Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dwarf Mafia - Who The Smeg Wins?

I regret nothing

Status
      Country                    UK

Re: Red Dwarf Mafia - Who The Smeg Wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Had my train ride with no internet access to really think about things. Here's where I stand, and I'm comfortable moving forward with this:

Town
    Shake - I have to think he's the town leader at this point. If his role is that important to town, then I know who he is. Since no one else has suggested something so beneficial to town, I'm inclined to believe him.
    Wang - I trust he's town for reasons.
    RED - Either town vig or indy, either way counts in our numbers.
    Wolf Beast - hasn't claimed anything, but has played a town game. Trying to actively solve the game and hasn't steered town into any wrong decisions, to the best of my memory.
    Shawn - I can't prove I'm town until I flip, but I am town.

The Rest
    Jimmy - Claimed Death Proof. Can't see him and Man having the same alignment.
    OMB - I know he had a lot of shit go on the last two days IRL, but he's been inactive and avoided answering questions or giving detail. Either mafia or not paying attention.
    Fuji - Claimed Vanilla, iirc. Very slight town lean.
    Man - Claimed lynchproof (basically). I want to trust him, and idk why, but the longer this game goes, the less I do trust him. Can't see him and Jimmy having the same alignment.

Gun to my head, one of Jimmy/Man is mafia, and one of Fuji/OMB is mafia.
    As just stated, if it comes down to me or Jimmy as mafia for you then it’s Jimmy, mate. I haven’t claimed a lynchproof, I’ve said I can stop a lynch which does not even mean that I can only save myself. You could all try to lynch someone who I didn’t think was mafia and I could stop it. Also, if a lynch on me is rushed whilst I’m not around then I’m dead. There is nothing in the role or follow up messages with Baldrick that suggests I can stop a lynch once it’s been met as the day will have ended when lynch was met. So suggesting I am lynchproof in any way is inaccurate. So if it’s on that basis, just because of our claims, that you don’t believe we can be on the same team with the roles we have claimed then I’ll reinforce that I’m not the way to go on that.

Also, your comments on Shake make absolutely no sense to me. He might be the town leader, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he was, but he’s just said he has something beneficial to town and not what it actually is. So how do you know it’s so beneficial to town? This is assuming I’ve missed a crucial piece of information from Shake. My role is beneficial to town, as I can prevent a town player from getting lynched, whether that is me or another player that could be town. I could be a leader for town based solely on that logic.

If Shake is town, the person with the claim closest to his is Jimmy, based on the information Shake has given away.

The more OMB posts the more suspicious of him I am. He’s starting to get defensive and keeps mentioning that I’m going after him, which I’m really not. It’s just I can’t seem to mention the guy’s name without him thinking that I’m trying to string him up. I want to believe he is town, but aside from casting aspersions on Sully, he hasn’t done much to help us. Even then, as I’ve already mentioned, he gave a pitiful reason for why he felt like that and Shake had already brought it up anyway so it’s not like he was the first to think that about Sully.

I agree with you on Wang.

Vote for WC’s Favourite Video Game of the 2010’s!
    CLICK HERE FOR THE COUNTDOWN!

New Year, Who Dis?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Man View Post
    As just stated, if it comes down to me or Jimmy as mafia for you then it’s Jimmy, mate. I haven’t claimed a lynchproof, I’ve said I can stop a lynch which does not even mean that I can only save myself. You could all try to lynch someone who I didn’t think was mafia and I could stop it. Also, if a lynch on me is rushed whilst I’m not around then I’m dead. There is nothing in the role or follow up messages with Baldrick that suggests I can stop a lynch once it’s been met as the day will have ended when lynch was met. So suggesting I am lynchproof in any way is inaccurate. So if it’s on that basis, just because of our claims, that you don’t believe we can be on the same team with the roles we have claimed then I’ll reinforce that I’m not the way to go on that.

Also, your comments on Shake make absolutely no sense to me. He might be the town leader, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he was, but he’s just said he has something beneficial to town and not what it actually is. So how do you know it’s so beneficial to town? This is assuming I’ve missed a crucial piece of information from Shake. My role is beneficial to town, as I can prevent a town player from getting lynched, whether that is me or another player that could be town. I could be a leader for town based solely on that logic.

If Shake is town, the person with the claim closest to his is Jimmy, based on the information Shake has given away.

The more OMB posts the more suspicious of him I am. He’s starting to get defensive and keeps mentioning that I’m going after him, which I’m really not. It’s just I can’t seem to mention the guy’s name without him thinking that I’m trying to string him up. I want to believe he is town, but aside from casting aspersions on Sully, he hasn’t done much to help us. Even then, as I’ve already mentioned, he gave a pitiful reason for why he felt like that and Shake had already brought it up anyway so it’s not like he was the first to think that about Sully.

I agree with you on Wang.
    Tbf I said "basically" a lynchproof. Meaning that you could stop a lynch on yourself (or someone else, sure) and live to see another day. I know it's not a straight lynchproof, but that would be the best way to use it, IMO (unless someone obv town was getting trained).

This is how Shake plays. He never gives everything until he absolutely has to, no matter his alignment - so that doesn't set off flags for me. My assumption is based on the Dexter game. I was Dexter - the main character - and was super OP and couldn't die unless all other town were dead. I have no idea what Shake's role is, or if he's even being truthful, and I ALSO know nothing about the show, but if there's like a "main character" then I could see them being as important as Dexter, and thus OP. I DO think that if Shake gave us more information now, we could narrow this down a little more... but I'm hesitant to push him into a claim. If he's alive tomorrow, I'd likely push for a claim.

Yeah I'm super sussy on OMB. Especially his last comment of basically "when was the last time I was even mafia on here lol?" Feel like he's pushing the "you guys always say this and I always flip town" narrative a little too hard.
    "This reminds me of Santa's workshop, except it smells like mushrooms, and everyone looks like they wanna hurt me!"

I regret nothing

Status

Tbf I said "basically" a lynchproof. Meaning that you could stop a lynch on yourself (or someone else, sure) and live to see another day. I know it's not a straight lynchproof, but that would be the best way to use it, IMO (unless someone obv town was getting trained).

This is how Shake plays. He never gives everything until he absolutely has to, no matter his alignment - so that doesn't set off flags for me. My assumption is based on the Dexter game. I was Dexter - the main character - and was super OP and couldn't die unless all other town were dead. I have no idea what Shake's role is, or if he's even being truthful, and I ALSO know nothing about the show, but if there's like a "main character" then I could see them being as important as Dexter, and thus OP. I DO think that if Shake gave us more information now, we could narrow this down a little more... but I'm hesitant to push him into a claim. If he's alive tomorrow, I'd likely push for a claim.

Yeah I'm super sussy on OMB. Especially his last comment of basically "when was the last time I was even mafia on here lol?" Feel like he's pushing the "you guys always say this and I always flip town" narrative a little too hard.
    I know what you meant by the comment, but I’m not safe from a lynch if I miss it whilst I’m asleep or working, so it isn’t as sure fire as I think your post was making it out to be. That, and I can still be killed at night by mafia. Whereas Jimmy has said he will be guaranteed to survive the first attempt on him by any means. That’s a lot more clear cut and closer in my opinion to what we already can infer about Shake from his role.

My point wasn’t about that he hadn’t given anything away, more so you seemed so sure he was town, despite him not giving anything away. I’ll agree that he has been getting involved and asking questions of people which is obviously a good thing to be doing.

So you think there’s a chance Sully sacrificed himself to make us trust OMB? How easy he went down is one of the biggest question marks of this game so far for me.

I regret nothing

Status

Anyway, back to the grindstone for me. I should hopefully be able to find a bit of time before the end of the day phase to come back.

For the record I have OMB and Jimmy as targets at the moment.

New Year, Who Dis?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Man View Post
    I know what you meant by the comment, but I’m not safe from a lynch if I miss it whilst I’m asleep or working, so it isn’t as sure fire as I think your post was making it out to be. That, and I can still be killed at night by mafia. Whereas Jimmy has said he will be guaranteed to survive the first attempt on him by any means. That’s a lot more clear cut and closer in my opinion to what we already can infer about Shake from his role.

My point wasn’t about that he hadn’t given anything away, more so you seemed so sure he was town, despite him not giving anything away. I’ll agree that he has been getting involved and asking questions of people which is obviously a good thing to be doing.

So you think there’s a chance Sully sacrificed himself to make us trust OMB? How easy he went down is one of the biggest question marks of this game so far for me.
    Disclaimer: I may be reaching

The last time I recall OMB being Mafia was when he was Mafia with Sully and Sayer, and they worked out a play where Sayer claimed an investigation and outed OMB as mafia to gain trust as Town. Town sniffed it out, but wasted time lynching Sayer (who couldn't be lynched until all other mafia were lynched) and Mafia ultimately won. I can't imagine they would try something similar here, but could I see OMB and Sully being mafia together this game, and deciding to distance themselves immediately? Sure.

Further, Sully and OMB are ALWAYS at odds in these games. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the first comments Sully made in the chatzy was "ok OMB, we have to argue in the thread so no one thinks anything is up." OMB and Sully having NO back and forth would be a dead giveaway that they were both scum (or I guess town and in communication? but since Sully was maf, thats out of the question). So OMB calls Sully out, then Broc outs Sully. OMB is immediately trusted since he was on Sully early, when they had no idea Broc would catch Sully.

So to answer your question, I don't think Sully sacrificed himself, but I think the time of everything could have given OMB a convenient way to slide under the radar and be trusted.
    "This reminds me of Santa's workshop, except it smells like mushrooms, and everyone looks like they wanna hurt me!"

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Well, I'm going to be busy for the next several hours and don't want to miss the voting window this time, so...

Official Vote: OMB

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Vote Count

Jimmy King - 1 (RED)
    OMB - 1 (Fuji)

5 Hours Remaining.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

I love how this is going back at me but no one dares to wuestion why others are quiet its bs.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    I love how this is going back at me but no one dares to wuestion why others are quiet its bs.
    Which others are being quiet? Even RED participated in today's discussion, and he was waiting for a flight.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Hail To The King

Status

You wang wolf beast you guys think i been awol when I already used my perk.

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

New Year, Who Dis?

Status

You wang wolf beast you guys think i been awol when I already used my perk.
    What was your perk?

and Wolf Beast has prob been the most active person this game. TF you talking about.

Hail To The King

Status

What was your perk?

and Wolf Beast has prob been the most active person this game. TF you talking about.
    Who do you think stopped the Mitch lynch

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

New Year, Who Dis?

Status

So... you're the vote manipulator?

New Year, Who Dis?

Status

and WAIT... you STOPPED the Mitch lynch, then voted for it the next day, when you were sure he was town?

Hail To The King

Status

So... you're the vote manipulator?
    Yes...

I can use it once per day.

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

New Year, Who Dis?

Status

Yes...

I can use it once per day.
    I mean, that's an obvious mafia role. Not sure why you'd admit to that?

Hail To The King

Status

and WAIT... you STOPPED the Mitch lynch, then voted for it the next day, when you were sure he was town?
    Yea I did not my finest moment. I just didnt wanna come out and say it as it makes me look bad but I really got nothing else cause my back is against the wall here.

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Hail To The King

Status

I mean, that's an obvious mafia role. Not sure why you'd admit to that?

Im just being honest vote changer is a mafia role but im town its shitty role but it is what I got.

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Yeah, I'm feeling a lot better about this OMB lynch now.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

New Year, Who Dis?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Yeah, I'm feeling a lot better about this OMB lynch now.
    Same. And by proxy I feel a lot better about you, since you were on him the whole time. No way you do that as mafia.

Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread Information