Thread: Momo no Seishun Tag (Atsushi Kotoge & Daisuke Harada)

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Momo no Seishun Tag (Atsushi Kotoge & Daisuke Harada)

Probably the wrestlers I personally love watching most in the world of wrestling. They started off finishing off one of 2014's best rivalries in January and then teaming for the first 2 years of the half decade, including perhaps having one of the most impressive cases right away by having a good match with Jado & Gedo. They broke apart in early 2017 with Kotoge's push to the heavyweights, after which Kotoge largely was the bigger star and better worker with Kotoge having excellent performances as a fiery underdog which to me he was one of the better workers in the world at that point, in addition his tag team with Go helped get Go over to a crowd that previously was extremely negative towards him thanks largely to Kotoge's popularity. Whereas the Juniors were a bit rebuilding with RATEL's forming and their main rivalry being a team of Hi69 & Taiji Ishimori. Come 2018 Kotoge was still a strong worker but had taken a drastic character change into more of a comedic tone, which caused him to only top out at "good midcard" level matches for the most part, whereas Harada continued his path as one of the best Jr. Heavyweights in Japan and the division was quite a bit better than the Jado booked era with great work from the likes of Kotaro Suzuki and Chris Ridgeway reigniting Harada as the undisputed Ace of the division until Kotoge dumped the cape and went back to the Juniors as a heel, they immediately feuded with each other in a hate filled feud that culminated with one if my favorite matches of 2019 just one month ago!

There are SO MANY recommended matches, because they've both been so consistent. I think Harada is a better Pure wrestler, but Kotoge is more complete and also has had a better 5 years overall.

Would check out their matches against each other, whatever Momo no Seishun Tag matches seem appealing on paper, and some of Kotoge's work with and against Go Shiozaki and Harada's single match against Kotaro Suzuki & Minoru Suzuki last year.
    As long as you remember me, I will always live within you. Not as a phantom limb or a phantom anything...As part of your heart. I will always be your angel of peace. So I know exactly how to finish...

Say..."Peace".

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

Your Favourite Member's Favourite Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Momo no Seishun Tag (Atsushi Kotoge & Daisuke Harada)

These are two great noms because that NOAH Jr division was on fire for the first few years of this project with Harada, Kotoge and Ishimori putting on great matches. Sadly I've not kept up with NOAH shows enough to fully appreciate cape wearing Kotoge's rise to being a heavyweight, Kenoh and Kiyomiya have landed better with me than he has in my minimal viewing.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Kotoge really fell off last year after a good series of matches with Sugiura, Masa Kitamiya. It was due to the gimmick which, while fun, wasn't something suitable to this. He has his good matches. A few good matches as a heavyweight against Nakajima, Go Shiozaki and in quite a few tags. Harada is an excellent Junior wrestler. I sadly haven't watched much of it because NOAH just hasn't interested me a ton this year and the occasional match I watch doesn't lead to me to seek out more. Some of their earlier stuff is good, will have to watch more over the month.

WAKE UP

Status

I remember thinking both guys had potential way back when, but simply haven't given a shit about NOAH to watch anything.

Top 3 matches to fill me in?

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

For Kotoge:
    w/Go Shiozaki vs. Taniguchi/Marufuji (8/26/17) - The end of a tag series between the two of which all the matches are good if you'd like to check them out. Kotoge & Go started out as brief rivals but earned respect & this match is focused on Kotoge.

vs. Takashi Sugiura (4/29/18) - Probably his last big match for awhile since this was the debut of the hero. Keep in mind that the buildup to this was an awesome angle where immediately after Sugiura won the title Kotoge walked out then blasted Sugiura with a headbutt & busted him open. (Also Kotoge got a win over Sugiura in a good buildup tag dragged down by lazy Marufuji) The headbutts obviously are the story in this match.

Daisuke Harada:

vs. Minoru Tanaka (12/23/17) - There wasn't a story to this, just a great title match.

vs. Kotaro Suzuki (12/16/18) - Kotaro is the heel invader who won the title & his whole gimmick was how he ran down how shitty the Jrs are now since he left. Harada defending the company.

Both:
    Harada/Kotoge - 11/16/19
    As long as you remember me, I will always live within you. Not as a phantom limb or a phantom anything...As part of your heart. I will always be your angel of peace. So I know exactly how to finish...

Say..."Peace".

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

Thread Information