MJF - 6
    Baron Corbin - 5
    Sami Callihan - 3
    Daniel Bryan - 2

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Re: 2019 WC Wrestling Awards - Heel of the Year

I feel like as great as Jericho has been, he's actually a terrible heel because he's fallen into that trap of trying to be the coolest guy in the room, and fishing for pops and cheers. He's not really that heelish outside of a few few things he's booked to do.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I was worried Jericho was falling into that trap, but I’ve noticed more lately that he goes far in trying to be cool that it goes back round to being annoying again and he seems to be in the right “love to boo” area of heat, instead of being a Corbin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Status
      Country                    United States

Corbin getting more votes than Bryan is a fucking joke.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Pathetically Recapping Wrestling's Most Famous Garbage
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

WC Hall of Famer

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    I feel like as great as Jericho has been, he's actually a terrible heel because he's fallen into that trap of trying to be the coolest guy in the room, and fishing for pops and cheers. He's not really that heelish outside of a few few things he's booked to do.
    I don't know, he craps on fans and all their dumb in-jokes quite regularly. He doesn't play to being a cool heel. Plus his main two rivals have been Cody and Moxley who are definitely cooler and more popular as babyfaces than him. I'm not sure what else you'd want him to do to garner heat?

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Jericho actively hurts my investment in AEW at times. He occasional has gold like the Cody parody but I'm rarely into his matches or promos, I'm generally not into that style of promo anyway. At least he doesn't have his swearing gimmick any more. I can be grateful for that.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Corbin getting more votes than Bryan is a fucking joke.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    The timing has done Bryan. November 2018-April 2019 he's the best heel on the planet, but then it gets iffy with the bad Roman angle and now he's turned babyface again.

Baron Corbin is an abysmal heel because no-one would pay to see him get his ass kicked, it's just endless cheap WWE heat with no build towards anything the viewer is interested in. Chris Jericho makes you want to see Darby or Jungle Boy or Scorpio Sky or Cody get the better of him and shut him up, that's why he got my vote, and my money for All Out.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I personally think Corbin plays the obnoxious, delusional blowhard heel well, he gets legit heat and I think the fans do want to see him get his comeuppance.

Corbin got my vote but Jericho, MJF, and Bryan were up there for me too.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    The timing has done Bryan. November 2018-April 2019 he's the best heel on the planet, but then it gets iffy with the bad Roman angle and now he's turned babyface again.

Baron Corbin is an abysmal heel because no-one would pay to see him get his ass kicked, it's just endless cheap WWE heat with no build towards anything the viewer is interested in. Chris Jericho makes you want to see Darby or Jungle Boy or Scorpio Sky or Cody get the better of him and shut him up, that's why he got my vote, and my money for All Out.
    I would and I imgine alot of others would too lol. DB Jericho type are the cool heels Corbin is a actual heel.

I think I voted Callihan but I forget.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

King EC

Status

Well here's a case for Callihan: he's legitimately hated by fans AND he makes people want to watch his show.

But anyways, Jericho is a great winner. Really anyone could have won this one and I wouldn't have complained.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    I would and I imgine alot of others would too lol. DB Jericho type are the cool heels Corbin is a actual heel.
    a lot of others? Is this why WWE has such great ratings while they push Corbin as their top heel?

Like I said six months ago, what’s the great Corbin feud or promo? If he was the best heel in the world, there would be something more memorable about him and his booking.

Fearless University

Status

I stillove how someone Baron Corbin is the one and only person you can blame the ratings on. Nevermind the fact the guy loses endlessly. Ignore the fact Styles, Rollins, Bryan, Fiend have all been above Corbin, blame the ratings entirely on Baron. At what point do we just admit Rollins, Styles, etc aren't draws either?

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Well here's a case for Callihan: he's legitimately hated by fans AND he makes people want to watch his show.

But anyways, Jericho is a great winner. Really anyone could have won this one and I wouldn't have complained.
    I feel like Sami is the only one who does this. He's hated and people tune in to see him get his comeuppance. Jericho is too cool, people automatically loathe Corbin no matter what he does. Sami gets hate just off his heel work.
    Last edited by ETE; 12-31-2019 at 04:58 AM.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

If you’re gonna reply, take the time to read what I actually said.

i didn’t say corbin’s entirely to blame for bad ratings, and I don’t remember bringing up Styles and Rollins as draws or even suggested they’ve had good years (Seth was a worst wrestler candidate for me). I questioned that if OMB thinks there’s a lot of people interested in what Baron Corbin does, where are they because it’s not reflected in ratings. In fact I’m not sure it’s reflected by any metric.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

It’s reflected in the heat. Have you thought about the heat?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Fearless University

Status

If you’re gonna reply, take the time to read what I actually said.

i didn’t say corbin’s entirely to blame for bad ratings, and I don’t remember bringing up Styles and Rollins as draws or even suggested they’ve had good years (Seth was a worst wrestler candidate for me). I questioned that if OMB thinks there’s a lot of people interested in what Baron Corbin does, where are they because it’s not reflected in ratings. In fact I’m not sure it’s reflected by any metric.
    I just have an issue with how quick people are to always bring up ratings with Corbin, and pin them on him. Why don't people do the same when discussing Rollins considering he was on top for some record low ratings? Or Styles who did worse numbers as Champ than Jinder did? Bring up Corbin and there's always someone quick to pin the ratings on him. I mean Daniel Bryan did some universally respected heel work but he wasn't making people tune in either, so therefor can we say Bryan failed as a heel? The whole drawing argument is moot at this point anyway, no one draws at all, no one stops people tuning out...well except wrestlecrap like the "look at what a slut Lana is" angle #2364.

And the big thing with Corbin is outside of winning KOTR and some overbooked wins over Reigns recently what else has he done really? Jobbed to The Shield a bunch of times on Moxleys way out, jobbed to Rollins a bunch more times. Its not like he's been positioned as anything special, just another jobber heel type that the WWE loves thesedays.

Hail To The King

Status

a lot of others? Is this why WWE has such great ratings while they push Corbin as their top heel?

Like I said six months ago, what’s the great Corbin feud or promo? If he was the best heel in the world, there would be something more memorable about him and his booking.
    Considering I picked Callihan its all mute. Corbin had good matches all of KOTR and had a nice feud with Gable like ETE said everyone quick to blame Corbin.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Thread Information