Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE Royal Rumble 2020 Discussion

Aw the edge protect ya shoulder tour over before it started

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

The only person I was worried about with Edge was with Rollins because of his unfortunate history with guys, when he threw him against the the barricade I was like “please don’t that again”.

My buddy and I flipped out and had tears of joy when Edge’s music hit, so awesome. Besides the Lesnar stuff at the start (I knew it was leading to something but I still didn’t enjoy it), this was a fun rumble. Drew eliminating Lesnar was another big mark our for me, any one eliminating him at that point would have been fine to me.

I thought this was a fun show overall imo.

Banner credit: Booty

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Say My Name

Status

Just finished the Rumble and I now pretty much only watch WWE PPVs with how busy I am but I loved the men's Rumble

Thought the Brock stretch was great with the Kofi, Rey and Big E interaction and then the Drew elimination.

McIntyre winning was great and I loved the Rated RKO stuff. Probably the biggest Edge fan you'll find so no surprise I loved it though.

Knew Charlotte was going to win the Women's Rumble, was the obvious swerve. Also liked Asuka vs Becky.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

World Champion

Status

I need to go back and rewatch the end of Becky v Asuka and then the beginning of the Rumble as i nodded off but so disappointed we didn't get a couple of other people interacting with Lesnar like Riddle and Joe but pleased we got him go up against Keith Lee

Say My Name

Status

Also, Brock dancing to MVP's theme may have been the most underrated moment of the night
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    Also, Brock dancing to MVP's theme may have been the most underrated moment of the night
    I'm just annoyed he didn't go ballin....who have been a nice nod to Kobe that.

Oh as for AJ.....

I have a plan so cunning......

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Greece

I think this is the first time in years that I am super excited about the Royal Rumble winner. Last year I thought that Rollins was the right guy to win it. I still think he was at the time. With Nakamura and Orton it was mostly a case of anyone but Roman. 2016 was bleh, and 2015-14 was awful. 2013 with Cena was extremely predictable so pretty much "meh" while Sheamus in 2012 was a nice surprise but nothing to go crazy about. Del Rio was nothing to talk about and with Edge in 2010 was somewhat predictable but enjoyable none the less.

This time I am actually invested in what McIntyre will do as the biggest baby face on Raw against Lesnar. How will they book him? Will he actually dethrone Lesnar? Will his reign as champion be any good? I am excited for what's next. Please don't screw this up wwe.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Well I didn’t quite get to see Keith Lee pouncing Lesnar out of the Rumble, but he had a respectable showing nonetheless. Thought the Men’s Rumble was great. Lost a bit when Lesnar went out but still very enjoyable. Women’s Rumble was decent, everything else was very forgettable.

Hopefully they can build Drew up nicely to face Lesnar at Mania.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

WWE Royal Rumble 2020 Discussion

That Rumble match was pretty damn fun and easily the best in years. Brocks sections were legit hilarious and well thought out. All it needed was a R-Truth bit and it would have been perfect. Nice way to set up him v Drew at Mania too. Very happy they did go with Drew over Roman too. Still expecting Roman to face Bray at Mania but he didn’t need the rumble win to accomplish it.

Lol at the production team fucking up Edges first move in 9 fucking years just to try and get a meme. Ridiculous stuff. Even so great to see him back in Action and I’m surprised he went on for so long.

Eh at Charlotte taking the women’s one. She was my #2 prediction after Shayna so I’m not surprised she won but I can’t say I’m looking forward to her v Becky at Mania.

Rest of the show was fine for what it was.

WAKE UP

Status

God help me but Daniel Bryan managed to get a good match out of The Field. He may be the GOAT by the time his career winds up.

Charlotte winning was beyond boring. She is hands down the most over-pushed female wrestler they have ever had.

people lost their shit for the 5 seconds of Kofi bringing it to Brock. Give me Lesnar vs Keith Lee NOW. Loved Brock's elimination and Ricochet getting payback on him. Surprised they went ALL IN on Drew so hard but glad for it

WAKE UP

Status

also it was highlighted in this thread already but I'll pile on - the camera work on this show was absolutely god awful. for a company that clearly invests so much money into its presentation and production values its incredible how many shots they miss, and the whacky zoom in/zoom out and tracking shot are the stuff to give you motion sickness. also, it's normally terrible, but worth re-iterating how completely dreadful the commentary was. good grief the amount of mistakes or just generally dumb comments was staggering

Cardcaptor

Status

Yeah, I agree Steve. Charlotte's booking is terrible, period. And it won't stop any time soon, if ever.

And the commentary kept messing up which wrestler was who all night. Horrible.
    Everything will surely be alright.

MADMIN KING

Status

On the mens rumble as a whole, I thought it was a great rumble, especially the first half. We're always going to remember 'The Brock Rumble', so it has an identity for one thing, then they do all these nods to his history with Kofi and Rey and Braun that the crowd come alive for, ain't no-one making a Shelton appearance more interesting than Brock did, and then it all built well to Ricochet's revenge and Drew getting the elimination that made him a hero to the crowd. Drew's win doesn't come off as big without sacrificing so many bodies to Brock. I would not of been into Brock Vs Drew 24 hours ago, but after that elimination and that staredown they had for like 2 minutes, man am I hyped for that now. Brock is so good at making other people look good no matter what his reputation is or how WWE use him. When it comes to Cesaro being done dirty, come on now it's not 2015, the time has come and passed on Cesaro to mean anything in this company, he's 40 this year, John Morrison's just returned to the company and got treated pretty much the same so it's not a personal thing against Cesaro. He was lucky to even be in the thing - Rusev and Lashley are in a huge angle at the moment and they wrote them both out of the match for some reason. Anyway back to the match, the great thing about giving Drew that moment, is that it convinced me, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, that the Brock elimination was Drew's rub to take out of the match, but someone else would win, so they completely worked me into thinking Roman was winning. I'm far from an Edge fan, but you'd have to be made of stone to not feel something during his entrance knowing how much it would of meant to him. For the most part I think he did very well in the match and he helped Orton be interesting in a rumble that wouldn't of happened otherwise. Would of been interesting to see how far AJ Styles was going to go because to find spaces for Gallows and Anderson, when Buddy Murphy wasn't even allowed into a match he was announced for to help out Seth, he was obviously supposed to get to the final third of the match and possibly set something up for his US title. The Seth/KO and Joe stuff was by the numbers but came off well enough, and now including Black in the mix gives them a lot of options for matches on Raw for this feud.

The only booking decision I thought was ill-advised was bringing in Matt Riddle. If Matt Riddle is only lasting 1 minute and doesn't get to eliminate anyone or have a moment with anyone, don't include him in the match. You're not even putting him there with Brock Lesnar to tease something (and believe me that story about an altercation will end up being a Heyman creative project, remember how that Riddle/Goldberg argument just so happened to be captured on camera?). Leave him to have a better first impression down the road and concentrate on the Dusty Cup.

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    also it was highlighted in this thread already but I'll pile on - the camera work on this show was absolutely god awful. for a company that clearly invests so much money into its presentation and production values its incredible how many shots they miss, and the whacky zoom in/zoom out and tracking shot are the stuff to give you motion sickness. also, it's normally terrible, but worth re-iterating how completely dreadful the commentary was. good grief the amount of mistakes or just generally dumb comments was staggering
    Edge's return is the most heinous minute of WWE production I've ever witnessed. The man returns to action with an iconic entrance after nine years away and they spend maybe TWO SECONDS on him and every bit of energy on the crowd popping out of their minds looking for the next great reaction shot. You miss Edge coming out from behind the curtain, you miss Edge pumping up the crowd, you missed him coming out of the smoke which would have been an ICONIC shot, shit, I'm surprised they actually kept the camera on him for his pose and pyro. No surprise they missed the first spear.

I guess it's fitting that Edge gets to join his buddy Christian in the department of blown returns. The pop was legendary, the production was absolute trash.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

WC Hall of Famer

The Flow

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Edge's return is the most heinous minute of WWE production I've ever witnessed. The man returns to action with an iconic entrance after nine years away and they spend maybe TWO SECONDS on him and every bit of energy on the crowd popping out of their minds looking for the next great reaction shot. You miss Edge coming out from behind the curtain, you miss Edge pumping up the crowd, you missed him coming out of the smoke which would have been an ICONIC shot, shit, I'm surprised they actually kept the camera on him for his pose and pyro. No surprise they missed the first spear.

I guess it's fitting that Edge gets to join his buddy Christian in the department of blown returns. The pop was legendary, the production was absolute trash.
    Imagine if Todd Grisham was there:

It's Edge.

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang
    [06:01 PM]Dakstang
    :
    Yeah I guess you are right. And I only want to be Daddy to my own kids. Sorry.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Amazing show.

Thought the opener was fine. I'm a sucker for falls count anywhere matches, and I thought they did a decent enough job. **3/4

Women's Rumble: a lot better than last year, and really smartly booked. The people that had to look good did. The Santina return was the funniest surprise I've seen in ages. We were killing ourselves laughing and Beth's expressions sold the whole thing for me. Speaking of Beth, that was a hell of a gash she got. Charlotte winning really sucks because Shayna was there for it. I think Charlotte Vs Becky makes sense but I'm not enthusiastic for it because it feels like a match we've seen a million times before. Still, a thoroughly enjoyable Rumble ***1/4

Smackdown Women's title: the only sour spot on the show. Bayley sucks as a heel, and Lacey is just awful. They use every trick to get her cheers but the crowd died a horrible death when she actually starts wrestling. This was as good as I expected. *1/2

Universal title: shock horror, Bryan is a god. This was an awesome match. I thought the two of them worked incredibly hard and the match felt suitably brutal. Bray's mannerisms were good and not intrusive. Bryan of course got the crowd believing and his comeback was incredible. A really really good match, about on par with their 2014 Rumble match, maybe just a shade below ****

Raw women's title: best Becky match in forever. These two have really good chemistry and I thought they made Asuka look great in her predictable defeat. The counters were good, the pacing was spot on, and I loved the finish. No complaints ***3/4

Men's Rumble: another great match. Not my favourite Rumble, but I loved the Brock start. His selling down the stretch was exceptional as he was getting more worn down. I loved the interactions with all the people Brock had wronged over the last year. And the Shelton moment was very cool. And in sacrificing half the Rumble, they made Drew an absolute superstar. Edge's return surprised me, and while I wasn't his biggest fan I couldn't help but smile. He looked great out there all things considered. I was worried if Roman was going to win as that crowd was ready to shit all over that. The worst thing a Rumble can be is boring, and there wasn't a part of this one that was boring. That makes it an instant thumbs up. I'm alright with Drew winning - he's a good wrestler and has a legit feel as a badass, and it's also something new which I'm always for. ****

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuWNWc-RhP8

The Ziggler spear can now be seen. I imagine that at some point, the WWE Network will edit the PPV to include this angle.

MADMIN KING

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuWNWc-RhP8

The Ziggler spear can now be seen. I imagine that at some point, the WWE Network will edit the PPV to include this angle.
    Probably. I watched the Elimination Chamber 2019 on Saturday and noticed the weird cut they did during Bryan's small package off the Kofi nearfall where they missed it because they cut to the crowd is now gone and you just see the action in the ring. If they are bad enough they get around to fixing it eventually.

Just to wrap up this Edge camera snafu, the Royal Rumble VOD on the Network has now been updated to include the alternate footage. It's a little funky once they return to the original camera footage, but it also just feels like Kevin Dunn is being Kevin Dunn with his rapid fire cuts.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Yeah it looks a lot better now we can actually see the spear as we should have originally.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk
    I have a plan so cunning......

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread Information