Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WC’s Favourite Video Games of the 2010’s!

Cardcaptor

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WC’s Favourite Video Games of the 2010’s!

Shadow Warrior was a solid enough reboot, I'd say.

But I was hoping more at the time (still am) for a Redneck Rampage reboot, if any build engine FPS got remade. :P
    Everything will surely be alright.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Jurassic World evolution had its flaws but I had so much fun when I played it. I've yet to go back and do any of the DLC Missions. I did manage to get the platinum for it though. Glad to see Firewatch get a bit of love here.

Jobber

Status
      Country                    Scotland

If you want a good dose of nostalgia, play the Return to Jurassic Park DLC.

God's Gift to God

Status

Considered Gears 3 as it was really the best entry in the franchise. Gears 4 had terrible multiplayer and a nonsensical campaign whereas I had to stop playing 5 because of bugs in the campaign and haven't revisited yet. Gears 3 had co-op campaign, a fairly stable and fun multiplayer environment and really felt like a good ending to a "trilogy."

Jobber

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    Haven't played any of those except Destiny which didn't impress me that much.

If you like Old School Castlevania you will like Bloodstained Curse of the Moon it's like a spiritual successor

Status

Silk Rundown

A Hat In Time: Yooka-Laylee was supposed to rez the 3D platformer this decade but this is the real belle of the ball. Inspired movement mechanics and big open worlds give this one real big Mario vibes and this should be a must-play for fans of Mario 64 (IE, everyone?)

Battleblock Theater: My pick. The best indie platformer of the decade. Funny as hell, tight controls, amazing level design, and a creator to make your own when you're done! This game is like two bucks on every Steam sale now and definitely should be looked into.

Curse of the Moon: A splendid tribute to Castlevania games of old without the bullshit that most old games make you endure. I preferred Ritual of the Night as a fan of the Metroidvania style games, but this one rocks.

Destiny: Close to my list. Once Taken King came out this became an insanely addictive good time with a lot of stuff to do to incentivize daily logins. The sequel is a great time now, and is free-to-play, highly recommend.

Gears of War 3: Fine enough but I preferred the first two. Haven't played the series since, but if you like cover-based shooters and over-the-top action movie storytelling, you can't go wrong with this trilogy.

Pokemon Conquest: Actually never played it but need to seek out a copy. Thanks for reminding me of this one, Shock.

Stick of Truth: South Park level writing in an RPG video game is worth noting on its own. The gameplay isn't quite good enough to stand as a unique RPG on its own but if you love the show the storytelling is more than enough to take a flyer on this one.

Haven't played the rest.
    Last edited by Silk; 01-13-2020 at 04:04 PM.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

WC Hall of Famer

Hail To The King

Status

FireWatch is great almost made my list South Park was fun too.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

God's Gift to God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Silk Rundown

A Hat In Time: Yooka-Laylee was supposed to rez the 3D platformer this decade but this is the real belle of the ball. Inspired movement mechanics and big open worlds give this one real big Mario vibes and this should be a must-play for fans of Mario 64 (IE, everyone?)

Battleblock Theater: My pick. The best indie platformer of the decade. Funny as hell, tight controls, amazing level design, and a creator to make your own when you're done! This game is like two bucks on every Steam sale now and definitely should be looked into.

Curse of the Moon: A splendid tribute to Castlevania games of old without the bullshit that most old games make you endure. I preferred Ritual of the Night as a fan of the Metroidvania style games, but this one rocks.

Destiny: Close to my list. Once Taken King came out this became an insanely addictive good time with a lot of stuff to do to incentivize daily logins. The sequel is a great time now, and is free-to-play, highly recommend.

Gears of War 3: Fine enough but I preferred the first two. Haven't played the series since, but if you like cover-based shooters and over-the-top action movie storytelling, you can't go wrong with this trilogy.

Pokemon Conquest: Actually never played it but need to seek out a copy. Thanks for reminding me of this one, Shock.

Stick of Truth: South Park level writing in an RPG video game is worth noting on its own. The gameplay isn't quite good enough to stand as a unique RPG on its own but if you love the show the storytelling is more than enough to take a flyer on this one.

Haven't played the rest.
    play firewatch you communist

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    play firewatch you communist
    Only cause you asked so nice.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

WC Hall of Famer

God's Gift to God

Status

honestly it's not a very long game and can probably be blasted out in one sitting and its so fucking good

I regret nothing

Status
      Country                    UK

Thanks to everyone who commented on the first batch of games, the second batch with all of the 20 pointers is below!

=.85 Black Desert
    20 Points
    (Sakura #9)
    2440C67D-1A8B-4FEB-86A3-730A0BEFD055.jpg

=.85 Destiny 2
    20 Points
    (Renji #9)
    60D1CE2F-EE0C-4FB2-B2E7-478806716A0F.jpg

=.85 Fortnite
    20 Points
    (Ms-Flock #9)
    C5F3C937-A06A-400C-A346-188FDD57A211.png

=.85 Hitman 2
    20 Points
    (Baldwin #9)
    86F40C8E-BDA1-446D-86A7-1D0BBAB5A273.jpg

=.85 Megaman Legacy Collection
    20 Points
    (indyfan #9)
    D3093C90-4AD0-4C54-A168-86BB7F20D786.jpg

=.85 The Isle
    20 Points
    (C3K #9)
    865B06AE-BA8E-437A-831D-700B7C54D282.jpg

=.85 The Wolf Among Us
    20 Points
    (Postman Dave #9)
    B403AF0B-44D0-44F1-865F-F73C971D20F2.jpg

=.85 Wandersong
    20 Points
    (Smooth Jazz Wolf #9)
    608EC246-E90B-4F4F-BC24-8342E93ACB1E.jpg

Another very diverse list here, for all of the games finishing up in joint 85th. I’ve not played the majority of these, and not even heard of a couple. The Megaman games were fun to play again for me when they were all brought out again. It does please me to an extent that Fortnite got just the one vote (not that I hold anything against Ms-Flock for voting for it!). I did give it a go once, it just wasn’t for me. I prefer PUBG… just not enough to put it on my own list.

Discuss away how wrong and unqualified to do this I am.

Vote for WC’s Favourite Video Game of the 2010’s!
    CLICK HERE FOR THE COUNTDOWN!

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

Black Desert/Destiny 2/Fortnite: Tried them all. Couldn't get into any of them really. Destiny 2 was hurt by my having played Division 2 + MHW beforehand so I wasnt really into another looter shooter grind in a dull ass world. Black Desert is a fine looking MMO that didnt hook me, but no MMO has. Couldnt buy into the building element of Fortnite. Just came across silly. Plus I'm just bad

Hitman 2: Would love to play one day if it goes on gamepass. Watched a lot of gameplay of it.

The Wolf Among Us: Played episode 1 I think but never finished the rest of the series. Would love to one day.

Havent played the rest.

I regret nothing

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Chavez View Post
    Black Desert/Destiny 2/Fortnite: Tried them all. Couldn't get into any of them really. Destiny 2 was hurt by my having played Division 2 + MHW beforehand so I wasnt really into another looter shooter grind in a dull ass world. Black Desert is a fine looking MMO that didnt hook me, but no MMO has. Couldnt buy into the building element of Fortnite. Just came across silly. Plus I'm just bad

Hitman 2: Would love to play one day if it goes on gamepass. Watched a lot of gameplay of it.

The Wolf Among Us: Played episode 1 I think but never finished the rest of the series. Would love to one day.

Havent played the rest.
    My feelings towards Fortnite are based solely for how bad at it I was and how I kept getting killed and how angry it made me

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Man View Post
    My feelings towards Fortnite are based solely for how bad at it I was and how I kept getting killed and how angry it made me
    I dig the battle royal concept but only other one I've played was Apex Legends. Dug that way more. The building part of Fortnite is awful to me. It requires skill for sure, and I won't denounce those good at the game, but it's not the sort of thing I care about getting better at. TBH, the original concept for Fortnite (whatever they're calling the version no one plays) always came across way more interesting to me than the BR one that blew up.

Cardcaptor

Status

Fortnite is fun enough for what it is, but not for me.

When it comes to online shooting games, I'm much more into oldschool arena style shooters like Quake/Unreal/etc, or CS. But I can get why people like it.

Black Desert is beautiful and deep enough to get a vote, and I do like it a lot. But it's absolutely pay to win, so that kind of sucks.

I regret nothing

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Chavez View Post
    I dig the battle royal concept but only other one I've played was Apex Legends. Dug that way more. The building part of Fortnite is awful to me. It requires skill for sure, and I won't denounce those good at the game, but it's not the sort of thing I care about getting better at. TBH, the original concept for Fortnite (whatever they're calling the version no one plays) always came across way more interesting to me than the BR one that blew up.
    I have played a decent amount of PUBG and I really enjoy it and the battle royal concept. It was actually a misstep today mine not to give it a bit of love in my list.

As you mentioned above, I do just find Fortnite to be a bit silly. And I’m supposed to really, as I’m a man in my mid-twenties and the game is marketed towards children and teenagers. Which is why I can completely understand why it’s so successful. I imagine in 10-12 years when my son is in that age bracket he’ll probably be into whatever comparable game is out there and I likely just won’t see the appeal as I’ll be even further away from the target audience.

[Speak Like A Child]

Status
      Country                    England

Hitman 2 was real good, never quite finished it though. TWAU wasn't quite as good as the previous TellTale game, but had some great characters and a good story.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

People's Champion

Status

Mega Man games are the greatest platformers ever. They ruled in the 80s and 90s...they rule now.

i dont play PVP games. Yeah... Fornite is for kids buttheres nothing wrong with that.

I imagine Hitman 2 is good. i find stealth games too slow for my liking. i used to have the original Hitman 2 and i couldn't finish it.
    Last edited by indyfan; 01-14-2020 at 10:18 AM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Cardcaptor

Status

I think I only played the first 2 Hitman games on PS2, but I might have played more.

Stealth games are usually fun for me. I loved Thief and it's sequel back in the days, as well as all the Tenchu, MGS, and Splinter Cell games. So I'd probably like it.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    I think I only played the first 2 Hitman games on PS2, but I might have played more.

Stealth games are usually fun for me. I loved Thief and it's sequel back in the days, as well as all the Tenchu, MGS, and Splinter Cell games. So I'd probably like it.
    i wanted to love the original Splinter Cell series so bad back in the day. i always made to much noise. lol

i prefer stealth games that give me the choice to go all action or not. like Deus Ex
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information