Thread: Impact reveals their top matches of the decade

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

Impact Wrestling Impact reveals their top matches of the decade

I know these YouTube lists and practically any lists a company makes for itself are pretty bullshitty but I thought this was a great video and a pretty damn solid list. If you don't feel like watching the video, I'll post the rankings below.

Spoiler:

10. LAX vs. Lucha Bros - Full Metal Mayhem - Rebellion 2019
    9. Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Anderson - Cage Match - Lockdown 2010
    8. Gail Kim vs. Taryn Terrell - Last Knockout Standing - Slammiversary XI
    7. Bobby Roode vs. Austin Aries - Destination X 2012
    6. Sami Callihan vs. Tessa Blanchard - Slammiversary XVII
    5. Sami Callihan vs. Pentagon Jr. - Mask vs. Hair - Slammiversary XVI
    4. The Hardys vs. Team 3D vs. The Wolves - Full Metal Mayhem - Impact Wrestling October 8, 2014
    3. Motor City Machine Guns vs. Beer Money Inc. - 2-of-3 Falls Match - TNA Impact! August 12, 2010
    2. AJ Styles vs. Kurt Angle - TNA Impact! January 4, 2010
    1. Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy - Ultimate Deletion - Impact Wrestling July 5, 2016

Obviously, one hell of a pick for the top spot. I kinda can't argue with it simply for the crazy amount of buzz it helped generate but quite a few of the matches ranked below it are miles ahead of it in terms of the actual wrestling.

Also interesting that the top four matches were all TV.

Anyone have any thoughts on this list? Agree or disagree? Any snubs?
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Impact reveals their top matches of the decade

I think there's some pretty big omissions here and they are only big because Impact had few very legit great matches in the last decade so there was hardly a lot to choose from. I'm not sure how LAX Vs OGz from last summer isn't on this list when it was one of the greatest things Impact had done in years. Before that match happened, I thought the last great Impact match was all the way back in 2015 when EC3 faced Rockstar Spud in a hair Vs hair match which overdelivered and then some, that should be on here too.

Speaking of overdelivering, that Gail Kim Vs Terrell last woman standing match was shocking for how good it was. Just remembering how Impact were doing the dollhouse gimmick at the same time the horsewomen were having their great 2015 takeover matches and feuds

King EC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I think there's some pretty big omissions here and they are only big because Impact had few very legit great matches in the last decade so there was hardly a lot to choose from. I'm not sure how LAX Vs OGz from last summer isn't on this list when it was one of the greatest things Impact had done in years. Before that match happened, I thought the last great Impact match was all the way back in 2015 when EC3 faced Rockstar Spud in a hair Vs hair match which overdelivered and then some, that should be on here too.

Speaking of overdelivering, that Gail Kim Vs Terrell last woman standing match was shocking for how good it was. Just remembering how Impact were doing the dollhouse gimmick at the same time the horsewomen were having their great 2015 takeover matches and feuds
    Oh man, you're right. That LAX vs. OGz match was dope. Another recent one that came to mind was the fourway Knockouts Monster's Ball match at Slammiversary this year. I would definitely argue it was as good as, or better than Gail Kim vs. Taryn Terrell. I also feel like they put Styles vs. Angle too high. In fairness, I haven't seen the match in forever. But I HAVE seen it, and it's the only match on this list that I really don't remember. Going off that alone, I feel it must be overrated and I suspect they probably only put it so high because it was the ushering in of the Hogan/Bischoff/Flair era.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Bully Ray should be on there at least once as well, if not for his incredible sports entertainment match with Joseph Park, then at least for his one with Austin Aries.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

The Flow

Status

Wait you mean to tell me that one of the best matches of all time Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett from Lockdown 2011 isn’t on this list?! Say it isn’t so!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang
    [06:01 PM]Dakstang
    :
    Yeah I guess you are right. And I only want to be Daddy to my own kids. Sorry.

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Bully Ray should be on there at least once as well, if not for his incredible sports entertainment match with Joseph Park, then at least for his one with Austin Aries.
    Ah come to think of it, Bully Ray and AJ had that great LMS match together too this past decade.

Don’t make me Chang this

Status
      Country                    UK

Sting and Jeff Hardy were robbed.

I agree that the LAX vs OGz match should have been on there, as I preferred that to the Full Metal Mayhem against the Lucha Bros.

Im absolutely fine with Final Deletion being top; it’s what got the most eyes on Impact in the decade and was a great storyline. Unfortunately it seems to have spawned the Undead Realm. They can’t all be winners, I suppose.

King EC

Status

James Storm vs. Robert Roode at Bound For Glory 2012 was also robbed. I'd say it was better than Roode vs. Aries at Destination X, despite how big of a moment Aries winning the title was. I would put it over about half the list actually. A fucking brutal match up.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Ah come to think of it, Bully Ray and AJ had that great LMS match together too this past decade.
    I'd have to go back and watch it to be sure, but I remember hating the ending.

I'd also argue that the first Roode/Storm match, which aired on Impact, where Roode turns and wins the belt, should be in contention for this.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Thread Information