Thread: WWE NXT Discussion - November 6, 2019

Status
      Country                    United States

WWE NXT WWE NXT Discussion - November 6, 2019

WWE NXT Preview
    November 6, 2019

What will be the fallout of NXT's Raw and Smackdown takeovers?

With shocking takeovers of Raw and SmackDown, NXT has been at the forefront of the WWE Universe.

It all began on Friday Night SmackDown when NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler, Tommaso Ciampa, Keith Lee, Matt Riddle, Rhea Ripley, Tegan Nox and Bianca Belair all made their presence felt by brutalizing the blue brand roster, while NXT Champion Adam Cole made quite possibly the biggest impact with his shocking title retention over Daniel Bryan.

But one night of chaos wasn’t enough for Triple H and the black-and-gold brand’s Superstars, as they took over Raw on Monday. Baszler confronted one of her Survivor Series opponents, Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch, while the rest of the NXT roster ambushed Team Red, capped off in a wild brawl at Raw’s conclusion.

With NXT having caught both of its rival brands off-guard, will they face any retaliation at Full Sail University?

Dakota Kai looks to prove herself against Shayna Baszler

After Dakota Kai found herself on the outside of the first-ever Women’s WarGames Match looking in, The Captain of Team Kick will be out to prove to Rhea Ripley that she should be on her team for the historic battle, when she takes on NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler tonight on WWE NXT.

Ripley revealed her squad for WarGames this morning on WWE’s The Bump, picking Candice LeRae and Kai’s best friend, Tegan Nox. As for the fourth member of her team, The Nightmare was unsure of who she should be, but did not think that Kai was a good enough “fighter” to step into the unforgiving battle that is WarGames. Baszler jumped on that point, saying that Kai would be a “wasted pick.”

Those comments set Kai off. She called out The Submission Magician, saying she’s no longer afraid of the NXT Women’s Champion. Can Kai prove herself to Rhea Ripley ahead of NXT TakeOver: WarGames? Find out live tonight at 8/7 C on USA Network!

Pete Dunne set for rematch with Damian Priest

Pete Dunne will be out for retribution when he takes on Damian Priest tonight on WWE NXT.

In their last battle two weeks ago, Priest resorted to dirty tactics, hitting Dunne below the belt to pick up the victory. Shortly after the battle, The BruiserWeight promised to get vengeance sooner rather than later.

That day will come tonight on NXT. Will Dunne get payback or will Priest continue to gain infamy? Find out live tonight at 8/7 C on USA Network!

How will Tommaso Ciampa's war continue?

After chasing off The Undisputed ERA last week on NXT, Tommaso Ciampa declared that his quest to reclaim the NXT Championship would have to be put on hold, as he was going to war.

While Cole, NXT North American Champion Roderick Strong and NXT Tag Team Champions Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish did not look thrilled about the prospect of war with Ciampa, it was not exactly clear what The Blackheart meant. Could we find out what Ciampa has planned? Find out on WWE NXT, live tomorrow at 8/7 C on USA Network!

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE NXT Discussion - November 6, 2019

Good call not including Shayna's mates in the war games match, but I don't like Mia Yim getting the 4th spot over Dakota Kai. At least they are making that into a bit of an angle though rather than just pretending Rhea forgot about Dakota.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Good call not including Shayna's mates in the war games match, but I don't like Mia Yim getting the 4th spot over Dakota Kai. At least they are making that into a bit of an angle though rather than just pretending Rhea forgot about Dakota.
    There’s definitely gonna be a big Kai moment coming from this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Solid show, Priest vs Dunne and Nese vs Garza were both super fun and that main event was good too. I thought the post match main event stuff was a lot of fun too, it was neat seeing AJ and The Good Bros in NXT.

I have a feeling that Team Ciampa’s fourth member will be Velveteen Dream considering it was TUE that took him out.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Ghana

NXT sure got their receipt because The OC made sure of that

Status

I came out of Priest and Dunne’s rematch thinking Dunne is still one of the best wrestlers in the world for my money. And to his credit, Priest really brought it as well. When this feud started I actually thought Priest was just going to steamroll Dunne to get him established as a huge threat, like NXT often does. Thankfully, it has been a very evenly matched feud so far and there’s definitely at least one match left in this thing. The question is, how does Dain fit into things? Because at this point he’s made a rival out of both of these guys.

Dakota Kai and Shayna Baszler both looked good in their match up. It was great to see a little more edge out of Kai’s character and the amount of offense she got in on Baszler bodes well for her legitimacy. Baszler came through with some good looking joint attacks and throws, mixing in the nasty stuff when she needed to. I wasn’t into the aftermath of this one because they just did that same brawl last week, and I’m also not into Yim so that just completely missed the mark for me. But, like Ed said, it seems to be a set up for something else down the road. Could even see Kai becoming the fourth member of Team Baszler.

Great showcase for the cruiserweights between Garza and Nese. Garza continues to grow on me week by week. He sure seems like someone who will have a bright future in the company if WWE fully gets behind him. Having said that, I’m sure he isn’t going to beat Lio for the title on his first try, but I do expect him to get there before long. And on a side note, it’s great for the cruiserweights becoming a part of NXT, these Full Sail fans are really giving them some proper respect.

Mauro calling Swerve the “Flyest In The Room” might be a step too far. I’ve always figured his name was inspired by Travis Scott, but now you’re giving him nicknames inspired by Travis Scott song titles. At least try a little bit of subtlety. Anyways, Scott and Dijakovic had a very solid match, though the finish might have been slightly over indulgent. They’re both likely to thrive in WWE. I’d say Dijakovic might have the upperhand due to his size but Scott has a special charisma that I think should help elevate him. If nothing else, I can see Scott racking up accomplishments down in NXT. The main roster could be a different story.

And what a six man tag in the main event. Ciampa, Riddle and Lee defending their turf against The OC was absolutely exhilarating. Matt Riddle was the standout of this thing, there’s no question about it. I was jacked when he caught fire and was laying into Styles and Anderson. Man, he should be WWE Champion right now. That ending was really well put together too. Leave fans wondering where Finn’s allegiance is, if he has any. At this point he could be tied to The OC, he could be a lone wolf, or he could even be the next member of The Undisputed Era. I think all three are possibilities right now. Way to keep developing that story, which I think is quickly becoming one of the most interesting in all of wrestling right now.

A really good episode this week. Next week we get Yim vs. Shirai in a ladder match and Garza vs. Rush for the Cruiserweight Title. That’s already looking like a damn nice show and I’m pretty sure neither of those will be the main event.

Thread Information