Thread: Shayna Baszler

WAKE UP

Status

Shayna Baszler

The view of her has kind of turned sour because her reign got stale, but I think she's clearly been one of the best female workers of recent years. She is a true heel, and is really great at torturing her opponents and milking the moments in between for maximum effect.

I'd hold her NXT run in higher regard to the more praised run Asuka had. Her TakeOver matches against Moon, Sane and Shiari were all strong, as were the TV title defences against LeRae and Ripley.

I've watched some of her Stardom work and even at a pretty inexperienced level she looked like she picked it pretty quickly. I seem to recall her and Shirai having a really good match there before she got signed.

She won't be too high, and I think she is a very formula wrestler, but she'll probably sneak into a bottom spot for me.

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Shayna Baszler

Glad to see this nomination because I'd of just forgotten about her. I thought her first title run was great and if I was to watch her 2nd title reign matches in a vacuum I'd probably like them too, it was just too stale creatively to enjoy in the moment and god her 2 sidekicks are two of the dirt worst lackeys in the business who bring her matches down with the lame failed interference spot.

She has a shot of making the bottom end of my list.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Shayna Baszler

For ages it seemed like I was the only one championing her matches. Great series of matches with Kairi Sane from their MYC Finals match to their feud in NXT. Perfect use of both women both styles and face/heel dynamics. Her TV matches with Mia Yim (not the TakeOver match which wasn't good) and Dakota Kai were really good. And her Io matches were decent. Given she was only a two year rookie for the first two years of this time period, you can let her off for those few years not being the most hyped up.

If I didn't send my list already, she might be at the bottom of my list but that's saying she was better than the people I put there and I don't necessarily think she was

Thread Information