Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: WWE TLC 2019 - Universal Champion Bray Wyatt vs The Miz

  1. #21
    King EC

    Mr. Peanutbutter's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Labrador Peninsula
    Posts
    11,437
    Rep Power
    1949760
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE TLC 2019 - Universal Champion Bray Wyatt vs The Miz

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Dunno if I'm the only one, but I'm already entirely bored with The Fiend. :/

    The Firefly Funhouse was fun for a good while, but I feel like they fumbled early on with the actual matches for The Fiend. I also am not super thrilled with Bray as a wrestler to begin with.
    Nah, I'm pretty much right there with you. I like the gimmick, at least as a concept. But to this point it's been the same attacks over and over again with The Fiend every time he appears. It's literally nothing new. Lights go out, the sounds start playing, the strobe lights kick on, he puts his opponent in the mandible claw and that's it. The only deviation from that is when he shows up from under the ring but that's never been a spot I'm fond of because it looks hokey to me and even then it's the same thing, only he pops out of the mat instead of appearing in the ring. His matches are a bore, which is typical for Wyatt. Funhouse Bray makes for some better segments, at least, but I don't think that side of him is even so good that it outweighs the apathy I have towards The Fiend.

    Having said all that, because I do like the idea of the character, I feel that they could still make him into something great. The ingredients are there. I just need to see some more variety out of the segments with The Fiend and he's gotta change up what he does in the ring because I take no pleasure in watching him work. Just needs some tweaks and he'll be well on his way.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique



    HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

    Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

  2. #22
    Cardcaptor
    Sakura's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Northwoods
    Posts
    8,588
    Rep Power
    1026778

    Re: WWE TLC 2019 - Universal Champion Bray Wyatt vs The Miz

    Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Nah, I'm pretty much right there with you. I like the gimmick, at least as a concept. But to this point it's been the same attacks over and over again with The Fiend every time he appears. It's literally nothing new. Lights go out, the sounds start playing, the strobe lights kick on, he puts his opponent in the mandible claw and that's it. The only deviation from that is when he shows up from under the ring but that's never been a spot I'm fond of because it looks hokey to me and even then it's the same thing, only he pops out of the mat instead of appearing in the ring. His matches are a bore, which is typical for Wyatt. Funhouse Bray makes for some better segments, at least, but I don't think that side of him is even so good that it outweighs the apathy I have towards The Fiend.

    Having said all that, because I do like the idea of the character, I feel that they could still make him into something great. The ingredients are there. I just need to see some more variety out of the segments with The Fiend and he's gotta change up what he does in the ring because I take no pleasure in watching him work. Just needs some tweaks and he'll be well on his way.
    Oh, yeah. I definitely agree. I like the concept....I like the possibilities...But they just aren't doing anything with it that is still entertaining to me. We know what to expect, and it's just not enough interest in the actual matches.

    I absolutely think they can still make this work and really well. But I'm not so sure they actually do. And it makes me wonder just how much longer they keep doing what they are doing, and what the long term plan (if any) is.
    Everything will surely be alright.



  3. #23
    Fearless University
    ETE's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    7,358
    Rep Power
    522215
      Country                    New Zealand

    Re: WWE TLC 2019 - Universal Champion Bray Wyatt vs The Miz

    The concept of the fiend is fantastic, 90% of The Fiend is great.

    The problem is the execution. The problem is once the McMahons get involved. The red lighting. The invulnerability which kills any chance of a competitive match. The copy and paste light out, mandible claw attacks.

    The Fiend as it it is sucks ass, because any Fiend feud is insanely repetitive and any Fiend match is a clusterfuck of overbooking.




  4. #24
    TAKE THE DREAM~

    MC 16's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Lesnar Farm
    Posts
    8,660
    Rep Power
    1394442
      Country                    England

    Re: WWE TLC 2019 - Universal Champion Bray Wyatt vs The Miz

    The Fiend is fine but once you realise it's just Bray Wyatt behind a mask, no selling, it's pretty bad. Someone new should've gotten the gimmick. I like the Firehouse segments when he was being disengiously happy but they've moved on from that

  5. #25
    Cardcaptor
    Sakura's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Northwoods
    Posts
    8,588
    Rep Power
    1026778

    Re: WWE TLC 2019 - Universal Champion Bray Wyatt vs The Miz

    I dunno if I'm just being crotchety, but I think the whole supernatural and mystical stuff is corny and overplayed. Too 90's.

    I mean, it's better than covering Reigns in dog food. But yeah.
    Everything will surely be alright.



  6. #26
    Indy Talent
    Finishline's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    305
    Rep Power
    85109
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE TLC 2019 - Universal Champion Bray Wyatt vs The Miz

    Can I just point out... four months ago everyone said The Fiend is the best thing going in WWE? Now that he has the Universal Championship, everyone is crapping on him... everyone thought Seth Rollins was the guy, until he got the title on him, and everyone complained.

    I'm really enjoying Bray Wyatt and the Fiend character right now. I'm glad Bray has finally gotten his well-deserved and long overdue push by totally remodeling himself.


    As for the match itself, it's interesting that Bray Wyatt is advertised and not The Fiend... perhaps this means The Miz will get the win? I could see this feud going into January's Royal Rumble for the title.

  7. #27

    Re: WWE TLC 2019 - Universal Champion Bray Wyatt vs The Miz

    Quote Originally Posted by Finishline View Post
    Can I just point out... four months ago everyone said The Fiend is the best thing going in WWE? Now that he has the Universal Championship, everyone is crapping on him... everyone thought Seth Rollins was the guy, until he got the title on him, and everyone complained.
    This isn't true. Everyone started shitting on The Fiend when his matches began and it was loaded with WrestleCrap and awful red lighting. The title doesn't have anything to do with it.

  8. #28
    King EC

    Mr. Peanutbutter's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Labrador Peninsula
    Posts
    11,437
    Rep Power
    1949760
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE TLC 2019 - Universal Champion Bray Wyatt vs The Miz

    And people have been shitting on Rollins for years so...
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique



    HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

    Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

  9. #29

    Silk's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Hell on Earth
    Posts
    9,336
    Rep Power
    2232978
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE TLC 2019 - Universal Champion Bray Wyatt vs The Miz

    I was crapping on The Fiend the moment the new gimmick was introduced because I knew eventually Bray Wyatt would have to wrestle again.



    Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Pathetically Recapping Wrestling's Most Famous Garbage
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

    Never Forget
    Spoiler:


    [footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]


    WC Hall of Famer



  10. #30
    Fearless University
    ETE's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    7,358
    Rep Power
    522215
      Country                    New Zealand

    Re: WWE TLC 2019 - Universal Champion Bray Wyatt vs The Miz

    The Fiend started getting hate the moment he went from just being a character off in his own World, too being a character who has matches. The matches and the drudgery that comes with them is what's turned people off. Bray does a fantastic job with the character, and the promos but there's too much nonsense that comes with a Fiend match.

    Rollins was horribly exposed as not being anywhere near good enough for the FOTC spot, and being a bit of a douchenozzle corporate stooge on social media. And of course he's horribly, horribly untalented and should just be used as a jobber on Main Event.
    Last edited by ETE; 12-13-2019 at 08:53 PM.




  11. #31
    Cardcaptor
    Sakura's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Northwoods
    Posts
    8,588
    Rep Power
    1026778

    Re: WWE TLC 2019 - Universal Champion Bray Wyatt vs The Miz

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    This isn't true. Everyone started shitting on The Fiend when his matches began and it was loaded with WrestleCrap and awful red lighting. The title doesn't have anything to do with it.
    Nail on the head, Jim.

    It was a good build up, and good until that hit.

    It's been swing and a miss since. And as Silk said, a lot of people figured it'd happen...Given the ring work aspect.
    Everything will surely be alright.



  12. #32
    Heel Champion
    RED's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    4,166
    Rep Power
    555057
      Country                    Greece

    Re: WWE TLC 2019 - Universal Champion Bray Wyatt vs The Miz

    In other news, I am half expecting The Fiend Daniel Bryan to make an appearance during or after this match.





  13. #33
    Hail To The King
    OMB's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Hawkins
    Posts
    8,846
    Rep Power
    1680566
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE TLC 2019 - Universal Champion Bray Wyatt vs The Miz

    Im not gonna lie im digging the feud so far the sd segment was great and creepy




    Spoiler:


    CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •