Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WCW's Big Bang: A WCW Network Documentary Series

Jam Up Guy

Status

Re: WCW's Big Bang: A WCW Network Documentary Series

Okay, so now you've got through the back catalogue of your old shows I feel like I can comment on this again, as before there didn't seem much point when you weren't going to be able to do much with my feedback anyway!

Boring stuff first, the format is fine and I like the bolding, but I've started to find the blocks of black text to become a little difficult to get through. Nothing terrible, but it could certainly use a little colour or line breaks in between, just to break things up and make them a little easier on the eyes. I've always found these line breaks...

... do the job pretty well to break up segments. If you don't know how to do them (it took me ages to work out when I got here), it's [ h r ] [ / h r ] but without all the spaces.

Anyway, on to the important stuff, the content. I seem to remember giving you feedback before that I felt things were still a little safe, but as time moved on you're definitely picking up momentum. The whole Kronik thing is dominating the shows and rightly so, and the mystery around their presence has really added an element of needing to check in every week to see what the latest developments are. And if it's gonig the direction I think it is, there could still be a lot of fun to come. If I'm being critical I'd say 2 big guys attacking everyone while people question who they work with is a little too 1996 for my liking and WCW could really use a break from NWO style storylines, but given the paucity of options you have on the roster there's only so much you can do, and this is a good use of who you have.

I think the highlight of the thread is bitter Tony Schiavone. Such a fun character, and wouldn't have a problem with you almost building the company around him in a weird way. It's fresh, it's different, and you can get anyone to work with him knowing he can carry the legwork on the mic. I really like it.

Also like Chavo and the Disciples of Guerrero, that's such a fun little direction you've got going on there. Jarrett's recent change of heart where he tried to get Dustin to work with him too. Jarrett is one of the few guys you could put in main events, so I'm glad he's starting to get a bit of personality and intrigue around him again.

I'll be honest and say I still don't really see Storm at this level and running him in consecutive PPV main events feels really bush league to me, but at the same time, I can't really fault the way you've booked him. You don't have much to turn to, so even though he's devoid of personality and charisma there's not a great deal you can do about that. You have to push someone, after all.

Really liking the way Awesome is being treated as a monster. That's such an easy way to get someone over, and he's the closest thing you've got to a scary big man, so tap in to it! Can see him getting mega over in this, actually.

One angle I was really enjoying was the Hugh Morrus betting angle. It's such a silly throwaway thing, but in the best possible way. Not every feud has to be life and death and not every segment ending in a run in. That was a fun, unique little angle that was competently booked with stakes and character developments and so on. That's exactly the kind of thing WCW would have needed around this time had it stayed alive, so I'm all over that.

Anyway, those are my general thoughts on what we've seen so far. I know you have asked for predicitions, but I'm giving them to you anyway:
    WCW World title Cage Match: Booker T (c) vs. Lance Storm
    For as decent a job as you've done with establishing Storm, you'd be mad to make him your champion

Jeff Jarrett & ??? vs. KroniK (w/Tony Schiavone)
    I'm going to predict that whoever Jarrett finds is going to instantly turn on him and align with Kronik and Big Tony. I'm going to say that it'll be Randy Savage

WCW United States Title Match:
    Rob Van Dam (c) vs. Shawn Stasiak (w/Stacy Keibler)
    He's only just won it, he's not losing it already to Shawn Stasiak of all people. One of the very few disappointments for me in this thread so far is RVD has felt less important since he won the belt. He had a great thing going with the exciting debut and undefeated streak, but he lost that streak in a multi-man match, then jobbed at least one more time on TV, maybe two, and yet it wasn't really brought up. He feels like he's settling in to midcard purgatory a little, whereas you're so low on star power that he's someone who should be getting elevated imo, not dragged down by someone like Stasiak (even if I've enjoyed your booknig of him so far)

Sean O'Haire vs. Chuck Palumbo (w/Stacy Keibler)
    I liked the twist of having Stasiak go over at the Bash, but surely the only purpose of that was to strap a rocket to O'Haire

WCW Tag Team Titles Match:
    The Mamalukes (c) (w/Mike Sanders) vs. Hugh Morrus & Rey Mysterio
    Like I said before, I've really enjoyed this angle, and loved Rey and Hugh deciding to team up. I also love that you're pushing the Mamalukes, they're one of those teams most people wouldn't think to do anything with, and I love that you're willing to work with some of the less expected names. With all that said, I think Hugh and Rey win the belts here, even if it means the straps hot shot a little, cos it'll make for a fun dynamic. Although given the absence of star power on these shows, Rey Rey could absolutely be in main events and not messing around with the likes of Hugh Morrus and Johnny The Bull imo

Lucha Libra Rules Trios Match:
    Shane Helms, Super Crazy & Juventud Guerrera vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr. & The Disciples of Guerrero
    They're the hot new thing, so they have to go over. Will be a fun way to open up the show though, and kudos for introducing some fresh names in to what was a pretty stale division around this time

Mike Awesome's Hardcore Open Challenge
    Somehow I don't see Awesome losing a challenge that's named after him I'm going to guess someone like Terry Funk gets involved to put Awesome over in a big way and establish him as a top level guy

Air Raid vs. Skipper & Romeo
    Neither team has had a great amount of focus, but I imagine Air Raid are the ones who will be getting more of a spotlight as we go forward

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

WCW World title Cage Match: Booker T (c) vs. Lance Storm
    I think you’ve done a great job booking the challenger here, but I’m not completely sure about Booker. I mean, you haven’t booked him terribly, but he just doesn’t feel like THE GUY, and even now, he seems to be overshadowed by so much other interesting stuff that’s happening (Kronik, Jarrett’s change of character, Mike Awesome, Storm himself to name a few). I can basically give you the exact opposite comments on Storm. The man is awesome, don’t listen to Keef, and give him the fucking title. And whilst I don’t think Storm will actually win, you need to be complimented on picking somewhat of an out there choice for Booker’s first real challenger, and making it work.

Jarrett’s character has taken a huge boom the past few weeks, with him taking a step back and changing. I’m not sure exactly where it’s going to end up, but I’m enjoying the journey. As for his mystery partner? Fuck, it’s going to be Mideon isn’t it? That ‘Southern Justice’ line certainly stood out to me on the last show, so that’s kind of what I’m expecting. Before I get into my actual prediction, I want to mention that I think you’ve done a great job with Kronik making a huge impact, and the pairing with Fat Tony is interesting as hell. Booked to perfection so far for me. Still, I think Kronik win easy and then go on the attack afterwards, only for Rhodes to save Jarrett and then will get some Strange Bedfellows shit in the future.

WCW United States Title Match: Rob Van Dam (c) vs. Shawn Stasiak (w/Stacy Keibler)
    RVD wins this one because he’s still pretty fresh with the title. If I do have a criticism, I have to agree with Keef in that Van Dam has been vanilla as since become champion. Just another guy wrestling mid card matches, and the odd main event tag which is a little disappointing. Still, he wins this, whilst Stasiak will continue his feud with O’Haire.

O’Haire squashes Palumbo because fuck him. No matter the result, I think this one is continuing, but I’ll go O’Haire. On a side note, I like that this has had consistent build despite being a mid card feud.

WCW Tag Team Titles Match: The Mamalukes (c) (w/Mike Sanders) vs. Hugh Morrus & Rey Mysterio
    Another really enjoyable angle here and it all surrounds Hugh Morrus. The gambling angle and unwillingly paying off his debts has been awesome. The moment he finally had enough was done well, and him and Mysterio teaming makes sense, although I did think their man hug was a bit cringe. Anyway, Mamalukes are fun characters so glad you’re doing something with them, and I reckon they pick up a cheap win somehow here. Still plenty of legs left in a title chase here.

Lucha Libra Rules Trios Match: Shane Helms, Super Crazy & Juventud Guerrera vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr. & The Disciples of Guerrero
    They're the hot new thing, so they have to go over. Will be a fun way to open up the show though, and kudos for introducing some fresh names in to what was a pretty stale division around this time. I’m basically using Keef’s exact comments here because I completely agree.

Mike Awesome's Hardcore Open Challenge
    Awesome destroys Hardcore Hak lol.

Air Raid won a few weeks ago, I’m going Skipper & Romeo here, and they’ll finish this on a random episode of Nitro down the line.

Zoom E is a piece of shit but he’s right in being an advocate for your work. A VERY strong start.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    United States

WCW Bash at The Beach

July 15, 2001

Joey Styles and "The Professor" Mike Tenay welcomed us to what promised to be an eventful evening. WCW had ventured outside of Vegas for the first time since opening their doors - because there's no beaches in Vegas of course. So WCW found themselves in sunny San Diego, CA at the Cox Arena.

The duo ran down the big matches for the card – headlined by Booker T defending the WCW World Heavyweight Title inside the steel cage against Lance Storm, Jeff Jarrett and partner of his choosing against the menacing KroniK, the tag titles on the line as Hugh Morrus steps in for an injured Billy Kidman to help Rey Mysterio try to win back the WCW Tag Team Titles he actually caused the Filthy Animals to lose, and the US Title on the line as Rob Van Dam defends against the self proclaimed ‘uncrowned” champion, Shawn Stasiak.

But first…we head to the ring.

Lucha Libra Rules Trios Match: Shane Helms, Super Crazy & Juventud Guerrera vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr. & The Disciples of Guerrero

Of course there is no better way to start off a WCW Pay Per View than with cruiserweight action. Helms, Crazy, and Juvi make their separate entrances as Mike Tenay gave us a refresher on the rules of a Lucha Libre Trios match, which for WCW purposes just means its a six man tag match but tags aren't always necessary - if one man leaves or gets thrown from the ring, someone else can enter without tagging. WCW Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero came out next alongside his Disciples, Halloween and Damien, who stop halfway down the aisle to get on their knees and literally bow to their "Lucha God." However, the faces in the ring didn't feel like waiting on this scene of idolatry and instead all three rushed up the aisle to start the match then and there - starting a brawl outside the ring to get things going. This definitely set the tone for the chaos that would move forward once they got to the ring - with plenty of off the top rope action to get the crowd riled up to start the show.

While the faces had no problem putting their bodies at risk, as Shane Helms showed off with his top rope somersault plancha onto Halloween and Damien at ringside though Super Crazy also wanted to live up to his name, showing off his own high risk moves with a slingshot springboard corkscrew plancha that took out the Disciples and even Helms at ringside. Meanwhile, Chavo was much more calculated, not putting his body at risk and instead took advantage as Juvi went up top to try and take to their as well, but Chavo instead pulled him off the top rope into a running powerbomb instead! Chavo looked to take advantage of everyone else being down at ringside as he laid out Juvi with a Gory Bomb and made the cover - One, Two, Thr...a Diving Legdrop from Super Crazy broke up the pin! As Juvi rolled out of the ring, Crazy took control of the Cruiserweight Champion, soon going for the Crazy Bomb, only to have Damien enter the ring and prevent it with a chop block that sent Chavo and Crazy to the mat. Damien rolled Chavo to safety outside the ring to become the legal man but then quickly tagged in Halloween so that they could corner Crazy and double team him in the corner.

Halloween and Damien took turns on Crazy until one of their double teams saw them send Crazy into the ropes only to have Crazy leapfrog over a backdrop attempt from Damien, and catch Halloween with a headscissors takedown that sent both men out of the ring! Damien spun around and was caught by a springboard dropkick from the incoming Helms! Things began to break down as Helms took control and soon began to set up Damien for the Vertebreaker, but Chavo entered and broke it up - bringing Juvi in to even the odds! Damien and Helms ended up paired off while Juvi worked over Chavo in the corner. A Sugar Smack superkick from Helms sent Damien falling out of the ring while Chavo countered a charging Juvi with a backdrop that sent Juvi over the top rope and crashing onto both Crazy and Halloween at ringside!

This left Chavo alone in the ring with the man he basically stole the Cruiserweight Title from! Helms was eager to get his hands on Chavo and immediately began to unload some hard punches to Chavo, but Chavo fought back with a knee to the low midsection of Helms, borderline too low Mike Tenay thought, and set up Helms for a Brainbuster only to have Helms escape and slide down Chavo's back and then lay him out with the Nightmare on Helms Street! Helms called for the Vertebreaker and looked to put Chavo away, setting him up for it - but in came Damien and Halloween - both jumping on Helms to prevent it! Helms tried to fight off both of Chavo's Disciples, but the numbers were too much as they set up Helms on the apron and looked for a double suplex off the apron to the floor, but Helms once again escaped with a pair of back elbows before taking Damien off the apron with a jumping neckbreaker to the floor outside! In charged Super Crazy from in the ring to take out Halloween, leaping over the ropes and executing a sunsetflip powerbomb off the apron to the floor!

With all the chaos outside the ring, Juvi had rolled back in and looked to take advantage of the recovering Chavo, lifting him up off the mat, but Chavo was playing possum and instead shocked Juvi with a surprise small package roll up with a handful of tights to get a three count out of nowhere!

Post-match, the Cruiserweight Champion wasted no time rolling out of the ring and heading up the aisle before anyone even realized what had happened. Helms and Crazy were able to regroup in the ring with Juvi, who was on his knees in disbelief that Chavo had snuck out a victory. Chavo was rejoined by Halloween and Damien, who lifted him up on their shoulders in celebration.

In the back, Jeremy Borash had caught up with Jeff Jarrett who was joined by BG James. Jarrett admitted that he had been nervous about being able to find a partner because he hadn’t made too many friends in WCW…but there was one man in the locker room that goes WAY..WAY..WAY back – ole “Roadie” himself, BG James. James called Jarrett ‘his boy’ and that BG is more than happy to have the back of ole J-E-DOUBLE-F-J-A-DOUBLE R-E-DOUBLE T!

After the hot opener, we slow things down as O'Haire looked to get some payback on his former tag team partner. The duo of Palumbo & O'Haire had been the reigning WCW Tag Champions when WCW reopened their doors but their partnerships came to a decisive end last month at Great American Bash when Palumbo turned on O'Haire and reunited with his other former partner, Shawn Stasiak, helping Stasiak defeat O'Haire. O'Haire has been chasing down both of his former Natural Born Thrillers teammates for a month now and was clearly eager to get his hands one on one on Palumbo. As the match got underway, Tenay put over how well these two know each other having trained together at the WCW Powerplant, formed the Natural Born Thrillers together, and of course had their lengthy tag title reign together. That being said, the duo didn't really gel that great in the ring together and what could have been a heated exchange turned into more of a sluggish brawl between the two.

Things heated up some when the match spilled to the outside and Palumbo was able to get the upperhand after sending O'Haire crashing into the ring steps. Palumbo took some time to argue with some fans at ringside until Stacy Keibler refocused him, sending O'Haire back into the ring. O'Haire staggered to his feet as Palumbo showed that he did have some agility in him as he came back into the ring with a springboard dropkick to the larger O'Haire. Palumbo dropped an elbow down on O'Haire's chest before making a cover, but only getting a two count. Palumbo stayed in control until he went for a running big boot that O'Haire dodged and then it was O'Haire on the offensive, bringing Palumbo into his knee with a facebreaker knee smash. O'Haire showed off some of his fancy feet work as he then knocked Palumbo to the mat with a stiff roundhouse kick. O'Haire momentum continued until he went to lift Palumbo up into a Fireman's Carry, only to have Palumbo slid down his back and exit the ring.

O'Haire gave chase, but Palumbo grabbed Keibler, pulling her in front of himself as a shield as O'Haire moved in. O'Haire clearly didn't want to hit a girl so Palumbo then shoved his valet into O'Haire! O'Haire grabbed her and moved her out of the way but that just allowed Palumbo to capitalize with a running big boot! Palumbo rolled back into the ring and seemed content taking a countout loss as the referee made his way up to 7 on the 10 count before O'Haire grabbed the apron and was able to roll under the ropes to break the count. Palumbo immediately put the boots to O'Haire before pulling him to his feet and sending O'Haire back to the mat with an overhead belly to belly suplex! Palumbo made a very confident cover, not hooking the leg and only got a two count as a result! A frustrated Palumbo argued with the referee as Keibler yelled at her client to put O'Haire away. Palumbo looked to do just that as O'Haire stumbled to his feet...he measured him up and went for the Jungle Kick, but O'Haire rolled out of the way! O'Haire rolled back to his feet and came in with a big European uppercut to Palumbo before clotheslining him to the mat. Palumbo pulled himself up but O'Haire was waiting, lifting him up onto his shoulders and driving him into the mat with a rolling fireman's carry slam!

O'Haire signaled it was time to finish Palumbo, lifting him up and tossing him to the mat with a Crucifix Powerbomb before pointing to the top rope. There was very little Stacy Keibler could do but watch as O'Haire climbed to the top turnbuckle. She attempted to yell to him and distract him, but he had her completely ignored - his focus was solely on finishing off Palumbo. And coming off the top with the SEANTON BOMB did just that. O'Haire made the cover and pick up the three count victory.

As O’Haire celebrated, backstage Jeremy Borash was standing by with the challengers for the WCW Tag Team Titles later tonight, Rey Mysterio & Hugh Morrus. Mysterio address the question he had been hearing all week – how could he forgive Hugh Morrus and even team up with him tonight. Mysterio admitted it was difficult but he has always been a man who believes in second chances. Rey also referred to himself as a “family man” so he understood the struggle Hugh was going through and for that reason, could forgive him – and was more than happy to have him on his side tonight. Morrus added that Rey may have been able to forgive him, but Morrus would never be able to forgive himself. But winning the tag titles from The Mamalukes tonight would certainly help him on the path to being able to forgive himself. Tonight was about righting wrongs for Morrus and he would not let Rey down!

Mike Tenay referred to these two teams as two of the top "young and up and coming" tag teams in WCW. Of course, Skipper and Romeo already had some accolades to their name having been the first (of only two) teams to hold the short-lived WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Championships prior to WCW being acquired. The duo have seemed to have a chip on their shoulder from being overlooked as a team in the new WCW despite that claim to fame - while Air Paris and Air Styles have begun to develop some momentum in this new WCW after making their debut earlier in 2001. The youngsters already had one tag team victory over Skipper & Romeo a few weeks back on Nitro - and while Skipper defeated Styles in the final lead up to Bash, Romeo and Skipper were looking to show they were still the top young team in WCW and put Air Raid in their place.

Styles and Skipper started things off for their teams, picking up where they left off on Monday - again displaying that they work very well together. Styles got the early upperhand and even almost stole an early pinfall victory off a very fast hurricanrana into a cradling pin, but Skipper was able to kick out. Skipper rolled out of the pinning predicament and shook his head, already showing some signs of frustration. Skipper ended up tagging in Romeo who looked to showcase he had some strength to go along with quickness, overpowering Styles and getting a nearfall of his own after a Reverse Powerbomb, but Styles was able to kickout and soon struck back with a discuss clothesline and tagged in Paris. Paris continued the momentum Styles had gained, soon using a cross body to pick up a nearfall on Romeo. However, Paris would open the door for their opponents to take control when he went for a standing moonsault only to have Romeo get his knees up. Romeo made the tag to Skipper and the duo took Paris to the mat with a Russian Legsweep/Roundhouse kick combo. Skipper and Romeo took turns working over Paris, preventing him from making the tag to Styles - but at the same time, Paris kept kicking out of each pinfall attempt Skipper and Romeo threw at him.

Paris began to attempt to mount a comeback, battling back against Skipper and sending him into the ropes. Paris leaped into the air to go for a rana to Skipper, but Skipper caught him and turned into a snap powerbomb to lay Paris back out and effectively stop a comeback attempt before locking him in a modified Boston Crab. The referee checked in, but Paris refused to submit and Skipper would eventually pull Paris to his corner and tag in Romeo, allowing Romeo to springboard into the ring and drop a legdrop down across the back of Paris' head while still being held in the submission. Romeo continued on the attack until Paris was able to counter a Northern Lights Suplex into a DDT that left both men down and finally Paris was able to get the tag in to Styles! Romeo tagged in Skipper and the duo went charging right into a springboard double clothesline from Air Styles. Romeo rolled back to his feet but was immediately met by a Pele Kick from Styles! Styles turned his attention back to Skipper and went for a discus clothesline, but Skipper used his "Matrix" escape to avoid it before hooking Styles and taking him to the mat with a Dragon Suplex! Skipper would only get a two count but would go back on the attack and managed to hit his Rope Walk Frankensteiner to Styles! Skipper made the cover - One, Two, Thre...Air Paris with the save! Kid Romeo came into the ring now and all four men were now going at it as the referee began to lose control.

A running cross body press from Air Paris sent himself and Romeo toppling over the top rope to the floor - once again leaving Skipper and Styles alone together in the ring. Skipper gave Styles a boot to the midsection and began to set him up for the Play of the Day, but Styles countered and lifted Skipper up into a fireman's carry before dropping him to the mat with a facebuster! Styles then ascended to the top turnbuckle and utilized a corkscrew senton bomb that was able to get the pinfall on Skipper and the three count! Paris rolled back into the ring quickly to grab Styles in a hug to celebrate their hard fought victory!

Meanwhile, Romeo helped pull Skipper out of the ring and the duo argued to the back after suffering another upsetting loss.

Backstage, Jeremy Borash was standing by with the challenger in tonight’s Main Event Cage Match for the WCW Title, Lance Storm. Storm was once again asked about the possibility of Tony Schiavone and KroniK getting involved in the Main Event, to which Storm told Borash he was sick and tired of that being the story. The story should be Charismatic Canadian Star Earns Championship Redemption in California. This match isn’t about Tony Schiavone or KroniK. This match isn’t even about Calgary…..Alberta, Canada anymore. This was about Storm proving he’s the best wrestler in the World once and for all and doing what he should’ve done last month – BEAT BOOKER T.

As Storm finished up, he turned around and found himself face to face with his former partner Mike Awesome who was heading towards the ring. The two stared each other down in awkward silence before Awesome finally broke the silence, telling Storm to watch his back – because win or lose – his actions have put a big target on his back. Awesome gave Storm a pat on the back before continue towards the ring.

Mike Awesome's Open Challenge

As Mike Awesome made his way down to the ring, Joey Styles reminded us of the warpath Awesome has been on since Lance Storm dropped him lack a sack of potatoes. He said that anyone would have to be one of two things to accept Awesome's challenge tonight - crazy or just downright stupid. And almost on cue, the recycled music of 3-Count hit the PA system and brought out Shannon Moore but he was not alone - he was accompanied by his new cohorts Joey Matthews and Christian York. All three of them looked like they had raided the wrestling locker of former WCW Hardcore legend Norman Smiley as they were wearing football jerseys and helmets and Moore was wheeling a shopping cart full of "hardcore plunder." Awesome had his hands on his hips in apparent disgust that these three were once again showing up to try to take him on, despite his destruction of them on Nitro.

But before Moore and Co. could make it to the ring, the boy band pop cut off and out came the "crazy" to match the "stupid" already in the aisle as it was the legend - Terry Funk, wielding a steel chair! Funk proceeded to drive the chair into the midsections of both York and Matthews before cracking it down across each of their backs as well. Moore took off his helmet and began to plead with Funk not to hurt him, and Funk seemed to oblige as he put the steel chair down...only to surprise Moore with a kick to the groin! Funk then pulled Moore in and gave him a PILEDRIVER in the aisle! Awesome had a half smile on his face as he watched Funk dismantle the trio in aisle, but the smile faded as Funk walked down to the ring to take the claim of answering Awesome's open challenge.

Mike Awesome vs. Terry Funk

Funk climbed into the ring and the match got underway and stayed kind of time in the early going as the pair kept it to some in ring brawling, but it didn't take long to take things up a notch when the fight spilled outside the ring. Funk looked to take the big man down as he leaped onto Awesome's back with a camera cable, wrapping it around Awesome's neck. This slowled Awesome down, but he did break it up by running backwards and slamming Funk back first into the ring post. Awesome picked up a chair from ringside and swung it at Funk's head as he leaned against the ring post, and luckily, Funk was able to move out of the way before being nearly decapitated by Awesome's wild swing. Funk fired back with some stiff chops to Awesome's chest but Awesome absorbed Funk's blows and clotheslined the hardcore legend to the floor. Awesome rolled Funk back into the ring before bringing out a table and sliding it into the ring as well.

Funk tried to fight back as Awesome re-entered the ring, meeting Awesome with some hard right hands that briefly staggered the powerhouse enough to let Funk send him into the corner with an Irish Whip. Funk picked the table up, propped it up in the opposite corner, and then looked to Irish Whip Awesome into the table, but Awesome blocked it and then pulled Funk into a short arm clothesline of his own. From here, Awesome began to dominant the Funkster, picking up the chair in the ring and driving it down across Funk's back every time he tried to get back to his feet. Awesome would soon look to finish Funk off as he lifted him up into a crucifix and went for a Running Awesome Bomb through the propped up table, but Funk slid down Awesome's back at the last second! Awesome turned around as Funk charged in at him, but Awesome caught Funk and tossed him with a belly to belly suplex that sent Funk through the table! Awesome pulled Funk from the wreckage and made the cover - One, Two, Thre...Funk just BARELY got his shoulder up!

Known for his tenacity, Funk was showing it as he kept getting up from everything Mike Awesome was throwing at him. Awesome would eventually grab the chair again, then grab a handful of Funk’s hair, and begin to help him to his feet, but Funk fired back with a LOW BLOW to Awesome! The great equalizer had Awesome doubled over in pain as Funk grabbed the chair and cracked it across Awesome's back! Awesome began to get back up only to be met with a chairshot to the head from Funk! Funk suddenly had some momentum and looked to capitalize. He pulled Awesome up to his knees and then laid him out with his Piledriver! Funk was slow to recover but would finally roll Awesome over onto his back and make the cover - One, Two, Thre...NO! Awesome with the kickout of Funk's Piledriver! But Funk was not stopping now. He rolled out of the ring and grabbed from under the ring..and first pulled out another table and propped it up at ringside, but then went back in and pulled out a barbedwire baseball bat! Funk held it up in the air, getting a big pop from the crowd. Funk rolled back into the ring as Awesome was getting to his feet. Funk took a swing with the baseball bat, but Awesome ducked! Awesome gave Funk a kick to the midsection and then took the bat from Funk, lifting it high into the air and BROKE IT across Funk's back!

Terry Funk was in a world of hurt as Mike Awesome pulled him away from the ropes and then began to climb to the top turnbuckle. Awesome came off with the AWESOME SPLASH, but Funk rolled out of the way! Both men were down and slow to recover. Awesome used the the ropes to help pull himself up as Funk climbed to his feet and charged in with a clothesline that sent both men tumbling back out to ringside! Funk staggered to his feet and stumbled into the time keeper as Awesome came from behind to grab him, but Funk had grabbed the ring bell and slung it back, connecting with Awesome's head! Awesome stumbled backwards, falling into the table Funk had previously set up. Funk rolled Awesome onto the table and then climbed to the apron...and then to the near turnbuckles! "Don't do this Terry!" Joey pleaded as the 57 year old headed to the top turnbuckle. Funk defied logic as he came off the top turnbuckle with MOONSAULT to the outside of the ring...but AWESOME rolled off the table and Funk crashed through the table at ringside as Styles let out one of his trademarked "OH MY GOD" exclamations.

Awesome pulled Funk from broken pieces of the table and rolled him back into the ring and simply finished him off with a Sitout Awesome Bomb in the middle of the ring. For Funk, there was no more kicking out. Awesome picked up the three count to get a big win over the legendary Terry Funk.

Post-match, Terry Funk managed to pull himself up on his own and found himself staring down the monster Mike Awesome…who surprisingly reached out and offered the legend his arm. Funk smirked and grabbed Awesome’s arm instead and lifted it up in victory as the crowd gave both of them a big ovation.

Another beatdown was going down backstage, as BG James found himself on the receiving end of a mauling from Brian Adams and Bryan Clark! Clark picked Adams up and slammed him head first into the wall before the duo finished him off with the High Times through a concessions table! Security finally ran in as KroniK headed off – clearly proud of their work as Jeff Jarrett ran in to check on his friend – but it sure looked like Jarrett was going to be on the search for another partner once again.

WCW Tag Team Titles Match: The Mamalukes (c) (w/Mike Sanders) vs. Hugh Morrus & Rey Mysterio

It's our first of three title matches of the evening as Hugh Morrus was looking to help right the wrong he had committed last month by basically handing the Mamalukes the tag titles in the first place. With Mike Sanders at ringside, the numbers advantage was still going to favor the champs but Morrus and Mysterio weren't backing down. They took the fight straight to the champs, having the advantage early which was enough to send both Vito and Johnny The Bull to ringside to regroup. But Rey Mysterio wasn't having that as he dove through the ropes with a suicide dive onto both members of the Mamalukes to take them down! Mike Sanders walked over and tried to help his team up...as Hugh Morrus climbed to the top turnbuckle and perhaps was getting inspiration from the trios match earlier as he dove off the top rope with a crossbody out of the ring! The nearly 300-pounder soared off the ropes and collected The Mamalukes AND Mike Sanders!

Things settled back down in the ring as Morrus brought The Bull back in and took control, picking up a nearfall of a sidewalk slam. Morrus would eventually tag in Rey climbed ontop of Hugh's shoulders before leaping off into a splash on Bull and going for the pin, but Vito broke it up. Rey would continue the momentum built by his partner until Vito gave Rey a cheapshot knee to the back as he bounced off the ropes, allowing Bull to recover and flip Rey over with a stiff running clothesline. Bull tagged in Vito and we entered the heat segment on Rey as they took turns dishing out some punishment to the smaller wrestler. But Rey's heart kept him in the match, kicking out every time Vito or Bull went for the pin.

After laying out Mysterio with a hard spinebuster, Johnny the Bull attempted another pinfall on Rey only to have Mysterio kick out just after two once again. Mike Sanders showed signs of frustration at ringside with their inability to put Mysterio away once and for all. Looking to keep Mysterio grounded, Bull locked in a resthold chinlock to the luchador but Morrus began to rally the crowd from the apron, slowly getting Mysterio to his feet trying to fight his way out only for Bull to grab Mysterio by the mask and slam him back down to the mat. The Bull continued on the attack, soon laying out Mysterio with a side suplex before heading to the top rope and looking for a flying leg drop, but Mysterio rolled out of the way! Both Vito and Mysterio were down, it became a race to make the hot tag..., and it was The Bull making it to the corner first, tagging in Vito. Vito charged in and tried to stop Mysterio from tagging in Morrus but Mysterio grabbed the tag at the last second with a big leap.

Vito immediately backed off as Morrus entered the ring, but Morrus charged in and took down Vito with a big clothesline. Just for safe measure, Morrus took on the Bull too - lifting him up and slamming him to the mat with a body slam. Morrus cleaned house of both members of the tag team champions before lifting Johnny the Bull up into a Gorilla Press and tossing him out of the ring onto Mike Sanders at ringside! Morrus turned his attention back to Big Vito, laying him out with a powerbomb before pointing to the top turnbuckle. Morrus made the climb to the top turnbuckle - NO LAUGHING MATTER to Vito! Morrus didn't go for the pin immediately, however - as Mike Sanders rolled into the ring and tried to put a stop to the match to save the titles. But he ran into a clothesline from Morrus! Morrus grabbed Sanders and headed over to Rey, tagging in Mysterio before lifting Sanders up into a shoulder lift. Mysterio climbed to the top turnbuckle and leap frogged Sanders/Morrus hitting a rana to Sanders off of Morrus' shoulders!

With Sanders disposed of and Vito struggling on the outside, it was time for Mysterio to get the pin over Bull and take back the tag team titles. Mysterio got to his feet...and received a KICK TO THE GROIN from Hugh Morrus! Tenay and Styles were in shock as Mysterio's partner for the night prevented Mysterio from falling over only to lift him up and drive him into the mat with a POWERBOMB! The crowd met the former loveable misfit with loud boos as he rolled out of the ring. He slowly walked up the aisle as The Bull took advantage, lifting Mysterio up into a Gorilla Press and dropping him down into the Fuh-get-about-it powerslam. Bull hooked the leg and picked up the three to retain the titles for the Mamalukes!

All the while, Hugh Morrus watched on from the ramp with a grin on his face. He turned back towards the entrance where Tony Schiavone walked out to greet Morrus. The two stared each other down before embracing with a hug. Styles and Tenay were still in disbelief as the boos reigned down on both Schiavone and Morrus as they cemented their apparent alliance with a handshake as well before heading to the back together.

Backstage, Shawn Stasiak, was preparing to head to the ring when Chuck Palumbo confronted him – not too happy about Stasiak being nowhere to be found in his match with Sean O’Haire earlier. Stasiak apolozed to his partner but noted that he had “bigger fish to fry” because tonight was all about him getting the US Title. Stasiak told Palumbo he’d make it up to him, of course, and that hopefully he understood. Palumbo nodded and assured Stasiak that he had his back.

WCW United States Title Match: Rob Van Dam (c) vs. Shawn Stasiak (w/Stacy Keibler)

Having been declaring himself the "uncrowned US Champion" for over a month now, for Shawn Stasiak it was time to put his money where his mouth was going up against one of WCW's newer stars and current US Champion, Rob Van Dam. Stasiak struggled early to match pace with RVD, who used his speed and agility to out maneuver and get the upperhand on the Natural Born Thriller. RVD seemed to be having little trouble picking apart Stasiak, but after being on the receiving end of a rolling clothesline to the corner followed by a monkeyflip, Stasiak would receive some help in the form of his valet and girlfriend, Stacy Keibler. Keibler picked up the US title at ringside and began to dance seductively on the apron with it - causing RVD ire more than anything, but it was enough to distract both RVD and the referee for Stasiak to recover and leap onto RVD's back, raking his eyes before taking him down with an inverted facebuster to the mat.

Stasiak took control of the US Champ, showing off some of his own strength as he would soon lift RVD up into a vertical suplex, holding him in midair while taunting the crowd before finally dropping him to the mat. But Stasiak's control of the match would eventually be brought to a halt thanks to his own ego as he flaunted his muscles to the crowd and stopped to pose and impress Stacy at ringside. Despite having the chance to go for the pin off of a Hangman's Neckbreaker, Stasiak had chosen to mock the crowd which allowed RVD time to recover so that when for the PerfectPlex, RVD rolled him up into a small package instead! One, Two, thre...Stasiak was able to kick out.

Panicked, Stasiak unleashed a flurry of rights and lefts to RVD as he tried to get to his feet before taking RVD down with a clothesline. Stasiak quickly headed to the top rope and went for a crossbody, but RVD met him in midair with a spinkick! After showing off some more of his foot work with a modified spinning heel kick, RVD got a nearfall on Stasiak using a bridging Northern Lights Suplex. Chuck Palumbo headed down to the ring as Stacy Keibler signaled that her boytoy needed some help, but when Palumbo entered the ring, RVD immediately took him down with a Windmill Kick! Stasiak attacked RVD from behind with that brief opening and lifted him up into a fireman's carry, looking for a Death Valley Driver, but RVD slid down Stasiak's back hit a release German Suplex to Stasiak! With Stasiak down, RVD took advantage with a Rolling Thunder into a somersault splash before heading to the top turnbuckle. FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH to Stasiak was enough to put his challenger away for the three as RVD successfully retained.

As Rob Van Dam celebrated in the ring, Jeremy Borash had caught up with WCW World Champion Booker T backstage. Booker T was all set and ready to go for Lance Storm tonight – promising that inside the cage, the results would be no different than last month. Booker T was preparing himself for whatever or whoever was thrown at him tonight because he didn’t pretend to know what side Storm was on or what Tony Schiavone was planning with the likes of KroniK and now Hugh Morrus. But that’s why Booker was glad that steel cage was going to be around the ring tonight to keep the distractions out and Booker T can focus on what matters – retaining his WCW World Title. Now can you dig that, SUCKAAAAA?!

Tony Schiavone lead the destructive duo of KroniK down to the ring first as we're left to wonder how Jarrett will respond to his only "friend" in the locker room being assaulted backstage. Would he surface a last minute replacement after struggling in the first place? As Jeff Jarrett made his way to the ring, he certainly didn't look to worried as he carried out his acoustic guitar in his left hand and played to the crowd along the way.

Once in the ring, Tony Schiavone took the microphone and addressed Jarrett. Tony wanted to know just who was going to be teaming with Jarrett tonight. But Tony stated he already knew the answer - no one. Because Jeff Jarrett had spent the last 2 years in WCW making nothing but enemies. Tony blasted Jarrett for being one of the "worst" WCW Champions of all time and that if anyone brought about WCW's downfall - it was him using "his stroke" to get unearned title shots. He went on to say Jarrett was lucky to have a job because history has shown WCW is better off without him. And after all the backstabbing Jarrett has done, no one is EVER going to trust him. So Tony offered Jarrett the chance to tuck his tail between his legs and head back to the locker room before things got ugly.

"Ya see, that's where you're wrong - Tony Schiavone" Jarrett said with a grin. He admitted once again that yes, he's never going to be voted locker room favorite and he has made a lot of mistakes and his fair share of enemies...but he said he never goes into a fight without a plan...without some backup. And tonight, he DOES have a partner...someone who's never failed me and in fact, he's already in the ring now!

Tony looked around, as well as both Adams and Clark, expecting a surprise from behind...but Jarrett finished "My Acoustic Equalizer!" Jarrett shoved Tony out of the way and smashed the guitar across Brian Adams' head! Adams dropped to the floor as Tony headed for the safety of ringside. Jarrett turned his attention to Bryan Clark and the pair slugged away at one another, with Adams getting the upperhand and sending Jarrett into the corner. A referee was now in position, as it appeared the match was on...and Clark charged in, but Jarrett moved out of the way - causing Clark to crash into the ring turnbuckles. Jarrett unloaded a flurry of punches to Clark. Jarrett would go for a boot to the midsection, but Clark blocked it only to have Jarrett hit an enziguri that only brought Clark down to a knee. Jarrett grabbed a handful of Clark's hair and pulled him to the middle of the ring where he hooked him for a suplex, but Clark blocked it and hit a vertical suplex to Jarrett instead!

Clark put some boots to Jarrett before pulling Jarrett up and Irish whipping him into the ropes. Jarrett ducked a clothesline from Clark, bounced off the opposite ropes and telegraphed a backdrop attempt by Clark by grabbing him by the head and taking him to the mat with a swinging neckbreaker! But before Jarrett could claim any type of momentum - Brain Adams had recovered and hit a BIG BOOT out of nowhere to take Jarrett down to the mat. As Adams unloaded on Jarrett, Clark would soon join in to completely overwhelm the former "Chosen One."

While the referee's attempt to discourage the double teaming fell on deaf ears, KroniK would soon pulled the battered Jarrett to his feet and grab him by the throat for the High Times. But before they could lift him up, Dustin Rhodes slid into the ring armed with a steel chair! Rhodes blasted Clark across the back with a chairshot and then it was a chairshot to the chest to Adams from Rhodes! The referee naturally had to call for the bell as Clark swung a right hand at Rhodes only for Rhodes to duck it and crack the chair across his chest as well! Adams and Clark both rolled out of the ring to regroup at ringside with Schiavone as Rhodes stood tall in the ring.

While Tony Schiavone instructed KroniK to head to the back - Jeff Jarrett was pulling himself to his feet, noticing that it was Rhodes who came to his aid. But Rhodes clearly wanted to let Jarrett know that they still weren't friends...as he cracked the chair across Jarrett's chest as well! Rhodes tossed the chair to the mat and left the ring alone.

As we prepared for the Main Event – a promo aired for FALL BRAWL which would feature the return of WAR GAMES in September, followed by a special announcement from WCW Championship Committee Chairman Sting that in August, Clash of the Champions would return and would feature the return of the BattleBowl to determine a number one contender to the WCW World Title!

WCW World Title Cage Match: Booker T (c) vs. Lance Storm

The cage lowered down from above as a reminder that this was all designed to keep KroniK and Tony Schiavone from sticking their nose into Booker T's business again. While they have been causing chaos throughout WCW for the last month - Booker T and the world title scene especially had been their main focus. Both competitors were eager to start the match - Lance Storm clearly focused on trying to do what he couldn't do at Bash at the Beach while Booker T had a hungry competitor and a 15 foot high steel cage between himself and retaining his WCW World Heavyweight Title. Mike Tenay provided the rules - a win could be pinfall or submission but also by escaping the cage!

While one referee stayed in the ring, another held the key to the locked door at ringside. Things got under way innocently enough with some chain wrestling back and forth between Storm and Booker - not something you expect to see every day inside a cage but Styles made sure to point out that Storm was looking to show that he was the superior wrestler. Booker T held his own in the back and forth, but when he attempted a back suplex to Booker, the champ flipped over and landed on his feet before taking Storm to the mat with a spinning heel kick. Booker T took control of his challenger before eventually attempting a Stinger Splash to a cornered Storm only to have Storm moved out of the way. Booker collided hard with the turnbuckles and Storm took advantage, grabbing Booker by the head and tossing him into the side of the cage. Storm would go on to work over Booker some more in the corner with some stiff edge chops only to Booker battle his way out with some right hands to stagger Storm until Booker could grab Storm by the head and now toss HIM into the side of the cage. Storm was left staggering as Booker gave him a kick to the midsection and bounced off the ropes looking for the Scissors Kick, but Storm moved out of the way and took Booker to the mat with a clothesline instead!

Storm continued on the attack, soon grabbing a downed Booker by the legs and catapulting him into the side of the cage! Booker dropped back to the mat as Storm bounced off the ropes and dropped a knee down across Booker's chest. Storm continued to have control over the champion and after a swinging neckbreaker - Storm began his first ascent up the side of the cage but was quickly stopped by Booker who grabbed Storm from behind with a back suplex off the side of the cage! With momentum swinging back in the champion’s way, he mounted Storm and began to repeatedly punch his challenger in the top of the head before climbing to the top turnbuckle. Storm slowly staggered to his feet as Booker came off with a Missle Dropkick! Storm flopped to the canvas as Booker used the ropes to get to his feet and now he climbed the turnbuckles and began to try and ascend the cage, but this time Storm was there to stop him, climbing the turnbuckles as well. Booker and Storm battled at the top of the turnbuckles before Lance grabbed Booker by the head and drove him head first into the solid steel of the corner of the cage and then it was a SUPERPLEX to the canvas from Storm! Storm managed to roll over and get cover on Booker - One, Two, Th...shoulder up by Booker!

Both men were slow to recover but it was Storm up first, putting the boots to Booker T as he was trying to recover. Storm pulled Booker in and would attempt a suplex, only to have Booker fight it off with a pair of knees to Storm's midsection to double Storm up. Booker bounced off the ropes and connected with the Scissor Kick to Storm! Storm hit the mat and Booker utilized his SPINAROONIE to get back to his feet! Storm pulled himself back up as Booker went for the Harlem Side Kick - but Storm caught the leg! Storm performed a single legsweep of Booker and rolled him over into the Canadian Mapleleaf! The referee checked in on Booker to see if he was going to submit, which he quiet audibly refused. Booker pulled himself up onto his arms and muscled his way to the ropes. However, Storm refused to break the hold - which Styles informed us we completely legal since there was no DQ in a cage match. Storm kept applying the pressure to Booker's knee as the camera zoomed in on the pain going through the champion on his face.

Storm would eventually release the hold and headed to the opposite side of the ring to try and climb out of the cage. However, while Booker was struggling to get to his feet, he began to crawl towards the door, which was much closer! Storm noticed Booker's escape as the referee unlocked the cage and quickly jumped back down to cut Booker off. He grabbed Booker by the leg, pulled him back to the opposite side of the ring, and looked to turn him back over into the Canadian Mapleleaf, but Booker used his free leg to kick Storm off into the corner! Booker rolled to his feet and charged in with a shoulder thrust to the cornered Storm. Booker backed up and charged in towards Storm again, but Storm got his boot up! Storm pulled himself up onto the top turnbuckle as Booker was left rocked. Storm came flying off the top rope only to be caught by Storm who then lifted him up and slammed him to the mat with the BOOK END!

Booker couldn't immediately capitalize immediately to make a pinfall as he was too winded, but he finally got to his feet and headed for the cage wall. Booker was slow to make the climb, giving Storm enough time to recover as well. As Booker got to the top of the cage, he threw one foot over to the other side and sat on top of the cage as Lance Storm made his way up as well. Storm pulled himself even with Booker and the duo faced each other in the precarious position atop the cage. Storm and Booker traded right hands until Storm reached over and raked the eyes of Booker, leaning Booker over the cage back towards the ring while Storm began to position himself to climb down. However, Booker grabbed Storm's other leg before he could and pulled Storm back on the other side of the cage before lifting him up and falling forward so that Storm fell crotch first across the ring ropes while Booker fell back to the ring!

Storm fell back into the ring, holding his nether regions in pain as Booker summoned the energy for a second SPINAROONIE! Storm pulled himself up to his feet and walked right into the HARLEM SIDE KICK from Booker! Booker went for the pin - could he retain here - One, Two, Thre....KICKOUT by Storm! Booker sat up on his knees but wasted no time as he pulled Storm to his feet and locked him in for a second Bookend, but Storm countered with a kick to the groin of Booker T! Booker T doubled over in pain and Storm took him down with a stiff SUPERKICK! Booker dropped to the mat while Storm fell to his knees in exhaustion.

Storm climbed up the ropes and began to make his way up the side of the cage while Booker T now recovered and made his way over to stop Storm. Booker climbed the turnbuckles and grabbed Storm's legs, pulling him back over the side of the cage once again. The two competitors once again exchange blows until Booker ducked a right hand from Storm, hooked him and leaped off the top rope with a TOP ROPE BOOKEND to Lance Storm! Both men were down but it was Booker who rolled over first and was able to make the cover – ONE…TWO…THREE! Booker T had survived the cage match and once again retained the WCW Title over Lance Storm!

Booker T sat up to his knees as the crowd gave him a stand ovation for his successful title defense. But as he began to get to his feet, Tony Schiavone walked out from the back with KroniK and Hugh Morrus joining him down the aisle. The cage door now unlocked as the referee tried to give him his title, Booker T got to his feet and waved the referee off. Despite the toll the cage match took on him, Booker signaled he was ready for a fight. But before “the goon squad” as Mike Tenay so lovingly referred to them as, could enter the ring – Lance Storm came up from behind with a chopblock to Booker T's legs to take Storm down to the mat!

Hugh Morrus decked the ringside referee with a right hand to get him out of the way and he, Clark, and Adams entered the ring to join Lance Storm to make it a 4 on 1 assault of the WCW World Champion inside the cage.

Meanwhile, Tony Schiavone picked the pocket of the downed referee to find the padlock to the cage and proceeded to lock the door shut! With the entrance cut off – Storm, Morrus, and KroniK were not letting up on Booker T. After a HIGH TIMES from KroniK, Storm rolled Booker over into the Canadian Mapleleaf. Morrus, Adams, and Clark put the boots to the back of Storm as well while he was trapped in the submission.

Rob Van Dam rushed down to the ring to try and come to Booker’s aid and was soon joined by Rey Mysterio and Jeff Jarrett but found themselves unable to get into the cage while Schiavone watched with a grin.

While Styles lamented that the PPV had run out of time but encouraging us to tune into Nitro…RVD, Mysterio and Jarrett were beginning to try to climb up the side of the cage to make the save for Booker as we faded to black!
    Last edited by Saint Dubb; 01-24-2020 at 06:11 PM.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Smart for Bash At The Beach to be out of Vegas. LOL at the idea of being out of there because there are no beaches, but I also think slowly beginning to visit different locations is a sign of the company getting back on track.

Opening up with Cruiserweight action makes perfect sense because WCW. I just want to mention that this Lucha God gimmick with Chavo is awesome, and his disciples bowing down to him during their entrance is a fantastic visual, love that shit. As for the match itself, obviously fast paced as you’d expect, and I like the idea of the heels winning here. They’re still a relatively new group so it’d probably do some damage if they lost so early on, plus this gives the faces ammo to chase for longer. Worth mentioning that Chavo playing possum is such a typical Guerrero thing, but also doesn’t make Juvi lose any face really. Great start to the PPV.

Holy shit! I never really thought about BG James, but Roadie being Jarrett’s partner is definitely an inspired choice. Not because it’s overly epic or anything, but the nostalgia is real.

Much like the opener for the night, I think you booked this match between the former partners’s perfectly. After what happened at GAB and during the build up to this, O’Haire just HAD TO win this one. The fact the match was mostly a brawl probably puts over the hatred these two have for each other. Stacy being used as a shield on the outside was a nice heel spot to allow Palumbo to get some advantage also. But like I said, this ticked the box, right man went over.

Mysterio and Morrus interview here was lovey dovey as, but makes sense with the angle that’s going on. No issues with this, all good.

If there was ever a match I didn’t care about on the card, it’s this tag team match between the relatively young teams. I get why it’s here and from a booking stand point it makes sense in the bigger scheme of things, but just no real heat here. Anyway, the four would have put on a good match, and it’s a good win for Air Raid. I wasn’t sure if you’d delay this victory and try and make this feud a slightly bigger deal with a rubber match, but clearly you’re all in on Air Raid at this point… But, you know, AJ Styles so I get it.

I should also mention that hopefully the arguing between Romeo and Skipper means that Skipper will drop the dead weight and become a breakout star lol… The guy is THE MAN.

Lance Storm promo was really good here, considering how pro Canada he is, I really liked the fact he claimed this is bigger than Canada. Puts the WCW Title over as the biggest thing ever which it’s supposed to be. LMAO at the Charismatic Canadian line, that was gold. The confrontation with Mike Awesome at the end here was epic, and Awesome gunning after Storm would certainly make for some fun reading.

I don’t mean to gush over you too much here, but York and Matthews being part of the new 3 Count with Shannon Moore is amazing as well. Lol’d at the comparison to Norman Smiley, and whilst this was just here for a laugh, it made Funk’s eventual entrance epic, with him taking down all three. Again, regarding this Hardcore challenge, it did exactly what it needed to. It delivered a Hardcore match, Funk showed off resilience, and Awesome looks like a million bucks picking up the win. If I had one maybe little criticism, it’s that I think the match should have ended on a big spot. After some of the stuff Funk survived/kicked out of, a standard Awesome Bomb in the middle of the ring to finish maybe felt a little anti climatic. Still, a good win for Awesome, who’s really growing on me in this current role, and the show of respect with Funk afterwards was a nice touch, further putting Mike over as a face.

Kronik strikes again… Damn. BG James cops it, but I think this allows for my prediction of Rhodes making the save coming true.

Tag title match was solid enough and going along quite nicely, with Mysterio copping the heat segment, before Morrus cleaned house. I honestly never suspected Morrus to turn on Rey so quickly, but boom, what a fucking swerve. The Mamaluke’s escape with the gold, and Morrus joins Fat Tony? Unexpected shit here that’s for sure. You’ve certainly delivered a shock here, and I can’t wait to hear the explanation for this partnership, could be a home run. On pure shock value for the PPV, this was executed well.

Not sure if this confrontation between Palumbo and Stasiak will go anywhere, but Stasiak telling Chuck he had bigger fish to fry rather than help him would surely piss him off, right? Palumbo didn’t show it in his reaction so not sure if this is just a by the numbers segment, or whether it will lead somewhere. I’m watching this space anyway. Also, where’s Stacy? Surely she’d be around these two somewhere.

Damn son. This US Title match put over Van Dam hard, and really made Stasiak and Palumbo look like chumps. They feel like they are your entire heel mid card at this point, so not sure if that’s a smart move or not. But basically, the way this match went down, RVD dominated, due to an awesome Stacy distraction (she will always be my fav woman in wrestling) Stasiak gets the advantage, RVD takes back over, drops Palumbo’s interference right away, and then finishes Stasiak. Van Dam looks invincible which is great for him, but yeah, I don’t think this did any favours for the heels.

A good promo from Booker, really selling the steel cage aspect of the main event. I’d almost forgotten about the cage element, which makes me think that Storm promo earlier should have mentioned it at some point as well.

Fat Tony’s promo here was pretty damn scathing on Jarrett. The talk of his backstage antics and his shitty title reigns, a real shoot which I enjoyed. Jarrett using his guitar as his partner is bad ass, but obviously Kronik were always going to get on top in a two on one scenario. So he wasn’t his partner, but Rhodes making the save kind of semi makes my prediction right… I guess. Rhodes beating up Kronik with the chair was great, but I LOVE the fact that he smashed Double J with it afterwards as well. I think this will eventually become a battle between two teams, but it’s clear it’s going to take some time for Rhodes to trust Jarrett. Again, this did everything it needed to for me, great job.

War Games has a real Team Fat Tony vs. Team WCW feel about it at the moment!

Main event time, and I thought for the most part, the main event was solid. If anything, maybe it didn’t stand out and was a little uninspiring. I think it just lacked that slight touch to take it over the edge. Actually honestly, I just think it felt a little less brutal than a cage match should. I think we needed more use of the cage as a weapon, and some blood to really put this over as a big deal. Don’t get me wrong, the high impact moves off of the cage and stuff were done well, but I think this could have went to the next level with more brutality.

Still, I actually enjoyed the match starting with chain wrestling, and I thought the no rope break rule with the Mapleleaf was a terrific spot as well. As much as I love Storm, Booker was always winning this though.

The aftermath with the 4 on 1 attack, before the faces try and make the save was nice. LOVE the idea of Fat Tony loving the fact that the faces couldn’t get into the cage. Not giving away too much, and having the cavalry climbing the cage as the show goes off the air is the perfect ending as well, leaving plenty to the imagination. Wrestling needs to go back to doing shit like this nowadays. In my eyes, War Games has suddenly really taken some shape too.

Honestly, I mentioned a few little nit picky things throughout, but this is a great read and a great BTB. Your writing style is a breeze to get through, and your booking is pretty much spot on throughout. I’m all in with this, fantastic stuff throughout the first two months in thread time, capped off with a great PPV here. Looking forward to what’s next, Dubb.

Jam Up Guy

Status

Straight off the bat, just wanna say those segment dividers look great. Not a huge change, but one that makes a massive difference to the ease of reading it. Good stuff.

Anyway, on to the important stuff, the content. The 6 man Cruiser match HAD to be the opener. You can't have a match like that on the card and not use it to pump the crowd up. I'm absolutely loving this Chavo Guerrero arc as well. You've got to give focus to guys you might not have looked at 2 years ago, and this is a great way to do it. Absolutely love this character, love him being worshiped like a god, and especially love him cheating to win at the end of it all. Perfect start imo.

Ah, so it's Road Dogg who is teaming with Jarrett. Not the most exciting choice as I was sure you were going to debut someone completely new, but it makes sense with their history.

O'Haire had to win this one. The swerve of Stasiak winning last month was a fantastic way to elevate someone different, but O'Haire is where the money is, and he was never eating another loss. Great placement on the card too btw, starting with the Cruiser spotfest then having a couple of big lugs to bring the crowd down a little. That's the kind of stuff which doesn't seem super important but will win nerds like me over every time.

Really liked the Rey and Hugh promo. Just good honest character work there.

I'm glad Air Raid went over. Air Paris can do one for all I care, but AJ is at the heart of what the evolution of the CW division will become, so it was nice to see him get a moment to shine. And, again, match placement is solid.

You know, that Lance Storm promo was actually excellent. In fact, I thought it was so well written that I find it hard to believe Lance Storm could deliver it. Really enjoyed the whole thing about this being bigger than Canada, but the highlight was the story headline. That was fantastic, and again, almost too good for a charisma vacuum like Lance Storm.

Lol that bit with Shannon Moore trying to get in on the Hardcore match and having Terry Funk get in there first was fantastic. It's a small touch that a lot of people wouldn't have bothered with, but it just adds a sense of character to your whole company, and a sense of fun that was missing from WCW as things started to spiral. Again, it sounds like a small thing, but it's that kind of stuff that wins me over as a fan.

The match itself was excellent, too. It did everything you'd want it to. Terry Funk got to look decent and get the pop for being there and putting up a fight, but ultimately this was about having Mike Awesome look like your next big thing. The only thing that didn't quite work for me was the ending. I'm guessing you finished it on a simple Powerbomb s Funk could get up and raise Awesome's arm at the end, but it felt like a slightly cold ending after all the spots. I wanna see Funk be Powerbombed out of the ring through a table or something! You built a great match, but it didn't end up building to a crescendo for me. I appreciate the idea behind Funk raising Awesome's arm, but I think finishing the match with something crazy would have left the match feeling liek it went out on a high note, which would have done more to get Awesome over. And you can always have Funk come out on Nitro to raise his arm or something if you want.

Ah, so maybe it isn't BG James after all in that tag match. One tiny thing to note - I've noticed a couple of times the first word of some bolded sentences isn't bold, or vice versa. It's not a big deal by any means, but something to keep an eye out for when editing as it's come up half a dozen times so far I think.

Whoa, did NOT expect that Hugh turn. I thought there was a chance this was all part of a long con by Mike Sanders, but never saw him aligning with Tony. Interesting twist for sure. I don't know how I feel about it yet and will probably have to wait until it's all paid off before I know, but it was a shocking twist that makes sense and was entertaining, so I give you kudos for that for sure.

RVD was always going over, and Stasiak is a decent enough name to do that with after he'd beaten O'Haire. I liked Stacy being the one to get Stasiak on the offence, and if I'm being honest, I feel like there's a better use for her. You're so short on big stars, Stacy is the kind of character that probably could be if you wanted, and like RVD, association with Shawn Stasiak is only going to harm you unless you use it to elevate you to something better pretty quickly.

See, this generic Booker T promo is why that Lance Storm one was almost TOO good to be coming form him. I don't have a problem with Booker giving a generic babyface pre-match promo, but the fact that Lance Storm of all people is out-doing him on the mic doesn't feel all that authentic to me. Yup, you're at the point that I'm complaining about me enjoying stuff too much. This is now officially great.

That whole Jarrett and Kronik thing was good fun. Shame we didn't get a match but this was probably even better. Love Dustin being the saviour and yet taking Jarrett out at the end as well. Now you have Dustin and Double J both as these really interesting characters who aren't behaving as you'd expect and yet completely consistently with how they've been built to this point. That's honestly terrific.

That's awesome that War Games is being used, and it's rightful place at Fall Brawl as well. If anything, I'd probably prefer you had the need for War Games first and then booked the match after, rather than "we'll have the match, but who is going to be put in it?" But that's nitpicking, really.

Very strong Cage Match. It was possibly lacking something in the brutality stakes, as it felt the focus was more on kick outs and spots than good old fashioned violence, but again, that's a nitpick. I loved the use of the Book End off the top to finish it, that's exactly the kind of move that is worthy of winning the match and yet does no harm to the guy losing to it (as it makes them seem special for needing that kind of move to be put away). Strong main event, even if the result wasn't ever really in danger for me.

Hang on, so is the mystery of "who is working with Tony" just Lance Storm? I can't tell if I've missed something or misunderstood the intentions somewhere, but it felt like there was this whole thing about who Kronik were working for, and if that was just Storm, who has lost 2 back to back title matches, that's not a super exciting reveal for me. Lance is fine as a placeholder main eventer while you rebuild, but having him be the central point of this big angle you have going on with Tony Skee-a-vone feels like a missed opportunity when you could have done something to really announce "WCW IS BACK!" As it is, it's just the same guy who has main evented (and lost) two PPV matches already since the return.

Also, and this could just be my confusion about the intentions here, if Lance Storm being with Tony was the big reveal, it doesn't feel like it was particularly played up in any way. Storm just Chop Blocks him and they do the beatdown as a group. I could have used more commentary to really sell it, or a line of text about "it was Lance Storm all along!", or having Lance and Tony hug or something. If it wasn't Lance who has been aligned with them and this isn't supposed to be a big deal, then maybe spell out that Storm is just joining in the beatdown as he hates Booker T. As it stands, I don't really know what I'm supposed to feel at this point.

What I will say is the image of Jarrett, Rey and RVD rushing down to save Booker and going off the air before they did was tremendous. There's our War Games match, and what a match that will be! And I love that Jarrett, Rey and RVD are the guys being included here, they're 3 of the guys who can easily be positioned as your main eventers without much work.

Overall... what a PPV this was. I've had a couple of aspects of constructive criticism, but they were mostly pretty minor stuff and, up to the post match of the main event I'd say this was booked pretty impeccably. I think you're still lacking that big "WOW!" moment for this to trouble the "Show of the year" awards this time next year, but the fact that I'm even talking about you in that breath on your second page in January is a sign of how highly I thought of this. I am all in on this thread, mate. If you can find that thing which really pops this bad boy wide open and well and truly announces WCW is past circling the drain, you're going to be on to something really special here. Top work.

What A Maneuver!

Status

Alright man, time to drop some long overdue comments for your thread. Firstly, I love the premise, everything about this new inception of WCW. Tony Schiavonie is one of your best book individuals, and I’m excited to see where the story leads with him. Pushing under-used guys such as Lance Storm is a huge bonus too, as I’m all for pushing under-the-radar type guys and giving them some recognition.

The only minor nitpick I have, (and it’s very minor) is I think you could benefit from adding some color to the show. Spruce it up. This is a big show, and the content is great. But I think it would be good for some things to pop out with color, such as the header for the matches, big moves, and backstage segments. Everything in plain black and white could work for Nitro, but for a PPV it should have a bigger feel, if that makes any sense. That’s all I got in the nitpick department, so let’s take a look at BATB.

Great way to kick things off with the Cruisers. Much like Zoom-E, I am sure you know what you’re doing when it comes to WCW as everything leading up to this point has been spot on. I love putting the Cruisers first to get the ball rolling. The match itself was a nice read. I love all six of these guys, and am glad to see names like Halloween and Damien aligned with Chavo. Fresh faces inside the ring, awesome action, great way to start the show.

I commend you for what seems to be the ascent of Sean O’Haire. I thought that guy had it all, and would eventually be a big star down the line. Here is your chance to showcase him, as I mentioned above, I’d put him in the same grouping with Lance Storm as guys that you could make the cornerstone of this new WCW. The match itself was about what you would see from these two. I was never big on Palumbo, but the main story here is O’Haire’s stock beginning to soar.

Morrus comes across as remorseful in this segment, but I still think he ends up turning on Rey. Either way, this odd pairing seems to fit in well as challengers.

Another awesome match with these two up and coming teams. I am glad you’re keeping Styles together with Paris for now. I know it must be hard to keep him in tag action when we all know what he would become, but I commend you on your patience to not hot-shot AJ into a big feud just yet.

This is the Mike Awesome I love to see! Booked as a complete monster on a war path, and not whatever the hell WCW tried to do with him as the fat chick thriller. Terry Funk came across as a very formidable opponent, and who doesn’t love a hoss brawl like these two put on? Funk taking a massive beating and keeps on going, which is what Terry Funk is all about. Funk raising Awesome’s hand in the end makes me think Funk may play somewhat of a protégé roll down the line for Awesome.

Great work with this Tag match. I had a feeling Morrus would be turning, and it definitely delivered. Schiavonie aligning with Morrus? That has all types of intrigue written all over it. Not really feeling The Mamalukes as Tag Champs right now, but that’s more of a personal preference. I see them more as place holders for the time being, transitional champs for a bigger tag team down the road.

RVD has been fun to read so far in this thread. Any thread with 2001 RVD in it has my attention, and he’s another guy that in time you can build your entire thread around. RVD was always winning here, as Stasiak is more of a flavor of the month opponent than anything else. Palumbo can’t help, and neither can Stacy, and in the end RVD easily wins- all great booking.

I find this entire storyline with Jarrett rather intriguing. I think it has a lot of potential…but the main story here is my guilty pleasure in wrestling-KRONIK! Crush and Adam Bomb, two of my favorite guys from WWF, tagging…there is nothing better than Kronik, in my opinion. Dustin coming out to help Jarrett, only to kick his ass once Kronik left the ring- a lot going on here. I’m excited to see this continue to progress over the next few weeks…

A lot going on over the next few months. War Games plus BattleBowl! What an exciting time in your thread!

Great Main Event all around. The story seems to be that Lance Storm keeps coming up short, although Booker T is your money guy right now, so no harm in keeping the title on him a bit longer. Great spots throughout the match, your match-writing style is very simplistic to read, very easy to follow along with. The classic WCW ending with the heels isolating the face inside the cage while the face’s buddies watch on, unable to do anything about it. Really great ending to the show.

So now we got Schiavonie and his crew running things right now, plus Booker T still the World’s champ. Jeff Jarrett is at a crossroads, as he doesn’t have anyone to turn to after burning every possible bridge. On top of that you have a STACKED mid-card led by RVD. All in all man, great show. Really a fun read, I’ll do my best to check in more regularly.

Indy Talent

Status

God damn right I'm double dipping :P I can't tout you up to this place as much as I have and then never be seen giving you feedback hahaha

I loved how you used the lucha rules for some fun chaos, and think adding the bold for the PPV matches was a great simple addition. I was just reading one of my old threads for kicks and giggles, and really hated how my PPVs were lacking things like that to make shit stand out more. I thought you had some great lucha, uh, lucha things in there to make the match great, with the Crazy PB taking the cake for me. Chavo stealing a win is perfect for the character, and DOG needed the win here. I love Chavo as the Lucha God, although I still wish it was Disciples of Lucha, instead of Guerrero, and Chavo is the Lucha God. IDK why, but it just makes Chavo seem that much more important. He's not the best Guerrero, he really is the Lucha God then. Trivial, at the end of the day haha.

Hell yes, I will always take Road Dogg in anything. I'm right there with 9to5 as a Roadie mark.

I'm more than okay with you just being realistic and saying this match was the sucks. They're both still very green at this point, tbf. O'Haire is the star though, and had to win it. I'm curious if it continues though, or if you're wiping your hands of it and trying to move O'Haire up the card a bit more. The midcard is definitely paper thin right now.

I low key love Skipper and Romeo, having only gained appreciation for them well after I wrote TTO (hence them like never appearing in it), but I get why you had them do the job here, as they are very much not the team to spotlight. You're not the kind of Booker to just Jesus push Styles, so I'm more than okay with AJ hitting the Spiral Tap for the winner, and another sufficient CW match.

I love your Lance Storm promos. I don't care what anyone else says, they're gold because it's Lance Storm poking fun at himself really, and that's the best. Plus, while he's monotone and bland, he still can totally do a job on the Mic.

I love the Norman Smiley call back, and will totally be okay with you bringing him back. Such a great character, and made everything work, no matter how stupid it was. The new 3 Count is being booked absolutely perfectly, and I'm all for it. Funk is a great pick since you didn't go outside the company, and I'm really glad you didn't bring in someone like Sandman, er, uh, Hak.

Thought the hardcore match was absolutely solid, with the broken barbed wire baseball bat spot taking the cake, and the obligatory terrible Terry Funk moonsault. I do agree that the ending should've probably been a bigger spot, even something like a running Awesome Bomb into a corner table would've been great, as you could still feasibily have the post match stuff without issue then. Still, the match itself is good, and the ending sets up what I'm all for: face bad ass Mike Awesome!

You asshole In truth, BG James was an absolutely underwhelming pick, and this is a great way to keep getting KroniK over and definitely set up Dustin Rhodes to help JJ out, so it served its purpose well.

Wow, fuck you Dubb. I totally feel for Rey Mysterio here, and did not see the swerve coming here. I had Schiavone and Morrus teaming up in my TTO continuation, with Schiavone doing something similar to this arc, so fuck you for doing it so much better! I'm all for the decision as Hugh is better as a heel with a manager versus being a face, despite MIA being an arc I enjoyed. The Tag Champs being a total afterthought in this is definitely strange, and I can't really think of who challenges them next. The Doomsday Device style Rana was terrific though. Loved that spot greatly.

Stasiak was obviously never winning this, and the match went as such. This could've easily been earlier on the card, but I get why you saved it, given the Palumbo/Stasiak segment before the match, which hopefully isn't the start of a break up or anything, as both need to stay heel right now. Probably the most underwhelming match of the night. RVD hasn't really caught fire in this yet.

The line for worst World Champion in the history of our sport was right there, and you missed it! For shame! You always have to take those moments to make Tony a caricature of himself I did love the set up for the acoustic equalizer to be the stand in partner for JJ, and Dustin Rhodes coming out in the way that he did. Doing what was right to help JJ against KroniK, but still waffle him with the chair afterwards was fantastic. I'm all for continuing this dynamic of no one buying into Jarrett having made any changes whatsoever, him having to prove himself, and Rhodes still feuding with him while also helping him. KroniK essentially take a beating while still being protected in this as well was handled very very well, I thought. You did a great job to still keep them looking great despite being run off here.

I'm definitely a bit mixed on the main event, sadly. I can see how you are indecisive on what exactly you wanted to do here, as it really showed in the ending, unfortunately. I liked the slow start/build to the match, although I think you were perhaps a bit too slow to incorporate the cage into things. I thought the big tumble from the top of the cage was a bit confusing and just felt kind of haggard. I think you could've easily just made that more crisp and use that to end the match. Booker seemingly fell from the top of the cage and just did the Spinaroonie right back to his feet. I think you can easily do that as a great moment, but it needed to feel spelled out a bit more. I like the big finish spot for what it was, however, and Booker did need to win this. I love Storm, but he just didn't feel ready yet.

The post match stuff though, I'm also decidedly mixed on. It felt like in the build up that Storm had made it clear he was NOT with Tony and co. But here it seems like he was in cahoots the whole time. I don't really buy that though, with how you booked it before the show. I could totally buy Storm, having just lost the title match again, impromptu deciding to try and side with Tony, and a stunned Tony going with it, but this came across like it was planned. That I didn't like. Maybe I should've gave better advice to that PM hahaha. I do LOVE that great ending though of the heroes climbing the cage to the rescue as the show ends. That's perfect WCW goodness.

I think overall this was a great show, despite the ending not being splendid. You have still made Tony Schiavone the most interesting character, which is just fantastic. I'm happy you finally got through this PPV since it was slowing you down quite a bit! Keep this bad boy going Dubb!

Curtain Jerker

Status

WCW Monday Nitro Preview

• Fallout from Bash At the Beach - Lance Storm answers the question - is he truly aligned with Tony Schiavone? And in what shape is WCW World Champion Booker T after the brutal attack on Sunday.
    • BattleBowl Qualfiers Begin!
    • A number one contender for Chavo Guerrero Jr's WCW Cruiserweight Title will be determined in a Triple Threat Elimination Match - Juventud Guerrera vs. Shane Helms vs. Super Crazy!
    • After battling each other on Sunday, Mike Awesome and Terry Funk team up in a 3-on-2 Handicap match against Shannon Moore, Christian York, & Joey Matthews!

WCW Tuesday Nitro on FX

July 17, 2001

Before the opening montage, a highlight reel from Bash at the Beach aired showing a mixture of brief clips and still photos from the event - emphasizing especially Hugh Morrus turning on Rey Mysterio and aligning with Tony Schiavone, Jeff Jarrett trying to take on KroniK by himself only to be saved (and then attacked himself) by Dustin Rhodes, and finally the World Title cage match with Booker T once again retaining his title against Lance Storm - but a post-match attack by Storm allowed for Schiavone's clients KroniK and Morrus to join Storm in a 4-on-1 assault on Booker inside the cage.

It was then Joey Styles alongside "The Professor" Mike Tenay welcoming us to the show where they promised a whole lot of fall out from Bash at the Beach and hopefully some answers about Tony Schiavone and his growing group. Styles also revealed that as much as we would love to hear from Rey Mysterio Jr. after what happened between him and Hugh Morrus at the Pay-Per-View, Mysterio was home in San Diego attending to some personal matters. There was also question about whether or not Booker T​​​​​​​ would be in any condition to show up tonight...

Cruiserweight Title #1 Contendership Elimination Match: Super Crazy vs. Juventud Guerrera vs. Shane Helms

But first, we have cruiserweight action and not just any cruiserweight action - one with ramifications! Two days ago, these three were teammates on the losing end of the trios match with Chavo and the Disciples of Guerrero, but despite the loss - the Championship Committee were impressed enough to put them against each other with a shot at the Cruiserweight Title on the line. Tenay noted that all three of these men were hungry to get their hands on Chavo - Helms having lost the title to him a month ago unfairly, Super Crazy was the first to be on the receiving end of "The Lucha God's" attacks, and Juvi definitely wanted another shot after Chavo's tainted pin of him on Sunday.

It was a hot, back and forth start as to be expected and featured some out of the ring antics as both Juvi and Crazy got to hit planchas out of the ring. The first elimination came as Helms found himself in a precarious position on the top rope after Juvi had thwarted his attempt to take a high risk move by falling across the top ring rope. Juvi was now joining Helms in the corner, setting him up for a superplex as he stood on the middle ropes. But before he could, Crazy came up from behind and grabbed Juvi in a waistlock...it was a BACK SUPERPLEX to Juvi...while Juvi brought Helms down with him off the top rope with a SUPERPLEX! All three men were down, but it was Crazy rolled back to his feet first. He looked to take advantage as he picked up Juvi for a Powerbomb, but Juvi countered with a rana! Juvi cradled Crazy's legs and picked up a surprise three count which eliminated Super Crazy from contention.

While a disappointed Crazy left the ring, Juvi turned his attention back to Helms. Juvi took command and after a couple of nearfalls, Juvi headed to the top turnbuckle and came flying off the top towards the recovering Helms, but Helms telegraphed it and caught Juvi with the Sugar Smack superkick! Juvi dropped to the mat as Helms was slow to be able to capitalize. He would eventually pull things together to attempt the Vertebreaker, but Juvi fought it off and shoved Helms into the ropes and took the former champ to the mat with a spinning heel kick. Juvi was back in control, but only for a few moments before he would attempt to lift up Helms for the Juvi Driver. Helms escaped, sliding down Guerrera's back. Sugar Shane grabbed the luchadore from beind and dropped him with the Nightmare on Helms Street! Back to his feet, Helms pulled Juvi back up once more and this time successfully dropped Guerrera with the Vertebreaker for the pin - One, Two, Three!

An exhausted Helms rolled to his knees and threw his arms up in the air, celebrating the hard fought victory. With that win, as Joey Styles would mention, Shane Helms would finally get his shot at winning back the WCW Cruiserweight Title that Chavo basically stole from him.

After the break, Joey Styles stood in the middle of the ring and welcomed out the man who came up "just short once again" Sunday at Bash at the Beach - Lance Storm! A solo Storm made his way down to loud boos from the WCW faithful. He joined Styles in the ring who wasted no time trying to get to the bottom of the post-match events from Bash - was Storm aligning himself with Tony Schiavone?

"If I can be serious for a minute..." Lance Storm said with his normal monotone demeanor. Storm went on to admit that he owed a lot of people an apology for what happened on Sunday night. "Normally I'm known for being a very 'level-headed' guy. I'm not to lose my cool." But Storm said that seeing that the WCW World Title had escaped his clutches once again...it sent him over the edge. And he did something he wasn't proud of. That post-match attack does not represent who Lance Storm is as a person or a competitor. He has let down all "his" fans who hold him to a certain standard of excellence as well as certain standard of morality. That moment of poor sportsmanship will never happen again. He once again denied any connection to Tony Schiavone - and that it was just a coincidence that they decided to join him..and again, Storm expressed his remorse.

"With that in mind - I would like to publically apologize to first the nation of Canada which I let down all its honorable people. Secondly, I want to apologize to my countless fans both here in Vegas and across the world. And finally...and most importantly, to Booker T. I hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me...and perhaps we can give it another go?"

Storm's apology was interrupted as Rob Van Dam made his way out to the ring. RVD hopped over the top rope and confronted Storm in the center of the ring. "How dumb do you think we all are?" RVD questioned as Storm stared back at RVD with no response. RVD said he was tired of hearing Storm spew out all that BS and that someone needed to put a stop to it. "You spent the past month telling us that you had nothing to do with Tony Schiavone or KroniK and yet you had no problem working hand in hand with them inside the cage. That wasn't just a case of poor sportsmanship - you guys were lookin' to end his damn career!" RVD said that his BS-meter was hitting max and he didn't buy Storm's apologies and neither does anyone else.

Lance retorted that he had come out tonight hoping to talk to Booker man to man, but it didn't look like Booker was able to make it. But that's okay - Storm pointed to RVD's US Title and said that he wouldn't mind having that belt back either...so if RVD has a problem with him - how about they settle their issues with a title match tonight? RVD smirked and said he wasn't born yesterday. He knew what Storm had in mind and he wasn't going to play into some Tony Schiavone lead trap....

"BBBBuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttt...on the other hand, I'd love nothin' more than to kick your ass!" So RVD agreed to the match - on one condition. The SECOND Tony Schiavone, Kronik, or Hugh Morrus as much as showed themselves at ringside, the match is thrown out by Disqualification. It's going to be a FAIR playing field. Storm, noting that he had little control over them since, after all, he isn't working with them...but that if that's what it took to get the title shot, he's on board. And with that - a US Title match was set up for later tonight on Nitro!

Shannon Moore lead Joey Matthews & Christian York down to the ring as Styles and Tenay showed a clip from Bash at the Beach where these three "attempted" to answer Mike Awesome's open challenge only to be thwarted by the man who would go on to face Awesome, the legendary Terry Funk. Once in the ring, Moore took the microphone. He put over himself as the "lead singer" of one of the "most popular boy bands in the history of music" - and had proven his ability to transition into a super successful solo act. But now...now that he's a "veteran" in the music and wrestling industry...it only made sense for him to pass his vast knowledge onto "the next generation" (Joey Styles: aren't these guys all the same age?). Moore officially introduced his recent "associates" as the next big thing in music - The BADstreet Boys! And tonight, he promised they would show what they were capable of in the ring!

The BADstreet Boys (Joey Matthews & Christian York) (w/Shannon Moore) vs. Mike Awesome & Terry Funk

While this had originally been advertised as a 3-on-2 handicap match, Tenay revealed that Moore had apparently weaseled his way out of the match, claiming to be suffering from a head injury after Funk's Piledriver on Sunday. Styles said a head injury would certainly explain a lot about Moore! But who could blame Moore for not wanting to be on the otherside of the ring against this duo after what they put each other through on Sunday. Funk and Awesome had ended their match with a handshake - the two developing some mutual respect from the hard hitting, hardcore affair they put each other through. Despite not teaming together before, Awesome and Funk looked impressive together as Matthews and York obviously stood no chance again them. They made fairly short work of the duo despite, though they did manage some offense against Funk before Awesome took over. In the end - Awesome continued his impressive run as he laid out Matthews with a Running Awesome Bomb before tagging Funk back in and Funk finished off York with the Piledriver. They both made a pinfall on their respective opponent - picking up stereo 1-2-3 counts for the decisive victory.

Post match, Awesome dared Shannon Moore to get into the ring but Moore was definitely having none of that.

After the commercials, we were treated with a "During the break" recorded segment where the victorious Mike Awesome and Terry Funk bumped into Lance Storm backstage. The former teammates had an awkward interaction at Bash at the Beach, and here Awesome once again promised Storm that he was watching him...and that it was smart for RVD or anyone to not trust Storm. Funk added that the WCW roster was paying VERY close attention to what Storm does tonight - and Storm better hope he's as "honorable" as he says he is, or there's going to be a lot of people wanting to kick his ass all the way back to Canada. Storm simple scowled and had no response as Awesome and Funk pushed past him back into the locker room.

Elsewhere backstage - WCW Champion Booker T had arrived to the arena but was showing signs of the damage done on Sunday as he was utilizing a crutch to help him walk. But nevertheless, the champ was in the building!

The Rules of BATTLEBOWL

BATTLEBOWL is upon us! In a few short weeks - on Saturday, August 12th - WCW would present an FX special CLASH OF THE CHAMPIONS featuring the return of BattleBowl. A video package then aired narrated by Mike Tenay showing highlights of old BattleBowls won by Sting, Big Van Vader, The Great Muta, and Diamond Dallas Page. Tenay then went over the rules of BattleBowl

-Over the next 4 weeks, a series of matches would occur where the winners will qualify for the BattleBowl Lethal Lottery.

-On August 12th, the qualifiers will be RANDOMLY inserted into 8 random lethal lottery tag teams who will then battle in four 2-on-2 contests.

-The winners will advance to the BattleBowl Finals - a 10 Man Battle Royal where the winner will be gauranteed a WCW World Title Shot!

Joey Styles did the math and questioned how 4 winning tag teams would equal 10 men? To which Tenay, responded - there would be two wrestlers who will earn the right to instantly qualify for the BattleBowl finals. And later tonight, WCW Championship Committee Chairman Sting would be on hand to reveal one of those two men!

Speaking of BattleBowl, Jeremy Borash was backstage with one of the men looking to qualify tonight - "Prime Time" Elix Skipper who was alongside his partner Kid Romeo. Borash asked about how Skipper was going to be able to put the recent losses of him and Romeo behind him to focus on the BattleBowl. Skipper called the BattleBowl a HUGE opportunity to put Prime Time in...well, the PRIME TIME. Skipper turned to his partner and with a hand on his shoulder, said they had done some good things together including being the first WCW Cruiserweight Tag Champs. But Skipper thought, and felt Romeo would agree, that their team had run its course and they should BOTH move on to bigger and better things - like having the eye on the grand prize of them all. Romeo seemed a little less excited about Skipper's decision, but Romeo agreed and set his sights on the BattleBowl as well. Romeo told Skipper he'd see him in the finals!

BattleBowl Qualfier: Elix Skipper vs. Sean O'Haire

These two were on completley different tracks lately as Skipper had been struggling in tag team action while O'Haire has a lot of momentum especially coming off a strong win over his former partner, Chuck Palumbo, at Bash at the Beach. Tenay also brought up that like O'Haire, Skipper is also a product of the WCW Power Plant. Despite a noticeable size disadvantage, Skipper held his own against O'Haire and surprisingly wrestled a clean match with O'Haire, not trying to cut any corners as he had been none to do while teaming with Romeo and even during the Team Canada days. After managing to get O'Haire down with a slingshot somersault lariat - Skipper would pick up a nearfall off of a double springboard moonsault. However, O'Haire would eventually overpower Skipper after blocking a Northern Lights Suplex and turning it into a stalling vertical suplex. O'Haire would eventually put Skipper away with a Crucifix Powerbomb followed by an ascent to the top turnbuckle for the Seanton Bomb! O'Haire picked up the three count and became the first person to qualify for the BattleBowl!

After the match, O'Haire left the ring and Kid Romeo came down to help his former partner to his feet. But instead of helping him, he lifted Skipper up onto his back and drove him into the mat with the Last Kiss (over the shoulder belly to back piledriver). Romeo stood over Skipper and could be heard telling his former friend "you don't end things - I DO!" Romeo slapped Skipper's fallen body before leaving the ring to boos from the crowd.

Tony Schiavone welcomed us back from the break as he brought out the daunting duo of KroniK along with his newest associate Hugh Morrus. The crowd met the foursome with loud boos as they made their way down to the ring. Schiavone took the microphone and asked that the crowd would please "shut the Hell up" so that he could talk. Schiavone promised weeks ago that he would make WCW and Bischoff pay for the way he was treated and that he would prevent Bischoff from running this place into the ground yet again. "Once upon a time, WCW was the greatest company in the history of this sport" but Bischoff ruined it. And those that don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. Luckily, Schiavone wasn't alone when it comes to people who aren't happy with the way Bischoff runs a company or have bones to pick with "the boss."

Schiavone handed the microphone over to Hugh Morrus. As the crowd booed Morrus for his attack on Rey on Sunday, Morrus explained his actions. He told Rey that "it was nothing personal" but that he just happened to be someone that needed to be made an example of. He explained that nothing he said when he "poured his heart out" to Rey was a lie. Everything he does - it IS for his family. And THIS...this is for his family. Morrus couldn't sit idly by and let WCW go under yet again...where would his paycheck come from then? And if Morrus ever wanted to make it to the top of this business - he wasn't going to do it by being the "joke" of the company. For years, Morrus had to be the laughing stock - someone fans liked but not because they wanted him to succeed but because he had he was nothing more than comedy. "Hugh G. Rection anyone?" Tony came to Hugh Morrus a few weeks ago with "an offer he couldn't refuse." The chance to make WCW great again. The chance to become something more than the butt of the joke. And not to mention he offered to pay off Morrus' gambling debt too...that didn't hurt.

From now on - Morrus was truly "no laughing matter" and if Rey decided to show back up again and meddle in their business - he'll show Mysterio exactly what he means by that.

"Rap Sheet" hit the PA system which could only mean one thing - WCW World Champion Booker T was on his way to the ring! The champ hobbled out on his crutch - showing no fear despite his limitations as he stepped into the belly of the beast with KroniK and Hugh Morrus staring him down. Booker wanted nothing more than to come out here and kick all their asses tonight - even on one leg. But Booker instead wanted to put over that while his knee heals up from the damage they did to it...and that includes Lance Storm because Booker T knows good and well he's in cahoots with "you suckas" - there's a little something called WAR GAMES on the horizon. So tonight, the first thing Booker did when he got here was go meet with the Championship Committee and ensure his spot as the captain of one of those teams taking on Tony's team! All Booker had to do now was put together a team...and he had a feeling people were gonna be lining up for the chance to kick their asses inside the War Games cage. Now can you dig that, SUCKAAAAS? Booker told them he'd see them then, but as he turned to leave, Tony stopped him.

"Booker, Booker - wait just one minute." Booker stopped in the middle of the ropes and returned to the ring to face Schiavone. "Have you ever wondered exactly why we put the target on your back first and most often?" Booker responded that it was pretty obvious - he's the WCW Champion. He ALWAYS has the biggest target on his back.

"That's fair enough and certainly part of it," Schiavone admitted. "But, as I said earlier - part of my goal in returning to lead this group...was to right the wrongs of what WCW has been doing under Bischoff. To not repeat the mistakes of the past. And Booker...I hate to tell ya because by God you were one of the best damn tag team wrestlers in the history of this sport! But as a singles star...ehhh..maybe not so much. You were WCW Champion at a time when there just weren't that many top stars to go around. I mean, the first time you won the world title it was literally because Hulk Hogan was suddenly 'no longer available.' You were WCW Champion...when WCW was on his last breath. Let's face it Book...you weren't putting those butts in the seats, now were you? And that's why, when all is said and done, we are going to put an end to the Booker T reign on top of WCW. Because at the end of the day, Book, when it comes to being WCW champion..."

"You are a failure."

Booker could no longer hold back his emotions as Tony mind games played out perfectly. Booker leaned forward and grabbed Tony's by the sports coat, only to be attacked from behind by Adams and Clark! Hugh Morrus pulled the crutch away from Booker and proceeded to smack it right into his bad knee! Booker tried to fight back but the power of KroniK was too much as they forced him into the corner and each lifted a boot up to Booker's throat, choking him in the corner as Morrus pulled a chain from under the ring. Morrus reached into the ring with the chain, wrapping it around the cornered Booker's knee and YANKED BACK ON THE CHAIN with all his might and then HELD IT as he pulled back as far as he could. Booker was rything in pain before Jeff Jarrett and BG James rushed out to make the save! WCW officials attended to Booker as KroniK, Morrus, and Schiavone stood at ringside - staring down Jarrett and James in the ring. Those two teams would be taking each other on as scheduled - NEXT!

KroniK (w/Tony Schiavone & Hugh Morrus) vs. Jeff Jarrett & BG James

During the break, Booker T was helped to the back by WCW officials - clearly unable to put any weight on his left knee that had been done in first by the Canadian Maple Leaf on Sunday and now the attack from Morrus and KroniK tonight. Adams and Clark returned to the ring to take on Jarrett and James in a match that was scheduled for Bash at the Beach but when KroniK took out James pre-match, Jarrett was left to fend for himself. The fired up Jarrett wasted no time taking the fight straight to Brian Adams to start the match, slugging away at the big man. But Jarrett's heated offense wore out eventually Adams blocked a vertical suplex attempt and took Jarrett to the mat with his own. Both men would get tags and BG James tried to shake, rattle and roll his way into some momentum, but Clark would duck the clothesline attempt and took BG James down with a Big Boot instead. As the match continued with KroniK now dominating known tag team expert BG James in the ring - Dustin Rhodes was shown watching the match in the back alongside Dusty Rhodes. Styles couldn't help but wonder what was going through his mind. Back in the ring, BG James kicked out of a sidewalk slam from Brian Adams and began trying to rally only for Adams to take him right back down with a vicious clothesline.

Adams and Clark continued to pick apart James, but also cut corners behind the referee's back. Eventually, Jarrett would grow frustrated and headed off the apron and pulled Adams off the apron and began attacking him at ringside! Unfortunately, this meant BG James had no partner to tag in as he managed to sneak in a jawbreaker to Clark and made it to the corner! Adams reversed an Irish Whip and sent Jarrett crashing into the ring steps as BG James tried to mount a rally against Clark in the ring, but as James sent Clark into the ropes, Adams got the blind tag and climbed to the top turnbuckle. As the former Roadie looked to set up Clark for a Piledriver - Adams came off the top with a flying clothesline! Clark and Adams finished James off with the High Times with Clark grabbing the pinfall as Jarrett tried to get back into the ring but it was too late! KroniK picked up the win.

Post match, Jarrett was double teamed in the ring while we once again see Dustin Rhodes watching on. Dusty actually, surprisingly given Jarrett's treatment of the elder Rhodes, seemed to encourage his son to get out there, but Rhodes shook his head and walked off while in the ring Jarrett joined his partner on the mat thanks to another High Times from KroniK. Tony Schiavone and Morrus joined them in the ring with Schiavone lifting their arms up in victory while the crowd loudly voiced their disapproval.

After the break, a quick segment backstage had Stacy Keibler rallying her two men together - Shawn Stasiak and Chuck Palumbo. Both seemed pretty dejected from their losses on Sunday - but Keibler encouraged them to not focus on what happened on Sunday because she had lined them up with the chance to compete for the WCW Title. That's right - they both had the chance to qualify for the BattleBowl tonight! They both perked up and Stasiak gave her a big kiss on the lips and thanking her, but she told them both to thank her when one of them is WCW Champ!

Back to the ring, Sting made his way out to a loud pop from the crowd. He climbed into the ring and promised something special. He was glad to see BattleBowl well underway because it was a series of matches he held near and dear to his heart thanks to previously winning the first ever BattleBowl back in 1991 - an amazing 10 years ago! "WOO, the Stinger is gettin' old!"

But as explained earlier in the evening, there's TWO spots open in the BattleBowl Finals that will be awarded instantly and Sting couldn't think of a better way to hand one of those out than to handing it out to a former WINNER of this event!

Sting paused as the crowd grew excited, thinking Sting was alluding to himself...but as the crowd cheered his name, he had to put a damper on that. "No, no it's not me, I'm afraid. As GREAT as that would be - as Chairman of the Championship Committee, it wouldn't look right putting myself into title contention, after all!"

Instead, this was a man Sting knew ALL TO WELL. A man that put Sting through Hell and back on many, many occasions. A man who at many times seemed to always have Sting's number. He's no doubt one of the scariest men he ever had to step into the ring against. He's a former multi time WCW World Champion...he is...

BIG VAN VADER!

The crowd gave a warm reaction to the appearance of Vader as he slowly stepped out from the back in his trademark wrestling gear and mask. Vader pounded his chest before walking down to the ring and joining Sting. The two former enemies stared each other down briefly before Vader extended his hand out to Sting, who accepted it with a handshake!

"It's so good...TO BE BACK in WCW!" Vader shouted out. "And more importantly..I can't wait to step back into the ring and WIN THAT BATTLEBOWL again and then get back THAT WCW WORLD TITLE!"

Sting echoed the sentiment, telling Vader it was good to have him back where he belongs - inside the WCW ring.

"Better yet..." Vader interrupted, "I can't wait to get YOU back in this ring again - FOR OLD TIME'S SAKE! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO STINGER!" Vader shouted out as the fans seemed to agree.

Sting smirked, "We'll see..We'll see! I am sure I'll trade the clipboard out for the wrestling boots again before it's all said and done - and when I do, we'll settle the score once and for all."

"HAHA - YOU DAMN RIGHT!" Vader exclaimed as he extended another hand out to Sting. Sting went to shake it, but instead Vader shook his head...and opened his arms up - "LET'S HUG IT OUT, MY BROTHER!" Sting went in and accepted the hug from Vader...who clutched Sting tightly and HIT HIM WITH A BELLY TO BELLY SUPLEX! The crowd's cheers turned to boos as Sting tried to get to his feet only to have Vader charge in with a corner splash to Sting before dropping Sting with a POWER BOMB.

"Like I said... YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT WE WILL." Vader laughed as he tossed the microphone down onto the Chairman of the Championship Committee and headed back up the aisle to boos from the crowd.

BattleBowl Qualifier: Air Raid (Air Paris & Air Styles) vs. The Natural Born Thrillers (Shawn Stasiak & Chuck Palumbo) (w/Stacy Keibler)

Much like earlier in the night when Skipper and O'Haire battled, these two teams are coming from opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of momentum. Air Raid picked up their first ever Pay-Per-View win at Bash at the Beach while Stasiak and Palumbo lost in singles matches. As Keibler mentioned earlier, it was all about looking forward and not backwards for Stasiak and Palumbo, who showed that perhaps their chemistry in the ring as a tag team makes them a viable threat within that division. But the youthful Paris and Styles were no slouches, using their speed to their advantage and actually getting the early upperhand. Stasiak, Palumbo, and Keibler regrouped at ringside only to have both Paris and Styles leaping out of the ring with synchronized springboard planchas to take out both Palumbo and Stasiak at ringside!

The action would return the ring where Styles clocked Palumbo with the Pele Kick and went for the pin only to have Stasiak break it up after a two count. Stasiak took the chance to get in a few quick cheap shots to Styles, which brought Paris into the ring out of frustration. The referee cut off Paris, allowing Stasiak and Palumbo to double team Styles to get the upperhand in the match. With the tables turned, Stasiak and Palumbo grounded the high flying Styles and slowed the pace of the match down to their speed. A hangman's neckbreaker from Stasiak lead to a two count as Stasiak began to show some frustrations as they kept finding themselves unable to put away Styles for good. Keibler climbed the apron and calmed her man down, but this allowed Styles to get to Paris for the hot tag!

But unfortunately for Air Raid, the referee was busy getting Keibler off the apron and never saw the tag! Paris came in with a springboard clothesline to take Stasiak to the mat, but was immediately stopped by the referee and sent back to the corner! Paris argued, which only allowed Keibler to hand a pair of brass knuckles to Palumbo! Palumbo turned Styles around and decked him with a knux assisted punch! Styles hit the mat and Stasiak quickly took advantage with the pin - One...Two...Paris rushed in to make the save only to be cut off by Palumbo's Jungle Kick!...Three! The Thrillers win and both advance to compete in the BattleBowl at Clash of the Champions!

As Keibler entered the ring to lift up their arms in victory. They will join Sean O'Haire in the BattleBowl Lethal Lottery while Vader is one of two automatic finalists in the BattleBowl Battle Royal.

While Stasiak & Palumbo continued to celebrate in the ring, backstage Jeremy Borash was standing by with Rob Van Dam who was about to make his way down to the ring to defend the US Title in tonight's Main Event. However, RVD doesn't really get the chance to talk when Tony Schiavone walks into the frame. RVD's guard immediately went up, but Tony told him to calm down because he was only here to let Rob know that he really thought highly of Van Dam. He was the type of star he would want to see in 'his' WCW...but he's not going to waste anyone's time 'recruiting' him because he can tell RVD had already made up his mind which side of the war he wants to be on. But for tonight, Schiavone wanted to let him know that he guarantees that he will not see Brian Adams...Brian Clarke...or Hugh Morrus anywhere near ringside.

"But...we're not at ringside right now, are we?" And with that, Brian Adams and Bryan Clark came in with clubbing blows to RVD from behind. RVD began trying to battle both of the behemoths off, but Hugh Morrus ran in with the same chain from earlier wrapped around his arm, delivering a chain assisted forearm smash to RVD's back. Adams and Clark then lifted RVD up and tossed him head first into the wall. Schiavone was directing traffic as the assault continued, the KroniK duo lifting RVD back up and holding him in place as Morrus reared back and delivered another shot with the chain wrapped around his arm right to RVD's head.

RVD dropped to the ground as WCW Security rushed in to break it up before things got too out of hand. But damage had already been done to RVD who was left bloodied on the forehead from Morrus' chain. As we headed to commercial, a lot of doubt was now cast on tonight's US Title match.

MAIN EVENT - United States Title Match: Rob Van Dam (c) vs. Lance Storm

Lance Storm made his way down to the ring first, ignoring the boos from the crowd along the way. As he waited in the ring, Styles and Tenay questioned how this match is even going to be possible after the attack from KroniK and Hugh Morrus. And sure enough, as RVD's music played...at first there was no sign of the US Champ. Storm tossed his hands in the air, acting oblivious as to why his opponent wasn't showing up.

But sure enough...eventually, Rob Van Dam stumbled out from the back with his US Title in hand. The crowd gave RVD a standing ovation as he looked to be able to compete after all! He stood at the top of the ramp, wiped away the blood from his head and...was ATTACKED FROM BEHIND BY BIG VAN VADER!

Vader hit a running body avalanche from behind to the standing RVD, sending the already weakened champ to the ground. Lance Storm watched from the ring, again acting as much a surprise to him as it was to the fans and Styles & Tenay at ringside. Vader's assault would conclude with a vicious release Power Bomb onto the ramp! Vader slowly pulled Van Dam up by his hair and rolled him into the ring. Since the match hadn't started yet, Tenay explained, the referee was powerless! Vader entered the ring and had a brief staredown with Lance Storm...that ended with the two shaking hands! The crowd booed as Vader left the ring, but stayed at ringside. Storm told the referee to ring the bell!

Storm walked around the ring and then dropped an elbow down on Van Dam! He hooked the leg. One...Two...Thre...NO! Somehow, someway, Rob Van Dam managed to find a way to get his shoulder up at the last possible second! Storm leaned back on his knees, clearly surprised that Van Dam was able to kick out, but Van Dam was clearly still in no shape to be in the ring. Storm grabbed him by the leg and rolled him over into the Canadian Maple Leaf! The bloodied RVD tried to pull himself up onto his arms, and somehow found the strength to move a few inches towards the ropes, but the pain was too much and the damage had been done...RVD collapsed to the mat and became unresponsive as the referee checked in on him. The referee lifted up RVD's arm and it fell to the ground limp. He called for the bell, determining that RVD was in no shape to continue.

With the bell rung, Storm dropped RVD's leg and celebrated as he was awarded the United States championship for the 4th time in his career. As Storm celebrated, Tony Schiavone, KroniK, and Hugh Morrus walked out to join Vader at ringside. The four men stopped at Vader, and Tony met the big man with a handshake before all of them joined Storm in the ring. Storm and Schiavone stood across from one another before sharing a smile and then a hug! As Booker and others had thought all along, it had all been a ruse from the beginning.

As Nitro, already in a bit of an extended overrun, was running short on time - Tony grabbed the microphone for some quick last words.

"What you see tonight, is just the beginning! Each of us in this ring agree on one thing - that Eric Bischoff's version of WCW is not what's best for this business. So we're going to BURN IT DOWN. We are going to destroy everything about HIS WCW and burn it to the ground. And from the ashes, WCW will be rebuilt....and we are The Foundation in which a glorious new World Championship Wrestling will be built. Today is a day that will be remembered...as the day that history was not relived, instead a new future was born. And as I said, this is just the beginning - so stay tuned, you're not going to want to miss a thing!"

Tony dropped the mic to the mat as WCW Nitro came to a close with his group standing tall in the ring as Lance Storm climbed the turnbuckles and held the US Title high in the air.

Nitro Quick Results

• Shane Helms def. Juventud Guerra & Super Crazy in a Triple Threat Elimination Match to earn a WCW Cruiserweight Title Shot
    • Mike Awesome & Terry Funk def. The BADstreet Boys (w/Shannon Moore)
    • Sean O'Haire def. Elix Skipper to qualify for BattleBowl
    • KroniK (w/Tony Schiavone & Hugh Morrus) def. Jeff Jarrett & BG James
    • Natural Born Thrillers (w/Stacy Keibler) def. Air Raid to qualify for BattleBowl
    • Lance Storm def. Rob Van Dam to win the WCW United States Title
    Last edited by Saint Dubb; 02-05-2020 at 03:44 PM.

Charismatic Enigma

Status

Ooh colors! And line breaks! So first things first - sorry for never getting around to Bash at the Beach. It was a fun read overall and appreciated an ending that made me want to continue on into the next episode of Nitro.

I also mentioned this to Hug Life, I LOVE when things connect over the show and throughout multiple weeks. Mike Awesome and Terry Funk with Lance Storm was extremely simple but did a lot. Vader's confrontation with Sting, Booker T bringing up War Games, and suddenly Vader is with Tony for a 5 Man alliance. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is the number for a team in traditional War Games. I really don't know if that's me trying to pick up on things too early but in my mind that's a story through the whole show. Great stuff.

Lance Storm asking to be serious for a moment always cracks me up. Simple and good promo to follow up with the attack on Booker T. And it's nice to see something smart out of a babyface for once. Knowing the plan and potential for interference to add that extra stipulation is just smart booking. I will say that Vader's interference bothered me, but it was supposed to I would say. Tony Schiavone is really running the damn show.

Mike Awesome and Terry Funk is an awesome tag team. An easy win for them makes sense, York & Matthews are just some henchman in the grand scheme of things.

Appreciate the quick explanation of that triple threat cruisers match. I was a bit confused with why you decided to go that route with the loss, but it makes sense on the end of it. Happy Helms came way with the victory too, feels like there is more behind him and Chavo rather than Guerrero and anyone else right now.

Not familiar with Battle Bowl but it sounds cool. Glad Sean O'Haire won and The Natual Born Thriller's qualified here. That's the right choice all around.

What A Maneuver!

Status

Alright my friend, time for some BATB fallout! I am very glad to see you adding in some color to the show. It may not seem like it makes a big difference, but it really tightens things up and makes the entire presentation look even better. Slapping some color onto this quality content can only be beneficial.

Solid start to the show. Liked how you hammered home that Mysterio wouldn’t be here tonight. Also, Booker T still feeling the effects from that Steel Cage beat down was a nice touch. Keeping a realistic approach to these storylines is the right call.

The CW match was fun, and I’m here for the Cruisers starting off every episode of Nitro. There is no other way to start off the show Glad Helms got the win here, as he needed it the most. Now he gets to continue his redemption arc towards Chavo.

Nice way to set the hook for the US title match later on. Storm played his part perfectly. I’m torn on RVD’s lines a bit. I see RVD as one of the “good guys” looking to take down guys like Storm, and all of Schiavone’s crew, no matter how he gets it done. Shit, they just locked everyone out of the cage and beat the hell out of Booker T, I’d expect them all to want to exact revenge any way possible. RVD calling for the match to be thrown out if anybody got involved sounded more heelish than anything else. A minor nitpick. The segment certainly served its purpose for setting the stage for the main event.

I love this pairing of Mike Awesome and Terry Funk. Funk teaching Awesome his hardcore secrets and ways can only mean more carnage from Mike Awesome in the future…plus whenever Awesome is ready to turn on Funk, it will mean a lot more with them being built up as a credible team. Great work with this storyline. Good little interaction from Awesome and Storm after the fact. Curious to see where this leads down the line…

BattleBowl is back! I love it! I am very intrigued to see how this plays out. Just by reading your shows thus far, I know you are capable of turning this into something worthwhile rather than a shit load of odd pairings that amounts to absolutely nothing in the long run. I’m hoping we get some solid angles and storylines out of it, because it could be a very capable vehicle to progress everything moving forward. I am really looking forward to this.

O’Haire continues his slow burn to the top. He is one of your budding superstars, and I really commend you for not just throwing him into the main event scene just because he can be that guy. He will be that guy, but I like the fact that you’re letting him feast on less competition, getting him more over with every showing.

Awesome segment, and you nailed Schiavone’s lines here. The explanation that Tony wanted to “right the wrongs” of the past was really delivered to perfection. Also love that you dropped War Games right in the middle of Booker’s promo, planting the seeds in our minds that this War Games match is on the horizon, and should be something huge for this thread. The beat down following it was bound to happen, and I liked how you used the beat down as a segway right into the tag team match.

More Kronik, all the time! Jokes aside, Kronik is one of the most interesting teams you have going right now. Unstoppable monsters who love to kick ass. The main story out of this is that Dustin still refuses to help Jarrett even though Jarrett is doing his best to repair all of his past relationships. Jarrett eats High Times while Dustin looks on, and the intrigue continues for Jarrett and Dustin. Nicely done here.

Was not expecting Vader, but I love it! In 2001 I believe Vader still had a bit left to offer, but coming back to the WCW and kicking Sting’s ass certainly cements him as a big player moving forward. Really well done segment here to not only put over Vader, but immediately bring him right back into the fold.

This Tag match could have gone either way. On one hand, Air Raid could have benefitted from winning, but on the other hand, The Thrillers needed it more in my opinion. And the cheap win softens the blow for Air Raid, who can now turn this into fighting fuel moving forward. All while BattleBowl continues to shape up.

Good way to begin the US title match with Schiavone’s crew beating up RVD before he got to the ring. I take back my sole nitpick from this entire show about RVD’s stipulation earlier on, because now it makes perfect sense. Hugh Morrus and his chain are certainly over with me. I hope he continues using it as his signature weapon.

Vader is really getting right back into the thick of things, and in a big way, too. I liked how you had RVD unable to answer the count rather than getting pinned. Not only does it give him an out, and hopefully something like a Ladder Match down the line to re-gain the US title, but it also puts Lance Storm over huge as a heel. The final scene felt like it had shades of the nWo ending Nitro, but in a positive way. The heels need to finish on top tonight after everything that went down. Booker got his ass beat, as did Jarrett and James. Again, much like BATB, Schiavone’s master mind games paid off once again. Really fun stuff.

Overall, this was a really fun read for an episode of Nitro. There are a lot of things to take out of this episode, and you’ve continued the build of WCW’s future really well during this show. We have BattleBowl and WarGames on the horizon, as well as Vader back in the fold, plus Lance Storm finally winning a title match, but with some serious help from his new buds. Awesome shit man, keep this thing going because it has been a blast to read.

Jam Up Guy

Status

To kick things off, loving the addition of colour, sizes, etc. Much easier on the eyes than before, great call there.

You'll never see me complain about WCW opening up with a Cruiserweight match, and I like you stealing the Three Way Dance from ECW. Something to feel different from the WWF, which is crucial at this point.

Loved the Storm promo, and his insistence he isn't working with them. Feels very much like he is, and that just makes it all the better. Fun stuff. The US Title match should be a lot of fun, too.

Gotta give you a huge amount of credit, you've made Shannon Moore a genuinely interesting character, which I didn't think was possible! Match did all it needed to, and I liked the little conforntation with Storm during the break (and loved that it happened during the break, too. Great touch of authenticity there)

Jesus, fuckin' Battlebowl?! I get that it was a tradition, but still!

Welp, looks like Skipper's going to get a chance to travel up the card on his own then. I'm somewhat surprised given you don't have the deepest tag division, but after losing at the PPV there probably wasn't much you could get out of them as a team, whereas Skipper has plenty of potential.

LOVED the Hugh Morrus promo. "WCW can't go out of business again as I need to feed my family" is such a great motivation for a heel. Absolutely loved that. Didn't like Fat Tony's promo to Booker, though, I'm afraid. I get the intention of it, but "you were only champion because the real stars were gone" isn't the kind of thing that anyone should be saying. It's just that little bit too close to home and demeaning for the person who he, really, the only big star you've got. Making Booker out to not be a big star, and in a way that is somewhat true and actively quite damaging, is a rare poor call I have to say. I don't mind the intention of the promo, but saying he's only champion because Hulk isn't around makes the whole project feel really small time for me.

Lol, Road Dogg is such a jobber. Enjoying the booking of Kronik, though.

Aw yeah, now we're talking. Vader is such a great hire, because he would realistically join WCW at this point in his career when a guy like, I dunno, Jericho, wouldn't. But at the same time, he has a rep from the company that means he immediately feels like a big deal. And laying out Sting in his debut segment? Fuck yeah. All over this segment, great stuff.

Really enjoying your patience with pushing AJ. Palumbo and Stasiak suck, sure, but they're the bigger guys (in size and name value) right now, and they have the look, which is one of the biggest problems with your roster right now. AJ's time will come eventually, and I love that you haven't just jobbed out some of these guys who are still useful at this point in time.

I wondered how you would get around the no interference thing in the main, and you did it well. Vader coming out too was a shock, but it all came together really well by the end. And Storm winning the match despite doing very little towards it? Beautiful. RVD still looks like a star, and possibly even more of a star than he did before, thanks to the out you gave him here, Storm gets a belt that is at his more natural level, you paid off all the Storm stuff with Schiavone, and delivered with that excellent promo. Fantastic ending.

Overall, aside form the Schiavone stuff with Booker, there wasn't a thing that didn't land with me here. This is easily one of my favourite things on the whole forum right now, great work.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

After that hit of a PPV, it feels really exciting to be getting another show from you. Typical WCW booking opening with the Cruiserweights and all of the men involved having issues with the champs makes this way more interesting. The match went along well enough and whilst at this stage, any three probably could be a good feud with Chavo, Helms makes the most sense. Former champ, screwed out of the title and all that good stuff.

I’ve loved the booking of Lance Storm throughout this BTB so far, I really have. More solid stuff here with the intro and his insisting that he isn’t working with Fat Tony. Talking about acting out of character and what not was all really good. Clearly nobody is buying this but it’s a nice direction to take it anyway. RVD coming out and calling out Storm was fine, but then I LOVED the slimy nature of Storm, weaselling himself into a title shot. Stipulation and what not is smart from RVD and faces aren’t normally smart in these situations so I appreciate that. Good stuff.

Shannon Moore mentoring York and Matthews is fucking great. I may have mentioned it previously but I’ll do it again.

Whilst I get the respect thing, Funk and Awesome as a team just feels weird. At this point, unless there’s some serious character progression in the coming weeks, I’m hoping this is a one off. Obviously they were always beating the boy band jobbers though, right call there.

Continuing to enjoy these little moments with Storm and Awesome. They’re really making me want to see Awesome destroy Storm. Whether it happens or not, who knows, but these segments are doing a great job of building intrigue. Funk being involved makes me think him and Awesome may be a permanent team as well.

BattleBowl is usually awful but I commend you to sticking to it for tradition. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

I don’t necessarily mind Skipper and Romeo breaking up as it really feels like their team wasn’t destined for, well, anything. Promo was fine enough, although as soon as Romeo seemed slightly less enthusiastic, some shit was always going down here. O’Haire winning is the right call but the aftermath with Romeo is okay. Just irks me a little in terms of segment and match/attack happening right after the other. Especially when there has been nod dramas before this. Even for a lower card angle, it feels a little rushed. Could have at least separated segment and match a little to let the angle marinate, imo.

I kind of talked a little bit about War Games in my review of BATB as it definitely felt this is where you were heading. I’m happy to see that’s the case. Back tracking for a second, Hugh Morrus’ reasoning is fucking awesome. I’ll echo Keef there, that’s some really good stuff. And as much as Morrus needed to do something for the sake of an explanation, from here, I think Fat Tony should do most of the talking. But a bit tick on the Morrus stuff, it’s been a fun arc so far and this was the cream on top of the cake.

Again, I hate to echo Keef but whilst I get Fat Tony trying and succeeding at pissing off Booker, I don’t think this was the way to do it. Booker is WCW’s biggest name in terms of active competitors, and at this time, he probably does still feel a bit small time. So I don’t like Tony belittling him, definitely a bit too close to home. Booker being pissed and getting attacked was the right ending, and a smart move getting Jarrett and Road Dogg involved as well.

BG James unfortunately feels a level below this feud, so I feel you’re using him effectively to kill time and build tension before Rhodes and Jarrett join forces. A good win here for Kronik and booking 101 to have the lesser man take the fall. Looking forward to seeing how Rhodes eventually decides to work with Jarrett. Dusty trying to get him on side was a nice touch as well.

Stacy ‘DEM LEGS’ Keibler rallying the troops was a completely fine segment.

Sting putting over BattleBowl and his previous accomplishments was terrific but fuck I just marked. I almost started a WCW 2001 BTB once and I had BIG VAN VADER booked to go on a yearlong title run. Safe to say I’m a fan and am stoked to see this man getting an intro to the thread. I must admit this wasn’t very appealing in the early stages. Vader being all respectful and lovey dovey, even going in the hug felt so wrong, so was very pleased when he turned on Sting and messed him up. Vader/Sting one more time would be epic, but in the meantime, Booker/Vader NEEDS to happen at some point. Pretty please. This. Is. Epic.

Air Raid have plenty of time to shine and Palumbo and Stasiak needed to get back on the right track. The cheating keeps Air Raid looking okay, but definitely the right call for the more established team to go over.

Attack on RVD leading into the main event where the entire plan came together was BRILLIANT. Loved Storm winning the title whilst barely breaking a sweat, giving Van Dam something to chase. RVD showing some fight and being taken down by the most hated heels in the company automatically elevates his level as well. Just awesome stuff here… And did I mention I fucking love Vader. A terrific ending to the show, and Schiavone’s last big of dialogue was nice as well.

Coming off a hot PPV, you always want to continue the momentum and you did that here. Great job, man.

Indy Talent

Status

Monday Nitro Preview for Tuesday Night huh? :P

That's right though, Dubb. Shed that EWB formatting and give in to the WC way. Submit to the heel turn you betraying bastard :P

Decent opening match, kept the match recap short like I need to start fucking doing again, while hitting me with all of the important information. Helms is the only one of the three who feels like a true contender to Chavo, but truthfully, only Chavo feels like he could be Champion right now. No one else is showing any district personality.

The Storm promo was decent, although I think more could've been done by Storm to try and distant himself from Schiavone and co. I loved RVD not being a completely stoned dumb ass and adding the DQ caveat. While Storm didn't seem ready to be WHC, I hope he doesn't leave with the US Title because that will just feel like a pretty big step back.

Loving this Moore stuff. The promo, BADStreet Boys name, him getting out of the match, and Joey's line... All gold. Always a glorified squash here, and am all for a little run for Terry Funk in this. He's great as either the lovable old crazy man or the dastardly grizzled veteran.

Liking the slow burn here with Awesome and Storm. Simple but effective.

I fucking love that you're doing BattleBowl.

Welp, that's Kid Romeo's future all sorted out: soon to be unemployed :P we both know which of these two men is going to be utilized.

Skipper was never winning this match, but I like the little twist of potentially hyping him up, only to immediately have him lose. Romeo coming out to put the feud into motion is fine with me, as Skipper can cement himself as a face, and go over in the program.

Loved everything about this segment. Tony continues to be gold, and the way you use the Tonyisms - history of our sport, butts in the seat - really helps with that. Morrus' stuff was logically articulated, although SURELY he will change his name to Demott or so least Morris so it's no longer "Humerous" on commentary. I love the ploy of Tony targeting Booker as a failure because there's a take that you could argue it's true, while it really is more of Booker having no chance to be the savior. I think you could really do a lot of fun stuff with that idea. Really loved the innovation of the chain on the knee as an attack. This was fantastic.

I know BG was only in the match to eat the fall, but fuck it, I'll take him getting the spotlight still. I love the little twist of Dustin having no desire to help out tonight, especially with the addition of the Dream now as well. I'm loving the complexity of the story telling.

You son of a bitch! I was going to bring Vader back in my TTO continuation in 02 as well! That's another idea of mine you've nabbed! I love Vader coming back, but I love that swerve with him fucking Sting up. Vader is so much better as a heel, in fairness, and fuck yes give me this match. This show is hitting big time for me.

I was really wondering if you would give Air Raid the win here given the recent struggles for he heels, so I'm really glad with how you booked this. Palumbo and Stasiak needed a win badly, but Air Raid get to look great in defeat still, so everyone wins here.

Well fuck, Fat Tony and the boys are fucking shit up tonight.

I said at the start of the show that Storm winning the US Title is a huge step back for him, and maybe one he can't come back from. I still maintain that. But the whole finish here was booked perfectly, and set up perfectly well from everything with earlier in the show. I can't tell yet if I love Vader being with the group or wish he was his own man fucking shit up, but no matter what I'm a huge fan of the execution of the show's arc and culmination.

Hands down your best outing yet man. A lot of really great stuff here, with questions being asked of what comes back for the company, so I'm all about it.

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

Curtain Jerker

Status

WCW Network Profiles: The Foundation - The Most Dangerous Alliance in the History of Our Sport

July 17, 2001 featured the culmination of Tony Schiavone's master plan that had begun when he first returned to the reborn World Championship Wrestling at Great American Bash a month earlier. After creating havoc for weeks alongside Brian Adams and Bryan Clark of KroniK, Schiavone had also been joined by the recently turned Hugh Morrus, the brand new United States Champion Lance Storm, and the returning form WCW World Champion Big Van Vader. In bringing these hated mean together, Schiavone had effectively created the first real "threat" the new WCW faced - The Foundation.

"What you see tonight, is just the beginning! Each of us in this ring agree on one thing - that Eric Bischoff's version of WCW is not what's best for this business. So we're going to BURN IT DOWN. We are going to destroy everything about HIS WCW and burn it to the ground. And from the ashes, WCW will be rebuilt....and we are The Foundation in which a glorious new World Championship Wrestling will be built. Today is a day that will be remembered...as the day that history was not relived, instead a new future was born. And as I said, this is just the beginning - so stay tuned, you're not going to want to miss a thing!"
    -Tony Schiavone, WCW Tuesday Nitro, 1-17-01

In that moment, The Foundation was formed. But the wheels had been turning for some time.

"I think a lot of people were surprised to see me show up at Great American Bash in 2001. But the truth is, I was never not employed by WCW. It was actually my decision to take a step back from the announce booth - I had been calling matches week in and week out for nearly two decades. But as my 'character' stated when he returned, I do have a love for this company. I was helping out backstage with production still, but it was Eric who came to me and propositioned me with the chance to become an on-air personality...and I'd get to be a 'heel.' I was taken a back as it wasn't something I'd really thought about. Could I pull that off? I just told Eric, you're gonna have to lay this out for me."

-Tony Schiavone, WCW Hall of Famer

"One of the big criticisms I faced early on after the 'Big Bang' was that that we were lacking in there being a real ominous threat. We had set up Booker as our new 'Franchise' during the passing of the torch to Sting - and Booker was doing battle with Storm for the title since Storm was probably our top 'heel' that we had available at the onset. But if we really wanted to showcase Booker, he needed a real threat to battle. And as great as a run it was, just leaning into the New World Order again wasn't going to go over well, I didn't think. So you think about the Sting comparison - well besides battling the nWo, perhaps there was no other stronger group of adversaries Sting battled in his career than The Dangerous Alliance of the early '90's."

-Eric Bischoff, WCW President & CEO

"So wait..wait just a minute here, you're asking me to basically play the role of Paul Heyman - excuse me, Paul E. Dangerously, in what Eric basically described as a re-imagined version of the early 90's Dangerous Alliance. The elements were there - you had the vengeful fired WCW commentator wanting to get vengeance on the company that wronged him alongside a group of 'dangerous' men looking to do just that...that's all I needed to know, I was on board."
    -Tony Schiavone

"Eric asked me to be heavily involved creatively with the planning - and having been part of the original Alliance, I loved it. We wanted to quickly show people that Tony meant business and shouldn't be treated as a joke...which is why he made a Hell of a lot of sense to pair him with KroniK and just let them destroy people for a few weeks."

-Arn Anderson, WCW Hall of Famer

"I think the KroniK attacks were getting people talking and the plan was a great one. Though, not quite everything went according to plan."
    -Tony Schiavone

"I believe the original plan was always KroniK shows up and terrorizes Nitro for a month with me kind of benefiting since that's how I earned another shot at the WCW Title. But there would be this constant tease of if I knew about it and was aligned with them or not. Some of my favorite lines of my career came when I was trying to 'defend my own honor,' so to speak. But Bash at the Beach, there was a few last minute changes..."

-Lance Storm, Former WCW World Champion

"So we fast forward to Bash at the Beach in July. Just like we all saw - the Hugh Morrus turn was always going to happen. The whole 'family man' promo was actually Bill's idea."
    -Arn Anderson

"Despite what 'Hugh Morrus' may have said that next Nitro, I did enjoy playing the comedy characters. But when Arn and Eric came to me and proposed going back heel and being part of this new group that would be at the forefront of the new WCW, I couldn't jump on the train fast enough!"

-Bill DeMott, Former WCW Superstar

"And of course, Lance Storm was always going to be in the group as well. However, Bash at the Beach didn't exactly end the way I had originally planned."
    -Arn Anderson

"The original idea Arn had gone with was that Bash at the Beach would end with a high impact move that left both myself and Booker down on the ground...I was going to be up first and start to try and escape the cage, meanwhile, Booker was going to make the crawl towards the door. My back was going to be to the action when a returning Buff Bagwell was going to come from the crowd and slam the door on Booker's head and prevent him from leaving while I made the turn at the top of the cage and dropped down...winning my first WCW World Title in tainted fashion, but at that point I didn't realize it. The next night on Nitro, I was going to show up and do pretty much what I ended up doing - asking for forgiveness from the fans, that's not how I wanted to win..the whole bit. And then I'd offer Booker a rematch. It would've ended pretty similarly but with Booker getting the beatdown from Bagwell, KroniK, and Morrus..and this time I do join in for the reveal that yep, I knew all along and was orchestrating it alongside Tony to get to the title."
    -Lance Storm

"Of course, that's obviously not what ended up happening. And it was nothing against Lance, but I didn't think it was the right time so soon into the new WCW to hotshot the title in such controversial fashion after all the damage that had been done to it's reputation during Russo's run and it made more sense to put over 'the new face of WCW' more at that moment. Lance's time would come, I assured him - he was someone the fans loved to hate and in my eyes it was only a matter of time. But yeah, call me a hypocrite because of my 'controversy creates cash' motto - but yeah, I opted for less controversy here and called an audible. But there was another reason to audible."
    -Eric Bischoff

"Early in June, Buff Bagwell had actually been suspended for some things he had said against WCW, Bischoff, and the management team in an interview promoting Nitro on FX. It was a small suspension that only kept him out a few weeks and here he was getting a second chance as part of a major storyline...mainly because Eric always was a fan of his look and his charisma...but the boy had zero work ethic at this point in his career and an ego the bigger than his biceps. So what does he do with his second chance - he flushes it down the damn toilet."
    -Arn Anderson

"Yeah, the original Foundation didn't have Vader in it at all actually. It was going to be Buff...but unfortunately, Buff must've been going through something at the time because he completely no-showed Bash at the Beach. Didn't show up - didn't call, no one knew where he was. We found out later it was alcohol related but his once promising career pretty much was over at that point, at least as it related to WCW. I think his pink slip was delivered pretty quickly after that."
    -Tony Schiavone

"Luckily, I had already been in talks with Vader about returning for weeks and he was going to be on Nitro to promote BattleBowl since he was a former winner and we had worked out a contract. We had worked out our differences years ago but the fact that it was a known thing across the wrestling world that I had fired him the first go around worked in very well with Schiavone's group. It was plug and play and ultimately, it made this a much more 'dangerous' alliance with Vader not just in the group but at the forefront of the group."
    -Eric Bischoff

"I was a little surprised to get the call from Eric back in June of 2001. I was in Japan after working hard to get back into shape after letting myself go some during my WWF run...but showing back up for WCW and the potential to work with Sting again was huge to me. I met everyone at Bash at the Beach backstage and later that night, Eric brought up The Foundation and, well you know the rest by now."

-Big Van Vader, WCW Hall of Famer

"Vader...Bryan Clark...Brian Adams...Hugh Morrus..those were some scary big dudes and you had the cerebral and conniving Lance Storm who was perhaps the best wrestler on the roster...that's enough to have anyone shakin' in their boots. That's what I was gonna have to contend with as WCW Champ..damn, what a ride it was gonna be."

-Booker T, WCW Hall of Famer

"Things rarely go according to plan in this industry - it's just a fact. But sometimes, things happen for a reason and the end result is so much more than you ever could've possibly imagined. That's what happened when we formed The Foundation...which, in my slightly biased opinion, really was the 'Most Dangerous Alliance in the History of this Sport.'"
    -Tony Schiavone
    Last edited by Saint Dubb; 02-11-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

The documentary setting you were running with in the early stages is really what got me interested in this, and it's the booking that's kept me around... But if these documentary like posts are continuing, just somewhat less frequently now weekly shows are up and running, I'm a happy man.

The Foundation clearly sounds like it's going to be a HUGE piece of things moving forward, so to give them this focus regarding the planning and what not is pretty awesome. No idea if you're plans were actually to bring in Buff initially or whether that's just part of the story, but either way, good choice to pick Vader. Such an upgrade. The backstage antics of Bagwell not showing up and blowing his second chance is awesome detail to include in this, loving the story.

The part about Bischoff telling Storm his time would come is interesting, because you'd assume he'd fall down the pecking order now Vader is around.

Anyway, some more good stuff here, even the added detail of Vader and Bischoff reconciling. Loved this, looking forward to more of these posts littered throughout the project. Fantastic work as always, mate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information