Thread: Pentagon Jr

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Pentagon Jr

So my initial reaction is no but thought he was arguably the biggest name over the last 5 years not to have a thread.

The early years in Lucha Underground he was pretty damn captivating I thought, I still think that Vampiro match is one of the great carryjobs of the decade, but once you take him out of that unique environment, and there's no story to what he's doing, and breaking the arm means nothing because he does it every match, he just turns into a tribute act wrestler who gives fans the greatest hits and that's it. He was a big star of the US indies, but essentially he just coasted on his popularity and his fan interaction rather than have any classic matches. Due to how great his brother is, he's been involved in some super enjoyable tag matches, the Hero/End tag match in PWG for example is tremendous stuff I thought, but I stop short of calling him a great tag wrestler.

He's good, and a very popular act of this era, but I can't call him great.

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Pentagon Jr

Don't let MC 16 see this.

Seriously though... he's a tricky one. Top 50 of the last half decade? I can understand it. He's in contention. If nothing else, he would be top 100. I think whether or not I include him on my list will depend on seeing his Lucha Underground stuff because I've seen none of thus far.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Has his moments, like the Callihan match where he is more than willing to step out of his basic "cero miedo" mode. The Vampiro match is good, although heavily clipped. We can only judge on what we watch though. The Omega match last year was a good spot fest as well. And I suppose him being the break out star of Lucha Underground is in his favour.

Too many unnoteworthy matches for me though.

WAKE UP

Status

The greatest trick Lucha Underground ever pulled was convincing people Penta was a good wrestler.

Dude is a turd and one of the laziest mainstream wrestlers going. 90% of his matches filled with him killing time with posing. For a guy who is meant to be a stone cold badass, most of his offence also looks like shit and barely touches his opponent.

Thread Information