving his all, having great matches and trying to build up and put over his opponents before he leaves."
    Votes: The EC (#19), King Steventon (#26), SlickMitch (#35), Shock (#38)
    Recommended matches:
    vs Dasher Hatfield, Chikara 'Sword Of Destiny'
    vs Zack Sabre Jr., PROGRESS Chapter 24
    vs Zack Sabre Jr. (2/3 Falls Match), PROGRESS Chapter 36
    w/ Johnny Gargano vs The Revival, NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II
    w/ Johnny Gargano vs The Revival (2/3 Falls Match), NXT TakeOver: Toronto
    w/ Johnny Gargano vs The Revival vs The Authors Of Pain (Elimination Match), NXT TakeOver: Orlando
    w/ Johnny Gargano vs The Authors Of Pain (Ladder Match), NXT TakeOver: Chicago
    vs Johnny Gargano(Un-Sanctioned Match), NXT TakeOver: New Orleans
    vs Kassius Ohno, NXT 9/5/18
    vs Johnny Gargano (Street Fight), NXT TakeOver: Chicago
    vs Otis Dozovic, NXT 26/9/18

Thar she blows...

#44. Kairi Sane (5 votes, 92 points)

"Whether she was the Wonder of Stardom[White Belt] or World of Stardom, Kairi always gives every ounce of herself to the Match to entertain the fans. She could be the confident Champion fending off her Challengers, or she could easily show that underdog that makes me want to save her when she is always usually the smallest one in the Play Pen, but never the weakest in the Pen let me tell you that. It's a great thing being a fan of hers to see in the WWE doing so well, having a NXT Women's Title reign in her time there and now in NXT I imagine waiting for a call up unless they have a possible another Singles run for her, or maybe a Women's Tag Title run"
    Main promotions: Stardom, WWE
    Votes: Zero (#25), Jon Snow (#25), SlickMitch (#31), Ed (#34), The EC (#44)
    Recommended matches:
    vs Io Sharai, 29/3/15
    vs Mayu Iwatani, 17/5/15
    vs Meiko Satomura, 14/6/15
    vs Meiko Satomura, 26/7/15
    vs Hudson Envy, 23/9/15
    vs Io Shirari, 17/1/16
    vs Hiroyo Matsumoto, 14/6/16
    vs Pentagon Jr., Lucha Underground 30/11/16
    w/ Yoko Bito vs Kay Lee Ray/Nixon Newell, 15/1/17
    vs Jungle Kyona, 23/2/17
    vs Io Shiari, 20/3/17
    vs Mayu Iwatani, 14/5/17
    vs Shayna Baszler, NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn IV

Romeo...

#43. Pete Dunne (5 votes, 104 points)

"He’s been hot shit since at least 2016 and although there’s some insignificant matches or questionable performances here and there, he’s got a laundry list of must see matches and performances in a variety of places. He really developed into a great character and worker in Progress and is now one of the most consistent performers in under the WWE banner. His 2017 landed him a WOTY nomination and I think he still had a real quality 2018 and will have another solid year in 2019."
    Votes: The EC (#9), Shock (#25), SlickMitch (#26), indyfan (#29), Zero (#42)
    Recommended matches:
    vs Tyler Bate, WWE UK Title Tournament 15/1/17
    vs Tyler Bate, NXT TakeOver: Chicago
    vs Jack Gallagher, PROGRESS Chapter 60
    w/ Tyler Bate/Trent Seven vs WALTER/Timothy Thatcher/Axel Dieter, wXw 18th Anniversary Show
    vs Zack Gibson, NXT 18/8/18

vs Danny Burch, NXT UK 6/11/18
    vs WALTER, NXT TakeOver: New York 2019

The Flow

Status

Fuck I can’t believe I missed Shibata’s thread he would’ve been on my list for sure

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Shibata not wrestling since 2017 was ultimately what caused him to teeter off my list.

Surpises Dunne made this. The only year I really liked of his was 2017. The rest was him meandering on the BritWres indie scene or not producing enough quality.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information