View Poll Results: Who Will Leave WK 14 As Both IWGP HW And Intercontinental Champion?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kota Ibushi

3 50.00%
  • Tetsuya Naito

1 16.67%
  • Kazuchika Okada

1 16.67%
  • Jay White

1 16.67%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

NJPW NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14

04/01

IWGP Heavyweight Title Match: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Kota Ibushi

IWGP Intercontinental Title Match: Tetsuya Naito vs Jay White (c)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title Match: Will Ospreay (c) vs Hiromu Takahashi

IWGP United States Title Match (Texas Death Match Rules): Lance Archer (c) vs Jon Moxley

IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Title Match: GOD (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) vs. David Finlay & Juice Robinson

Jushin Thunder Liger, Tatsumi Fujinami, The Great Sasuke & Tiger Mask vs. Naoki Sano, Shinjiro Ohtani, Tatsuhito Takaiwa & Ryusuke Taguchi

Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano and YOSHI-HASHI vs. KENTA,, Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens

SANADA, EVIL, Shingo Takagi and BUSHI vs. Zack Sabre Jr., Minoru Suzuki, Taichi & El Desperado

--Pre Show Matches--

Exibition Match: Mayu Iwatani & Arisa Hoshiki vs Giulia & Hana Kimura

Yuji Nagata and Manabu Nakanishi vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Satoshi Kojima

Yuya Uemura, Yota Tsuji, Tomoaki Honma and Togi Makabe vs. Alex Coughlin, Clark Connors, Karl Fredericks, and Toa Henare.

05/01

Title Vs Title (IWGP HW vs IWGP IC): TBD vs TBD

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Chris Jericho

Jushin Thunder Liger's Last Retirement Match: Jyushin Thunder Liger & Naoki Sano vs Ryu Lee & Hiromu Takahashi

NEVER Openweight Title Match: KENTA (c) vs. Hirooki Goto

RevPro Undisputed British Heavyweight Title Match: Zack Sabre Jr (c) vs SANADA

IWGP United States Title Match: Winner Of The Archer vs Moxley Match vs Juice Robinson

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title Match: Bullet Club (Taiji Ishimori & El Phantasmo) vs. Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH)

--Pre Show Matches--

Gauntlet Match for the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championships:

Champions Ryusuke Taguchi, Togi Makabe and Toru Yano vs. Robbie Eagles, YOSHI-HASHI and Tomohiro Ishii vs. BUSHI, Shingo Takagi and EVIL vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru, El Desperado & Taichi vs. Chase Owens, Yujiro Takahashi and Bad Luck Fale

----
    It's champion vs champion. Title for title. Its the ultimate challenge, its Wrestle Kingdom~!

Last edited by MC 16; 12-25-2019 at 04:09 AM.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Re: NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14

Hiromu/Ospreay the same night as Okada/Ibushi is wild.

Hate the tournament idea, really undercuts the idea of it being Ibushi's year with his g1 win and White/Naito has zero interest or juice to it because it's 100% a lock that Naito wins it. I'm still predicting that it's Ibushi/Naito on the second night with Okada free to face Liger, I refuse to believe a 2 year wait for Okada/Naito was all for a 1 day walk up.

Does seem like they are going to evenly split the shows. Guessing one show is going to get NEVER and the other gets the US title, Archer Vs Finlay on the 5th and KENTA Vs Goto or god willing Shibata on the 5th sounds about right.

Fucking EVIL and Sanada are winning Tag league again aren't they?

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

I think it'll be Okada & Naito & then a time limit draw in the 1/5 match.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I think it'll be Okada & Naito & then a time limit draw in the 1/5 match.
    Okada and Naito going 60 minutes sounds horrendous. Really can't see them doing this double champion thing only to then end it in a draw meaning both Okada and Naito keep their titles and the status quo of those two men holding the same titles they've held for the last 3 years continues, even if that does sound like the situation Gedo would love to end up back in Just imagine the butthurt from LIJ fans if Naito failed again to beat Okada at the dome.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I think Ibushi winning has been on the cards since he signed a New Japan contract. Even though he was been in the shadows compared to Naito and Okada, it's his win. I can just feel it. Naito vs Ibushi isn't done and I think that's the final match.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Ibushi winning would be the best option in my NJPW but the reason why I think it will be Okada/Draw:

- The response to there being a double champion was completely shit on by the fans. Hence why I'm thinking a draw as it keeps the champions separate. It also was not an accident Okada was the one who stood up for the titles being separate and not Ibushi or Naito.
    - It gives a natural continuation of Okada/Naito for next year so it allows two big matches in 2020 and the culmination of their Dome rivalry/Naito winning the title in 2021. (Or maybe not. IMO him winning will be much lesser than 2 years ago) But this scenario is also quite similar to Okada's own story with Tanahashi. Remember when it was "for sure" Okada's time and Tanahashi won?
    - Either Naito/Ibushi beating the other totally fucks over one of them. Ibushi with a one day title reign? Why would you do that? Naito is less important but they've dick teased him so long that it feels much more likely he would win than Ibushi.
    - Most importantly: When has a big "first" for the company not ended with Okada standing tall? He's Okada. This is what they do. He is the Ace. Not Naito or Ibushi. They want him to be on the level of Inoki and have shown time and time again that they'll push him with everything they've got. Being the first man to defend the title at back to back Dome shows is yet another accolade they can give him.

I hope Ibushi wins personally but I just don't see it because of the history of the other two. I think if he wins it's an admittance that the last year has not gotten it done and there needs to be changes as it would be a huge blow to the Naito/Okada story they've already fucked up.

The Maniacal Martyr

Status
      Country                    United States

It has to be Naito who walks out of the Tokyo dome with both belts. I dont see Ibushi, maybe Ibushi wins a few months later.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Is it true they are doing 3rd vs 4th from the double title tournament on the 5th show? If so who the fuck would care about that battle of the losers? Bronze medal matches never work.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

It's all hands on deck for two Dome shows. Not surprising they'd want to unload another big match, especially if it's potentially a G1 Final rematch or a WK13 rematch. I mean it's not a big drawing match but a fine contribution to the total package of the show. No problem with it.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I get the idea in theory but third place matches seem pretty worthless in this setting given there are no stakes. The match itself may work though.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

04/01

IWGP Heavyweight Title Match: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Kota Ibushi

IWGP Intercontinental Title Match: Tetsuya Naito vs Jay White (c)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title Match: Will Ospreay (c) vs Hiromu Takahashi

IWGP United States Title Match (Texas Death Match Rules): Lance Archer (c) vs Jon Moxley

IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Title Match: GOD (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) vs. David Finlay & Juice Robinson

Jushin Thunder Liger, Tatsumi Fujinami, The Great Sasuke & Tiger Mask vs. Naoki Sano, Shinjiro Ohtani, Tatsuhito Takaiwa & Ryusuke Taguchi

Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano and YOSHI-HASHI vs. KENTA,, Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens

SANADA, EVIL, Shingo Takagi and BUSHI vs. Zack Sabre Jr., Minoru Suzuki, Taichi & El Desperado

05/01

Title Vs Title (IWGP HW vs IWGP IC): TBD vs TBD

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Chris Jericho

Jushin Thunder Liger's Last Retirement Match: Jyushin Thunder Liger & Naoki Sano vs Ryu Lee & Hiromu Takahashi

NEVER Openweight Title Match: KENTA (c) vs. Hirooki Goto

RevPro Undisputed British Heavyweight Title Match: Zack Sabre Jr (c) vs SANADA

IWGP United States Title Match: Winner Of The Archer vs Moxley Match vs Juice Robinson

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title Match: Bullet Club (Taiji Ishimori & El Phantasmo) vs. Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH)
    The Full Card(s) have been announced for Wrestle Kingdom 14. There are some obvious picks like SANADA vs ZSJ. KENTA vs Goto, although Shibata not competing is sad. But Juice receiving a title shot on the second day I didn't see coming. I didn't expect Liger to be teaming with Sano, arguably his most important career match against Lee and Takahashi. Tags are the norm in retirements usually so it's not a big shock anyway. Should be a good match. Only sad part is that Shingo has been given nothing. Other than that, good stuff. Should be an awesome two days of wrestling. Not a ton of fat either.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I think night 2 may get a few more matches. Shingo vs Suzuki plz.

Cards are looking good though and my doubts about a two night show have evaporated. Gonna be good shit.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

No more Liger Sauce?

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

so no Shibata as zero confidently predicted. they really shouldn’t of given us that second tease at power struggle.

liger’s retirement match is a nice idea, but I’d of rather he would of had a singles match with a younger guy at some point this year if this was always the plan. Is Lee joining Hiromu’s all junior stable?

Should at least of added Suzuki Vs Shingo 2nd day.

great to see Moxley back.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    so no Shibata as zero confidently predicted. they really shouldn’t of given us that second tease at power struggle.
    He'll still be back. Don't know why it's not here. But perhaps they think his return match is a draw on its own.

liger’s retirement match is a nice idea, but I’d of rather he would of had a singles match with a younger guy at some point this year if this was always the plan. Is Lee joining Hiromu’s all junior stable?
    I just think it would have meant so much more to someone to have a singles match with him, but I guess his last match being all about him really isn't the worst thing in the world.

Should at least of added Suzuki Vs Shingo 2nd day.
    The rumor is Suzuki is going to debut on NOAH's show this day. This certainly lends credence to that possibility. My own speculation, but I could see Suzuki not wanting to put Shingo over on the way out tbh. They teased Mox too which I don't understand at all if he is leaving.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Pre show matches announced:

1/4:

Yuya Uemura, Yota Tsuji, Tomoaki Honma and Togi Makabe vs. Alex Coughlin, Clark Connors, Karl Fredericks, and Toa Henare.

Yuji Nagata and Manabu Nakanishi vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Satoshi Kojima

1/5:

Gauntlet Match for the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championships:

Champions Ryusuke Taguchi, Togi Makabe and Toru Yano vs. Robbie Eagles, YOSHI-HASHI and Tomohiro Ishii vs. BUSHI, Shingo Takagi and EVIL vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru, El Desperado & Taichi vs. Chase Owens, Yujiro Takahashi and Bad Luck Fale
    As expected. Gauntlet matches and young lions/vet matches. Should be a fine pair pre-show.
    Last edited by MC 16; 12-16-2019 at 07:35 PM.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States
    Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Well I welcome some stakes in that match.

I look forward to Brandi Rhodes shaving Tanahashi's hair off in 2020 as he pledges himself to the Nightmare Collective during his AEW run.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I just think it's Tanahashi realizing that the match isn't hot and decided to add some stakes to it. Although I don't think New Japan would allow it to transpire.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Well I welcome some stakes in that match.

I look forward to Brandi Rhodes shaving Tanahashi's hair off in 2020 as he pledges himself to the Nightmare Collective during his AEW run.
    Or even better, Tanahashi is apart of the Dark Order. His catchphrase will have whole darker implications then.

WAKE UP

Status

Have to assume Tanahashi is losing now as there seems little chance of Tanahashi getting an AEW title shot considering the frosty relationship there, unless Jericho is going above their heads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information