Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PROMO DISCUSSION THREAD FIGHT NIGHT 12/30/19

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: PROMO DISCUSSION THREAD FIGHT NIGHT 12/30/19

shit well if I knew that I wouldn't of sent in my Knox promo....

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    ​Brayden Bridges

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Thursday.

Jobber

Status

So, after a few days of not looking at this part of the forum (at all), I came back, started reading some of the promos, and concluded, I ain't in Kansas anymore.

I'll try and read through these beasts sometime tomorrow when I'm up. Unreal.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

Enjoyed what I've read so far, but difficult to pick everyone's stories up three years down the line! Particularly liked Truth and Gabrielle. Looking forward to seing how the Captain develops. Crazy how different a character Cromwell is to Connelly and the Connors. I love how far Sullivan's arc has developed, too.

Looking forward to the show. If you guys need any help match writing let me know.

Sent from my I4213 using Tapatalk

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

The Elite: I'm really enjoying the continual character depth you have here with these two. The flashbacks the really establish them as being more than just a pair of Wrestlers. Scenes that show emotion, and give hints as to how valuable they are too each other in the Pro Wrestling world. Little things like them having moments/experiences where the other person would have come in handy. I also quite like how they still brandish the CWA Tag Team Titles, its another element of depth to them, a constant reminder of their history and how good they are.

There were a few spelling mistakes here and there though. And I would like to see the introduction of some colour or just bold to break up the text a bit. Something to differentiate between speech and actions visually.

The Wave: I wasn't a big fan of this to be blunt. The line of "never heard of em" in reference to the New Breed. I know the intent can be to display arrogance in the characters but its silly to dismiss them like that. It'd be like a new tag team rocking up in WWE and acting like they've never heard of The Uso's.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Sorry everyone, I only got half an RP for Parr done. Just in the airport now heading back after Christmas break, bad time of year and just didn't get the free time to finish a promo between visiting friends family etc.

Status

The Elite: I was really thrown off on this one by the lack of formatting. It just felt really neglected and plain. It's incredible what a little bit of color or bolding does for a promo. Content wise this wasn't bad, but formatting can't be neglected. Good presentation doesn't exactly help a promo stand out positively, but bad presentation can make a good promo stand out negatively.

Young Gunz

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sully
    The Elite: I was really thrown off on this one by the lack of formatting. It just felt really neglected and plain. It's incredible what a little bit of color or bolding does for a promo. Content wise this wasn't bad, but formatting can't be neglected. Good presentation doesn't exactly help a promo stand out positively, but bad presentation can make a good promo stand out negatively.
    Quote Originally Posted by ETE
    The Elite: I'm really enjoying the continual character depth you have here with these two. The flashbacks the really establish them as being more than just a pair of Wrestlers. Scenes that show emotion, and give hints as to how valuable they are too each other in the Pro Wrestling world. Little things like them having moments/experiences where the other person would have come in handy. I also quite like how they still brandish the CWA Tag Team Titles, its another element of depth to them, a constant reminder of their history and how good they are.

There were a few spelling mistakes here and there though. And I would like to see the introduction of some colour or just bold to break up the text a bit. Something to differentiate between speech and actions visually.
    Definitely appreciate the feedback from y'all. Posting your promos/RP in an open thread is something I've always liked and wanted in CWA, but I understand the reasoning for not doing it.

I keep waiting until the zero hour to write my promos and that impacts my ability to get it formatted the way that I truly want it to be presented. I meant to go in and edit it with proper formatting but I got lazy lol

I'll be providing some of my thoughts/reviews a little later today.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

My first day off in 10 days is tomorrow so I will be working feverishly on my matches and stuff tonight and tomorrow. Expect show up sometime tomorrow or Thursday.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

If anyone is able to take a match or so, that would also make things go faster. Thanks everyone.

The Maniacal Martyr

Status

I know I have been here for a short amount of time but if you haven't had all matches done I could do one.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

Similarly I know I've only just returned and aren't even on the card but I'm happy to take a match. I only have some time now or the same time tomorrow, though.

Young Gunz

Status

Sullivan
    I loved the concept of the regicide trial. It was unique because we've had so many "Kings" in professional wrestling but I've never seen or heard of anything like this happening before. Having the "Kings" of other sports acting as the judges was great idea. The only gripe that I had with the judges was...well Muhammed Ali is dead. And with his failing mental capacity during the later half of his life, I doubt he could act as the supreme judge...also, Mayweather would have been a better modern choice for the King of boxing lol
    But besides that, I thought the defense as to why he should remain King was strong. He had solid points, managed to drag his opponents (enemies of the crown), and still was able to give off that heel arrogance that is needed from someone calling themselves the king.

KRASH
    You know me, always trying to get Krash to turn heel (it's a recurring pattern when I'm head booker for feds he's in. Idk why lol). I've missed reading through your work and I'll say that you did not disappoint. The Christmas Carol concept was good and you do such a great job with imagery and really getting me invested in everything going on in your RP's. I just would like to see a tad more edge from Krash. We're getting there.

Gabrielle
    At first I was confused with the whole Alice in Wonderland theme that you were going with in the RP and then I checked who your opponents were and it made sense. I'm not mad at it, because it worked. I do think you could have put a little more focus on your opponents and less on Cyrus. I get that he's the focus obsession and reason why Gabrielle is unraveling, but slowly build to it by weaving the elements throughout and not making it the sole focus.

Cyrus Truth
    Were you going for an 1800's vibe with this RP? I was thrown when you said 20th century garbs because I was like "that's the 1900's" so I was confused for a second but I kept going and I'm glad I did. I LOVED Cyrus calling out the stripping of the X-Division title and I LOVED that he gave options as to how things could have gone down with removing the belt from Sullivan. It added an element of realism and help establish him as different from everyone else that focuses only on them and their feud. I also enjoyed that you came right out and said why you weren't concerned with the Clan because they and the tag-team division aren't relevant. You actually gave me inspiration for my next RP, so thanks for that. Also, I Stan the fact that Gabrielle is basically unravelling over Cyrus and she's basically a non-factor to him lol

Kevin Cromwell
    I love that little journal entry at hte beginning. It read so well and was realistic. I really liked the way you started this promo. It seemed reminiscent of a segment that would be featured in the UFC Countdown series. I wish it would have kept that vibe instead of becoming a traditional wrestling promo. Now, don't get me wrong, the promo was good and had emotion and showed the history and brewing hat that Cromwell has for Sullivan, but I would have liked it to keep the UFC vibe. I'm interested in the match what could happen if Cromwell wins or loses. Where does this put him for Back in Business? I need answers! Lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information